ADVERTISEMENT

North Korea suspends nuclear and missile testing

Fair enough. We're staring down a situation where a murderous dictator maniac in a rouge hermit kingdom has deployable nuclear warheads. Given that, I think pretty much everything has to be on the table to stop or slow this. Including attempting a summit with the US President, even if futile.

Maybe all the Nobel Prize talk was premature though?

North Korea released about a dozen hostages during Obama presidency so saying getting 3 released is some big accomplishment for Trump is so on brand.

Again, it's sad that you view Americans coming home as merely a reason to try and piss on Trump.

"It's only 3! Who gives a shit about 3 Americans??"

Yeah - sorry Wayne - we got no where. It was never going to happen. They both just like attention.
it would appear that way but to say we got no where is false. when was the last time that the leader of NK met in person with the leader of SK? at least we were able to get our people back home. that was a victory.

im still hopeful they can come back together sometime in the future. we need china to put more pressure on un to get back to the negotiation table. im not counting on it though.

If you think that was well-written, I don't know what to tell you other than it was not.

What is the purpose of including this sentence? "We were informed that the meeting was requested by North Korea, but that to us is totally irrelevant." It doesn't make any sense.

How doesn't it? He's saying that he knows that North Korea was the one who asked for the meeting, but it doesn't matter who brought up the idea. It's an acknowledgement of the circumstances.

If you think that was well-written, I don't know what to tell you other than it was not.

What is the purpose of including this sentence? "We were informed that the meeting was requested by North Korea, but that to us is totally irrelevant." It doesn't make any sense.

It's just reminding Un that he is the one that asked for help, throwing it in his face a bit.

it would appear that way but to say we got no where is false. when was the last time that the leader of NK met in person with the leader of SK? at least we were able to get our people back home. that was a victory.

im still hopeful they can come back together sometime in the future. we need china to put more pressure on un to get back to the negotiation table. im not counting on it though.

It's was all just a dog and pony show. What did it actually get us? So, NK and SK met, what more came from it? Did anything substantial actually happen? Maybe I missed it (I'm not trying to be sarcastic).

How doesn't it? He's saying that he knows that North Korea was the one who asked for the meeting, but it doesn't matter who brought up the idea. It's an acknowledgement of the circumstances.
The sentence doesn't make sense in the context of the letter, especially saying the fact is "irrelevant." Plus, it's a poorly constructed thought. "We were informed" is overtly vague for no apparent reason. There were only two parties to the meeting, so who "informed" who should be explicitly known and a matter of fact. He's not saying that he knows NK asked for the meeting - he's saying he was told that. Why the vagary? Did he not know who actually requested the meeting?

Besides, Trump is the one canceling the meeting, not Un. Trump is clearly trying to blame Un for the cancellation. The fact that NK requested the meeting isn't irrelevant, since the US is the one canceling it.

It's was all just a dog and pony show. What did it actually get us? So, NK and SK met, what more came from it? Did anything substantial actually happen? Maybe I missed it (I'm not trying to be sarcastic).

They opened up a direct line between the leaders. Not sure it will ever matter but that is a pretty good step.

The sentence doesn't make sense in the context of the letter, especially saying the fact is "irrelevant." Plus, it's a poorly constructed thought. "We were informed" is overtly vague for no apparent reason. There were only two parties to the meeting, so who "informed" who should be explicitly known and a matter of fact. He's not saying that he knows NK asked for the meeting - he's saying he was told that. Why the vagary? Did he not know who actually requested the meeting?

Besides, Trump is the one canceling the meeting, not Un. Trump is clearly trying to blame Un for the cancellation. The fact that NK requested the meeting isn't irrelevant, since the US is the one canceling it.

We were informed because we don't have direct communication with them. It came via third party and it was made clear that the 3rd party wasn't the one trying to initiate the talks.

Reactions: fabknight
Every trump nut hugger is acting like this the first time this has ever happened.

Spoiler alert: its a pretty regular occurrence every 8-10 years, and we had a dozen prisoners returned under the last administration. Literally par for the course.

We were informed because we don't have direct communication with them. It came via third party and it was made clear that the 3rd party wasn't the one trying to initiate the talks.
Uhhh....the new Secretary of State had just gone there right before the announcement, which was made upon his return. That's pretty direct.

Three hostages were released.

Uhhh....the new Secretary of State had just gone there right before the announcement, which was made upon his return. That's pretty direct.

And the secretary of state didn't just up and fly to NK. A third party informed us that NK was wanting to meet with Trump. The secretary of state then went and assessed the situation. I don't know why this is hard to understand.

Three hostages were released.

Yes, I’m glad for that. I’m also not arguing against that. This wasn’t the 1st time hostages have been released.

All I’m saying is that the line wasn’t moved any further towards the end-game.

I’m not mad at Trump, I don’t think he did anything wrong, I just don’t think anything really happened either.

And the secretary of state didn't just up and fly to NK. A third party informed us that NK was wanting to meet with Trump. The secretary of state then went and assessed the situation. I don't know why this is hard to understand.

Pompeo just showed up and asked directions to the nearest Marriott property

I say we refuse to talk to either of the Koreas until they change how their naming works. Last name first, first name 2nd, middle name last. Plus they need to start using normal people names, like Jerry or Carl. I'd meet with someone named Kim il Carl or Moon Pie Jackson but there's no way I'm talking to a guy name Un or Jong. It just ain't right.

Yes, I’m glad for that. I’m also not arguing against that. This wasn’t the 1st time hostages have been released.

All I’m saying is that the line wasn’t moved any further towards the end-game.

I’m not mad at Trump, I don’t think he did anything wrong, I just don’t think anything really happened either.

You keep saying that, but three hostages were released, that IS something happening.

"Mr president, Korean leader Ban King Fraud is on the line."

Hang up the phone now. You do NOT want to talk to that guy.

Obama is 100% superior. He knew North Korea never wanted a good deal so he never even offered to talk to them.

Trump is so ignorant that it took him 35 days to figure out what every other president learns in their daily briefing while Trump watches fox and friends, that North Korea has no interest in giving up their nukes.

Keep praising Trump for going back on a deal that no informed president would have set up to begin with. He's a child learning as he goes how diplomacy works.

"Mr president we have a crisis in North Korea. Military leader Stin Ki Poo just had president Mi So Long arrested"

Gotta just steer clear of these guys.

Obama is 100% superior. He knew North Korea never wanted a good deal so he never even offered to talk to them.

Trump is so ignorant that it took him 35 days to figure out what every other president learns in their daily briefing while Trump watches fox and friends, that North Korea has no interest in giving up their nukes.

Keep praising Trump for going back on a deal that no informed president would have set up to begin with. He's a child learning as he goes how diplomacy works.

lol!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Does this clown know that NK's nuclear program made the biggest progress in its' history during Obama's watch?

lolololololololol

That’s not true. Obama was going to meet with Il and Fox News went bat shit over it. I’m way too lazy to google it or YouTube it but it’s not hard to find.

lol!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Does this clown know that NK's nuclear program made the biggest progress in its' history during Obama's watch?

lolololololololol
And dismantled their nuclear test sites during Trumps?

I don't think they're actually dismantling, just moving somewhere else. Their current test site is compromised by all the underground testing and the mountain is caving in on itself. They're putting on a show by blowing some stuff up.

Lol duffle blog kills it again

THE WHITE HOUSE — The Trump administration has minted several hundred military challenge coins to hand out to service members and dignitaries on the Korean peninsula to commemorate the upcoming failure of its US-North Korea peace summit, sources confirmed today.

The White House Communications Agency on Monday released photos of the coins, which feature President Donald Trump and Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un facing each other over text of “Peace Talks” — a reference to a summit between the two leaders set to take place in Singapore that will break down in “spectacular” fashion, according to defense officials.

“It will be the biggest and most beautiful failed peace negotiation of all time,” Trump told reporters. “Way better than Obama, let me tell you. Believe me.”

The historic meeting between the two leaders is currently in the final planning stages, senior White House officials said. Among the topics Trump and Kim are set to discuss is their taste in women, who has better hair, whether The Walking Dead is any good this season, and if time allows, nuclear disarmament.

In various emails and press statements, The White House in the past week has boasted of what it has called an “incredibly historic and successful failure” to come, which it says will demonstrate President Trump’s dealmaking skill and ability to project an image of success amid an objectively crushing defeat.

According to officials, the coins for the summit are to be distributed to a lucky few that are close to the negotiation, soldiers providing security, and former NBA basketball player Dennis Rodman, who will be the master of ceremonies and jello wrestling referee during the meeting.

Not intended for readers under 18 years of age. © 2018 Duffel Media LLC. All rights reserved.

https://www.duffelblog.com/2018/05/...e upcoming failed US-North Korea peace summit

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT