ADVERTISEMENT

Not ANOTHER One!!!

Well.... guaranteed given time Randy Shannon without recruit that whole Nebraska staff

Hey why not? Free flight and a couple buffet meals at the local Golden Corral? After he walks back in 20 degree weather from the local watering hole, he'll be ready early Sunday morning in getting back to sunshine and bikinis.

you forgot...hurricanes, high humidity, sink holes, mosquito's, cockroaches the size of Ethiopia, and of course fire ants...just another day in paradise!

Is this unprecedented? An entire coaching staff (every single last staff member) that is actively recruiting against a school is also the same exact coaching staff that is in charge of preparing said program for a major bowl game. It's almost like if your company's leadership team all left for another company that you are competing for a contract with, but they agree to come back and help put together your contract bid.

I am also a lifelong Notre Dame fan. Trust me, when these Florida kids hit that weather in December, things get put in perspective pretty damn quick. They'll get some. They wont get enough. And some they get won't stay.

Reactions: ProAttitude
why are no Mizzo commit looking to come to Orlando? Did JH not have his hands in recruiting at Mizzo?

From an ancient June article.

McGriff Is Two Feet in With UCF
BRADENTON, Fla. -- There is no drama surrounding the recruitment of the 17th-ranked tight end in the South, Justin McGriff, who is all in with UCF.

Ex-HC you are an ass. Stay the hell away from UCF.

why are no Mizzo commit looking to come to Orlando? Did JH not have his hands in recruiting at Mizzo?
Maybe he's not that kind of D-bag? Maybe he thinks he can get recruits from the availability here? Lots of "what ifs" before making any assumptions as to why? Plus, he's only been here like 3 days.

I am also a lifelong Notre Dame fan. Trust me, when these Florida kids hit that weather in December, things get put in perspective pretty damn quick. They'll get some. They wont get enough. And some they get won't stay.
What happens if a Florida kid gets drafted by one of the 18 cold weather NFL teams? Do they just puss out and say they can’t handle it? Curious how they handle the desolate, barren, cold, unknown territories in the north.

Maybe he's not that kind of D-bag? Maybe he thinks he can get recruits from the availability here? Lots of "what ifs" before making any assumptions as to why? Plus, he's only been here like 3 days.
Why would a P5 player switch to a G5 school just because his coordinator left? You guys better not hold your breathe for that to happen. You really think you are going to get ANY Florida or Missouri players because their coordinators are at UCF? You are dreamin.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
From an ancient June article.

McGriff Is Two Feet in With UCF
BRADENTON, Fla. -- There is no drama surrounding the recruitment of the 17th-ranked tight end in the South, Justin McGriff, who is all in with UCF.

Ex-HC you are an ass. Stay the hell away from UCF.
How did Mizzou use their TEs? Maybe if they aren't a big part of offense it would be smart not to come here. GOL rarely used them and he was Pro Style.

What happens if a Florida kid gets drafted by one of the 18 cold weather NFL teams? Do they just puss out and say they can’t handle it? Curious how they handle the desolate, barren, cold, unknown territories in the north.
I’m not sure. Ask Breshad Perriman. He hated the cold

Additionally, when it’s yoyr profession and you’re getting paid millions, you deal with it

We are talking the elite players. The best of the best

How did Mizzou use their TEs? Maybe if they aren't a big part of offense it would be smart not to come here. GOL rarely used them and he was Pro Style.
I believe that he uses them a lot, but we are losing our top 3 to graduation. Big hit that we are taking, but a new recruit can get some immediate PT

JH is walking into a clown car of talent. Frost is walking into a 4-8 team full of slow midwestern kids. He needs to do this type of stuff more than JH.

And to be real, Frost is offering kids getting G5 offers a P5 offer. JH would be offering kids getting P5 and other SEC offers a G5 offer. I'm as proud of UCF as anyone, but there is a difference.

you forgot...hurricanes, high humidity, sink holes, mosquito's, cockroaches the size of Ethiopia, and of course fire ants...just another day in paradise!

Hurricanes = nature's tree trimmer
High Humidity = this is why we have younger looking people here
Sink Holes = Ok, these do suck
Mosquitos = not in Orlando, maybe South Florida
Cockroaches = Palmetto bugs? They are our underground labor force
Fire Ants = land mines for neighbors

Why would a P5 player switch to a G5 school just because his coordinator left? You guys better not hold your breathe for that to happen. You really think you are going to get ANY Florida or Missouri players because their coordinators are at UCF? You are dreamin.
Playing time for one..... UCF program for another and a chance to have better exposure then Mizzo. Really when was the last time you saw Mizzo play on TV?

JH is walking into a clown car of talent. Frost is walking into a 4-8 team full of slow midwestern kids. He needs to do this type of stuff more than JH.

And to be real, Frost is offering kids getting G5 offers a P5 offer. JH would be offering kids getting P5 and other SEC offers a G5 offer. I'm as proud of UCF as anyone, but there is a difference.
But more playing right away at UCF for those "P5" talent. SF talking UCF recruits doesnt help him....those guys didnt get many if any P5 offers to begin with now they will from SF....good luck with that.

It's not just the weather. It's the lack of diversity - racially, politically, and otherwise. It's the fact that there is nothing to do whatsoever, unless you like shucking corn as a hobby.

Add to the fact that NU fans will throw players under the bus at any and every opportunity, any recruit can throw all that 'family' nonsense the coaches will preach out the window.

Hurricanes = nature's tree trimmer
High Humidity = this is why we have younger looking people here
Sink Holes = Ok, these do suck
Mosquitos = not in Orlando, maybe South Florida
Cockroaches = Palmetto bugs? They are our underground labor force
Fire Ants = land mines for neighbors

Ok, props on the positive attitude. I seriously laughed out loud at fire ants being landmines. We have very few of them in Nebraska but I stepped on one at the lake this summer and that single frigging thing made my foot sore for 2 days.

Reactions: Miltonian
It's not just the weather. It's the lack of diversity - racially, politically, and otherwise. It's the fact that there is nothing to do whatsoever, unless you like shucking corn as a hobby.

Add to the fact that NU fans will throw players under the bus at any and every opportunity, any recruit can throw all that 'family' nonsense the coaches will preach out the window.

You haven't been to lincoln apparently. Id venture to guess that lincoln is as racially diverse as Orlando, and politically lincoln is the biggest outlier in the state. While the rest of the state is very conservative, lincoln is traditionally a liberal city.

You haven't been to lincoln apparently. Id venture to guess that lincoln is as racially diverse as Orlando, and politically lincoln is the biggest outlier in the state. While the rest of the state is very conservative, lincoln is traditionally a liberal city.
So Lincoln has big pockets of Vietnamese, Puerto Rican, Brazilian and Jamaican people? I doubt it.

Orlando: 40.5% White
Lincoln: 86% White

Yeah im going to say that you guys aren't racially diverse......

Playing time for one..... UCF program for another and a chance to have better exposure then Mizzo. Really when was the last time you saw Mizzo play on TV?
Every weekend I see pretty much every team. People say that about UCF too. I rarely watched Mizzou but they were on.

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
That's the stupidest argument Mid West teams bring up. Players choose the school in College, in the Pros they don't get that choice. And College is a once in a lifetime experience that frankly is just more fun in warmer climates. Why do you think Florida State has top 10 recruiting classes every year regardless of who the coach is?

Look up the teams leading the top draft picks in the NFL. Look at where the 4 Playoff teams are located geographically, 3 are within reasonable driving distance of Atlanta. Time and Demographics have changed.

Frost will try to poach UCF guys but they still have to visit and want to be there by signing day. But trying to poach our Top 50 Class will not be enough to beat Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh.

Ok, props on the positive attitude. I seriously laughed out loud at fire ants being landmines. We have very few of them in Nebraska but I stepped on one at the lake this summer and that single frigging thing made my foot sore for 2 days.

I’m waiting for the positive spin on blizzards, tornados, cornfields and boredom!

So Lincoln has big pockets of Vietnamese, Puerto Rican, Brazilian and Jamaican people? I doubt it.

Total population of minorities isn't a good measure of diversity. Lincoln has a lot of Hispanic, southeast Asian, Chinese, and black owned businesses and influential people. It isn't a situation where there are pockets of them that are disconnected from the rest of the community like on the west coast, it's very much interactive. I don't live in lincoln but on a day to day basis my business has interaction with people of Hispanic, Asian, and Kenyan descent.

None of this really matters when it comes to college football quite honestly though. I don't think players in general have much time or interest in exploring other cultures or that it is a significant factor in choosing a school. My only reason for responding is that I don't like the narrative that Nebraska is cold, culturally sterile, or that there isn't anything to do here. Each state is different and good in different ways. Nebraska is no better or worse than Florida, New York, Oregon, or wisconsin. Just different.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
I’m waiting for the positive spin on blizzards, tornados, cornfields and boredom!

Blizzards are fun actually. The cold isn't bad when you are used to it. I'd rather be on a Mexican beach than scoop snow but it is beautiful and fun when we get a snow storm. Tornadoes are AWESOME. Obviously you don't want one to hit your house but it almost never happens and I we almost never have fatalities from them, maybe 2 or 3 in the last 20 years. Cornfields are beautiful up until the last part of September when they turn brown and dry down and then it's a little depressing looking at the landscape but it's just part of life here. We have some of the most beautiful sunsets in the country, even more colorful than Arizona or west Texas. People are nice and friendly and we leave our doors unlocked because you don't worry about crime. Obviously it's something that an individual embraces on different levels but it isn't a barren, boring wasteland like some would have you believe.

It's Mizzou not Mizzo and they were on national TV as much as UCF. Is UCF a better program right now... yes, but you can't beat SEC exposure so saying we have better pub is wrong.

Tornados are worse then Hurricanes especially since there is almost no warning when and where it will touch down. Sink holes can form anywhere the best footage I ever seen of one happened in Kentucky at the Corvette Museum. Most non floridans don't know the difference between a cockroach and a Palmetto Bug. Of course both are a nuisance. Can't argue fire ants just don't step on their nest. If you do then start stripping down fast and use toothpaste and any bites that you get. Good pest control on your property will keep in check those last two. I think the population numbers speak for themselves. There is a reason why so many people retire to Florida and why others come here. It is paradise and this paradise keeps growing.

Reactions: KnightLife1

Money dumbass...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT