ADVERTISEMENT

GoT (Spoilers)

The question is whether anyone will still care about finally getting ADOS when it comes out 12 years from now.
Ian McElhinney (who portrayed Barristan Selmy in the show), says they're already written and that GRRM struck a deal with D&D to wait til the show is done.

(start at 31:41)

Ian McElhinney (who portrayed Barristan Selmy in the show), says they're already written and that GRRM struck a deal with D&D to wait til the show is done.

(start at 31:41)

GRRM has since shot this down as hard as possible

And if I have to go with either side to believe, I’m inclined to believe that GRRM remains a lazy slug who isn’t even done with TWOW yet and is still another 10 years from possibly having ADOS done.

GRRM has since shot this down as hard as possible.
Yeah, he said it was total bullsh*t.

And if I have to go with either side to believe, I’m inclined to believe that GRRM remains a lazy slug who isn’t even done with TWOW yet and is still another 10 years from possibly having ADOS done.
I just hope he doesn’t die before he finishes it like Robert Jordan with his Wheel in Time series.

Slightly OT, Showtime is not airing a new Billions or Chi tonight. Never seen that in cable land before.

Pure shit.

I very rarely get my panties in a wad but congrats HBO, you put a fukcing red cherry on the white stuff that tops bird shit. You took all six episodes of this season and developed a pure fukcing dud to top it off. This was about as fun as watching UCF lose to UAB 16-0 in 2008. You made GOL football look entertaining. This shit was lazy, not thought out, horribly written, and a waste of my time. I pray you go bankrupt (yes I love capitalism, save it Chemmie) over this.

Reactions: UCFWayne
WTF was the point of revealing that Jon Snow was the true king? IT SERVED ABSOLUTELY NO PURPOSE WHATSOEVER. Think about it: that little nugget could have gone undone and the show, in its final bits, wouldn't have changed at all.

It wasn't a single factor in the Panel naming Bran Stark the King. Not one iota. He still could have killed Dany and gone off into the Night Watch (or whatever the fukc that is now--THOUGHT THAT WAS DONE!!! Why do we need a wall if all the walkers are gone!?!?).

And can we get back to how fukcing stupid it was to name Bran the king? Dude sits in a wheelchair for 8 seasons spouting God knows what, having acid flashbacks, blah blah blah, and they decide on that????

WTF was the point of revealing that Jon Snow was the true king? IT SERVED ABSOLUTELY NO PURPOSE WHATSOEVER. Think about it: that little nugget could have gone undone and the show, in its final bits, wouldn't have changed at all.

It wasn't a single factor in the Panel naming Bran Stark the King. Not one iota. He still could have killed Dany and gone off into the Night Watch (or whatever the fukc that is now--THOUGHT THAT WAS DONE!!! Why do we need a wall if all the walkers are gone!?!?).

And can we get back to how fukcing stupid it was to name Bran the king? Dude sits in a wheelchair for 8 season spouting God knows what, having acid flashbacks, blah blah blah, and they decide on that????

Yea I'm not sure if sending him to the wall was a wink wink knowing he'd slip out the back door or what. I'm happy with him being "at home" in the north but still.

I didn't realize there were thousands of Unsullied left .. Wtf. Did we see anything else of the Dorthraki?

I maintain that I would have been find with almost any plot points if they told the story correctly leading up. I'm fien with Bran if they didn't essentially render him useless most of the damn series. All they ended up doing is make him look like an asshole by knowing he was gonna become king while he let everyone around him die.

So the Unsullied and the Dothraki, all of whom magically respawned by the thousands following EP3, came all of this way and fought countless battles on behalf of Dany, and they all suddenly become understanding politicians when she's brutally killed by a guy they just recently met - and they all go home?

They get there, they won, Dany has the Iron Throne for about 2 seconds and then she's killed. And they all sail off? lol. God, so terrible.

THEY WERE THE ONLY REAL FIGHTING FORCE LEFT IN WESTEROS!! They could have easily just taken Westeros for themselves and finished what Dany started.

I think it was an attempt to make Jon like Aemon Targaryen. Someone who could have had the throne, but chose not to take it.

It wasn’t done well. But I’m glad he went back north. I thought he would have done that by himself, but the fake Night’s Watch worked I guess.

Yea I'm not sure if sending him to the wall was a wink wink knowing he'd slip out the back door or what. I'm happy with him being "at home" in the north but still.

I didn't realize there were thousands of Unsullied left .. Wtf. Did we see anything else of the Dorthraki?

I maintain that I would have been find with almost any plot points if they told the story correctly leading up. I'm fien with Bran if they didn't essentially render him useless most of the damn series. All they ended up doing is make him look like an asshole by knowing he was gonna become king while he let everyone around him die.

I wrote a post in the Dungeon about this but basically, "Bran" becoming King as they showed it is so stupid. Bran is gone. He is now the 3EC and he is nothing more than a living downloaded consciousness from thousands of years and he's basically a servant to the Children of the Forest. He should have no interest in ruling unless it's for entirely nefarious reasons and the 3EC is doing the bidding of the Children of the Forest to finally finish off men in Westeros, but that's not at all how things were given to us by HBO. They really want us to believe that he's back to being Bran and going to rule as some werido warging Stark now.

So lazy.

I can't wait for Dora the Explorer featuring Arya spinoff. Zzzzzzzzzz that was awful.

As dumb as I thought that was as well, I did see a meme out there and I guess Arya said the same thing earlier in the series about going west. I don't have Bran-like memory so I don't remember it but at least, if true, it was consistent with the past episodes.

As dumb as I thought that was as well, I did see a meme out there and I guess Arya said the same thing earlier in the series about going west. I don't have Bran-like memory so I don't remember it but at least, if true, it was consistent with the past episodes.

Yes, while she was in Bravos, she questioned what was west of Westeros.

what a complete let down. glad its over so i dont have to force myself to watch anymore of the crap season.

When Jon stabbed Dany I chuckled. It was the most obvious, telegraphed "plot twist" and yet they were selling it hard like no one saw that coming. And Dany was still in her totally delusional, murderous, and psychopathic state of mind that the show carefully developed over the course of 1 episode.

"Please Jon, I'll try again, give me the nephew D!"

When Jon stabbed Dany I chuckled. It was the most obvious, telegraphed "plot twist" and yet they were selling it hard like no one saw that coming. And Dany was still in her totally delusional, murderous, and psychopathic state of mind that the show carefully developed over the course of 1 episode.

"Please Jon, I'll try again, give me the nephew D!"

Yep. For a second there I thought maybe just maybe, she stabbed him. That would have been interesting.

Yep. For a second there I thought maybe just maybe, she stabbed him. That would have been interesting.

Could have made a better ending. She kills Jon, killed Tyrion, takes her army and Drogon for a tour of Westeros, burning down the castles of the lords and we end with her ingulfing Sansa after she refuses to kneel, with all of the northern people going beyond the wall to regroup to fight another day.

And you could even throw in another encounter with a Walker instead of just absolutely ignoring they ever existed as they did last night.

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
Yes, Westros is completely f*cked now. King's Landing is literally overrun by thousands of illegal Unsullied and Dorthraki. What a sh*thole it's become!
Why do we need a wall if all the walkers are gone!?!?).
If you noticed at the end of the show, Jon and Company road north beyond The Wall to live. I'm guessing in the Fox News sequel Jon will campaign to rebuild the damn thing to keep those Unsullied and Dorthraki from crossing the border!

:cool2:

Somewhere Disney has their lawyers all piling through their contracts with D&D to assess if "inexplicably tanking Game of Thrones" is covered under the Force Majeure clause for termination.

Somewhere Disney has their lawyers all piling through their contracts with D&D to assess if "inexplicably tanking Game of Thrones" is covered under the Force Majeure clause for termination.
when i heard that the got guys were getting their own star wars trilogy, i was extremely excited. after seeing the show start to slip in season 6 and then the crap fest that was season 7 and 8, i am extremely doubtful they can pull this off. i am now worried they too will screw it up.

this really sucks because the rumor was of an old republic trilogy. now i dread the results.

Reactions: crambone
when i heard that the got guys were getting their own star wars trilogy, i was extremely excited. after seeing the show start to slip in season 6 and then the crap fest that was season 7 and 8, i am extremely doubtful they can pull this off. i am now worried they too will screw it up.
I think this situation says more about human nature than it does about D&D. In order to write and produce the most popular TV show in the World, you've got to be very good at what you do. D&D showed that when they are emotionally invested in a project, they have the writing chops it takes to do a great job with a fantasy series.

The thing is with GOT, they started getting tired of the project. Can any of you relate to that with your job? Then, to make matters worse, they get offered a Dream Job: their own Star Wars series!!! But dammit, here's the rub: They first had to finish their current project which still had a long ways to go to completion.

As a result, a TV series that required -- at the very least -- 9 full seasons to do justice, they attempted to rush through in only 6 plus 6 episodes of a 7th.

Is it a shame that HBO and GOT fans got the short-shrift in wrapping up the series? Absolutely! But is it understandable? Unfortunately, yeah.

HBO has confirmed there will be no sequels with any characters from GOT. I'm actually quite happy about that just given the fact that I think everyone is now "done" with those characters given the way D&D butchered their end stories.

The next thing HBO should do is come out and admit to the fans that they allowed GOT to be rushed and ended horribly and beg people to give them a re-do with the prequel series.

Apparently a prequel show has already started shooting the pilot in N Ireland, called "Bloodmoon" which will be based thousands of years in the past around the time when the Children of the Forest, the First Men, and the White Walkers were all battling for Westeros.

If they knew they were doing this show, I really question why they gave the Walkers and the NK such a horribly shitty and boring ending in GOT. It's going to be anticlimactic watching a show on the Night King's origins knowing how shitty his death was.

Although the show NK is a bastardized version of the book NK which is totally different.

Apparently a prequel show has already started shooting the pilot in N Ireland, called "Bloodmoon" which will be based thousands of years in the past around the time when the Children of the Forest, the First Men, and the White Walkers were all battling for Westeros.

If they knew they were doing this show, I really question why they gave the Walkers and the NK such a horribly shitty and boring ending in GOT. It's going to be anticlimactic watching a show on the Night King's origins knowing how shitty his death was.

Although the show NK is a bastardized version of the book NK which is totally different.
why is it filming in northern ireland? i thought people were boycotting georgia over abortion?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT