ADVERTISEMENT

I need a Spring Game primer

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022
How can I listen to the game?

Who should I expect on the starting lineups for offense and defense?

QB Castellanos/McClain
RB Harvey/Richardson/Bowman/McDonald
C Schmidt/Kitler
LG Collins or Marshall/Harris
LT Rubelt/Marshall
RG Pauole/Kinnie
RT Kight/Collins
TE Holler/Pittman/Holler
WR Baker/Magwood
WR Townsend/Whittemore
WR Hudson/Griffin

DE Celiscar/Lawrence/Johnson
DT Barber/Walker/Hester
NG Hunter/Alexander/Chute
Buck Morris-Brash/McDaniel/Call
LB Johnson/Yates
LB Moore/Jennings
NB Martinez/Marshall
CB Thornton/J Henderson
CB Davis/Adams
SS Mask/Morris/D Henderson/Francis
FS Wilson/Ware/Wells

What positions do you guys think UCF will seek in the portal?

UCF needs a starting linebacker and possibly a rotational linebacker for sure.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I don’t know who Thompson is you listed at corner? Do you mean C. Thornton?

K. Thompson is a redshirt freshmen, but he’s a defensive lineman from Lakeland.

Yes. It was late when I posted that.

BTW, I haven't heard much about Keahnist Thompson, who like Quan Lee, came in with a lot of hype but seemed to peter out.

Well damn it…..that’s already one secret formation you guys blew….no wonder they won’t televise it, guys can’t keep their traps shut!!!

• Haha
Reactions: PhDee
Marc Daniels talked about the spring game a little this morning on his radio show with Bianchi. Mostly just mocking how fans are upset it is not on tv or streamed online. They mentioned recruits will be there and how spring games have turned into more as a marketing opportunity rather than an actual practice. Mentioned the 4 different uniforms and helmets. Bla Bla Bla.

I'm glad I'm not going. I've been to past spring games and they can be pretty boring. I would be interested to watch online though, so I guess I'll just complain that there is no coverage.

He didn't say anything about radio broadcast. Plumlee playing the baseball game then scooting over after that game to participate in the spring game. Gus said just one half of 'real' football, then 2nd half fan friendly stuff. Whatever that means.

Have fun if anyone goes. Report back. I"m sure the UCF video marketing squad will get some good highlights.

Transfer portal opens up Saturday I think. That will give us something to talk about.

Last edited:
Marc Daniels talked about the spring game a little this morning on his radio show with Bianchi. Mostly just mocking how fans are upset it is not on tv or streamed online. They mentioned recruits will be there and how spring games have turned into more as a marketing opportunity rather than an actual practice. Mentioned the 4 different uniforms and helmets. Bla Bla Bla.

I'm glad I'm not going. I've been to past spring games and they can be pretty boring. I would be interested to watch online though, so I guess I'll just complain that their is no coverage.

He didn't say anything about radio broadcast. Plumlee playing the baseball game then scooting over after that game to participate in the spring game. Gus said just one half of 'real' football, then 2nd half fan friendly stuff. Whatever that means.

Have fun if anyone goes. Report back. I"m sure the UCF video marketing squad will get some good highlights.

Transfer portal opens up Saturday I think. That will give us something to talk about.
Marc Daniels comes off so arrogant when he comes at fans like this. It is 2023 and fans especting a streaming option is not even close to unreasonable

he and a few others really live in a UCF Confirmation Bias Bubble

Last edited:
Reactions: PositYourself
Marc Daniels comes off so arrogant when he comes at fans like this. It is 2023 and fans especting a streaming option is not even close to unreasonable

They think having different uniforms and Twitter Handles is the greatest. Except no one will see it. Why promote yourself, to yourself?

The expectation is everyone wants to take Friday off, or drive in rush hour to watch practice. That's an easy sell for people with families.

• Haha
Reactions: Poolside Knight
I haven’t seen any links to a radio broadcast and I don’t believe there is a video feed either.

Looks like it is in-person or bust.

What? No Radio?

cuba gooding jr acs GIF

Season 1 What GIF

Last edited:
Trouble in title town...

"Napier said he still expects to add a quarterback before the season; the transfer portal opens Saturday."

Defense starts with free 21 points. 3 points for defense for every turnover

TC touchdown to Dionte Marks. A fan kicks the extra point and misses 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: tjb74
So far, I am glad the game is 'Naut televised.

The run game is solid; pass protection has been suspect. I am whelmed by the quarterback play.

I understand that this scrimmage is a conglomeration of first and second team offensive players and first and second teamers on defense, but I am concerned about the starting receivers not getting separation against the corners.

I am pleased with the pressure created by the defense.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT