ADVERTISEMENT

Kavanaugh Vote Now in Jeopardy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who gives a sh*t about the timing??!!?!? What's with the rush to a vote for crying out loud???

A creditable accusation about a nominee to the Supreme Court has surfaced. At the very least, the Senate should take enough time to see if there is anything to the accusation. God forbid, we see a "Cosby rerun" with a 81-year old Kavanaugh facing new allegations because no one ever took the first ones seriously. Given their pathetic treatment of Justice Garland, you'd think the Republicans would be able to delay a vote for a few weeks to investigate this matter more fully.
They missed the window for questions. Sorry. Next time be on time.

Also, I'm sorry to say that this is not a credible accusation. It has already been discredited vehemently by the people that the accuser named as witnesses. This is an unsupported allegation by a potential victim but it is not credible at this time.

What is a few weeks going to prove? The first thing you would do is interview the accuser and she has said that she won't do an interview (well, unless they're the Washington Post, that is). So, what is the investigation going to do?

Her gaps in memory are super convenient for this story as they allow her to claim whatever she wants and don't give Kavanaugh the ability to refute the claims. If she named a place, then he could prove he was elsewhere. If she named a day or a time, he could account for this whereabouts. But being ambiguous doesn't allow for him to do that. This is what is so egregious about bringing this forward and you people who are complicit in ruining someone's life with literally zero evidence.

Reactions: UCFWayne
With all due respect, Crazy, instead of a regurgitation of the Republican judiciary committee's latest talking points, I'd prefer to hear what the FBI has to say after investigating the matter.

Which they likely won't do. This isnt an FBI matter.

With all due respect, Crazy, instead of a regurgitation of the Republican judiciary committee's latest talking points, I'd prefer to hear what the FBI has to say after investigating the matter.
You can prefer all you want, but the FBI has no jurisdiction and is not going to investigate this unless Trump explicitly requests it. Which I highly doubt that he will do.

If they wanted this investigated, then they would file a report with the police department in the place where it occurred. Which, even if she remembered that place, would expose her to the legal responsibility to not file a false report. I'd be happy with her putting some skin in the game and filing that report to show that this is more than an unethical Democrat smear tactic.

They missed the window for questions. Sorry. Next time be on time.

Also, I'm sorry to say that this is not a credible accusation. It has already been discredited vehemently by the people that the accuser named as witnesses. This is an unsupported allegation by a potential victim but it is not credible at this time.

What is a few weeks going to prove? The first thing you would do is interview the accuser and she has said that she won't do an interview (well, unless they're the Washington Post, that is). So, what is the investigation going to do?

Her gaps in memory are super convenient for this story as they allow her to claim whatever she wants and don't give Kavanaugh the ability to refute the claims. If she named a place, then he could prove he was elsewhere. If she named a day or a time, he could account for this whereabouts. But being ambiguous doesn't allow for him to do that. This is what is so egregious about bringing this forward and you people who are complicit in ruining someone's life with literally zero evidence.

Interesting that she knows exactly who the perp was even though they didnt live in the same town, but cant remember where it happened or when it happened even within a 6 month timeframe.

Not my job. But it is someone's job. Who's job is it to investigate crimes?

Typically that's the police and typically done after the allegation is made; not 37 years later.

Your troll game is pathetically bad today.

Typically that's the police and typically done after the allegation is made; not 37 years later.

Your troll game is pathetically bad today.
That's exactly what she's asking for. She doesn't want the Senate to investigate this by publicly attacking her. She wants the FBI to investigate

That's exactly what she's asking for. She doesn't want the Senate to investigate this by publicly attacking her. She wants the FBI to investigate

That's a cute request since she knows as a fact that it's not in the FBI jurisdiction. It's like me demanding the FBI to investigate you wasting my time on this board so often, and then saying "See, I'm super serious! I'm asking the FBI to do something!"

I was glad to give to this fund when it was under 500k. Now that it's at 1.4M I may give again. Throw some free speech around if you have any to spare.

https://www.crowdpac.com/campaigns/...o-on-kavanaugh-or-we-fund-her-future-opponent

Wow- amazing how many people disgustingly violate campaign finance law by trying to bribe a sitting US Senator.

Why don't you monsters care about poor people? Or vets? Do you think the poor or our vets could use that $1.4M? Is it best served as a illegal political vibe.

Liberals hate the poor.

Funny, that's what Roy Moore, Al Franken, John Conyers, Garrison Keillor, Matt Lauer, Charlie Rose, Roy Price, Knight Landesman, Mark Halperin, Harvey Weinstein, Jeffrey Tambor, Kevin Spacey, Steven Seagal, John Lasseter, Dustin Hoffman, Richard Dreyfuss, and Mario Batali all said when accused of sexual misconduct.

Who knows? Unlike those other victims, maybe this one is totally making stuff up....um, for the last six years.
Yeah, I'm sure he didn't do it from the "what happens here stays here" prep school comment along with the year book printed comments. Nah, the Doctor of statistics who is coming forward is just lying. Do a full FBI investigation. Why not? What's the rush? The retardplicans delayed and delayed PRESIDENT Obama's choice for the SC.

Did I mention that Frump likes him and that frump has 18 women that have come forward about him being a sexual predator.

Yeah, I'm sure he didn't do it from the "what happens here stays here" prep school comment along with the year book printed comments. Nah, the Doctor of statistics who is coming forward is just lying. Do a full FBI investigation. Why not? What's the rush? The retardplicans delayed and delayed PRESIDENT Obama's choice for the SC.

Did I mention that Frump likes him and that frump has 18 women that have come forward about him being a sexual predator.

@BG_Knightmare Honestly, no kidding here- this guy needs a ban. He's repeatedly thrown around "retard" as an insult and he is not worthy of being allowed to keep posting here.

There is no place for a person who used "Retardplicans" to remain on this board under our new civil rules.

The FBI is asked ALL THE TIME to do these background checks. Let the Judicial side do the investigating not a bunch of Senators. What's that you say? Oh yeah, I agree, If he has nothing to hide then why not investigate it.......just like tax returns and collusion. LOL. Amazing SMFH

Wow- amazing how many people disgustingly violate campaign finance law by trying to bribe a sitting US Senator.

Why don't you monsters care about poor people? Or vets? Do you think the poor or our vets could use that $1.4M? Is it best served as a illegal political vibe.

Liberals hate the poor.
I'm sorry, that's my free speech you're talking about.

Liberals hate the poor.
And it's more blackmail than a bribe since it's not going to her.

Not my job. But it is someone's job. Who's job is it to investigate crimes?

Lol, and how exactly do you propose that they prove it? Something that allegedly happened at a drunk party almost 40 years ago. For all we know, the story is completely backwards and she was trying to rape him, or some other guy. In a town somewhere. During a year that I cant recall. And I cant remember how I got there.

@BG_Knightmare Honestly, no kidding here- this guy needs a ban. He's repeatedly thrown around "retard" as an insult and he is not worthy of being allowed to keep posting here.

There is no place for a person who used "Retardplicans" to remain on this board under our new civil rules.
I will refrain from using the word. My bad. Didn't know that new rules came out.

Lol, and how exactly do you propose that they prove it? Something that allegedly happened at a drunk party almost 40 years ago. For all we know, the story is completely backwards and she was trying to rape him, or some other guy. In a town somewhere. During a year that I cant recall. And I cant remember how I got there.
Well when you need to see if there is evidence to say a crime happened you typically investigate. At this point I can say two things definitely.

1. Not all of the evidence has been collected
2. Not enough evidence is public to say he did anything

We should live in a society where we want to know the character of our supreme court justices.

The FBI is asked ALL THE TIME to do these background checks. Let the Judicial side do the investigating not a bunch of Senators. What's that you say? Oh yeah, I agree, If he has nothing to hide then why not investigate it.......just like tax returns and collusion. LOL. Amazing SMFH
The background check involves interviewing people, collecting evidence, and then adding it to the background file. Then an analyst reviews it and creates an analysis of what likely occurred. This is then referred to the requestor. The requestor then makes the determination of appropriateness for the position.

The FBI stated that it added the letter to the file. Since the victim has stated no other evidence and no further memory and has details that are so ambiguous or missing that there's no way to find more evidence, what more do you expect the FBI to do?

Well when you need to see if there is evidence to say a crime happened you typically investigate. At this point I can say two things definitely.

1. Not all of the evidence has been collected
2. Not enough evidence is public to say he did anything

We should live in a society where we want to know the character of our supreme court justices.

He's the most vetted SC nominee in history. No 11th hour Democratic smear campaign is going to change that. He will be confirmed and civilized people will cheer.

@UCFKnight85 if that rubs you the wrong way then you need to refrain from calling people and their opinions "disgusting" or "pathetic". Other people have opinions and just because you disagree with them does not make their opinions invalid and "disgusting".

Also if I were to ban everyone you didn't like I would have to ban more than half the active posters in the WC then ban myself.

@UCFKnight85 if that rubs you the wrong way then you need to refrain from calling people and their opinions "disgusting" or "pathetic". Other people have opinions and just because you disagree with them does not make their opinions invalid and "disgusting".

Also if I were to ban everyone you didn't like I would have to ban more than half the active posters in the WC then ban myself.

Holy cow. Are you equating “disgusting” with someone’s usage of “retard” as a derogatory insult and slur?

I’ll just go out on a limb here and say the parents of kids with mentally challenged kids may think that’s a nonsense comparison.

But I will cease my commentary now to assure I am not found in violation of the rules and adhere to your power

Holy cow. Are you equating “disgusting” with someone’s usage of “retard” as a derogatory insult and slur?

I’ll just go out on a limb here and say the parents of kids with mentally challenged kids may think that’s a nonsense comparison.

But I will cease my commentary now to assure I am not found in violation of the rules and adhere to your power

You're going to adhere to his power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT