ADVERTISEMENT

Milton is...

Sounds like multiple offenses of some issue or issues. His Twitter suggests that he was wronged or treated unfairly. However, since we are desperate for offensive linemen, i would think it was for a good reason/reasons

Sorry bro, I've been on both boards and the Dungeon is so far ahead of this one in terms of information and accuracy it isn't funny.

+1. In fact, I would return to the dungeon, except for my fear, no TERROR of letting those clowns keep my credit card number on file. I have seen enough of the rivals sloppy coding and bugs to have serious concerns. Talk about a pile of crappy code outsourced to India. There has already been serious breaches at the parent company yahoo. One can only imagine how insecure the storage of credit card data is at rivals.

That said, I'm trying to find a way to pay without that risk. If they took paypal, I would have re-upped already.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigXIIOrBust
+1. In fact, I would return to the dungeon, except for my fear, no TERROR of letting those clowns keep my credit card number on file. I have seen enough of the rivals sloppy coding and bugs to have serious concerns. Talk about a pile of crappy code outsourced to India. There has already been serious breaches at the parent company yahoo. One can only imagine how insecure the storage of credit card data is at rivals.

That said, I'm trying to find a way to pay without that risk. If they took paypal, I would have re-upped already.
Use a prepaid card.

Just write them some better code for a membership.

Oh great. Now I even risk bankruptcy and poverty to get maybe accurate and maybe inside info. I won't be able to afford my season tickets and I'll end up living in a real dungeon

Sounds like multiple offenses of some issue or issues. His Twitter suggests that he was wronged or treated unfairly. However, since we are desperate for offensive linemen, i would think it was for a good reason/reasons

Doesn't every kid think they've been treated unfairly when they get in trouble?

Reactions: vroomba and Mikesi
Unpopular opinion here but if Dowdell did anything short of a criminal offense I'd hope the coaching staff allows him to stay. We're thin on OL as is and he's a projected starter for the next 3-4 years. Let him plead his case to his teammates, let them decide his fate. Now of course if it's some criminal offense or something else serious within UCF then they have no choice. But as a fan I hoping he gets some internal punishment.

Reactions: Miltonian
Bending rules to allow a position of need to stay would set a dangerous precedent. BUT, I agree people make mistakes and sometimes the punishment does not fit the crime.

Apparently he's off, so I think that's it for him. I trust our coaching staff's judgment on these issues. Let's not let this turn into USF or anything near that. I doubt we are talking something major here, but rules are rules

Bending rules to allow a position of need to stay would set a dangerous precedent. BUT, I agree people make mistakes and sometimes the punishment does not fit the crime.
Yeah, i knew Frost ran a tight ship and was no-nonsense, but dowdell mustve done something really dumb to get fully kicked off and not just suspended.

Worse for him since he already burned his redshirt year.
He didn't play in the spring game because of his leg injury, but was without his walking boot. Could it possibly be related to that injury (permanent damage or risk of further damage)?

We do not know at this point if the incoming true freshmen can run even 1 play. Completely unknown.

Also, we kind of have a good feeling of what Dinovo can and cannot do.
You seem to feel that no team can ever have a good or great season with a true freshman quarterback. Incorrect. Disagreed.

You seem to feel that no team can ever have a good or great season with a true freshman quarterback. Incorrect. Disagreed.
There's not that much separation between you two. You both would agree that precocious freshman QB can take a team far as long as he's playing with talented and experienced teammates and not too much is expected of him.

Reactions: Mikesi
Incorrect?? No.., that's you're opinion.
I disagree.

No team??? When did I say no team?? This UCF team, this year.

We aren't recruiting 5 stars here like Jamais Winston or a QB surrounded by 4-5 star upper classmen with a great offensive line.
Also, this is a new offensive system.

Do you think that Vedral or Mack can take THIS team with this line to the top of the AAC this year playing from day 1??. I'll have to say uh...........no

Last edited:
But those season arent a dime a dozen. They are the rarity. Most powerhouses (besides Alabama with Hurts) absolutely suck by their standards if they start a freshman. THe freshman throws lots of picks, makes typical mistakes, then progresses. 9/10 freshman qbs dont do that well, the only reason it seems like they do is because we only pay attention to the stars.

We already decided in another thread that, prior to stepping foot on campus, both Mack and Vedral suck. Vedral because Nebraska and Mack for some other reason. Milton and DiNovo also suck. We are DOOMED!!

We already decided in another thread that, prior to stepping foot on campus, both Mack and Vedral suck. Vedral because Nebraska and Mack for some other reason. Milton and DiNovo also suck. We are DOOMED!!
Half full or empty. We have 5 or 6 QBs who will all get look sees. Let's wait and see. A healthy D line and big DE recruits, a large RB to stay in and block or punish blitzing teams, classy receivers can take pressure off the QB. A 7-5 year with a bowl win should be considered progress.

Half full or empty. We have 5 or 6 QBs who will all get look sees. Let's wait and see. A healthy D line and big DE recruits, a large RB to stay in and block or punish blitzing teams, classy receivers can take pressure off the QB. A 7-5 year with a bowl win should be considered progress.
Prof I agree. If the offensive line improves play, and the defensive backfield solves the cornerback question, (safeties look very good actually), this team can go as strong as 8-4. If those questions are not resolved satisfactorily, it probably won't matter who plays QB.

But those season arent a dime a dozen. They are the rarity. Most powerhouses (besides Alabama with Hurts) absolutely suck by their standards if they start a freshman. THe freshman throws lots of picks, makes typical mistakes, then progresses. 9/10 freshman qbs dont do that well, the only reason it seems like they do is because we only pay attention to the stars.
I agree totally about the problems that can arise with a Frosh QB. I guess I am trying to be Knight optimistic here. We do have other strengths that can give us a good showing this year. Good offensive weapons, strong D line, awesome linebackers... I was the one that said we would win 6 or more wins before last year when most in this room were predicting 2 or 3 wins. I look at the changes that have been made since last season. New DBs and LBs are just as fast and are moreso oriented to be playmakers. Pass rush will be much better and we will have more pass breakups and interceptions. Offensive weapons have multiplied with playmaking ability. With all this said, the wild card remains the Oline.

Reactions: BigXIIOrBust
I agree totally about the problems that can arise with a Frosh QB. I guess I am trying to be Knight optimistic here. We do have other strengths that can give us a good showing this year. Good offensive weapons, strong D line, awesome linebackers... I was the one that said we would win 6 or more wins before last year when most in this room were predicting 2 or 3 wins. I look at the changes that have been made since last season. New DBs and LBs are just as fast and are moreso oriented to be playmakers. Pass rush will be much better and we will have more pass breakups and interceptions. Offensive weapons have multiplied with playmaking ability. With all this said, the wild card remains the Oline.
Oh no i agree fully, i think our coverage portion of the secondary will be actually better, i think our backers will be very good and honestly think we should very well get 7-8 wins. I agree on line, i do think we could use more depth, dowdells loss hurts, but if we stay healthy, our line currently with 3 new guys coming in is quite good, and still mostly juniors and sophomores (minus dickey who isnt amazing anyway)

Oh no i agree fully, i think our coverage portion of the secondary will be actually better, i think our backers will be very good and honestly think we should very well get 7-8 wins. I agree on line, i do think we could use more depth, dowdells loss hurts, but if we stay healthy, our line currently with 3 new guys coming in is quite good, and still mostly juniors and sophomores (minus dickey who isnt amazing anyway)
I'm really hoping the Dowdell matter is more a discipline/suspension thing and not a dismissal. Truly hoping. I know we never know the whole story, but he seemed to be a good kid from a positive family. In my humble opinion.

But let's not forget that we won 6 games with mainly a freshman at QB last year. And I believe our supporting cast and defense will be even better this year, freshman QB or not.
To add to that, a brand new offense that half of our players on offense looked lost in a good amount of time and we had to severely restrict the playbook.

Reactions: KnightLife1
I'm really hoping the Dowdell matter is more a discipline/suspension thing and not a dismissal. Truly hoping. I know we never know the whole story, but he seemed to be a good kid from a positive family. In my humble opinion.
He has been removed from official roster. Everyone else that's suspended is still on it.

He has been removed from official roster. Everyone else that's suspended is still on it.
He gone. Totally sucks. That's. Dowdell and Luke Hiers that we could have had playing. Those 2 with Hudanick and even the recruit who flipped to Purdue goes to show you how close we could be to greatness when things all come together.

But let's not forget that we won 6 games with mainly a freshman at QB last year. And I believe our supporting cast and defense will be even better this year, freshman QB or not.

Defense will still be a question mark as UCF will have 7 new starters out of the back 8, where mostly 5th year players graduated.

While the new starters could be talented, it's hard to replace experience.

The 3 tough game stretch in Sept (high flying Memphis, then GA Tech Option and then at Maryland) will expose how good this new UCF D is or isn't.

He gone. Totally sucks. That's. Dowdell and Luke Hiers that we could have had playing. Those 2 with Hudanick and even the recruit who flipped to Purdue goes to show you how close we could be to greatness when things all come together.
This is what GOL excelled at -- recruiting offensive linemen, especially from Georgia where his Georgia Tech connections served him well. He was rightfully accused of not mining local and Miami area talent for his first 5 years, but he stole away many prospects from Georgia (and New York).

You hit the nail on the head, without the oline or QB that can deliver the ball, our offensive weapons are just that sitting on the shelf. We're gonna see a different team this year for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT