ADVERTISEMENT

NHL Playoffs

I think today's Lightning game is on USA. I'll be switching between that and Bulls vs Cavs Game 2

Lightning will be on NBCSports, NBC, USA or NHL Network as are all other Stanley Cup games. Blackout only exists if there are ticket sales issues which there are not. Sun Sports shows all Lightning games but tonight you will have your choice of USA Network or Sun Sports announcers. Personally, I will be on Sun Sports unless Emerick has the call for the Lightning on USA.

And I hate Oven Chicken, but I can't say he isn't the #1, 2 or 3 player in the league right now. However, he is no Sidney Crosby and the world is thankful for that.

Um, Kane ranked 28th this season with 27 goals.

I forgot that Ovechkin was actually the leader; Stamkos was 2nd with 43 goals.
Kane missed a good chunk of the season due to injury. Ovie is absolutely on fire and I'd have to say that he's playing the best hockey right now, but no offensive player sparks his team like Kane. Oh and Kane came back at least two weeks early from a broken clavicle and has scored a goal in something like the last 5 playoff games.

Lightning will be on NBCSports, NBC, USA or NHL Network as are all other Stanley Cup games. Blackout only exists if there are ticket sales issues which there are not. Sun Sports shows all Lightning games but tonight you will have your choice of USA Network or Sun Sports announcers. Personally, I will be on Sun Sports unless Emerick has the call for the Lightning on USA.

And I hate Oven Chicken, but I can't say he isn't the #1, 2 or 3 player in the league right now. However, he is no Sidney Crosby and the world is thankful for that.
Idk I'm gettin Rays and on Sun

Rangers actually scored, first goal in I think 5+ periods. Gave it back so we're probably screwed. 1-1 at the 2nd intermission.

The Lightning are that kind of team. They have extremely explosive players when they turn it on. I think the team (and the fans) got lulled to sleep after we went up 1-0, with a 2-0 series lead, but the 1-1 tying goal was a wake up call. TB played much better after that goal.

PS- who saw that dickhead Prust try to saw off Bishop's arm with his skate? He's the dirtiest piece of shit I've seen in the NHL.

The Lightning are that kind of team. They have extremely explosive players when they turn it on. I think the team (and the fans) got lulled to sleep after we went up 1-0, with a 2-0 series lead, but the 1-1 tying goal was a wake up call. TB played much better after that goal.

PS- who saw that dickhead Prust try to saw off Bishop's arm with his skate? He's the dirtiest piece of shit I've seen in the NHL.
I was sitting in the hotel bar and nearly lost my shit when I saw that it was Prust. That is exactly what he's been trying to do all series. Reminds me of a dirtier version (if you can believe that) of Keith Primeau from the '04 EC finals.

I was sitting in the hotel bar and nearly lost my shit when I saw that it was Prust. That is exactly what he's been trying to do all series. Reminds me of a dirtier version (if you can believe that) of Keith Primeau from the '04 EC finals.
I have yet to read or hear one word about it. I wonder if it will be commented after a review. He tried twice on the same play with the same skate. I want to see him leave the ice bloody before the Lightning take this.

Tonight will be interesting. The Canadians will either come out and limp their way through the game with zero drive or this will be the hockey equivalent of a street riot with about 10,000 minutes in penalties. Losing a back breaker like that and then playing the next night impacts people differently. Suban will be the key in the locker room and in his first couple of shifts. How he goes likely will be the way the rest of the team goes. If I am him, first puck in the corner, I try to hit the guy so hard he ends up in the concession stand show my team we aren't going down like a bunch of bitches and see if the rest of the guys respond.

Tonight will be interesting. The Canadians will either come out and limp their way through the game with zero drive or this will be the hockey equivalent of a street riot with about 10,000 minutes in penalties. Losing a back breaker like that and then playing the next night impacts people differently. Suban will be the key in the locker room and in his first couple of shifts. How he goes likely will be the way the rest of the team goes. If I am him, first puck in the corner, I try to hit the guy so hard he ends up in the concession stand show my team we aren't going down like a bunch of bitches and see if the rest of the guys respond.
And if I'm a lightning defenseman I checjk the first player through the glass to send a message that we are going to finish this tonight.

Reactions: btbones
And if I'm a lightning defenseman I checjk the first player through the glass to send a message that we are going to finish this tonight.
Actually no. See the Canadians don't have to worry about suspensions for illegal hits, the Lightning do. If I am Cooper, I tell my defense to pinch up, join the rush and try to get 2 in the first 10 while you have the crowd momentum. I tell them to protect my goalie but to not get sucked into a street fight. Cooper also isn't a retribution type of coach. That is why the Lightning were the highest scoring team. He has the "don't back down, but don't start anything mentality, beat them with your skates and your stick."

That is the book on him. when he gets tired, he loses focus too easy. I am not second guessing Cooper because you ride the hot hand and he pulled him once he realized this wasn't going to go in the right direction, but you could see it in the game prior that he was mentally not there at the start.

Sydney Crosby is the best player in the NHL???
Game-5-Patrick-Kane.jpg
Bump for truth. 2 more points tonight.

Kane missed a good chunk of the season due to injury. Ovie is absolutely on fire and I'd have to say that he's playing the best hockey right now, but no offensive player sparks his team like Kane. Oh and Kane came back at least two weeks early from a broken clavicle and has scored a goal in something like the last 5 playoff games.
85 was correct about goals, though. When Kane went out with the broken bone, he was leading the league in points, not goals. I was mistaken.

But, Kaner is on fire now. Another goal last night. I think that was 5 goals in the 4 game sweep of Minnesota. Now, they rest. Good deal. Crawford is always better in net after a few days of rest.

last night sucked... lets hope they can turn it around in the next game. dont want these canadians getting any ideas.

85 was correct about goals, though. When Kane went out with the broken bone, he was leading the league in points, not goals. I was mistaken.

But, Kaner is on fire now. Another goal last night. I think that was 5 goals in the 4 game sweep of Minnesota. Now, they rest. Good deal. Crawford is always better in net after a few days of rest.
5 in 4 and 7 in the playoffs. The argument over who is best is really irrelevant anyways. All that matters is who is scoring goals when it counts the most.

Wouldn't sweat the one game, sucks that it was at home though.

Hoping the Rangers can extend the series tonight. Gotta win at home, get the tough one on the road in game 6 and anything can happen in game 7.

The UCF fan inside of me thinks the Lightning are in big trouble.
The Sharks were the first team to ever lose a series after down 3-0. The Lightning are 12-1-1 against the Canadians this season. They will win, probably on Saturday. Better to have a bad game in a series you are likely going to win than have one to start out the conference finals against a team that you are 1-2 against this year.

All that matters is who is scoring goals when it counts the most.
For individual stats? Yes. What really matters is who's winning. In that case, Chicago, Washington and Tampa Bay are all in a good spot. Doesn't matter who actually scores the goals.

For individual stats? Yes. What really matters is who's winning. In that case, Chicago, Washington and Tampa Bay are all in a good spot. Doesn't matter who actually scores the goals.
That's not as fun to argue though.

Whatever you say about Kane he always has toevs to take the pressure off of him. Oven chicken doesn't have that. Both are great and fun to watch either way though
Haha, oven chicken. That autocorrect was awesome. I'm a homer so there's that. I'd agree with you more if they played on the same line I guess. The Hawks had a really rough stretch in March with Kane out showing his worth. You're right thought, I'm glad the Hawks have Kane and Toews, and Keith, and Hossa, and and and... and even the new guy Teravainen is getting time and going to be really good too.

So, oven chicken has 0 points in his last 3 games and the Rangers have forced game 7. Caps need him to convert on some of those grade A chances.

Meanwhile, we get a Ducks-Hawks WCF. The Wild were the hottest team in the second half and the Hawks swept them. Gotta like the Hawks for this series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT