ADVERTISEMENT

North Korea suspends nuclear and missile testing

Reactions: UCFWayne
TELEMMGLPICT000166093772_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqH-5lxhoap2Ph06s6LG6IF_HOW7omAuRE6oa4uWF1QtI.jpeg

TELEMMGLPICT000166093339_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq1ke4BK-zb_Zwill9XROpnJeNnWGVRHxjVC-iJstG6w4.jpeg

I was just thinking how badly 85 and other "bipartisan" morons on this board would be slamming Obama if he agreed to give up US military exercises in exchange for nothing.

Absolutely hypocrisy.

Well, fortunately trump didnt bring pallets of cash to give Kim in exchange for a thinly veiled promise.

Lets compare. Iran has admitted to facilitating 9/11 and we gave them a boatload of cash. North Korea has taken US citizens hostage and we agreed to stop exercises with South Korea, which does nothing for us

Who is talking about Iran? The exercises are a crucial part in our readiness in that AOR, and evidently cancelling them caught the ROK off guard.

Lets compare. Iran has admitted to facilitating 9/11 and we gave them a boatload of cash. North Korea has taken US citizens hostage and we agreed to stop exercises with South Korea, which does nothing for us

What? When did this come out about Iran and 9/11? That doesn’t even make sense seeing as al-Qaeda is Sunni organization and Iran a Shia state.

Reactions: Danny DuhVito
Scroll down the page.

The only places reporting on this are conspiracy theory websites and the Washington Free Beacon, which is less than a reliable source of information. Iran is definitely a state sponsor of terror, but a Shia state facilitating a Sunni organization that would just as likely kill them is far fetched. Besides, wouldn't this have come out in the 9/11 commission or some other time, not 17 years later.

I don't buy it.

I was just thinking how badly 85 and other "bipartisan" morons on this board would be slamming Obama if he agreed to give up US military exercises in exchange for nothing.

Absolutely hypocrisy.

Speaking only for myself here - the difference (again, to me) is I trust that if President Trump isn't happy with the way things turn out here, he won't draw an imaginary red line then do nothing. Cancelling joint exercises is a show of good faith on our end to attempt to get what we want, if it doesn't work they can easily start the exercises again.

This needs to be seen by every American. This is just as disturbing as the clip about Sinclair Broadcasting. I know there are dozens of other videos about Fox like this one too. The damage cable news has done to our country, ESPECIALLY the propaganda spewed by Fox News, is undeniable and so deep at this point. They put the Republican party over country, and have convinced many of their millions of viewers to do the same, as they parrot the talking heads.

Speaking only for myself here - the difference (again, to me) is I trust that if President Trump isn't happy with the way things turn out here, he won't draw an imaginary red line then do nothing. Cancelling joint exercises is a show of good faith on our end to attempt to get what we want, if it doesn't work they can easily start the exercises again.

I appreciate the honesty, still think my point is correct. I don't know wtf Trump did to inspire that kind trust.

This needs to be seen by every American. This is just as disturbing as the clip about Sinclair Broadcasting. I know there are dozens of other videos about Fox like this one too. The damage cable news has done to our country, ESPECIALLY the propaganda spewed by Fox News, is undeniable and so deep at this point. They put the Republican party over country, and have convinced many of their millions of viewers to do the same, as they parrot the talking heads.

WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!! FOX NEWS IS EVIL AND RIGHT WING!!!!!!! I JUST DISCOVERED THIS!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,

Boob and the rest of the TNC

Reactions: NinjaKnight

From NEWSMAX of all places... “They're harboring al-Qaida leadership there, and we've asked that they be turned over to their respective countries,” the president said once the report was released. But he reiterated the careful denial of acting CIA director John McLaughlin. "There was no direct connection between Iran and the attacks of Sept. 11,” Bush said.

Probably at least somewhat true, although the same can be said of several left leaning stations. It's all $$/ratings.

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
I appreciate the honesty, still think my point is correct. I don't know wtf Trump did to inspire that kind trust.

I'm sure I haven't read/listened to as much as a lot of people on here have but from what I have seen we haven't given up anything that we can't take back. We're not far removed from NK shooting rockets over Japan and bragging about how they can strike the continental United States, I'm all for a few concessions to destroy their missile and nuclear programs.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Probably at least somewhat true, although the same can be said of several left leaning stations. It's all $$/ratings.

BBC News is about all I watch. CNN, MSNBC, FOX, are all just horseshit reality TV. "YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT TRUMP JUST SAID!!!! DETAILS AFTER THIS COMMERCIAL BREAK!!!"

Supposedly, this "movie trailer" style video was played at the beginning of the summit. It certainly plays to Un's vanity. If this a all helped sway NK into doing anything, I'd say it's a win.

exactly. i dont like it, but its just for this year. doesnt say anything about 2019. i still dont trust nk but considering that this is the closest weve actually come to something being done, im willing to try and make it work. clearly trump has shown if he doesnt like the way something is going, he will make a change immediately.

i have a feeling the agreements will have definitely more concrete terms than anything obama had with iran. also he didnt need to park a couple pallets full of cash to make it happen, or ask banks to a launder money for nk, or allow their state sponsored terrorist organization to run drugs to our country.

Supposedly, this "movie trailer" style video was played at the beginning of the summit. It certainly plays to Un's vanity. If this a all helped sway NK into doing anything, I'd say it's a win.

Stuff like this gives me quite a bit of confidence that Trump knows what he's doing. First, he made it known that Un has not earned his respect. Then he doubled down on that message when he cancelled the meeting. When they actually did meet, Trump essentially was offering not only his own respect but the respect of the world if Un is willing to make it happen.

Pretty smart negotiating.

Stuff like this gives me quite a bit of confidence that Trump knows what he's doing. First, he made it known that Un has not earned his respect. Then he doubled down on that message when he cancelled the meeting. When they actually did meet, Trump essentially was offering not only his own respect but the respect of the world if Un is willing to make it happen.

Pretty smart negotiating.
he should consider writing a book about negotiating*

Reactions: fabknight
Whether this is a negotiation tactic or not, there are some big issues with cancelling an event like UFG 2018 (and KR as well, even though that is less of a maneuver exercise). Most of the servicemen that we deal with are only deployed to Korea for a short time (a year or so). The regular UFG exercise keeps some minimum level of effectiveness and provides training ops for newly deployed units/soldiers. Preparations begin early and move for a while; I've been there as early as May installing, upgrading, and training systems and CONOPS and I was closer to the end of the ramp-up than the beginning.

In addition, this is done concurrent to the Spring training of the North Korean forces and provides a strong deterrent to their exercises. Why is this important? Because those are mobilization exercises for the North and they are fully able to press forth a substantial attack at the end of their exercises. UFG puts pieces in place to mount a defense to any incursion while also providing continuity of operations training.

So hopefully this bargaining piece is not thrown away on a whim for no reason but, rather, provides a good stimulus to some softening of the confrontational posture from the North. Because it is a substantial chip in its own right.

disgraceful

+1

Trump was now caught saluting a N Korean military general.

Meanwhile, In 2009 during his first visit to Japan as president, Barack Obama bowed deeply from the waist when greeting Japanese Emperor Akihito, eliciting criticism from conservatives who said the gesture projected weakness on the world stage.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Trump was now caught saluting a N Korean military general.

Meanwhile, In 2009 during his first visit to Japan as president, Barack Obama bowed deeply from the waist when greeting Japanese Emperor Akihito, eliciting criticism from conservatives who said the gesture projected weakness on the world stage.

Was he returning a salute? If so nothing shameful about that, it would be rude to not return a salute. I do remember the japenese event, pretty much the pinnacle of Obama's scandals, according to fox news.

Was he returning a salute? If so nothing shameful about that, it would be rude to not return a salute. I do remember the japenese event, pretty much the pinnacle of Obama's scandals, according to fox news.

The ultimate salute was HW puking all over the table in Japan. It was a sign of respect that only comes from a true statesman

The ultimate salute was HW puking all over the table in Japan. It was a sign of respect that only comes from a true statesman

I'm pretty sure that is how you pay compliments to the chef over there. Truly an ambassador ahead of his time.

I love the outrage from the TDS people who all ASSURED me that trump wanted WW3 with them just 5 months ago.

Now- OMG he didn’t do something perfectly! Screw him!!!!

Absolutely hilarious

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT