ADVERTISEMENT

Mueller Hearing Thread Wednesday

Absolutely booming now

As I stated, Obama's economy has continued to thrive despite Trump. The right never gave Obama the credit he deserves for bringing our economy out of the depths of George Bush's Great Recession, and now Trump wants to take credit for it. He doesn't get to. The economy has continued despite Trump but now the economy is actually showing signs of slowing due to Trump's idiotic trade policies.

Meet the Trump Economy, Same as the Obama Economy
After a small, brief bump, GDP growth is back to trend.

Trump Sabotages Own Economy
If the U.S. economy ever enjoyed a “Trump bump,” then it has been replaced by a “Trump slump.”

New GDP numbers released Friday showed the economy grew 2.5% last year– decent, but not the 3% President Donald Trump promised to deliver with his buffet of tax cuts and deregulation. And the economy slowed to a 2.1% annualized rate in the latest quarter – again, not horrible, but off the pace of the past decade and slowed by Trump’s ready-fire-aim approach to global trade. Presidents don’t really have that much influence on economic growth, notes Justin Fox; but the “economic turnaround of historic proportions” Trump promised is hard to discern from 30,000 feet:

Facts, schmacts

As I stated, Obama's economy has continued to thrive despite Trump. The right never gave Obama the credit he deserves for bringing our economy out of the depths of George Bush's Great Recession, and now Trump wants to take credit for it. He doesn't get to. The economy has continued despite Trump but now the economy is actually showing signs of slowing due to Trump's idiotic trade policies.

Meet the Trump Economy, Same as the Obama Economy
After a small, brief bump, GDP growth is back to trend.

Trump Sabotages Own Economy
If the U.S. economy ever enjoyed a “Trump bump,” then it has been replaced by a “Trump slump.”

New GDP numbers released Friday showed the economy grew 2.5% last year– decent, but not the 3% President Donald Trump promised to deliver with his buffet of tax cuts and deregulation. And the economy slowed to a 2.1% annualized rate in the latest quarter – again, not horrible, but off the pace of the past decade and slowed by Trump’s ready-fire-aim approach to global trade. Presidents don’t really have that much influence on economic growth, notes Justin Fox; but the “economic turnaround of historic proportions” Trump promised is hard to discern from 30,000 feet:

Facts, schmacts

Thank God we had obummer to save us! The bottom was the housing crisis which obummer didn't save by himself..lol. Took time to cycle out the loans and set the floor and get underwriting guidelines back.

You left out gdp growth was 3.1% in the first quarter.

In fact, the inflation-adjusted growth rate over the past year was 2.3% – matching the pace since the recovery began a decade ago. So far, Trump’s economy looks a lot like Obama’s.

800x-1.png

Correct. He dodged that bullet.

LOL Talk about someone not facing reality! This isn't Disneyworld. Unless his buddy Putin successfully steps in again to mess up the elections, Trump's not getting reelected.

Rather TDS than a case of Brown Tongue.
Problem is that you don’t have anyone to root for. No leading candidate. No direction. No hope. No one on the Horizon

All of the above = Strong TDS

You’re a Husker fan, right? Thank God that you at least have that in 5 weeks, because this week isn’t going too well

In the immortal words of Aragorn at Helm's Deep in LOTR: The Two Towers, "There is always hope!"

Yep. This Fall is going to be a blast!!! [banana]
Most “experts” are picking 10-2. A loss at home to Ohio State and at Minnesota believe it or not.

It’s a very very favorable schedule. It’s all about the QB

Reactions: Crazyhole
Problem is that you don’t have anyone to root for. No leading candidate. No direction. No hope. No one on the Horizon

All of the above = Strong TDS

You’re a Husker fan, right? Thank God that you at least have that in 5 weeks, because this week isn’t going too well

These people don't realize that Obama took over in the middle of a recession. The growth rates following the recession should have been far, far, far better than what they were. This was the weakest economic recovery coming out of recession in modern history.

Mostly because instead of passing pro growth policies, he passed regulations, new taxes, insanely burdensome new bills like Obamacare, and promised everyone that raising taxes on rich people would fix these problems.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Most “experts” are picking 10-2. A loss at home to Ohio State and at Minnesota believe it or not.

It’s a very very favorable schedule. It’s all about the QB
What's your prediction? I know you hope it's a winless season, but looking at it objectively where do you see it going?

What's your prediction? I know you hope it's a winless season, but looking at it objectively where do you see it going?
Lol. I usually do pretty well with predictions, however, UCF has been always one of the toughest teams to predict and Nebraska is right behind them

It’s tough for a team to completely turn around 4-8. Additionally, running QBs are always at risk for injury

That being said, I predict 8-4 or 9-3. Just missing the CCG

Reactions: Crazyhole
Lol. I usually do pretty well with predictions, however, UCF has been always one of the toughest teams to predict and Nebraska is right behind them

It’s tough for a team to completely turn around 4-8. Additionally, running QBs are always at risk for injury

That being said, I predict 8-4 or 9-3. Just missing the CCG
Wow, that's better than I would have expected. I've been pretty bearish on the huskers for about 15 years but this year seems like a 10-2 season with a CCG appearance is within their grasp. Not a playoff contender by any stretch of the imagination but likely a top 15 team. Pretty much the same thing I expect out of UCF. I actually think losing Mack will be better for the team but still think a couple of losses should be expected. Get through Stanford and all bets are off but that's a pretty tall order. Between UCF, Cincy, Memphis, and even Temple and SMU the AAC is much better at the top end than it has been for a while. Hell, I think USF could even be a player but not likely to be able to all together for a full season. Either they start strong and then fall apart, or struggle early and come on later.

Nebraska will be good this year. Not B1G champs good but they’ll flirt with the Top 25 or better. Martinez will make a huge jump in Y2 as Milton did and things will click better for the entire team with a year under the belt

Plus the B1G has a lot of soft programs to feast on

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Wow, that's better than I would have expected. I've been pretty bearish on the huskers for about 15 years but this year seems like a 10-2 season with a CCG appearance is within their grasp. Not a playoff contender by any stretch of the imagination but likely a top 15 team. Pretty much the same thing I expect out of UCF. I actually think losing Mack will be better for the team but still think a couple of losses should be expected. Get through Stanford and all bets are off but that's a pretty tall order. Between UCF, Cincy, Memphis, and even Temple and SMU the AAC is much better at the top end than it has been for a while. Hell, I think USF could even be a player but not likely to be able to all together for a full season. Either they start strong and then fall apart, or struggle early and come on later.
I’m not sure how good Temple or SMU will be
Memo should be good again

I think you guys losing Morgan and Oziebo. Sp? might hurt

I’m not sure how good Temple or SMU will be
Memo should be good again

Morgan hurts more than ozigbo because they brought in a transfer back from GaTech who is very similar and was the ACC freshman of the year. Morgan was good and dependable, but Spielman was probably the more dangerous receiver. It'll be fun to watch how things unfold as long as the team can stop getting busted for pot. Frost is definitely building the same kind of team that he did in Orlando except with bigger bodies at the skill positions.

We're replacing Ozigbo with another battering ram, by the name of Dedrick Mills who starred at Georgia Tech as a freshman. We also have a true freshman speedster, Rahmir Johnson, who could become a homerun threat.

We're replacing Morgan with a talented Grad transfer from Cal, Noa, and have a number of other WRs in the program who are expected to step up and join returners Spielman and Warner (Kurt Warner's kid). As you know, you need a bevy of WRs in Frost's offense. We also have a trio of talented TEs who did okay last year but are poised for a breakout season this year.

Lastly, Nebraska has it's own "Rondale Moore" of Purdue fame in Wan'dale Robinson who plays the Duck-R position (WR/RB). He was Mr. Kentucky last year and is expected to star (like Martinez did) as a true freshman at Nebraska.

EDIT - You can tell neither Crazyhole or I are the least bit excited about the upcoming Husker season. :)

Last edited:
Morgan hurts more than ozigbo because they brought in a transfer back from GaTech who is very similar and was the ACC freshman of the year. Morgan was good and dependable, but Spielman was probably the more dangerous receiver. It'll be fun to watch how things unfold as long as the team can stop getting busted for pot. Frost is definitely building the same kind of team that he did in Orlando except with bigger bodies at the skill positions.
I bet that’s the RB we were supposed to play against in 2017. The hurricane cancelled game. Wasn’t he kicked off the team? Don’t be last chance U

We're replacing Ozigbo with another battering ram, by the name of Dedrick Mills who starred at Georgia Tech as a freshman. We also have a true freshman speedster, Rahmir Johnson, who could become a homerun threat.

We're replacing Morgan with a talented Grad transfer from Cal, Noa, and have a number of other WRs in the program who are expected to step up and join returners Spielman and Warner (Kurt Warner's kid). As you know, you need a bevy of WRs in Frost's offense. We also have a trio of talented TEs who did okay last year but are poised for a breakout season this year.

Lastly, Nebraska has it's own "Rondale Moore" of Purdue fame in Wan'dale Robinson who plays the Duck-R position (WR/RB). He was Mr. Kentucky last year and is expected to star (like Martinez did) as a true freshman at Nebraska.

EDIT - You can tell neither Crazyhole or I are the least bit excited about the upcoming Husker season. :)
As long as Robinson stays away from pot, he could be a star

I bet that’s the RB we were supposed to play against in 2017. The hurricane cancelled game. Wasn’t he kicked off the team?
He transferred to a community college and is now totally rehabilitated. We believe in giving a kid (who just happens to be a real stud running back) a second chance. :)

As long as Robinson stays away from pot, he could be a star
Thank Goodness you don't have to worry about any Knight player getting caught smoking pot on campus!!!! :p

Last edited:
I bet that’s the RB we were supposed to play against in 2017. The hurricane cancelled game. Wasn’t he kicked off the team? Don’t be last chance U
Yep. We actually don't know exactly what the circumstances were there, but it was probably related to pot. He had to be pretty smart to get into GaTech so I'm willing to bet it wasn't grades. BTW, you guys have a helluva qb transfer. I don't care what anybody says, wimbush is the real deal. I would have been really surprised if he didn't win the starting spot even if Mack hadn't gotten hurt.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Yep. We actually don't know exactly what the circumstances were there, but it was probably related to pot. He had to be pretty smart to get into GaTech so I'm willing to bet it wasn't grades. BTW, you guys have a helluva qb transfer. I don't care what anybody says, wimbush is the real deal. I would have been really surprised if he didn't win the starting spot even if Mack hadn't gotten hurt.
Let’s see if Heupel can turn his accuracy around

Additionally, he will have better receivers and worse defenses to go against

Some ND posters have said the receivers and system hurt him. Let’s see if it was true

It’s happened before where a transfer picked up his game

I agree with Crazyhole on this one. I'm putting Wimbush in the 'real deal' category. This should be a very interesting season for both UCF and Nebraska.

I agree with Crazyhole on this one. I'm putting Wimbush in the 'real deal' category. This should be a very interesting season for both UCF and Nebraska.
5% chance they play each other in a NY6 bowl game. Low, but real chance

I'm guessing neither head coach or the two fan bases would be particularly thrilled with such a match-up.
Are you kidding? There are tons of UCF fans that would love to beat Frost and there are easily that many husker fans that would love to see if he could beat the team he built. That would be awesome!

Are you kidding? There are tons of UCF fans that would love to beat Frost and there are easily that many husker fans that would love to see if he could beat the team he built. That would be awesome!
Would make for great ratings, although too many things have to happen

AAC schools just don’t play Big-10 schools in ANY bowl game very often

ADVERTISEMENT