ADVERTISEMENT

North Korea suspends nuclear and missile testing

“We express our willingness to sit down face-to-face with the U.S. and resolve issues anytime and in any format,“ the statement read. ”Our commitment to doing our best for the sake of peace and stability for the world and the Korean Peninsula remains unchanged, and we are open-minded in giving time and opportunity to the U.S.”

Last edited:
It strikes me that most of this type of negotiation in the past happened behind closed doors and the reporters that knew what was going on didn’t report on it until they wrote their farewell books long after the fact. Now shit is plastered all over everywhere within an hour of it occurring. I don’t know if that’s a good evolution or a bad one.

“We express our willingness to sit down face-to-face with the U.S. and resolve issues anytime and in any format,“ the statement read. ”Our commitment to doing our best for the sake of peace and stability for the world and the Korean Peninsula remains unchanged, and we are open-minded in giving time and opportunity to the U.S.”
If Un is committed to resolving issues then he needs to act like it.

LOL at the pathetic US media going to the mat for a murderous dictator pissant since it gives them an opportunity to shit on Trump

And they wonder why people don’t trust them

Reactions: UCFWayne
Very good news to receive the warm and productive statement from North Korea. We will soon see where it will lead, hopefully to long and enduring prosperity and peace. Only time (and talent) will tell!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 25, 2018

Democrats are so obviously rooting against us in our negotiations with North Korea. Just like they are coming to the defense of MS 13 thugs, saying that they are individuals & must be nurtured, or asking to end your big Tax Cuts & raise your taxes instead. Dems have lost touch!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 25, 2018

LOL at the pathetic US media going to the mat for a murderous dictator pissant since it gives them an opportunity to shit on Trump

And they wonder why people don’t trust them
It is a reaction to Dumb f&$k not knowing what he is doing and talking about it all the time. Ever-f-body knew that a summit was NOT a good idea and told DF but he loves the headlines.

It is a reaction to Dumb f&$k not knowing what he is doing and talking about it all the time. Ever-f-body knew that a summit was NOT a good idea and told DF but he loves the headlines.
That great mass of “ever-f-body” hasn’t had a damn clue how to deal with that regime for decades and has not done a damn thing to stave off the human rights atrocities that have been going on there. So I don’t blame Trump for dismissing the traditional knowledge. Also, the back-and-forth has been interesting as hell. You also have to admit that Trump certainly is getting a different response than anyone else and has, at times, been the one driving Kim Jong Un’s actions rather than the other way around.

That great mass of “ever-f-body” hasn’t had a damn clue how to deal with that regime for decades and has not done a damn thing to stave off the human rights atrocities that have been going on there. So I don’t blame Trump for dismissing the traditional knowledge. Also, the back-and-forth has been interesting as hell. You also have to admit that Trump certainly is getting a different response than anyone else and has, at times, been the one driving Kim Jong Un’s actions rather than the other way around.
Kim is currently doing it on his own without Trump involved and you're still giving Trump credit.

Reactions: Danny DuhVito
Lulzzzzzz

Talking to yourself about a 100% off topic post that you came up with to deflect attention away from the fact that this and every other thread about ICMB's [sic] show you are a complete and utter moron on this subject.

Typical you.

Lulzzzzzz

No previous President has been remotely successful in dealing with North Korea, nor has anyone acted like they were ("Nobel! Nobel!"). Could Trump finally be the one? It'll be highly unlikely given the circumstances, but maybe! How about we wait until we actually get something out of this until we start dishing out praise?

Meeting with the leader of SK again today. Surprise meeting.

Well done Mr Trump!* Bravo sir!*

South Korea deserves no credit for this? The goal is to denuclearize north Korea, I don't care who makes that happen. If trump did, great. If China did, great if south Korea did, that probably is best. They're the ones who face the biggest threat so it seems like it should be their responsibility.

South Korea deserves no credit for this? The goal is to denuclearize north Korea, I don't care who makes that happen. If trump did, great. If China did, great if south Korea did, that probably is best. They're the ones who face the biggest threat so it seems like it should be their responsibility.

I think you are confused. Obviously SK deserves all the credit for this. Trump deserves none. All he's done is back out and actually probably hurt it with Pence's asinine "libya" comparisons.

I think you are confused. Obviously SK deserves all the credit for this. Trump deserves none. All he's done is back out and actually probably hurt it with Pence's asinine "libya" comparisons.
I'm not confused and don't give credit to trump on this. If north Korea disarms, it's to their own credit more than any other despite who may have convinced them or strong armed them into doing it. The goal is the same, regardless of who negotiates it but it's still up to Un to agree to something. If he does, it's because he wants to turn north Korea into something better than a 3rd world state. Props for that. If not, it's just the same as it ever was and there's no point in laying blame or credit at anyones feet

No previous President has been remotely successful in dealing with North Korea, nor has anyone acted like they were ("Nobel! Nobel!"). Could Trump finally be the one? It'll be highly unlikely given the circumstances, but maybe! How about we wait until we actually get something out of this until we start dishing out praise?

That’s not what I was addressing. Stop trying to cover for moron FC. He said that Obama was 100% superior in every way despite the fact that NKs largest nuclear developments came under Obama’s watch

Just hilarious. Lulz

That’s not what I was addressing. Stop trying to cover for moron FC. He said that Obama was 100% superior in every way despite the fact that NKs largest nuclear developments came under Obama’s watch

Just hilarious. Lulz

That is a highly debatable point considering NK it had been developing nuclear weapons well before Obama was President and performed it's first ever successful nuclear test in 2006.

Look, I'm not exactly trying to shit on Trump for the NK bullshit, or any other President before him for that matter. This is an incredibly difficult problem with no real good solutions, and the problem has existed for decades. It's not Trump's fault he inherited this problem, nor is it Obama's. I overall despise Trump, but I actually think engaging diplomatically and meeting personally with NK isn't at all a bad idea, considering literally nothing else before that has worked. Why not try it? Unfortunately, these meetings take a lot of time and work to plan for and tweeting about it doesn't exactly get us anywhere with it, and with a barely functioning State department it only makes this whole issue harder. Who knows how this will all turn out in the end, but I do think it is very dumb to lend praise to Trump or anyone else before him for literally accomplishing nothing so far. At least the precedent for trying to meet with NK has been set. Could you imagine Clinton or Obama trying to meet personally with NK? The far-right media would lose their freaking minds. Now if a future Democratic President wants to meet with NK, they literally cannot complain about it.

That is a highly debatable point considering NK it had been developing nuclear weapons well before Obama was President and performed it's first ever successful nuclear test in 2006.

Look, I'm not exactly trying to shit on Trump for the NK bullshit, or any other President before him for that matter. This is an incredibly difficult problem with no real good solutions, and the problem has existed for decades. It's not Trump's fault he inherited this problem, nor is it Obama's. I overall despise Trump, but I actually think engaging diplomatically and meeting personally with NK isn't at all a bad idea, considering literally nothing else before that has worked. Why not try it? Unfortunately, these meetings take a lot of time and work to plan for and tweeting about it doesn't exactly get us anywhere with it, and with a barely functioning State department it only makes this whole issue harder. Who knows how this will all turn out in the end, but I do think it is very dumb to lend praise to Trump or anyone else before him for literally accomplishing nothing so far. At least the precedent for trying to meet with NK has been set. Could you imagine Clinton or Obama trying to meet personally with NK? The far-right media would lose their freaking minds. Now if a future Democratic President wants to meet with NK, they literally cannot complain about it.

It’s all about the hilarious double standard from the peons suffering from TDS.

Just months ago we had lunatics on the left insisting that Trump was hell bent on waging war with NK.

For Gods sakes, recall these people pushing disgusting claims that Trump is mentally ill? Remember the leftie celebrities pushing for his removal from office? I do.

Yet now that Trump is trying to meet with Kim and seemingly avoid “WW3”, these same peons are attacking him for taking the meeting. It’s pathetic.

I agree that it’s a risk and it may not even work but at this point it’s worth a try. NK has weapons and they’re close to a missile to deploy it.

Just months ago we had lunatics on the left insisting that Trump was hell bent on waging war with NK.

For Gods sakes, recall these people pushing disgusting claims that Trump is mentally ill? Remember the leftie celebrities pushing for his removal from office? I do.

Yet now that Trump is trying to meet with Kim and seemingly avoid “WW3”, these same peons are attacking him for taking the meeting. It’s pathetic.

I agree that it’s a risk and it may not even work but at this point it’s worth a try. NK has weapons and they’re close to a missile to deploy it.

Trump is absolutely mentally ill. Did you not listen to his incoherent ramble on Fox and Friends?

You do realize that it was Trump leading the charge with some of the lowest, scummiest, dumbest accusations against Obama? Remember the whole birth certificate ordeal? And the Trump Tower wiretapping ordeal? He just said a bunch of bullshit, got some headlines, and never provided a lick of credible evidence supporting his claims and was ultimately proven wrong. And we rewarded him with the presidency. We've had a series of nut jobs on the right calling for the same things and worse against Obama in the past (see Ted Nugent). Those individuals are revered on the far right and end up as opinion leaders on Fox News. It's even more pathetic.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
You do realize that it was Trump leading the charge with some of the lowest, scummiest, dumbest accusations against Obama? Remember the whole birth certificate ordeal? And the Trump Tower wiretapping ordeal? He just said a bunch of bullshit, got some headlines, and never provided a lick of credible evidence supporting his claims and was ultimately proven wrong. And we rewarded him with the presidency. We've had a series of nut jobs on the right calling for the same things and worse against Obama in the past (see Ted Nugent). Those individuals are revered on the far right and end up as opinion leaders on Fox News. It's even more pathetic.

Ok- I don’t agree with Trump on any of those things. Never did I claim to. Here I thought this conversation was specifically about how Presidents have handled NK- little did I know we are going to branch this out like you did

Oh and Ted Nugent is revered on the right? LOL. Maybe to the hardcore 2A crowd. And that’s about it. This is like me claiming that Michael Moore is revered in the left. Is he? At least Nugent gave us good music though.

Ok- I don’t agree with Trump on any of those things. Never did I claim to. Here I thought this conversation was specifically about how Presidents have handled NK- little did I know we are going to branch this out like you did

Oh and Ted Nugent is revered on the right? LOL. Maybe to the hardcore 2A crowd. And that’s about it. This is like me claiming that Michael Moore is revered in the left. Is he? At least Nugent gave us good music though.

Nugent, despite being a madman, did give us good music, but the key word I said was that he is revered on the far right. I'm talking about the Fox and Friends/MAGA media crowd. And you were mentioning claims about celebrities accusing Trump of being mentally ill, so I figured the points I made fit quite well into that part of the conversation.

Nugent, despite being a madman, did give us good music, but the key word I said was that he is revered on the far right. I'm talking about the Fox and Friends/MAGA media crowd. And you were mentioning claims about celebrities accusing Trump of being mentally ill, so I figured the points I made fit quite well into that part of the conversation.

Nugent is one guy and while I love his hunting shows, he’s said some stupid shit.

The “mentally ill” line was pushed by prominent “journalists” in the MSM and pushed by most every leftie celebrity and pundit. Many Ds in Congress jumped in.

Maybe the summary here is that the far left is now the de facto position of the Democratic Party

a top north korean aide is on his way to new york for a meeting. damn trump has no clue what is going on....

We have put a great team together for our talks with North Korea. Meetings are currently taking place concerning Summit, and more. Kim Young Chol, the Vice Chairman of North Korea, heading now to New York. Solid response to my letter, thank you!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 29, 2018

Well in any matter your post makes you look like an idiot and I'm going to bump it every time the NK situation deteriorates.

[roll]

TOKYO — A top North Korean official is on his way to United States for talks with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo about a landmark summit between Kim Jong Un and President Trump, as efforts to the make the meeting happen go into overdrive.

Kim Yong Chol, a four-star general who has been at the forefront of North Korea’s diplomatic outreach, landed at Beijing Capital International Airport on Tuesday, according to television footage from the airport.

[roll]

TOKYO — A top North Korean official is on his way to United States for talks with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo about a landmark summit between Kim Jong Un and President Trump, as efforts to the make the meeting happen go into overdrive.

Kim Yong Chol, a four-star general who has been at the forefront of North Korea’s diplomatic outreach, landed at Beijing Capital International Airport on Tuesday, according to television footage from the airport.
Oh my god you think that trumps indecision, attempting to ruin ongoing talks, and then jumping back in when he fails to ruin them is a good thing.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Oh my god you think that trumps indecision, attempting to ruin ongoing talks, and then jumping back in when he fails to ruin them is a good thing.

In other words, you're supremely butthurt that his strategy worked.

They've toned down their rhetoric and are now sending a 4 star to Washington to personally plead for this meeting. Just like a rogue hermit nation should.

But please keep bumping every time it deteriorates [roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

This is political chess at its best. Trump needs to tread lightly, as the north koreans now have the upper hand. If he balks, he will be isolated from a group of countries who all want a denuclearized Korea. Agree to it and he may be viewed as giving in.

I think Trump is doing this back and forth just to mess with the lefties.

Meeting set with Kim - ARMAGEDDON!
Meeting cancelled with Kim - DOUBLE ARMAGEDDON!!
DPRK official coming to US - TRIPLE ARMAGEDDON!!!

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
I think Trump is doing this back and forth just to mess with the lefties.

Meeting set with Kim - ARMAGEDDON!
Meeting cancelled with Kim - DOUBLE ARMAGEDDON!!
DPRK official coming to US - TRIPLE ARMAGEDDON!!!

Your posts never cease to amaze me.

This is political chess at its best. Trump needs to tread lightly, as the north koreans now have the upper hand. If he balks, he will be isolated from a group of countries who all want a denuclearized Korea. Agree to it and he may be viewed as giving in.
Which is why 2-party talks are not always ideal. And in North Korea's case, this is how this non-sense started with Jimmy Carter in 1994.

We'll see. Trump is taking a huge chance here. At the same time, both Japan and South Korea recognize nothing good came out of the 6-party talks in the '00s.

I.e., they had far more distain for North Korea as a result than even Trump.

I know a number of South Koreans that are far more fearful of the Japanese than of North Koreans. The Japanese mistreated that populace horribly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT