ADVERTISEMENT

NHL Playoffs

That's about as bad as you can beat someone in the playoffs and its on the road. 6 goals on 24 shots. And did I see this correctly, Prust had 31 penalty minutes?? He's an ass... Didn't mind him so much on the Rangers of course but he pissed me off every game in last years playoffs (I guess that's his role, Skip Bayless style).
I believe ten minutes of it came as a misconduct, not causing them to be a man down.

Hawks stomped the Wild last night...but the Hawks always beat the Wild in the playoffs.
Kaner with two goals.

I'd love to see a Chicago/Tampa Bay series. Hawks would have home ice throughout the entire series!

Prust also went after Bishop. No question about it. He's a shit dirtbag player.

TB didn't have a ton of shots but most shots were legit scoring opportunities. As oppose to some games where they had 40 shots but only a few true good chances. I think 4 of their 6 goals were scored into completely empty nets as a result of great puck movement.

Also, it's really funny hearing the idiot MTL fans chant "Bishop". It's a bit odd to mock a guy who has stonewalled your team. He had the one flub in Game 1 but they seem to forget he owned them for every other shot.

Take just one game here in TB and it's over.

Prust also went after Bishop. No question about it. He's a shit dirtbag player.

TB didn't have a ton of shots but most shots were legit scoring opportunities. As oppose to some games where they had 40 shots but only a few true good chances. I think 4 of their 6 goals were scored into completely empty nets as a result of great puck movement.

Also, it's really funny hearing the idiot MTL fans chant "Bishop". It's a bit odd to mock a guy who has stonewalled your team. He had the one flub in Game 1 but they seem to forget he owned them for every other shot.

Take just one game here in TB and it's over.

The Habs are naughty little bitches. Lightning made them pay for it, though.
Don't force penalties if your penalty kill sucks, Habs.

On an aside, who is more protected: NHL goalies or NFL QB's?

So here is the call for you.

You are up 2-0 on the Canadiens. Your team physically needs a rest. You have 3 days until your next game. Your goalie is hot but your defense is shutting down Montreal. Do you risk breaking his focus and rest Bishop for Game 3 or do you ride him until he breaks and then give him a night off? If you can get out of this series in 4 or 5, he is going to get 5 days to sit on his couch and watch Ellen and the Price is Right.

Personally, I ride the hot hand until it breaks especially since my D has been playing solid and I am on home ice and could close it out and get a mini-vacation. Some coaches start adding up the number of games to nights and sit him since they have 2-0 and can afford to risk losing 1.

Did you seriously just suggest sitting your starting goaltender for a game where you could possibly go up 3-0 at home? Really?

I can't think of a single good reason to sit Bishop coming back home, with three days rest.

I remember when people in Tampa freaked out when the team traded Conacher for Bishop. That trade now looks downright abusive considering how good Bishop has turned out to be. Especially considering how bad Lindback was.

So here is the call for you.

You are up 2-0 on the Canadiens. Your team physically needs a rest. You have 3 days until your next game. Your goalie is hot but your defense is shutting down Montreal. Do you risk breaking his focus and rest Bishop for Game 3 or do you ride him until he breaks and then give him a night off? If you can get out of this series in 4 or 5, he is going to get 5 days to sit on his couch and watch Ellen and the Price is Right.

Personally, I ride the hot hand until it breaks especially since my D has been playing solid and I am on home ice and could close it out and get a mini-vacation. Some coaches start adding up the number of games to nights and sit him since they have 2-0 and can afford to risk losing 1.
There is absolutely no one on the planet - well, no one that follows even a modicum of hockey - that would even think, for half a second, of sitting their starting goaltender. The only reason that starting goalies sit in the regular season is typically due to back-to-back games. So, I guess, if you're a moron, that you could throw that out there for game 4 since it comes the night after game 3, but it's the playoffs and both goalies will be facing the same issue of lack of rest/back-to-back starts. Bishop's on fire for sure - maybe he's due a dud of a game - so I'm riding that horse all the way.

my wife is the bigger hockey fan and her team is the panthers, so we dont watch much of the regular season. but playoff hockey has been awesome so far. cant wait for the bolts to sweep that canadian team.

I remember when people in Tampa freaked out when the team traded Conacher for Bishop. That trade now looks downright abusive considering how good Bishop has turned out to be. Especially considering how bad Lindback was.
After the Olympics last year, the Lightning practiced at RDV because their practice rink was being used for a tournament. My then 6 year old son watched 5 minutes of practice with goalies wearing white helmets and blue jerseys and he could immediately pick out Lindback because his form was so bad. I mean, he obviously has skills enough to make it in the NHL so I am not taking that away from him, but as an NHL starter, he just isn't there. Honestly, I hated seeing Conocher go because I thought he had tremendous potential in the Lightning system and Bishop is a mid-tier goalie who is streaky although he has improved greatly this year. But with what the Lightning had in net, they had to upgrade.

Bishop's biggest knock is that he gets hurt a bit and without alot of action around him, he loses focus fairly easy. That hasn't been the case the last 4 games so hopefully it continues, but if you watched the start of game 1, his puck management was a joke because he was out of it. Once he settled in, he turned out a great game.

There is absolutely no one on the planet - well, no one that follows even a modicum of hockey - that would even think, for half a second, of sitting their starting goaltender. The only reason that starting goalies sit in the regular season is typically due to back-to-back games. So, I guess, if you're a moron, that you could throw that out there for game 4 since it comes the night after game 3, but it's the playoffs and both goalies will be facing the same issue of lack of rest/back-to-back starts. Bishop's on fire for sure - maybe he's due a dud of a game - so I'm riding that horse all the way.
I think you see in the playoffs that only 1 goalie will play throughout unless he has a really bad game.

It's too bad the NHL will no longer send players to the Olympics, because I think Bishop would have been the next Team USA goalie.

Meh. Eastern Conference hockey sucks.

Sounds like fighting words to me!

Both goalies were on top of their games yesterday. Holtby stopped all 30 Rangers shots, Lundqvist stopped 21 of 22 and the goal was a wrap around headed no where near the net that hit Yandle's skate and bounced in. Hockey Gods owe Yandle a goal in game 4

Hey Joe! How's that wide open western conference looking?

LOL. At the time I posted, I wasn't exactly wrong: lower seeds were winning. Calgary's youth showed in the first two games when they stunk it up. I thought Minnesota had a chance against Chicago, playoffs be damned record-wise. Oh well.

THAT WAS A GOAL!!! Flames got jobbed!!! Toronto hate Calgary??
Anyone else watching Ducks v Flames? Calgary fans look ready to riot..

GOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!! Flames!!! Calgary just erupted!!! Holy hell I think that eruption just took the roof off the Saddledome!! Tied it up with 19 seconds left!!

Well, I will predict it now, right or wrong: Calgary is gonna make this a series worth watching.

Sydney Crosby is the best player in the NHL???
Game-5-Patrick-Kane.jpg

I'd like to see Stamkos get another goal tonight. If he can get it going, TB will be hard to stop. They've won 4 in a row despite the best goal scorer in the league being absent for 3 of those games.

Reactions: EweSeaEff
Why in the hell did the TB/MTL series take a 3 day break to play back to back games?

I'd like to see Stamkos get another goal tonight. If he can get it going, TB will be hard to stop. They've won 4 in a row despite the best goal scorer in the league being absent for 3 of those games.
Patrick Kane doesn't play for TB.

Still think Ovechkin is the best in the game but could be biased because my team is playing them and he's been great.

If Rick Nash could find the back of the net that would be great.

OK so I went ahead and got NBCSports to watch some of these games and the Lightning games are blacked out because of SunSports, another channel I will have to pay extra for. Fuking ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT