ADVERTISEMENT

North Korea suspends nuclear and missile testing

They don't speak English and we need to make that the official language so they aren't official Americans in my eyes #maga.
Let me know when it is a real American and not a Korean with double citizenship. For all we know, they are double agents for NK

Well in any matter your post makes you look like an idiot and I'm going to bump it every time the NK situation deteriorates.

Again, I'm sorry that you're saddened by the fact that Trump brought home 3 Americans. I know this triggers your TDS.

Reactions: UCFWayne

IMG_3008r.jpg

well that sucks. i hope they are able to have talks in the future. i felt like they were moving in the right direction.

Dear Mr. Chairman:

We greatly appreciation your time, patience, and effort with respect to our recent negotiations and discussions relative to a summit long sought by both parties, which was scheduled to take place on June 12 in Singapore. We were informed that the meeting was requested by North Korea, but that to us is totally irrelevant. I was very much looking forward to being there with you. Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting. Therefore, please let this letter serve to represent that the Singapore summit, for the good of both parties, but to the detriment of the world, will not take place. You talk about nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used.

I felt a wonderful dialogue was building up between you and me, and ultimately, it is only that dialogue that matters. Some day, I look very much forward to meeting you. In the meantime, I want to thank you for the release of the hostages who are now home with their families. That was a beautiful gesture and was very much appreciated.

If you change your mind having to do with this most important summit, please do not hesitate to call me or write. The world, and North Korea in particular, has lost a great opportunity for lasting peace and great prosperity and wealth. This missed opportunity is a truly sad moment in history.

Sincerely yours,

Donald J. Trump

President of the United States of America

So we get our prisoners back and N Korea gets nothing. No sanctions relief.

Looks like a win for us

So Trump was a monster when he agreed to meet with Un. Will he also be a monster for cancelling the meeting?

Just so I understand, are our prisoners back home? Has the North fired any missiles since this thread started?

Have they opened any new nuke test sites?

It must suck rooting against American prisoners returning home because your harbor such hate for the President
we got further in negotiations than at any point in the last 60 years and some how that is a negative. it appears we are still open to negotiations. maybe it can still happen, but at a later day.

Trump didn't want to be left at the alter so he pulled the plug first, haha.
Agreed. He backed out before Un could do it. The letter has to be authored by Trump himself, and it's pretty evident he didn't get much editing from his staff. Basically calls Un crazy, threatens nuclear war, and despite the fact that the WH is pulling out of the summit, it blames Un.

It has definitely blindsided our allies.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Agreed. He backed out before Un could do it. The letter has to be authored by Trump himself, and it's pretty evident he didn't get much editing from his staff. Basically calls Un crazy, threatens nuclear war, and despite the fact that the WH is pulling out of the summit, it blames Un.

It has definitely blindsided our allies.

Just another example of how toxic leadership is terrible. Allowing your pride to come before international relations. Just pathetic.

It was a well written letter, so I wonder who actually authored it.

As far as the rest of it goes, I guess it's just the same as it ever was. Un is just continuing to paint himself in a corner. Like everyone that came before him, trump tried and failed

As far as the rest of it goes, I guess it's just the same as it ever was. Un is just continuing to paint himself in a corner. Like everyone that came before him, trump tried and failed

I wouldn't say he failed. He did get three hostages back. That is a win even if nothing else comes of this.

If you think that was well-written, I don't know what to tell you other than it was not.

What is the purpose of including this sentence? "We were informed that the meeting was requested by North Korea, but that to us is totally irrelevant." It doesn't make any sense.

Yeah - sorry Wayne - we got no where. It was never going to happen. They both just like attention.

KJU quite literally gave up the biggest negotiating leverage he had- the lives of 3 Americans. They're back home.

We got no where?

KJU quite literally gave up the biggest negotiating leverage he had- the lives of 3 Americans. They're back home.

We got no where?

I don't know why you keep mentioning leverage. Un doesn't give two sh!ts. There is no such thing as leverage here. There's not rational thought with him. His whole country will starve to death before he gives anything up.

I don't know why you keep mentioning leverage. Un doesn't give two sh!ts. There is no such thing as leverage here. There's not rational thought with him. His whole country will starve to death before he gives anything up.

You're joking right? "Hostage Diplomacy" has been a staple of North Korea for decades and they're still using it. They take Americans hostage, they use them as leverage for something they want, they release them, and then later they take more. It's accepted as a fact by most every foreign policy expert that I've heard.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-...-kim-uses-detained-americans-leverage-n754841

I won't argue that he's fine with starving his people, but he knows the long standing policy of taking prisoners.

This is WHY the State Department has basically mandated it illegal to travel to N Korea and pleads with Americans not to go. They can't protect them and likely will just end up in a jail cell as leverage for the regime later.

You're joking right? "Hostage Diplomacy" has been a staple of North Korea for decades and they're still using it. They take Americans hostage, they use them as leverage for something they want, they release them, and then later they take more. It's accepted as a fact by most every foreign policy expert that I've heard.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-...-kim-uses-detained-americans-leverage-n754841

I won't argue that he's fine with starving his people, but he knows the long standing policy of taking prisoners.

This is WHY the State Department has basically mandated it illegal to travel to N Korea and pleads with Americans not to go. They can't protect them and likely will just end up in a jail cell as leverage for the regime later.

I'm not really arguing that point though. There is no "end-game" to be had here. It will be that same cycle over and over again. No real solution is going to happen while that man is dictator.

I'm not really arguing that point though. There is no "end-game" to be had here. It will be that same cycle over and over again. No real solution is going to happen while that man is dictator.

Fair enough. We're staring down a situation where a murderous dictator maniac in a rouge hermit kingdom has deployable nuclear warheads. Given that, I think pretty much everything has to be on the table to stop or slow this. Including attempting a summit with the US President, even if futile.

North Korea released about a dozen hostages during Obama presidency so saying getting 3 released is some big accomplishment for Trump is so on brand.

ADVERTISEMENT