ADVERTISEMENT

North Korea suspends nuclear and missile testing

Fake news headline. They rejected the timeline of turning nukes over; not denuclearization outright.

FC fails again

They're still producing fissile material. The timeline we offered to give up 60-70% of their stockpile is not unreasonable. They still haven't declared the number of weapons in their stockpile. The rhetoric they are pushing out is calling Pompeo et al gangsters and not respecting them.

I think this whole thing was a stunt for Fat Boy to shore up support within his country. He comes out playing nice for a change and gets some good photos with world leaders, signs a non-binding joint statement with POTUS, and comes home looking like the great negotiator. Now when it comes to nut cutting time with negotiations they screw around and twist it like the US doesn't respect them and play the same song they always do about us. The difference now is they have all this media coverage of KJU meeting and "negotiating" that they can play at home to their people and say America and the ROK are bullies and gangsters not serious about peace.

Fake news headline. They rejected the timeline of turning nukes over; not denuclearization outright.

FC fails again

Lmfao. You are so blinded by your insane partisan beliefs that you actually think anything is coming from this. You are the definition of a partisan dipshit.

They're still producing fissile material. The timeline we offered to give up 60-70% of their stockpile is not unreasonable. They still haven't declared the number of weapons in their stockpile. The rhetoric they are pushing out is calling Pompeo et al gangsters and not respecting them.

I think this whole thing was a stunt for Fat Boy to shore up support within his country. He comes out playing nice for a change and gets some good photos with world leaders, signs a non-binding joint statement with POTUS, and comes home looking like the great negotiator. Now when it comes to nut cutting time with negotiations they screw around and twist it like the US doesn't respect them and play the same song they always do about us. The difference now is they have all this media coverage of KJU meeting and "negotiating" that they can play at home to their people and say America and the ROK are bullies and gangsters not serious about peace.

None of that really matters for NK. They can dick around and play media games all they want; the reality they face is that if they do not actually denuclearize, then the odds are that they will be at the receiving end of a ?US-led first strike within 3 years. There is no way that after giving theme every opportunity to seize diplomacy and denuclearize, in exchange for sanctions relief and acting like a normal country, the US or S Korea are going to just stand by if they attempt to do their own thing and ramp up the nuclear program.

still dont trust these guys but trump has gotten further than anyone else has. lets give him some more time. maybe he can find a way to put more pressure on them to denuclearize like he had initially agreed to.

None of that really matters for NK. They can dick around and play media games all they want; the reality they face is that if they do not actually denuclearize, then the odds are that they will be at the receiving end of a ?US-led first strike within 3 years. There is no way that after giving theme every opportunity to seize diplomacy and denuclearize, in exchange for sanctions relief and acting like a normal country, the US or S Korea are going to just stand by if they attempt to do their own thing and ramp up the nuclear program.
Wait. So the US policy is to kill millions of people first? What?

Is there a point where you would be in support of an attack on NK that may result on mass NK casualties?
Maybe I read too much into 85's "first-strike" statement, assuming he meant a nuclear strike. In that vein, I don't think there's any way I would support the US striking first with nuclear force. A different military action could be justified, though.

Yeah we're not going to do a first strike. Millions of Koreans and Japanese would die and they would rain chemical weapons on the region. Plus, it would spark a war with China, who has red lines when it comes to action against NK.

Maybe I read too much into 85's "first-strike" statement, assuming he meant a nuclear strike. In that vein, I don't think there's any way I would support the US striking first with nuclear force. A different military action could be justified, though.

Ummmm no I didn’t mean a nuclear attack.

Any sort of military action outside of maybe a cyber attack is going to lead to millions of deaths.

Any sort of military action outside of maybe a cyber attack is going to lead to millions of deaths.
That’s not necessarily true if the groundwork has been laid in the NK to have a significant contingent to support the assault. Which is the other side of the coin on the Kim summit photo ops. Sure, their state run media will see Kim doing things and spin the upper hand, but they’ll also see images of places they’ve never seen before and the regime likes to pretend are lies. Sometimes it’s the subtle things that matter in the long game.

So would KJU with nukes and ICBMs

Holy fuking shit you are literally a moron. He already has them. He's had them. Nothing bad has happened nor would it make sense for him to use then unless more insane war Hawks advocating for a "first strike" get into power.

It terrifies me idiots like yourself are allowed to vote.

He already has them.

He doesn’t have qualified ICBMs. Putting a few into the ocean doesn’t verify capability. He also doesn’t have warheads compacted that can fit into a missile delivery system to threaten the mainland .

He doesn’t have this. He could in 3 years based upon experts on the subject. Hence my comment.

That’s not necessarily true if the groundwork has been laid in the NK to have a significant contingent to support the assault. Which is the other side of the coin on the Kim summit photo ops. Sure, their state run media will see Kim doing things and spin the upper hand, but they’ll also see images of places they’ve never seen before and the regime likes to pretend are lies. Sometimes it’s the subtle things that matter in the long game.

But it is a certainty. We start massing for an assault they're going to fire SCUDs and IRBMs with chemical weapons at the South and Japan. People tend to overestimate our abilities in the region and underestimate the type of damage and pain NK can inflict, even with a poorly equipped military.

He doesn’t have qualified ICBMs. Putting a few into the ocean doesn’t verify capability. He also doesn’t have warheads compacted that can fit into a missile delivery system to threaten the mainland .

He doesn’t have this. He could in 3 years based upon experts on the subject. Hence my comment.

I happen to be an expert on nuclear weapons, and they have demonstrated enough capability that you should be concerned.

I happen to be an expert on nuclear weapons, and they have demonstrated enough capability that you should be concerned.

Get ready, 85 is about to make fun of you. No one knows more about any subject than he does. After all he gets his news straight from the same source as the president: Fox News.

Get ready, 85 is about to make fun of you. No one knows more about any subject than he does. After all he gets his news straight from the same source as the president: Fox News.

I don't get disrespectful with people. I like discussions, even with people I disagree with. We're all UCF fans just bullshitting waiting for football season.

I don't get disrespectful with people. I like discussions, even with people I disagree with. We're all UCF fans just bullshitting waiting for football season.

Let me guess- some moron that I have on ignore insisted that you should launch into a vile personal tirade against me?

Fair enough. I have colleagues who worked at secret sites who feel like he lacks the delivery capability on a reliable basis. I’d argue it’s debatbale.

But it is a certainty. We start massing for an assault they're going to fire SCUDs and IRBMs with chemical weapons at the South and Japan. People tend to overestimate our abilities in the region and underestimate the type of damage and pain NK can inflict, even with a poorly equipped military.
Their artillery is enough of a threat to the RoKs that worrying about SCUDs is secondary. It’s why we moved most of our stuff down to Camp Humphries. Which sucks because there aren’t any good hotels down there and it’s a long ass drive from Seoul.

There are regional defenses in place that will have some success in reducing the threat. So it’s not a given by any means that his missile launches will have a great deal of efficacy.

So, maybe there's a 'way forward' ...
It's clear this is about 'saving face,' and that means don't bash Trump, but people in his administration. Which means the 'way forward' literally comes down to Trump personally promising a 'peace treaty,' which finally gets the 'ball rolling' on denuclearization.

But the key for me is that we don't have a written, signed 'peace treaty' until that 'denuclearization' is also in-place -- possibly simultaneously. It's clear DPRK is trying to see how much the US is willing to give, but there has to be a return agreement.

I'm still positive on this, but it's finally 'getting real' on what the DPRK wants.

It's not pretty. But it's certainly far better position than we've ever had in any administration prior. For the first time, the DPRK is not bashing the US or its President any more, it has taken down anti-US rhetoric, and it's trying to 'guilt' the 'players' for their 'failures.'

Interesting result to say the least, and more importantly, as much as some don't want to give Trump credit for ... it is showing that Trump has indeed opened a door.

Would this work with other countries? Unlikely. The Ayatolla cares less for celebrity, and I suspect Russia no more either. But North Korea? Oh yeah, celebrity means everything to the leadership.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Why are we talking about war? I thought this problem was solved.

WELL DONE PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!! BRAVO SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not unexpected but not a good thing. I think people put the cart before the horse and read a small break through as the dam bursting. Diplomacy takes time, and maybe there will be more substantive talks in the next few months, but I still feel like the summit was used as an internal power play. We'll see though.

Lmao at chicken for posting a third of what he said
6023.jpg

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT