ADVERTISEMENT

GoT season 7 discussion

Are you excited for the GOT return 7/16?

• Total voters
So much awesomeness last knight setting up an epic last 2 episodes:

- Jon petting a dragon (wink wink)
- Sam's woman reading the exact account of Reagar annulling his marriage to marry Lyanna Stark (which SAm missed from being pissed about shit stories)
- Tarly house now exterminated, leaving Sam as the heir to the Tarly House rule
- Littlefinger playing Arya - or is he? I think she is double crossing him and assumed a face of someone else
- Sansa being Sansa - boring and horrible
- Cersei probably faking a pregnancy to keep Jamie loyal - knowing he's not digging everything
- Apparently a plan to unite Westeros if they can provide a living Walker
- Jorah making it back to Dany, only to find she has yet another crush on a guy not named Jorah
- GENDRY IS BACK!
- And lastly, we now have a hunting party that brought together jon, The Hound, Brotherhood without Banners, Robert's bastard, Jorah Mormont, and Tormund. That's one hell of a group.

FIFY

I'm really interested to see who is playing who between Arya and Little Finger. In the end I expect Arya to win but for Sansa to kill Little Finger. She's a true master of the Ganebof Faces and can read ppl like a book. She'll see right through Baelish's attempt last at deception. Hopefully Sansa will listen to her though.

Arya must prevail. If she were to be undone by LF, shortly after returning to WF, after we spent multiple seasons putting up with her slow and sometimes boring transformation to an assassin, then it would be the worst story telling ever.

I'm really interested to see who is playing who between Arya and Little Finger. In the end I expect Arya to win but for Sansa to kill Little Finger. She's a true master of the Ganebof Faces and can read ppl like a book. She'll see right through Baelish's attempt last at deception. Hopefully Sansa will listen to her though.
I think LF is playing her right now. He currently has the upper hand. This will come back to bite her shortly, maybe this season. However, after his little win, Arya will quickly counter and he will likely pay the price.

I think LF is playing her right now. He currently has the upper hand. This will come back to bite her shortly, maybe this season. However, after his little win, Arya will quickly counter and he will likely pay the price.

That's my feeling too. Unlucky for him he can't don faces to achieve his goals.

He's not really playing Arya. I'm sure they'll show that she was one of the people he was conspiring with and knew his plot all along.

He's not really playing Arya. I'm sure they'll show that she was one of the people he was conspiring with and knew his plot all along.
I dont think at first he was, but then he sensed he was being followed. That raven message was definitely a plant, whether it was a legit message or not.

We will probably find out next week.

I dont think at first he was, but then he sensed he was being followed. That raven message was definitely a plant, whether it was a legit message or not.

We will probably find out next week.

It was a legit message. It was the one Cersei made Sansa right to Rob and her mom right after Ned was killed. LF wanted Arya to find it so he can drive a wedge between the sisters and attempt to have Sansa come crawling back to him for help.

It was a legit message. It was the one Cersei made Sansa right to Rob and her mom right after Ned was killed. LF wanted Arya to find it so he can drive a wedge between the sisters and attempt to have Sansa come crawling back to him for help.
That makes even more sense. Yea hes definitely trying to drive that wedge. Arya will probably do something stupid like threaten him right in front of Sansa. Sansa doesnt seem to like Aryas violent side. It is still going to back fire on LF somehow though.

Little Finger needs to go. How his conniving ass has made it this far is beyond me. Same with that cockless Theon. Speaking of which, who will kill his uncle? Jamie? Cersei? My money is on the latter in some steamy scene where he thinks he is going to get some tail.

I used to think Cersei was smoking hottttt, but she hasn't looked too good lately. Once I learned they used body double for walk of shame, I haven't fap'd to her since.

Yep they ruined her looks with the new neo-feminist haircut. She looked great I season 1.

Yep they ruined her looks with the new neo-feminist haircut. She looked great I season 1.

Yes, I even fap'd to that early scene where she was fricking her brother in the Winterfell Tower. Gave me a weird boner.
Now she is practically unfapable.

so apparently episode 6 leaked yesterday. I tried to watch it and found 2 separate downloads. one was a video of someones phone which was complete crap. the other was not hd and sound was just slightly off.

i was going to watch it, but my wife didnt want to watch it because it wasnt hd.... bleh.

so apparently episode 6 leaked yesterday. I tried to watch it and found 2 separate downloads. one was a video of someones phone which was complete crap. the other was not hd and sound was just slightly off.

i was going to watch it, but my wife didnt want to watch it because it wasnt hd.... bleh.

I don't get watching leaked stuff with crappy quality either. It totally ruins the enjoyment of the show.

PS- the leaker was......HBO. The morons accidentally ran the episode in Spain and now it's out there once again.

Great episode. Figured someone would die from the party north of the wall, Beric is now a cat on its last life. Didn't expect Dany to bring the dragons. However, once she left I knew she'd lose one and once it died I thought to myself, I bet the Night King takes the dragon.

Now we get to see Cersei be a super bitch at the meeting next week.

Last edited:
Great episode. Figured someone would die from the party north of the wall, Beric is now a cat on its last life. Didn't expect Dany to bring the dragons. However, once she left I knew she'd lose one and once I died I thought to myself, I bet the Night King takes the dragon.

Now we get to see Cersei be a super bitch at the meeting next week.

I won't be surprised if Cersei dies next episode. She's effectively the mad queen and may not llisten to reason. The wight will be right in front of her, she won't want to believe it, she'll try to betray them all, and Jamie will be forced to do the deed.

Just my thoughts.

But at the same time the more I think about it, I think she'll die in childbirth. The irony of how much she loves her kids, it would be one that kills her. And I wouldn't be surprised to see it be born a dwarf.

Last edited:
I won't be surprised if Cersei dies next episode. She's effectively the mad queen and may not llisten to reason. The wight will be right in front of her, she won't want to believe it, she'll try to betray them all, and Jamie will be forced to do the deed.

Just my thoughts.

But at the same time the more I think about it, I think she'll die in childbirth. The irony of how much she loves her kids, it would be one that kills her. And I wouldn't be surprised to see it be born a dwarf.

Cerci is going to pull back her part of the unite Westeros army as they defend the wall. They will get slaughtered, and we will be back a square one, again.

Really good episode but at the same time, I feel the show is being pulled more and more towards Hollywood-izing everything.

I mean, a last second impossible dragon rescue? Benjin savings the day out of nowhere amongst thousands of walkers? A bunch of guys riding on a dragon with no problem like it's a school bus? Jon arriving on a horse as Dany gleefully watches on? Them sharing the love moment at the end? Tormund being improbably saved by the Hound while 8 walkers were dragging him?

I duno. It feels less like a GMMR storyline right now. The only guys who died were minor by nature.

i cant wait for the meeting, its going to be intense for sure. i wonder if the wight will last until then or not.

cersei's prophecy is interesting. it says she will only have 3 kids. this definitely points to her lying to jaime. more and more shes becoming the mad queen which also points to jaime ultimately choking her to death.

just like 85 mentioned, because of the collapsed time frame, this season is feeling more and more like hollywood instead of the grrm that we are used to. some of it i like, while other parts feel too rushed.

And where the f*ck did the walkers get TWO massive, 300 yard long shipliner industrial chains from? They couldn't swim to attack Jon' squad but could swim just fine to attach the chains to the dragon? No one at Eastwatch thought to maybe bring some f'ing horses instead of walking the entire way? And honestly the "bro talk" amongst the Avengers squad felt so forced and corny.

These are just annoying plot holes that are piling up. I know it's fantasy but it's feeling sloppy and rushed at this point.

And back at Wintefell, Arya and Sansa are nearing conflict while the guy who could settle everything in one sentence (Bran) is absent the entire episode.

Really good episode but at the same time, I feel the show is being pulled more and more towards Hollywood-izing everything.

I mean, a last second impossible dragon rescue? Benjin savings the day out of nowhere amongst thousands of walkers? A bunch of guys riding on a dragon with no problem like it's a school bus? Jon arriving on a horse as Dany gleefully watches on? Them sharing the love moment at the end? Tormund being improbably saved by the Hound while 8 walkers were dragging him?

I duno. It feels less like a GMMR storyline right now. The only guys who died were minor by nature.
I finally caught up this season and watched last nights episode live. A few of the things you mention are explainable.

Regarding the dragon rescue: they were sitting on that rock for at least 2 days. If you watch for the day to night transitions you can see it's a few days so it's not a teleportation thousands of miles that it may look like at first.

Benjin is interesting. He worked for the last 3 eyed raven so him showing up to save Jon was because Bran told him to. Benjin can't go south of the wall since he's a pseudo-walker so his death signifies the story will remain south of the wall.

Everything else I agree with.

-I took the Arya/Sansa scene last night as a "I can do all of this crazy stuff and kill anyone" *hands Sansa dagger* "I'm at your disposal." I think they work together and end up killing Littlefinger.

-The dragon being raised was interesting. When the night king raised the dead at Hardhome, he just lifted his hands. When he raised the dragon, he touched the face which is the same thing he did when turning the human baby into a walker. I don't think this is a zombie dragon, I think it's a white walker dragon.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I finally caught up this season and watched last nights episode live. A few of the things you mention are explainable.

Regarding the dragon rescue: they were sitting on that rock for at least 2 days. If you watch for the day to night transitions you can see it's a few days so it's not a teleportation thousands of miles that it may look like at first.

Benjin is interesting. He worked for the last 3 eyed raven so him showing up to save Jon was because Bran told him to. Benjin can't go south of the wall since he's a pseudo-walker so his death signifies the story will remain south of the wall.

Everything else I agree with.

I get some of that. But they were on the rock for 2 days and......the dragon comes literally as they're all about to be destroyed. Meh.

Last season we had arguably the greatest, most sinister series of scenes when Cersei destroys the Sept and everyone with it. It was as GOT as it gets. This season there's just been way too much super-hero type plot action.

I get some of that. But they were on the rock for 2 days and......the dragon comes literally as they're all about to be destroyed. Meh.

Last season we had arguably the greatest, most sinister series of scenes when Cersei destroys the Sept and everyone with it. It was as GOT as it gets. This season there's just been way too much super-hero type plot action.

Agreed. Hoping they are saving it all for the finale!

I agree. It did have a Hollywood vibe to it.

I do wonder whether that was a trap; intentionally getting the dragons there to kill one. Maybe it's the key to destroying the wall. It seems the Night King is always multiple steps ahead.

I agree. It did have a Hollywood vibe to it.

I do wonder whether that was a trap; intentionally getting the dragons there to kill one. Maybe it's the key to destroying the wall. It seems the Night King is always multiple steps ahead.
except he has a massive army and has yet to really attack the wall...

except he has a massive army and has yet to really attack the wall...
But the Wall has some sort of magic properties. I don't think it's as simple as just attacking it and running through the gate. There's probably something special required. Or it doesn't and it's literally just a giant ice shelf. Who knows anymore.

But the Wall has some sort of magic properties. I don't think it's as simple as just attacking it and running through the gate. There's probably something special required. Or it doesn't and it's literally just a giant ice shelf. Who knows anymore.
i think you are right. there has to be some kind of magic built into it. otherwise its stupid for the night king not to have already attacked it.

Random thought: if they knew they would have so much storyline to cover that things would be rushed, why did they limit the season to 7 episodes? It's like they're rushing since there's only 7 to deal with, but they're the ones who trimmed it from 10 to 7. Surely this show had budget to do another 3.

I think they could have really used 3 extra hours to smoothe the plot transitions a bit.

Reactions: UCFan416
Random thought: if they knew they would have so much storyline to cover that things would be rushed, why did they limit the season to 7 episodes? It's like they're rushing since there's only 7 to deal with, but they're the ones who trimmed it from 10 to 7. Surely this show had budget to do another 3.

I think they could have really used 3 extra hours to smoothe the plot transitions a bit.
I agree, it was a poor decision. They could have stretched this season out to 8, 9, or even 10 full episodes. Maybe not 3 full episodes, but at least 1 more to smooth it out. Next season will likely feel extremely rushed as well.

Season 5 & 6 were dragged out enough. It's time to wrap it up, already.

Not going to lie, I thought Jamie was a dead man. It would have been really interesting for her to let Tyrion live but kill Jamie.
I picked up that parallel as well. It would have been an interesting twist.

I still think Cersei will end up dying in childbirth (if she's even pregnant) giving birth to a little person like Tyrion. It would be an interesting end for her considering her disdain for Tyrion but love for her children.

It pains me to say this but this show has really diminished in terms of quality and interesting plot lines. This was the first finale since the show began where I was genuinely bored in some spots. Not for lack of stuff going on, but for lack of unpredictability.

The big "reveal" was Jon's lineage? Anyone with a brain had already pieced that together 2 seasons ago; book readers had that pegged going back years. And the show couldn't even give us someone telling Jon this before ending this season??? Jesus man.

Also these "all star" reunions are feeling really forced and cheesy.

The best part of the episode was the dialogue between Tyrion and Cersei.

And Theon! Why do we give a shit about Theon? Or Yara? They continue devoting lots of time to these people who seem totally irrelevant to the larger plotline. Unless the grand scheme to save mankind is posting them up on the Iron Islands while the walkers overtake all of Westeros.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT