ADVERTISEMENT

NovaVax Gets 1.6B for Corona Vaccine

Kind of an interesting thought I read elsewhere:

Since there is so much hope that the trial vaccines are working and will be in mass production in just a few months, why not just go ahead and administer it to the elderly and at-risk population right now?

Moderna and Pfizer vaccines have shown antibody production. We will have a vaccine for this before the year is out.

So if we just stay safe for a few months far fewer people have to die.
Effff that! I have a right as an American to go bars and clubs!

Seems to me like the White Houses' Operation Warp Speed is doing exactly what it set out to do. Fantastic streamlining of private sector speed and public regulation coordination to get these vaccines on the fastest track possible.

I'll wait until it actually happens.

Until what happens? They are already through phase 1 human trials. Unless you're saying that you're going to blame Trump if the vaccine doesn't pan out, which I guess would make sense since he is blamed for everything else.

Until what happens? They are already through phase 1 human trials. Unless you're saying that you're going to blame Trump if the vaccine doesn't pan out, which I guess would make sense since he is blamed for everything else.
Until the vaccine is available and works. I've learned not to be misled by news articles of Trump's rhetoric that never actually happen (Carrier jobs, trade deals, Free Mexican wall, Coronavirus, etc.)

Until the vaccine is available and works. I've learned not to be misled by news articles of Trump's rhetoric that never actually happen (Carrier jobs, trade deals, Free Mexican wall, Coronavirus, etc.)

What if I told you that the fact that completing Phase 1 Human Trials in 5 months and the Moderna CEO publishing trial results of his COVID vaccine is not "Trump's rhetoric"?

Vaccine results have been great. That's why its a shame we went with the herd immunity path when a few more months of acting carefully would have saved thousands of lives. This will be done in January either way so we could have either had 100M dead or 200M dead. We took the wrong path and 100M people will be gone for no reason.

Phase 2 completion at the end of the month I believe. All showed antibodies to fight the Wuhan flu
I thought the antibodies only last a couple of months? How is the vaccine going to produce antibodies that last long term?

I thought the antibodies only last a couple of months? How is the vaccine going to produce antibodies that last long term?
It makes more antibodies than just getting the virus is what we know. We have no idea on how persistent they are.

There haven’t been that many studies. The Chinese study that made that conclusion only studied 37 people. Everything is still very new and scientists don’t really have a lot of hard and firm understanding yet. Which is totally contrary to how absolutely certain the general public is that they know everything about this virus, on either side of the debate.

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
It makes more antibodies than just getting the virus is what we know. We have no idea on how persistent they are.
Not saying that you're wrong, but where did you hear that? Is this a deal where more adjuvants produce a stronger response? That could be an issue.

Not saying that you're wrong, but where did you hear that? Is this a deal where more adjuvants produce a stronger response? That could be an issue.
This was from the press release of the Pfizer and BioNTech collaboration a couple weeks back

Did they mention side effects or how they are accomplishing it?
Fevers I believe. About 50% got them but they weren't significant. Both vaccines show promise and I think we should start mass producing them now. For the first 2 vaccines to both show antibodies is huge. It looks like the RNA option will be first to market and we might see a different or better option in the future as we deal with annual mutations for the rest of our lives like we do with the flu.

Vaccine results have been great. That's why its a shame we went with the herd immunity path when a few more months of acting carefully would have saved thousands of lives. This will be done in January either way so we could have either had 100M dead or 200M dead. We took the wrong path and 100M people will be gone for no reason.

CDC begs to differ, unless of course you are disagreeing with them just because

CDC differs on what?

That we took the wrong path.

“Redfield defended the U.S. coronavirus response, saying that initial projections estimated that the virus could have killed up to 2.4 million people in the U.S. He added that “while not perfect,” the U.S. response has “really made an impact.” Specifically, he praised President Donald Trump’s decision to suspend travel to and from China, even though the virus was also beginning to spread to the U.S. from parts of Europe by then. An analysis of the virus strains found in New York City and elsewhere later showed that the outbreak was seeded primarily by travelers from Europe, not China.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/14/cdc...n-coronavirus-cases-not-state-reopenings.html

So before you say “vaccine vs herd immunity” vaccines were not a quick option and we not going to be so we had a good response (per the cdc) while the vaccine lagged behind, like they always do. Now we pivot to the Better choice, since It is available.

Yeah, im going to differ with them. I have said since the beginning that we botched the early testing and containment as well as had intentionally bad messaging from the country's leadership. All we had to do was limit exposure for a few more weeks and we would have had nearly no cases for the reopen which would have bought us time for the vaccine. We reopened before we should have because president business was worried about reelection. Now we have 5 months of pain ahead of us before we get that vaccine. Floridas daily deaths have already doubled. What happens when they double a few more times?

We are going to come out of this but we're losing more people than we needed to.

What if I told you that the fact that completing Phase 1 Human Trials in 5 months and the Moderna CEO publishing trial results of his COVID vaccine is not "Trump's rhetoric"?
Let me know when it's finished 85.

If the orange idiot would have acted upon this in January (the right way) we could be seeing the (almost) end of it right now like Europe. But we have a TV show moron as POTUS.

Yeah, im going to differ with them. I have said since the beginning that we botched the early testing and containment as well as had intentionally bad messaging from the country's leadership. All we had to do was limit exposure for a few more weeks and we would have had nearly no cases for the reopen which would have bought us time for the vaccine. We reopened before we should have because president business was worried about reelection. Now we have 5 months of pain ahead of us before we get that vaccine. Floridas daily deaths have already doubled. What happens when they double a few more times?

We are going to come out of this but we're losing more people than we needed to.

How were early test botched. There was no test, they were developed in weeks to a couple of months, and better faster test available a couple of months later. We went from no test to 10s of thousands to millions of test in 6 months. You are so full of it your eyes are brown.

How were early test botched. There was no test, they were developed in weeks to a couple of months, and better faster test available a couple of months later. We went from no test to 10s of thousands to millions of test in 6 months. You are so full of it your eyes are brown.
Early testing was botched because there were no tests. Read the first 9 words of your post.

The rest of the world had tests. We made our own and they didnt work. Then we had to make them again.

Early testing was botched because there were no tests. Read the first 9 words of your post.

The rest of the world had tests. We made our own and they didn't work. Then we had to make them again.

That was not botching, No test yet existed for a virus that no one knew existed. I would argue early testing #s were a sign of how well and amazingly quick things got ramped up, not a botching. The rest of the world were using Chinese test that were wildly off on the results often by 70%. Don't rewrite history to fit your narrative. And they had shortages of test early on as well. Now the CDC did screw up in that they didn't want to allow private companies to do the testing nor vaccines at the beginning.

That was not botching, No test yet existed for a virus that no one knew existed. I would argue early testing #s were a sign of how well and amazingly quick things got ramped up, not a botching. The rest of the world were using Chinese test that were wildly off on the results often by 70%. Don't rewrite history to fit your narrative. And they had shortages of test early on as well. Now the CDC did screw up in that they didn't want to allow private companies to do the testing nor vaccines at the beginning.
You’re not going to convince them. They listen to journalists and political commentators rail on how horrible the response has been. When you say that the results have been inline with other western countries adjusted for population, they say that you’re spinning. They, and the people that they listen to, have no idea how long it normally takes to do any of the things that you are referencing.

You’re not going to convince them. They listen to journalists and political commentators rail on how horrible the response has been. When you say that the results have been inline with other western countries adjusted for population, they say that you’re spinning. They, and the people that they listen to, have no idea how long it normally takes to do any of the things that you are referencing.

Correct. We literally measure every other thing in life on a Per Capita basis when comparing other nations, yet for some reason that's strictly off limits here per the Party of Science people. We must just assume that Belgium, the UK, and Spain are the same size as the US and raw total numbers only matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT