ADVERTISEMENT

JRP Injury

So the No. 1 passing offense in the nation and the No. 1 rushing offense in the nation had a field day against them. Maybe you need to realize Washington and UCF are just a cut above other lessor programs (such as miami).

BTW, Arkansas wasn't too proud of its performance against "possibly the worst team in FBS."
Washington is the #1 passing offense due to the game they had against Boise. UCF and Malzon ran up the score and the yards against Kent State.

You are not the brightest bulb in the Christmas tree are you now? I see UCF winning five games total this year. Five.

• Dislike
Reactions: jared151
His offense doesn’t get anybody drafted. Dude is done.

His offense doesn’t get anybody drafted. Dude is done.
I remember a LT being taken pretty high in the first round by I think St Louis. That would be somebody, which defeats your argument of anybody. I think Cam Newton went high, but I could be wrong. I have yet to see where he has called bad plays. There are times where things didn't work out. I look at the Navy game last year, twice in the red zone he had a great play called, but either the DE didn't bite, or the receiver didn't catch it. Both were good calls, just didn't work out for us.

The boise game. I'm pretty sure he didn't call for the receiver to almost catch the ball then lateral to a defender in the end zone. Sometimes the ball just bounces funny. Honestly, I think we were probably 20 points better than Boise. It was just a weird game. I've called plays before, not at the collegiate level, but play calling is hard, and that is why they aren't that many that are considered great at it. Do I question some of his play calling inside the red zone, yes. But 20-20, dude can call some offense. His redzone O, when it works it works, when it doesn't, Navy 2022 happens. Something else to remember, when he is on, he beats an Elite Alabama squad about 40% of the time. Not many can claim that.

Sorry for the double quote.

I remember a LT being taken pretty high in the first round by I think St Louis. That would be somebody, which defeats your argument of anybody. I think Cam Newton went high, but I could be wrong. I have yet to see where he has called bad plays. There are times where things didn't work out. I look at the Navy game last year, twice in the red zone he had a great play called, but either the DE didn't bite, or the receiver didn't catch it. Both were good calls, just didn't work out for us.

The boise game. I'm pretty sure he didn't call for the receiver to almost catch the ball then lateral to a defender in the end zone. Sometimes the ball just bounces funny. Honestly, I think we were probably 20 points better than Boise. It was just a weird game. I've called plays before, not at the collegiate level, but play calling is hard, and that is why they aren't that many that are considered great at it. Do I question some of his play calling inside the red zone, yes. But 20-20, dude can call some offense. His redzone O, when it works it works, when it doesn't, Navy 2022 happens. Something else to remember, when he is on, he beats an Elite Alabama squad about 40% of the time. Not many can claim that.

Sorry for the double quote.
Bro…how long ago was that? Malhazan has got zero people drafted at UCF…none. The one guy that got drafted in 2022 never played for the man.

UCF looking like it will have zero guys drafted again in the next draft. The UCF roster is devoid of NFL talent.

Bro…how long ago was that? Malhazan has got zero people drafted at UCF…none. The one guy that got drafted in 2022 never played for the man.

UCF looking like it will have zero guys drafted again in the next draft. The UCF roster is devoid of NFL talent.
I bet your parents wish they were devoid of you sleeping on their couch.

• Haha
Reactions: CBlackwellRN
I think Mikenzie Milton spoiled us. Was he the passer that Dillon Gabriel is, no. Was he the runner that JRP is, no. But was he the best of both worlds, yes. I would say that DG was at best a below average runner. JRP at best is an average passer. Although I thought he looked like an above average passer against Boise. MM made it happen. I think Timmy could be that guy. I wouldn't be shocked if we play it very vanilla against Villanova and beat them 42-7. Then show off what he can do against KSU. I think that kid is a tough kid who went through a lot at USF as a starting freshman QB. With not much talent around him. He has had 2 years since then to mature, and now he has the opportunity to be surrounded by talent. I think we will know who should be QB 1 by the end of the KSU game.

I see a lot of the traits of a young MM in Timmy. Athletic enough as a runner. So far, good enough as a passer. Lets not put the cart before the horse, but if he we beat Villanova and KSU, and then Baylor at home, how do you replace him as the starter without losing part of the team? Especially if JRP is out through the Kansas game and we somehow manage to win that game.

Mine just takes a bit longer to load. Doesn’t reload when typing. Sometimes have to hit links twice.

Timmy certainly has a more live arm, we will have to see how accurate.
1000% Timmy has a better arm than anyone in the last 6 years outside of maybe DG. Like you say, can he play the position with accuracy? We'll see. I think the Cow fans are sour about this one because they know he has the skillset that probably reminded them a bit of Flowers. Just a bit more of a passer than a scrambler.

On radio with Bianchi & Daniels this morning, Malzahn said at one point that JRP would be out for an "extended" period of time, but would be back this season. Later in the interview he said a "short" time, or something to that effect.

1000% Timmy has a better arm than anyone in the last 6 years outside of maybe DG. Like you say, can he play the position with accuracy? We'll see. I think the Cow fans are sour about this one because they know he has the skillset that probably reminded them a bit of Flowers. Just a bit more of a passer than a scrambler.

I watched Timmy McClain's highlights from the 2021 War on I-4 game. He seems to struggle with pressure directly in his face. I plan to watch a full game to see if I have the same impressions.

Coach was on the opposite 28 yard line? Better viewing angle, but you'd think he'd want to be with the players as they took the field.

This made me chuckle. I knew a high school coach whose team sucked to high heavens. He would wear plain clothes (no team clothes) to games and stand just as damn far away from his team as the coaching box would allow. It was like he wanted no one to know he had any affiliation with them.

Might not have been an UCF fan at the time, but we had a WR with an ACL injury continue to play after the injury, so I wouldn't judge on what you said. Pain v epinephrine.
that says nothing
Actually that it’s good that he’s saying nothing. I wish he would stay in hibernation.
I watched Timmy McClain's highlights from the 2021 War on I-4 game. He seems to struggle with pressure directly in his face. I plan to watch a full game to see if I have the same impressions.

we are waiting anxiously for your assessment!

I can tell you one thing after watching 2021 TMC highlights, his throwing motion is much better. He used to have that short arm motion where he "cups" the ball like you see with alot of HS QBs. He didn't do that vs Kent State.

Reactions: U C to the F
Lol and another Gus trick play driver killer. Unbelievable.

Darin Hinshaw is calling all the plays.

Gus's red zone play sheet options for Week 3.

(Same as last week)

1. Double reverse pass into triple coverage to Alec Holler

2. JRP drop back, look lost, no-slide scramble, smothered, covered, and chunked
aka "Waffle House" Gus's favorite

3. Throw an interception

Gus Notation for Week 3: Please don't use option. 3 more than once.

Last edited:
Unless JRP can tackle or cover slants (no idea why we allow a 100% completion rate on those) he couldn’t change the outcome of KSt or Ok.

• Love
Reactions: Knight59 and Yaes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT