ADVERTISEMENT

GoT season 7 discussion

Are you excited for the GOT return 7/16?

• Total voters
Now that the Reed girl (Bran's friend) is going home, apparently, I wonder if she'll see her father. Howland Reed was the guy with Ned Stark at the Tower of Joy and the only other person alive (besides Bran) who knows Jon's real parentage. He is at Greywater Watch and it's not terribly far from Dragonstone......

It just seems odd that the one living person who was there and knows Jon's big secret has been totally absent. I'm sure at some point he considered telling Jon now that the Baratheons are all dead.

Big questions with several big regions/houses. What happens to Riverrun? What happens to Dorne? Anything happening to the Stormlands(Baratheon)? What side does the Eyrie partner with. Im guessing with Jon and the North, but who knows with Little Finger having a big influence.

Reactions: UCFhonors
True. But I don't think the Dothraki are suited to siege. But the unsullied are.

Right now Cersi has a half army and a navy. Vs 2 armies and 3 dragons. 3 armies with Dorne. Then there the North and Vale.

It's crazy that basically 4 of kingdoms have been sacked. I wonder if we will see the Tully reemerge with Freys taken out?

Which is why Cersei is trying to buy the Golden Company out in Essos. They would make things more interesting. But without the grain, people are going to start starving, we'll see if it lasts.

Big questions with several big regions/houses. What happens to Riverrun? What happens to Dorne? Anything happening to the Stormlands(Baratheon)? What side does the Eyrie partner with. Im guessing with Jon and the North, but who knows with Little Finger having a big influence.

The Eeyrie already sent their soldiers to Winterfell/Starks and regardless of Littlefinger, Sansa's cousin is the (deranged) kid ruler of the Eeyrie now.

Well yeah...I think a crossbow being their "ultimate weapon" is DUMB...and if it remains that way, then damn GoT writers, do better.

I'd think Bran will tell Jon near immediately...he asked for him right away when he got there.

A large crossbow is a real weapon from Rome. Don't know how you can say that's dumb and not criticize all the fanasty stuff like dragons?

A large crossbow is a real weapon from Rome. Don't know how you can say that's dumb and not criticize all the fanasty stuff like dragons?

It's not dumb that it's a weapon, it's dumb that these creatures who are meant to be practically invincible would be defeated by a "normal weapon".

It's not dumb that it's a weapon, it's dumb that these creatures who are meant to be practically invincible would be defeated by a "normal weapon".
too be fair, its a pretty large crossbow shooting giant iron rods. we saw earlier how ineffective the regular bow and arrows were against the dragon.

My question is how did that Unsullied soldier have sex with the hot black chick if he had no wee wee?

My question is how did that Unsullied soldier have sex with the hot black chick if he had no wee wee?

I think it's that he has no ballz. His pee pee is still there. Anyhoo, if memory serves, he just did a little muff diving. I don't think he threw it in her.

I think it's that he has no ballz. His pee pee is still there. Anyhoo, if memory serves, he just did a little muff diving. I don't think he threw it in her.

No. A eunuch has everything chopped off; he had to go down on her since there was nothing else to do.

The sex scene itself was totally unnecessary to the plot, so this was just more of HBO attempting to make some sort of faux social statement in their shows. "Dickless trained warrior goes into lesbian style sex scene with woman who loves the flattened area where his dick once was." It's like a plot from a transgender activist movie.

Reactions: fabknight
No. A eunuch has everything chopped off; he had to go down on her since there was nothing else to do.

The sex scene itself was totally unnecessary to the plot, so this was just more of HBO attempting to make some sort of faux social statement in their shows. "Dickless trained warrior goes into lesbian style sex scene with woman who loves the flattened area where his dick once was." It's like a plot from a transgender activist movie.

They are eunuchs. That is right.

And you've seriously gone off the deep end with this horseshit gratuitous sex. Get your head out of your ass.

Season 7 has been great so far. It reminds me just how bad Seasons 5 & 6 were. The story came to screeching halt in those seasons. Really the story should be over by now.

Season 7 has been great so far. It reminds me just how bad Seasons 5 & 6 were. The story came to screeching halt in those seasons. Really the story should be over by now.

Battle of the Bastards was outstanding. Come on.

I agree with you about Season 5. Going to Dorne was awful but served the purpose of having them join Dany later. It was just bad story telling. But I loved Season 6. Jon being alive again, the Red witch questioning herself, Bran realizing his full power, the battle of the basterds, and Cersei nuking the Sparrows and a good portion of Kingslanding. I thought Season 6 set us up nicely for the roller coaster that is now.

I agree with you about Season 5. Going to Dorne was awful but served the purpose of having them join Dany later. It was just bad story telling. But I loved Season 6. Jon being alive again, the Red witch questioning herself, Bran realizing his full power, the battle of the basterds, and Cersei nuking the Sparrows and a good portion of Kingslanding. I thought Season 6 set us up nicely for the roller coaster that is now.

You're nuts. Season 5 was good too. It featured arguably the best episode of the show thus far, Hardhome, and we got the Cersei walk of shame which made her 1000000x more nuts.

It was slower at times but it had to be. There are 600 minutes to fill per season and this is a story with massive storylines that until recently didn't really cross.

Battle of the Bastards was outstanding. Come on.

Great battle. But one battle scene does not make up for 19 boring episodes.

The real criticism is almost everything that was being shown in Season 5 & 6 were divergences from the main story. Those seasons were like someone getting close to an ending of a story, and starts going on a tangent about the back stories of the characters and giving all this unnecessary details about their lives building up to them doing something. Bad story telling in those episodes.

Was Martin and HBO fighting during the development of those seasons? Seems like it.

The resurrection of Jon and Brons visions are dumbest parts of the show. It's like time travel. Fun concept to play with, but is horrible in story telling. Same with resurrections. If Jon can be resurrected then we should be waiting on Ned Stark and Stannis to be resurrected. The show would have been over in season 2 if resurrection is possible.

You're nuts. Season 5 was good too. It featured arguably the best episode of the show thus far, Hardhome, and we got the Cersei walk of shame which made her 1000000x more nuts.

It was slower at times but it had to be. There are 600 minutes to fill per season and this is a story with massive storylines that until recently didn't really cross.

You're correct. Let me clarify, in terms of other seasons, 5 IMO was my least favorite. Important things happened especially to Sansa, Jon, and Tyrion and Hardhome was amazing, but Jamie's adventure to Dorne just seemed forced.

It would still be the best season ever created for every other crappy network show that's out there.

The sex on the show has definitely slowed down. Mostly because there's too much plotline to cover to feature brothels and girls anymore. We were first introduced to Tyrion as he was knee deep in a hooker 3-some in Winterfell; now he's a super serious Hand and seemingly uninterested in women.

The sex on the show has definitely slowed down. Mostly because there's too much plotline to cover to feature brothels and girls anymore. We were first introduced to Tyrion as he was knee deep in a hooker 3-some in Winterfell; now he's a super serious Hand and seemingly uninterested in women.
I really REALLY want to see the Red Witch's tig bitties again.

Reactions: UCFWayne

I'm not sure about all the other Houses but I was expecting Edmund Tully to be set free from the Freys jail after Arya killed Walter and the Freys.

The Tullys were connected. Catelyn Stark and the wife of John Ayran of Eyrie were Tully.

So the Starks, Tullys, and Eyrie should be united right now.

Of course the Dany has the Dorne / Martels and Tyrells.

I'm assuming the Baratheons are with the Lannisters.

I'm not sure about all the other Houses but I was expecting Edmund Tully to be set free from the Freys jail after Arya killed Walter and the Freys.

The Tullys were connected. Catelyn Stark and the wife of John Ayran of Eyrie were Tully.

So the Starks, Tullys, and Eyrie should be united right now.

Of course the Dany has the Dorne / Martels and Tyrells.

I'm assuming the Baratheons are with the Lannisters.

Edmure Tully was released in Season 6 when the Lannisters/Freys took back Riverrun from the Blackfish. He allowed the Lannisters to kill his uncle. I don't see him joining the Starks. And the Eyrie is Little Finger's now so who knows what they'll do. And I'm pretty sure all the Baratheons are dead except for Robert's bastard Gendry and who knows if we'll see him again.

Alot of the big houses are in disarray with no clear leaders. It will be interesting to see if they build up one or more before the end of this season. I think a bulk of next season will be about the war with the white walkers.

Alot of the big houses are in disarray with no clear leaders. It will be interesting to see if they build up one or more before the end of this season. I think a bulk of next season will be about the war with the white walkers.

I think that's the point of this season. Creating basically a jumbled mess of Westeros just in time for the walkers to arrive south of the wall and force everyone to do their part to fight them.

I really think by time we get to half way through next season, most of the main characters will be dead. I think the show will end with just 2-3 main characters still alive, with one of them being the central focus of whatever transpired.

I think that's the point of this season. Creating basically a jumbled mess of Westeros just in time for the walkers to arrive south of the wall and force everyone to do their part to fight them.

I really think by time we get to half way through next season, most of the main characters will be dead. I think the show will end with just 2-3 main characters still alive, with one of them being the central focus of whatever transpired.
I think you are probably right. It will force people to work together or they are all doomed.

Edmure Tully was released in Season 6 when the Lannisters/Freys took back Riverrun from the Blackfish. He allowed the Lannisters to kill his uncle. I don't see him joining the Starks. And the Eyrie is Little Finger's now so who knows what they'll do. And I'm pretty sure all the Baratheons are dead except for Robert's bastard Gendry and who knows if we'll see him again.

Oh that's right. Had to look it up. "Currently, Edmure is on his way to Casterly Rock, under heavy guard. Roslin will join him soon after she gives birth to their child."

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Edmure_Tully

Maybe the unsullied will free Edmure?

That's basically what I got from the paintings in the cave - the Children of the Forest created the White Walkers to bring everyone together. I didn't read the books but that's how I see it.

That's basically what I got from the paintings in the cave - the Children of the Forest created the White Walkers to bring everyone together. I didn't read the books but that's how I see it.

No. Not quite.

In the books it was said that when the first men arrived in Westeros, they fought the children of the forest for nearly 2,000 years since they were harvesting their forests. However, sometime after those 2,000 years, the white walkers brought an army down and started killing both sides.

At that point the children and first men made a pact and fought the walkers together. That is the painting you saw- them depicting a joint struggle against the walkers and Nights King.

Via the show we DO know that the children made the walkers- but not to bring everyone together. They made the Night King originally to defeat the first men. However things got out of hand and they lost control over the Nights King and his walkers.

Once the children and first men drove the walkers back north, it's said in the books that the children worked with someone named Bran the Builder, using their magic, to construct the Wall which stands until this day. This was nearly 3,000 years before the events in the show we see today.

Bran the Builder........Bran the 3 Eyed Raven.....you see where it's going

Reactions: UCFWayne
No. Not quite.

In the books it was said that when the first men arrived in Westeros, they fought the children of the forest for nearly 2,000 years since they were harvesting their forests. However, sometime after those 2,000 years, the white walkers brought an army down and started killing both sides.

At that point the children and first men made a pact and fought the walkers together. That is the painting you saw- them depicting a joint struggle against the walkers and Nights King.

Via the show we DO know that the children made the walkers- but not to bring everyone together. They made the Night King originally to defeat the first men. However things got out of hand and they lost control over the Nights King and his walkers.

Once the children and first men drove the walkers back north, it's said in the books that the children worked with someone named Bran the Builder, using their magic, to construct the Wall which stands until this day. This was nearly 3,000 years before the events in the show we see today.

Bran the Builder........Bran the 3 Eyed Raven.....you see where it's going
Cool thanks for the lesson!

Don't the masters basically work for the lords?

Yet Sam is now lord Tarly. The arch master knows that and still treats him like an itern?

This is almost as bad as Jon's resurrection.

Sam is going to save the day. This is what Martin meant by the ending being bitter sweet.

Lots of info and set up last night. Execution by dragon fire of Lord Tarley and Dickoff Tarley was awesome. Disappointed no bewbies were on display.

Don't the masters basically work for the lords?

Yet Sam is now lord Tarly. The arch master knows that and still treats him like an itern?

This is almost as bad as Jon's resurrection.
I believe they give that up when they go to become maesters, same with becoming a member of the nights watch.

Either way, when Sam finally does figure something out to help battle them, and the rest of the Westeros finds out they didnt do shit, its not going to be pretty.

So much awesomeness last night setting up an epic last 2 episodes:

- Jon petting a dragon (wink wink)
- Sam's woman reading the exact account of Reagar annulling his marriage to marry Lyanna Stark (which SAm missed from being pissed about shit stories)
- Tarly house now exterminated, leaving Sam as the heir to the Tarly House rule
- Littlefinger playing Arya - or is he? I think she is double crossing him and assumed a face of someone else
- Sansa being Sansa - boring and horrible
- Cersei probably faking a pregnancy to keep Jamie loyal - knowing he's not digging everything
- Apparently a plan to unite Westeros if they can provide a living Walker
- Jorah making it back to Dany, only to find she has yet another crush on a guy not named Jorah
- GENDRY IS BACK!
- And lastly, we now have a hunting party that brought together jon, The Hound, Brotherhood without Banners, Robert's bastard, Jorah Mormont, and Tormund. That's one hell of a group.

STFU Samwell!!!

But seriously, next week is going to be crazy. GoT always likes to make the second to last episode its biggest of the season. I expect some crazy white walker battle and and race back to the wall before an imminent massive attack on Eastwatch.

I'm really interested to see who is playing who between Arya and Little Finger. In the end I expect Arya to win but for Sansa to kill Little Finger. She's a true master of the Ganebof Faces and can read ppl like a book. She'll see right through Baelish's attempt last at deception. Hopefully Sansa will listen to her though.

ADVERTISEMENT