ADVERTISEMENT

Kavanaugh Vote Now in Jeopardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to look this up as you and some of my left-er friends keep throwing out this "rushing" comment.

Barack Obama (76.5 avg)
- Elena Kagan 87
- Sonia Sotomayor 66

Oops, you accidently forgot to include this Obama one:
- Merritt Garland 293

Kavanaugh claims he was a virgin through High school and College. No one has claimed he had sex with them, just that he tried to. He's a very bad rapist.

Kavanaugh claims he was a virgin through High school and College. No one has claimed he had sex with them, just that he tried to. He's a very bad rapist.
There you go declaring unproven things as facts again. Good little Democrat you are.

Ok, so add that in. It’s still an outlier and 60-70 days isn’t abnormal.

Good- they should be sick of this disgusting Democratic smear campaign. It’s pathetic and un-American
I actually think this is hurting their midterm chances. Anyone with a brain cell can see these women are full of it and it’s purly political.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/business/brett-kavanaugh-yearbook-renate.html

This is how pathetic we've become. I'm glad at least one female classmate 'put it into perspective'...

QUOTE: '“These guys weren’t any different than other boys high schools across the country,” said Suzanne Matan, a friend of Judge Kavanaugh’s from their high school days. “And I chose to hang out with those boys and many other girls did, too, because they were fun, and they were safe, and they were respectful.”'

Teenagers in the '70s and '80s, and not just boys, but girls just as much, should never be put under this level of scrutiny. We are absolutely pathetic.

I mean -- as a man who never drank, went to parties to ensure people got home safely -- 'I saw it all.' I knew not only lots of guys who did far worse, but plenty of young ladies as well.

And yeah, sometimes there was banter about dating a gal other guys also did. The irony of this is that it was often about how nice she was, and not stuck up, willing to date all us of losers. Seriously! Despite what everyone else wants to read into things, that was really it.

This is literally how pathetic we've become as a society, and how much the US media has made something very serious... into a total joke. High school is both fun and cruel for everyone in various ways, and not just for one sex either, but both.

Especially back in the '70s and '80s. They way you got through it was via relationships. I don't think it's changed much, other than the way most talked back then, you'd be labeled a 'predator' today... many young ladies included. Over 80% are guilty of this, especially at a rich snob prep school where kids have too much time on their hands.

But beyond that, I certainly had my athletic (at the time) butt dissected enough, and complaints about my 'goodie two shoes' approach to relationships insulted too, when I was dumped, and quite often. I was also a nerd, business and computer club, which further caused issues.

Heck, one math teacher of mine had 2 of my ex-girlfriends in one class of hers, and that made for freak'n gossip that ran amuck (the teacher was even part of the problem!). It was just part of the experience, and it sucked at times, especially since I really didn't care to 'play the game.'

I mean, everyone remembers me at my high school reunions (of a class of nearly 500), because I was a geek/nerd, a fool, outgoing but far from 'mainstream popular.' I had only a small number of close friends, felt alone at times, uncertain, and hurt by many young ladies, quite often (I got dumped a lot for how I acted). I'm sure I hurt a few of them as well in both my innocence, ignorance and insensitivity at times.

So I'm sorry, but anyone who believes this 'evidence' is remotely 'relevant' is paying pure lip service. Let's get back to the actual accusations, and not this non-sense. This is a joke, and a total sidetrack from the serious allegations.

This really is an example of how and why the US media is a joke now. We're all screwed if it comes down to this. We took serious allegations and turned them into common, high school laundry.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFWayne
The funny thing is that the next in line behind Kavanaugh is Amy Coney Barrett. I might actually enjoy watching that confirmation process. Wonder what Hot Take Hirono would say about her.

Reactions: UCFBS
Senator Chris Coons has now come out and said on MSNBC that Kavanaugh has to prove his innocence since he is the one seeking confirmation.

This is not the way it is supposed to work and this Senator should know this. In order to prove his innocence, Kavanaugh would have to account for every single moment of his time throughout his teen years. That is an impossible task, which is why it is never the burden.

Instead, the burden lies on the accuser to prove that something occurred at a specific time in a specific place with the specific people. Most of the time in criminal, the victim files a report with the state and the state becomes the accuser. The state has more resources and more latitude than a regular civilian and investigates to build the accusation to meet the burden of proof. This is the way things work and they work well.

Of course, this never went through the courts and is being tried in the court of public opinion.

Senator Chris Coons has now come out and said on MSNBC that Kavanaugh has to prove his innocence since he is the one seeking confirmation.

Wouldn't a momentary pause in the process to conduct a follow-up FBI background check help Kavanaugh 'prove' his innocence?

If, as all the Republican Senators have been saying, there's absolutely nothing to the allegations of these women, wouldn't having the FBI confirm it be the way to go?

You can't whine about "the name of a good man" being "smeared" in the court of public opinion but in the very next breath say that another FBI check which could go a long way towards clearing his name is "unwarranted." Explain how that works?

Wouldn't a momentary pause in the process to conduct a follow-up FBI background check help Kavanaugh 'prove' his innocence?

If, as all the Republican Senators have been saying, there's absolutely nothing to the allegations of these women, wouldn't having the FBI confirm it be the way to go?

You can't whine about "the name of a good man" being "smeared" in the court of public opinion but in the very next breath say that another FBI check which could go a long way towards clearing his name is "unwarranted." Explain how that works?

Well, for one its a bad precedent to set. Should we expect the FBI to investigate every accusation regardless of whether it is in their jurisdiction and in spite of the lack of any evidence? The FBI is supposed to investigate criminal activity on a federal level, not a he-said she-said sexual encounter that happened between teenagers 40 years ago.

The precedent was set back in 1991 when the FBI was asked to investigate the Anita Hill allegations against Clarence Thomas. It took them all of three days.

And that was a federal issue because they were both working for the federal govt.

And that was a federal issue because they were both working for the federal govt.

All it takes is for the President or the Judiciary Committee to request one.

This is not a trial, it's a job application. If the Senate confirms him to a lifetime appointment to the SCOTUS and THEN more crap surfaces, who's going to defend the fact that the FBI wasn't brought in to investigate before final action was taken?

All it takes is for the President or the Judiciary Committee to request one.

This is not a trial, it's a job application. If the Senate confirms him to a lifetime appointment to the SCOTUS and THEN more crap surfaces, who's going to defend the fact that the FBI wasn't brought in to investigate before final action was taken?

How often does a job application include a FBI investigation?

How often does a job application include a FBI investigation?

You act like an FBI background check on Kavanaugh wasn't already done. We're simply talking about a follow-up one based on recent allegations that have surfaced.

You act like an FBI background check on Kavanaugh wasn't already done. We're simply talking about a follow-up one based on recent allegations that have surfaced.

Huh. So the FBI already looked into his past and found nothing worth investigating. Interesting

This same thing has been asked a handful of times in this thread. FBI background checks are not investigations. They may do interviews but that’s about it. They file what they find and an analyst will flag things of concern. If the interviews happen to turn up criminal activity, they may refer that to the appropriate authorities. But really, all they’ll do is interview the involved.

All but the accusers have offered statements through their attorneys. They would not be interviewed further in a background check. Ford and Kavanaugh are going under oath Thursday so they’ll just file those transcripts. We’ll see what Ramirez does. That’s pretty much it.

Now, can you please stop asking the same question over and over again?

Any new accusations today that need "FBI investigations"?

How about something from 40 years ago brought up by a woman who couldn't remember anything until she visited a Guru paid by Senate Democrats and magically remember that Kav wipped his D out?

The smear campaign being run by Democrats will go down in history as one of the most vile and disgusting. Shame.

Reactions: Crazyhole
The funny thing here is neither the Republicans nor the Democrats want an FBI investigation. The Republicans know it's a waste of time and the Democrats know the accusations are stronger with open questions. Yet the morons on here and on the internet everywhere all are crying for an investigation, because they think that is what the Democrats want. So, so, so dumb. Lefties can't think for themselves. Just follow like little sheep.

If Feinstein REALLY wanted a full investigation, she would have brought this up when she got it ... not a week before the vote. She would have questioned Kavanaugh when she had the chance. Even she knows an investigation is going nowhere, which is why she tanked it. This is cut and dry politics.

I like debate ... and I come in here for fun ... but the people defending this sham have lost my respect. Either A) they are just arguing for the sake of arguing (I'm hoping) or B) they have no common sense whatsoever.

assuming the accusations are legitimate and not for political reasons, why would the accusers go to politicians first and not law enforcement?

assuming the accusations are legitimate and not for political reasons, why would the accusers go to politicians first and not law enforcement?

Because these allegations are purely political by nature.

The Senate D's literally sent out the search notice to find another woman and this woman volunteered, even after initially admitting she had nothing on Kavanaugh but then "remembering" vivid details 6 days later - and after being coached by a DNC provided lawyer.

We are watching Democrats literally attempt to destroy a man's life and career for the sake of postponing the inevitable. It's disgusting.

The timing completely political, purposeful, and in many cases of private industry, would be against the law and/or violation of corporate policies.

And 2 accusers have heavy political and even personal biases, especially the first one, given the accuser's spouse's defeat in the court of the accused's spouse (who was the judge). But the sheer political activities and other things would be enough to throw this 35+ year old accusation out if it wasn't #metoo.

But what finally 'got me' was the 'high school laundry' crap. Virtually 80% of men and women are guilty of that. It's a joke.

Out: Men should not question Ford's accusations

In: It's sexist for Men to not question Ford's accusations

Grassley is going to have a female former prosecutor from AZ lead the questioning and the NYT/lefties are now declaring that it's "sexist" to have a woman lead the questioning. Mere days after insisting that men have no business questioning Ford or her allegations.

Even the NY Post ....

LOL. The Post's "eight big problems" is nothing but lame partisan bullsh*t.

1) Omigod, she can't recall the details of the day!!! Seriously? Think of a traumatic event in your life--then tell me what you had for lunch that day.

2) She will have corroborating witnesses that she shared this incident with friends in 2012 and 2013.

3) Can you remember all the parties you attended in high school? The only ones who SHOULD remember are Ford, Kavanaugh and this Judge guy who stopped the assault.

4) Her immediate family? That shouldn't be a surprise given their social circles. Like Kavanaugh, Ford grew up in a upper-class privileged family with (no doubt) conservative political leanings. Also, she hid the incident from her parents for fear of 'getting into trouble' at the time.

5) Again, who remembers the details of a day when a traumatic event occurred? Tell me, what did you had for dinner the evening of 9/11?

6) Gasp, Ford is a DEMOCRAT. Well, obviously, that means she's not to be believed. Give me a break!

7) The notes from her therapist do not mention Kavanaugh by name but according to today's USA Today, she will have witnesses who will corroborate that she was finally sharing her story back in 2012 and 2013.

8) It's a 'troubling inconsistency' that Ford mentions Kavanaugh as a potential Supreme Court pick when Trump was elected when Kavanaugh WASN'T MENTIONED until a year later? Really? For many years Kavanaugh has been a Republican appointee judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for crying out loud.

See how easy it is to discount BS?

LOL. The Post's "eight big problems" is nothing but lame partisan bullsh*t.

1) Omigod, she can't recall the details of the day!!! Seriously? Think of a traumatic event in your life--then tell me what you had for lunch that day.

2) She will have corroborating witnesses that she shared this incident with friends in 2012 and 2013.

3) Can you remember all the parties you attended in high school? The only ones who SHOULD remember are Ford, Kavanaugh and this Judge guy who stopped the assault.

4) Her immediate family? That shouldn't be a surprise given their social circles. Like Kavanaugh, Ford grew up in a upper-class privileged family with (no doubt) conservative political leanings. Also, she hid the incident from her parents for fear of 'getting into trouble' at the time.

5) Again, who remembers the details of a day when a traumatic event occurred? Tell me, what did you had for dinner the evening of 9/11?

6) Gasp, Ford is a DEMOCRAT. Well, obviously, that means she's not to be believed. Give me a break!

7) The notes from her therapist do not mention Kavanaugh by name but according to today's USA Today, she will have witnesses who will corroborate that she was finally sharing her story back in 2012 and 2013.

8) It's a 'troubling inconsistency' that Ford mentions Kavanaugh as a potential Supreme Court pick when Trump was elected when Kavanaugh WASN'T MENTIONED until a year later? Really? For many years Kavanaugh has been a Republican appointee judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for crying out loud.

See how easy it is to discount BS?

Wow- she found "corroborating" witnesses? Awesome! Were these people totally absent previously given that this is the first we're hearing of this?

Why is it that not a single person can "corroborate" this alleged assault within 30 years of the actual alleged assault date? Every single person from the HS or the "party" has stated categorically that they deny this happened, or heard nothing of any assault.

She doesn't remember the day? Fine. What about the house? What about location? It seems to me like a lot gets "remembered" when it comes to slinging around an accusation, but little is getting "remembered" when it comes to corroborating any of this.

Why is it that her described "closest friend" said that she has no idea about any assault ever taking place, yet these new random people are going to suddenly come forward claiming that they know all about it? She mentioned nothing about this to her "closest friend" for 37 years, yet she dished the entire story to some random couple she was chatting with while watching their kids together?

Do you see how absurd this all sounds?

Do you see how absurd this all sounds?

Do you have a Ph.D. in clinical psychology?

I love how the Joe Sixpacks of the World can so easily explain away the trauma of a high school assault that a young teenage girl has experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT