ADVERTISEMENT

NHL Playoffs

Well, the lower seed has won all but one of the series in the west thus far. I'd say that's fairly open, dude.
St. Louis won the regular season in the toughest division, sure, but they can't get out of the first round and haven't been able to for awhile. Chicago had people injured for most of the season but are getting healthy at the right time and actually seem to have two goalies. Now maybe Minnesota has something going, but they've been bounced by Chicago the last two years and last year in the second round so this matchup couldn't have been that much of a surprise. Calgary and Vancouver were a pick em with Calgary winning the season series. Anaheim is going to roll that series, and Chicago should win to make what will be a good western conference finals.

I was at the Lightning game Saturday- what a freaking blown opportunity to leverage an insane crowd. That place was absolutely nuts up until it was clear that Detroit was going to dominate the game.

TB is done tonight unless Stamkos and Callahan stop being invisible and actually contribute in some way. I've never seen goal scorers of this caliber completely disappear in the playoffs like they have so far.

Plus they keep falling behind and when they do, Detroit goes straight into a defensive smother. There was virtually no open ice for TB once Detroit got that first goal. Every shot was from a weak angle or from the blue line with no one in front.

That said, if they can just find a way to win and get back to Tampa, I think they'll take it.

The last 3-4 minutes of the Ottawa/Montreal game was better than anything I've seen in awhile.
That and the only goal in that game was insane. Stick stuck in the runner of his skate, breaks free, puck off of the chest, spin and knock it out of mid-air for the goal. Just ridiculous. The Sen's goalie didn't stand a chance. The way the crowd saluted the team at the end was awesome as well.

Here it is if you didn't see it. Ignore the dbag in the stands who would like you to believe he scored it.

Meanwhile ESPN spends roughly 30 seconds on each NHL game before spending 5 minutes dissecting each boring NBA game that wasn't even close. They then spend 3 minutes arguing over how awesome the wide open Lebron James dunk was.

I'm so thankful for MLB and NHL Networks; less time watching shit ESPN.

Reactions: UCF-icenhl-06
The best player in the game, making assists like a white guy on the basketball court.

Reactions: sk8knight
Stamkos today said he may not be scoring this series because he's doing other things like finishing checks and winning face offs so well. He practiced those too much and forgot how to score.

Lulz.

The best player in the game, making assists like a white guy on the basketball court.

Kaner's still not 100% from the injury IMO. He's shying away from contact and less active defensively than before. But damn, can't wait for the rest of the playoffs. NHL has the best playoffs going by far.

Stamkos today said he may not be scoring this series because he's doing other things like finishing checks and winning face offs so well. He practiced those too much and forgot how to score.

Lulz.
This. He's trying to be the next Sidney Crosby when he should just accept the fact that he's more like Ovechkin. GTFO there and score some goddamn goals.

Detroit had a player jump off his feet and throw an elbow directly into our guys' head, and there wasn't a f*cking penalty called. Nothing. The RW's had like 8 powerplays to our 2.

It was the worst officiated game I've seen. Best tweet of the night:

"I'd accuse Detroit of paying off the refs, but no one there has money"

Lots of blatant interference behind the play as well. Their mentality is "It isn't a penalty if it doesn't get called". Can you blame them? That hit on Kucherov though will likely be reviewed by the head office and result in a suspension. Refs were out of position alot last night which is why they weren't seeing the penalties.

Lots of blatant interference behind the play as well. Their mentality is "It isn't a penalty if it doesn't get called". Can you blame them? That hit on Kucherov though will likely be reviewed by the head office and result in a suspension. Refs were out of position alot last night which is why they weren't seeing the penalties.

It'd be fine if it worked both ways.

They also blew the whistle twice last night when the puck was free and not covered by Mrazek. Both times the Lightning would have had a great chance to score with a free puck but the play was called dead.

That's a huge loss for the Wings, but that asshole deserves it. Should help free things up for us tonight.

That's a huge loss for the Wings, but that asshole deserves it. Should help free things up for us tonight.
I don't know, I'm still nervous. I think we've largely been out coached this series. Not tough to assume given it's Babcock. I'm thinking that Detroit comes out even more inspired than they have in each game so far in light of missing Kronwall. We'll see...headed back early from a business trip so that I can catch the game. Will be fun nonetheless.

I don't know, I'm still nervous. I think we've largely been out coached this series. Not tough to assume given it's Babcock. I'm thinking that Detroit comes out even more inspired than they have in each game so far in light of missing Kronwall. We'll see...headed back early from a business trip so that I can catch the game. Will be fun nonetheless.

They MUST come with the same game plan and execution as Game 6. They were super aggressive at attacking the puck handler in the neutral zone and as a result they got a lot of odd man opportunities which they buried. They also got ahead early which was huge.

In Game 5 they let Detroit gain the zone way too easy, which meant they were always able to recover on defense and smother TB's offense.

Detroit is a better defensive team so the Lightning have to be aggressive and take chances in the neutral zoen.

Now that Hockey Town and Sid the Kid are gone, can we just play hockey to figure out who wins? That coincidental minor on the 2nd goal was utter garbage.

Habs v. Bolts. Three games into Montreal's series, they looked damn good. They kinda limped to the finish though.
Bolts could match up better than last year (weren't they swept by the Habs?).

NYR v. Wash tomorrow. Should be fun!

Habs v. Bolts. Three games into Montreal's series, they looked damn good. They kinda limped to the finish though.
Bolts could match up better than last year (weren't they swept by the Habs?).

NYR v. Wash tomorrow. Should be fun!

The Lightning didn't have Bishop last year which was a huge loss.

TB is 5-0 this season against Montreal but that won't matter come tomorrow night. The asshole Canadiens will be fired up.

Last night was awesome but stressful.

BOLTS!!!!

Enrique_Iglesias_-_I_Like_It.jpg

Bolts win! Holy shit, Minnesota just pulled even with Chicago. This damn thing was over!
Good win for the bolts. They looked tired as hell but pulled it out. Long series though.

Chicago did what Chicago does with leads, lose them but find a way to win anyways. Minnesota's got a fast team and they make you pay if you turn the puck over.

Rangers evened up the series yesterday. Scored 40 seconds in. Had a 2-0 lead, then 3-1.... Ovechkin is incredible, he cut it to 3-2 through 3 defenders/falling down and still had more juice on the shot than most NHL players can muster

That's about as bad as you can beat someone in the playoffs and its on the road. 6 goals on 24 shots. And did I see this correctly, Prust had 31 penalty minutes?? He's an ass... Didn't mind him so much on the Rangers of course but he pissed me off every game in last years playoffs (I guess that's his role, Skip Bayless style).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT