ADVERTISEMENT

Milton update thread

Great news on his progress. I would not put the thought of playing in 2019 in his head. Let him get full use of the leg, live life as a college student, work out with the team, and appreciate the amazing gift he has been given. In 2020 if all the above goes well, allow him to compete for the starting job.

That knee looks amazing. He's got a 5th surgery scheduled for the 25th of January to stabilize the knee.

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. (Matt. 19:26)”
Definitely agree with the positivity. Just want to point out that he hasn't got to the hard part yet. Post op he will lose more function than he's lost to this point.

Reactions: muckdawg24
That knee looks amazing. He's got a 5th surgery scheduled for the 25th of January to stabilize the knee.

Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. (Matt. 19:26)”

As long as you have access to the greatest surgeons God created. Plus a positive attitude. I think Milton takes this as a challenge.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
As long as you have access to the greatest surgeons God created. Plus a positive attitude. I think Milton takes this as a challenge.
Oh definitely it's all working together. I just love seeing that knee in the picture above compared to my last image of it on the field. We all know it will be a question of how stable and strong it gets. If I was in his shoes, I would want to get back on the field by beginning of October but that's a lofty goal. When you're humping it in recovery, you need to set high goals to be motivated.

Reactions: knightraveler
Incorrect. Blood flow being compromised is a surgical emergency, but not irreversible In many cases if not the majority. Emergent means that
Nothing else

“God has a plan for him” is very non-specific and vague. Especially for people who are deeply religious. Can be used in any case

Nope not the case...Emergency surgery was required to restore obstructed blood flow and avoid any tissue and muscle damage. Very common for dislocated knee....Any further ligament and cartilage damage will be assessed and corrected in the future after swelling goes down.

People. Stop guessing!!

And what do you think happens if they don’t operate? You’re also guessing it was obstructed and not torn which is plausible. Internal bleeding is dire. No?

Nobody is being a dictator. It’s just classless

It’s our guy. Just poor taste. Don’t you agree?

Should we bash recruits who don’t pick us or flip?

That’s not cool either

Problem is people are talking about his career ending, being permanently handicapped, losing his leg, etc. Way over the top IMO

Yeah, that’s classless.

How does that relate to a coach leaving?
Apples and oranges. It all goes back to NGEbraska. Lol

Not sure I understand your point? The bottom line is that emergency surgery was required due to a blood flow issue which was the most serious and pressing issue, period.....

All right there.

All right there.
You guess stuff based on no facts and now you’re thumping your chest?? At the time, you had absolutely no factual information whatsoever
and were just randomly throwing out a bunch of crap. Nothing was released by Milton, the family or his surgeons at Tampa General

The rest of us were just pointing out exactly that.

Last edited:
BlakNGoldAllDay said:
And what do you think happens if they don’t operate? You’re also guessing it was obstructed and not torn which is plausible. Internal bleeding is dire. No?

Your post makes absolutely no sense
Vessels could be obstructed or just plain ripped in half. How does that make sense?

I told you it was dire and you said it wasn’t. You said there was no chance of him losing his leg and there was.
No, We all said that nobody had any facts and it was classless to say that he was going to lose his leg. That was way over the top at the time. No facts were released

So basically your threw out a bunch of guesses and now you’re bragging about how right you were.

You said there was no chance of him losing his leg and there was.
Oh yeah?? Where did I say that??? Where did I say it wasn’t “dire” or emergent?

Nobody ever disputed that it wasn’t a dire emergency. That’s why he had “emergency surgery”. At that time no fan knew that there was a risk of losing his leg and THAT shouldn’t have even been thrown out there without facts.
Why didn’t you just say that he could have died, so if that happened God forbid, you could brag about how right you were. Technically, I guess that was POSSIBLE.

“Problem is people are talking about his career ending, being permanently handicapped, losing his leg, etc. Way over the top IMO”

That’s saying there’s no chance of him losing his leg????

Are you the guy who was always trying to prove how right you are to people so that you can be
patted on the back?

“Good job kid! You were right all along!”

Last edited:
I heard someone booed him while he was in recovery. Ever since then the dude has never let it go. He takes extra reps with his trainers in his free time. He’s getting more time in the film room with the surgeons. The guy is non-stop. I’ve even seen him take a couple of the other knee injury victims under his wing and reviewing the playbook.

I heard someone booed him while he was in recovery. Ever since then the dude has never let it go. He takes extra reps with his trainers in his free time. He’s getting more time in the film room with the surgeons. The guy is non-stop. I’ve even seen him take a couple of the other knee injury victims under his wing and reviewing the playbook.
What does more time in the film room with his surgeons mean? He’s going into orthopedics?

Milton should play in 2019 even if it is one game to take a snap for a kneel down and get the standing ovation he deserves. If he never plays another meaningful snap again he should at least get that chance.
He never redshirted so technically he could do that 4 times this season.

As much as he’s putting into the recovery I’m starting to think not only will we see him take a snap but we’ll see him throw again in a couple years

not sure, not that I’m aware of

Even in the best case scenario /borderline miracle it would probably be a Sam Jackson situation where he might be ok by December. But at that point it would be wreckless in my opinion for coaches to play him 1 or 2 games & risk a 2020 return.
And risk getting to sit comfortably next to Herbstreit and laugh at him on National television.

There is no upside to him playing in 2019. At best he couldn't be ready till late in the season, so then you have two conclusions you have a team that is playing well and doesn't require him to play but he comes in to play meaningless snaps. Or you have a team that is not playing well, maybe a weak OL and you risk him taking unnecessary hits that could re-injure him to get to a Birmingham Bowl game.
True but if he is able and that's a big if by then AND the ol is good I think he may benefit by even just a few snaps here and there when the right time presents itself. There's just no replacing getting back in the game or back on the horse. I'm not saying take undue risk here, but if it wont cause harm then I think the payoff for him would be beneficial. I think the surgeons will have to make that determination though.

Reactions: Knight Strength
No, We all said that nobody had any facts and it was classless to say that he was going to lose his leg. That was way over the top at the time. No facts were released

So basically your threw out a bunch of guesses and now you’re bragging about how right you were.
I didn’t throw out many guesses. I said was a dire situation. There is a difference between vessels being obstructed( blocked) and severed ( ripped in half). I’m not bragging about being right. I only said dire which for some reason you disputed. Now a dire situation has been confirmed. I only commented that 2 other guys with similar injuries what they had to go through.

I didn’t throw out many guesses. I said was a dire situation. There is a difference between vessels being obstructed( blocked) and severed ( ripped in half). I’m not bragging about being right. I only said dire which for some reason you disputed. Now a dire situation has been confirmed. I only commented that 2 other guys with similar injuries what they had to go through.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Mikesi
It was more showing that somebody else was wrong. Not patting my back. Just doing a Simpsons HaHa.
I don’t think anyone is still sure what you’re so right about and somebody else is wrong about. You seem so hung up on proving people how right you are about things way down the road after they happen when you just throw out guesses without facts at the actual time. Kind of like throwing wet toilet paper at the wall and seeing what will stick or throwing a bunch of darts at the bullseye of a dartboard.

Were you the kid who was constantly given a mental beatdown by your parents and told that you were always wrong and became insecure about it later in life?

Just saying.

I don’t think anyone is still sure what you’re so right about and somebody else is wrong about. You seem so hung up on proving people how right you are about things way down the road after they happen when you just throw out guesses without facts at the actual time. Kind of like throwing wet toilet paper at the wall and seeing what will stick or throwing a bunch of darts at the bullseye of a dartboard.

Were you the kid who was constantly given a mental beatdown by your parents and told that you were always wrong and became insecure about it later in life?

Just saying.
You were wrong by saying it wasn’t dire. You said it in other threads too. You said was emergent. Nothing more in response to me saying dire. You went on to say losing his leg wasn’t an option. We’ve been down this road before when you being the loudest isn’t always right.

You were wrong by saying it wasn’t dire. You said it in other threads too. You said was emergent. Nothing more in response to me saying dire. You went on to say losing his leg wasn’t an option. We’ve been down this road before when you being the loudest isn’t always right.
You’re completely making stuff up

Show me where I said that losing his leg wasn’t an option. I said that it was over the top and guessing based on the facts available at the time. You were completely guessing and throwing out random and reckless diagnoses.
^^^^^
GUESS #1

Show me where I said that it wasn’t dire. Although it very well could have been dire. Based on the facts available at the time, all we knew was that his surgery was an emergency because blood flow was compromised. That’s it.
^^^^^
GUESS #2

The whole freaking world knew that he was having emergency surgery.

We’ve been down this road before with you throwing out factless guesses that are mostly wrong. When they are rarely correct, you make sure that you come back to the topic in a very insecure way, thump your chest and expect a pat on the back. You want everyone to give you a prize

I don’t want a prize. You are the loudest and wrong again. You’re the main reason the trolls live hear. They come here to call you out because of how obnoxious you get about everything. Just like chiming in and calling people classless for reporting other similar injuries and what happened. I never said anything as fact about Milton. Just what I read about similar situations. What other factless guesses was I wrong about?

Reactions: UCFVanWilder
I don’t want a prize. You are the loudest and wrong again. You’re the main reason the trolls live hear. They come here to call you out because of how obnoxious you get about everything. Just like chiming in and calling people classless for reporting other similar injuries and what happened. I never said anything as fact about Milton. Just what I read about similar situations. What other factless guesses was I wrong about?
I’m the main reason that trolls live here? Now your throwing around a bunch of BS to try to get under my skin, but it won’t work since you’re the insecure one. Like I care about trolls
[pfftt] You run from them.

Changing the argument in such a way is an automatic copout to show that you don’t have an argument. You totally went off subject

You’re very obnoxious as well and have admitted that people don’t like you because you always speak your mind and have no filter if you want to start getting personal. I don’t care about your opinion of me as obnoxious.
Why would I?

Nobody is calling you classless for reporting other similar injuries, only trying to play orthopedic surgeon and make assumptions and guesses based on no facts at the time. You brought all of those cases up later and you know it. I don’t feel a need to pull up past posts and quotes.

Last edited:
I’m the main reason that trolls live here? Now your throwing around a bunch of BS to try to get under my skin, but it won’t work since you’re the insecure one. Like I care about trolls
[pfftt] You run from them.

Changing the argument in such a way is an automatic copout to show that you don’t have an argument. You totally went off subject

You’re very obnoxious as well and have admitted that people don’t like you because you always speak your mind and have no filter if you want to start getting personal. I don’t care about your opinion of me as obnoxious.
Why would I?

Nobody is calling you classless for reporting other similar injuries, only trying to play doctor and make assumptions and guesses based on no facts at the time. You brought your all of those cases up later and you know it. I don’t feel a need to pull up past posts and quotes.
Why don't you too boys make up and play nice. LIfe's just toooo short!

You’re the main reason the trolls live hear. They come here to call you out because of how obnoxious you get about everything.
If defending our team from a bunch of lowlife pathetic losers with facts is obnoxious to you then put me on ignore and don’t read it.

You can just agree with them or run and hide until they go away and the dust settles

Fact is, they were all new trolls all over the place
not even calling me out after the Fiesta Bowl
loss when I was spending 2-3 hours getting out of the stadium and driving to the hotel. I went to my phone and this site was flooded

Trolls were here long before me bashing our team and will be here long after

That article doesn't sound too promising.
which is why in my opinion(posted early in this thread) that even if he has a miraculous comeback there is no point in playing 1 more down in College Football. Go to an NFL Practice squad or CFL and see what happens.

The first goal is for him to be a healthy college student that can walk and jog.

which is why in my opinion(posted early in this thread) that even if he has a miraculous comeback there is no point in playing 1 more down in College Football. Go to an NFL Practice squad or CFL and see what happens.

The first goal is for him to be a healthy college student that can walk and jog.
I certainly agree completely with the let him"be a healthy college student that can walk and jog."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT