ADVERTISEMENT

Not ANOTHER One!!!

Don't forget no income tax and very low property tax in FL.

ne has low property taxes ONLY if you have a farm...everyone else covers the slack for them.

That's the stupidest argument Mid West teams bring up. Players choose the school in College, in the Pros they don't get that choice. And College is a once in a lifetime experience that frankly is just more fun in warmer climates. Why do you think Florida State has top 10 recruiting classes every year regardless of who the coach is?

Look up the teams leading the top draft picks in the NFL. Look at where the 4 Playoff teams are located geographically, 3 are within reasonable driving distance of Atlanta. Time and Demographics have changed.

Frost will try to poach UCF guys but they still have to visit and want to be there by signing day. But trying to poach our Top 50 Class will not be enough to beat Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh.
Yes. And those who do follow the Frost overtures to Nebraska may live to regret it. Four years of struggling (in the cold) to be 7-5 in the Big10 and get into the Corn Flakes Bowl at best...vs. playing and living in the sunshine, with a legitimate annual chance to play in a NY6 Day game with UCF.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Tornados are worse then Hurricanes especially since there is almost no warning when and where it will touch down. Sink holes can form anywhere the best footage I ever seen of one happened in Kentucky at the Corvette Museum. Most non floridans don't know the difference between a cockroach and a Palmetto Bug. Of course both are a nuisance. Can't argue fire ants just don't step on their nest. If you do then start stripping down fast and use toothpaste and any bites that you get. Good pest control on your property will keep in check those last two. I think the population numbers speak for themselves. There is a reason why so many people retire to Florida and why others come here. It is paradise and this paradise keeps growing.

You forgot the nasty humidity, traffic jams and swamps with mosquitos!

Yes. And those who do follow the Frost overtures to Nebraska may live to regret it. Four years of struggling (in the cold) to be 7-5 in the Big10 and get into the Corn Flakes Bowl at best...vs. playing and living in the sunshine, with a legitimate annual chance to play in a NY6 Day game with UCF.

it's like some of these Nebraska fans have never followed recruiting before. There is always a 'first wave' of excitement and they will possibly get a first class out of it but once a full year settles in opinions may change. Especially if Year 1 is 5-7 and some start getting homesick during those long winters up there. There have been Florida High School coaches that have warned their kids about this when making their choice. What Willie Taggart & Cristobal did briefly on the recruiting trail at Oregon is more of the exception than the rule & both of them are much better recruiters than Frost. Or maybe he's the next Urban Meyer that can do it anywhere, we'll see.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Tornados are worse then Hurricanes especially since there is almost no warning when and where it will touch down. Sink holes can form anywhere the best footage I ever seen of one happened in Kentucky at the Corvette Museum. Most non floridans don't know the difference between a cockroach and a Palmetto Bug. Of course both are a nuisance. Can't argue fire ants just don't step on their nest. If you do then start stripping down fast and use toothpaste and any bites that you get. Good pest control on your property will keep in check those last two. I think the population numbers speak for themselves. There is a reason why so many people retire to Florida and why others come here. It is paradise and this paradise keeps growing.

Don't oversell the danger of tornadoes. You obviously don't want to be in the path of one but they aren't hard to steer away from as long as it's not coming at your house. One of the funnest things we do in the late spring is go out and chase storms hoping a tornado will form. Rarely does, but when they do it's pretty cool to watch.

Why would a P5 player switch to a G5 school just because his coordinator left? You guys better not hold your breathe for that to happen. You really think you are going to get ANY Florida or Missouri players because their coordinators are at UCF? You are dreamin.
To be honest Kyle, your post raises a pertinent question for which the answer will vary depending on the athlete and the family which he comes from. Some choose UCF over a P5 school due to playing time considerations, some because it may be closer to their home, some enjoy the experience when visiting the campus, i.e. interaction with players and coaches and the look and feel of the place, some like the weather, some the size of the school, related academic options, campus life and the energy of the city. So to answer your question as to why? It's hard to give an answer that represents all. But there are answers that lead them here.

In the last two years, UCF has welcomed to campus P5 football transfers from University of Alabama (2), Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Boston College, Oregon and North Carolina. All were on those campuses for one or two years but transferred to UCF and are currently on roster with us here. We have countless athletes on our roster who chose UCF as Freshmen despite offers from P5 schools such as USC, Georgia, Florida, Georgia Tech, Syracuse, Illinois, Purdue, Mississippi State, NC State and others. Those are just a few of actual schools which we outrecruited for current roster talent (not just random schools mentioned).

So yes, your point is valid, and in many cases we will lose out to a P5, just as P5's also lose recruiting battles to other P5's. But we will win many as well and the reasons we will win them overall, include that there are many positives, objective and subjective, about being in this program, on this campus and in Orlando.

Last edited:
Reactions: Psycho Jim

You forgot the nasty humidity, traffic jams and swamps with mosquitos!

Reactions: onetwocheck
Don't oversell the danger of tornadoes. You obviously don't want to be in the path of one but they aren't hard to steer away from as long as it's not coming at your house. One of the funnest things we do in the late spring is go out and chase storms hoping a tornado will form. Rarely does, but when they do it's pretty cool to watch.
I was in a tornado when I was a kid. No need to relive that expiernce by chasing them. You do know Tornados on average kill more people in the United States than hurricanes do. Since most of the most dangerous tornados occur in tornado alley where the population is less than costal regions that makes that quite a telling number. You can argue your point all day long, but facts don't support your claims of me overselling the dangers.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Yeah 500,000 of them speak no english, and the other 500,000 where adult diapers...congratulations Florida!
Post a source. Otherwise you are just jealous because you can't escape Nebraska on the back of your goat because you 300ld sister/wife can't fit on it.

Scott Frost, the entire UCF coaching staff, and guess what, recruits from florida!

BAZINGA
Scott Frost didn't WANT to move to Nebraska. His Dad wanted him to coach at Nebraska. Scott said as much, that his Dad's dream of his son coaching Nebraska is Scott's main reason for going to coach there. Scott was crying about the decision to leave UCF and Orlando. He even said he is not selling his house in Orlando. How many Nebraska coaches do you think will keep their house in Nebraska after leaving town for another gig elsewhere?

His staff does not WANT to be in Nebraska, they are willing to endure it to double their paychecks.

If you have to seek multiple recruits from Florida, that doesn't say much about the talent pool in Nebraska.

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Yeah 500,000 of them speak no english, and the other 500,000 where adult diapers...congratulations Florida!
I guess you conveniently missed the other 19 or so million that live in a state with enough $$$ to buy you and all of your ancestors 40 and a mule.

Jesus this board is a shit show. Nebraska losers over here talking crap, and ucf fans acting like babies. my states better no mine is. grow the hell up. I have lived in the south, southwest, Midwest, and currently live in saddle river, nj. By far the best place I have ever lived was Colorado, guess what...it snows there.

Ryan Bass thinks he flips to Nebraska this weekend
No chance!

It's too cold in Nebraska. There are too many white people there. There's nothing but coenfields in the state. Orlando is exponentially better than Lincoln. There is ZERO chance a recruit will choose NU over UCF after visiting both places.

I happen to like Spanish food.

I mean, I eat corn flakes for breakfast, and popcorn at the movies, but ethanol tears motors up. That $h!t should be banned.

No chance!

It's too cold in Nebraska. There are too many white people there. There's nothing but coenfields in the state. Orlando is exponentially better than Lincoln. There is ZERO chance a recruit will choose NU over UCF after visiting both places.

He didn't commit to Nebraska during his visit. Bass thinks he flips there but he is going on his Official Visit to UCF next weekend(15th). I'm sure he loves the coaches but him not immediately flipping actually says a lot.

Reactions: Mikesi
If I’m a High school kid and I’m visiting Nebraska in the winter and Orlando right now, I’m saying hell no to Nebraska

The campus is beautiful and the coeds are amazing. These kids have hormones and once they see the talent, they will be hooked.

Screw Nebraska. Nothing better there than at UCF, except a coaches salary and the nearly impossible to reach playoffs

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
If I’m a High school kid and I’m visiting Nebraska in the winter and Orlando right now, I’m saying hell no to Nebraska

The campus is beautiful and the coeds are amazing. These kids have hormones and once they see the talent, they will be hooked.

Screw Nebraska. Nothing better there than at UCF, except a coaches salary and the nearly impossible to reach playoffs

The talent off the field is as good as the talent on the field. #P6 level talent.

Yeah but you're NOT an athlete! I doubt you have an athletic bone in you unless you're dating one of the players. You can trash talk all you want little fella but in reality these kids will flock to NU! GBR!

Reactions: Husker-NJ
He didn't commit to Nebraska during his visit. Bass thinks he flips there but he is going on his Official Visit to UCF next weekend(15th). I'm sure he loves the coaches but him not immediately flipping actually says a lot.
I know this football thing and following recruiting is new to a lot of you guys. Not sure if you realize official visits go from Friday-Sunday. McGriff visit just started last night. He'll flip this weekend.

Yeah but you're NOT an athlete! I doubt you have an athletic bone in you unless you're dating one of the players. You can trash talk all you want little fella but in reality these kids will flock to NU! GBR!
Are we talking high school recruits or rivals board posters? If you have anything to do with Nebraska then obviously you’re not athletic. That’s why you have to recruit Florida chubby

Doubt very many will flock to that hell from Florida. Have you checked how many Florida kids were on your roster this year? No.... I didn’t think so

Go away!

No chance!

You want to place a wager on that? Face it, UCF is going to the back of the line in Florida.

Are we talking high school recruits or rivals board posters? If you have anything to do with Nebraska then obviously you’re not athletic. That’s why you have to recruit Florida chubby

Doubt very many will flock to that hell from Florida. Have you checked how many Florida kids were on your roster this year? No.... I didn’t think so

Go away!
because riley didn't go after them. Too many delinquents from Florida but Coach Frost knows which ones to go after. Nice try cutie but you're just pissed that your team is about to tank.

Nebraska+is+racist+but+not+to+your+face+dr+heckle+funny+wtf+signs.jpg

I know this football thing and following recruiting is new to a lot of you guys. Not sure if you realize official visits go from Friday-Sunday. McGriff visit just started last night. He'll flip this weekend.
How often do you show recruits your heisman room and the video that goes along with it, for the recruit to then ask “whys the picture quality so bad?” And your only response is “well they didn’t have HD 40 years ago.” That and your dusty trophies aren’t flipping any recruits!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT