ADVERTISEMENT

Official "FC has tds and prays there is no cure" thread

Yes,

It's been approved only 24 hours after clinical trial!!!!!!!! That's unbelievable. Literally unbelievable. As in, I cannot believe it is true.

Because it's not. Trump continues to misinform the American people.
You are such a dumb fukcing piece of shit

Don’t you understand the term “off label use” and standard of care. I can prescribe that tomorrow for Coronavirus and there isn’t a damn medical board who’s going to take away my license for prescribing it in an emergency

Stick with topics that you know about, which is pretty much none. Stupid

Don’t you understand the term “off label use” and standard of care. I can prescribe that tomorrow for Coronavirus and there isn’t a damn medical board who’s going to take away my license for prescribing it in an emergency

That's not what Trump claimed is it? My point was that it was misinformation to say this was FDA approved for a corona virus treatment in only 24 hours. It's not.

additionally you say "I can prescribe" like you're a doctor when if that was the case you would know you can't ethically use a drug without FDA approval to treat a disease, that has a 1% mortality rate, off of one single trial. This is used to shorten the recovery time. There is no reasonable situation you would use this on someone who may or may not develop severe symptoms. The risks for using off label early in the treatment schedule would be 10x worse than the virus itself and if things did go poorly you would lose your license. It's not tested for 'emergency use' if you read the study it was given at the onset of symptoms and it shortened the recovery time. This isn't a cure it's something that helps get people back on their feet faster.

Last edited:
That's not what Trump claimed is it? My point was that it was misinformation to say this was FDA approved for a corona virus treatment in only 24 hours. It's not.
Got it, but does it really matter? It’s a treatment and you can receive it. I’m glad our president is giving the panicked public hope

Calling it a FDA approved as being a lie is what people who have TDS will harp on. I don’t. I wouldn’t even care if it’s FDA approved. Means very little in this case.

"I can prescribe" like you're a doctor when if that was the case you would know you can't ethically use a drug without FDA approval to treat a disease, that has a 1% mortality rate, off of one single trial.
You’re incorrect It’s not FDA approved for lichen planopilaris (scarring hair loss), yet it’s given all the time. There are ABSOLUTELY no FDA studies for this indication and that’s for freaking hair loss

You’re straying from the point. You’re harping on FDA approval. Isn’t that the point of your argument?

It’s a treatment that’s available for this condition in desperate situations or less. That’s what you should be concentrating on. Not the president’s wording

Once again, the left concentrating on the “Gotcha Trump” wording more than the health and hope of Americans. Shocking

Last edited:
He's hoping for this to be as bad as possible. The higher the death count, the happier he is

Dude, that is idiocy. If you arent paying attention the virus isnt partisan towards only infecting Republicans and it isnt just Republicans who are quarantined and having theif lives essentially stalled. absolutely nobody is wanting this to be bad, use some common sense.

You’re incorrect It’s not FDA approved for lichen planopilaris (scarring hair loss), yet it’s given all the time. There are ABSOLUTELY no FDA studies for this indication and that’s for freaking hair loss

You’re straying from the point. You’re harping on FDA approval. Isn’t that the point of your argument?

It’s a treatment that’s available for this condition in desperate situations or less. That’s what you should be concentrating on. Not the president’s wording

Once again, the left concentrating on the “Gotcha Trump” wording more than the health and hope of Americans. Shocking

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fau...ps-declaration-malaria-drug/story?id=69716324

Fauci is already bring this into question. Trump saying something does not make it true. Hopefully this, or something does end up working out but way to early at this point for Trump to be calling it a game changer. And no, we dont need our president to give us false hope, we need him to be realistic and honest.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fau...ps-declaration-malaria-drug/story?id=69716324

Fauci is already bring this into question. Trump saying something does not make it true. Hopefully this, or something does end up working out but way to early at this point for Trump to be calling it a game changer. And no, we dont need our president to give us false hope, we need him to be realistic and honest.
Where did Trump call it “a game changer?”

It’s not false hope. There are some people who are in an absolute panic, and this IS HOPEFUL

There’s no realistic. There is way too much unknown. You can’t predict what’s going to happen. Everyone has a different “realistic”.

It’s a pandemic and there are more cases and deaths daily. Some people think it’s doomsday day.

Where did Trump call it “a game changer?”

It’s not false hope. There are some people who are in an absolute panic, and this IS HOPEFUL

Umm, at his press conference yesterday, it was all over the news.

It is false hope. listen to Fauci, not Trump. Is it possible it could work out? Sure. But at this point it is way to early to be making people think that is true. Hope doesnt change science. We need honest and realistic.

So on Thursay Trump calls it a "game changer". Cut to today 'When asked if the drug was promising Friday, Fauci, standing next to Trump, said “the answer is no” because “the evidence you’re talking about … is anecdotal evidence.”

Ok. Missed that.

I guess YOU don’t personally see the importance of avoiding panic. You must have enough toilet paper and food stashed away

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with the President of the United States giving hope to the people based upon information he’s received. The Google website turned out to be real. Fauci today went back up to the podium and agreed with Trump. Drs are currently prescribing this drug and it’s been shown to be effective

It is false hope. listen to Fauci, not Trump. Is it possible it could work out? Sure. But at this point it is way to early to be making people think that is true. Hope doesnt change science. We need honest and realistic.

So on Thursay Trump calls it a "game changer". Cut to today 'When asked if the drug was promising Friday, Fauci, standing next to Trump, said “the answer is no” because “the evidence you’re talking about … is anecdotal evidence.”

Reading your post in the Dementia Joe tread about the importance of sharing the full quote, its odd that you chose not to use Trump's full and actual "game changer" quote here. Instead, you depict it as being black and white. No grey. Its funny when accuracy becomes important to you, and when it becomes secondary.

Your credibility here is a fukcing null set.

In case anyone is interested in what was actually said, and not some hack depiction, here you go;

""And I think it's going to be very exciting. I think it could be a game changer. And maybe not. Maybe not, but I think it could be, based on what I see, it could be a game changer. Very powerful, they’re very powerful," he said.

A = { integrity, credibility, intellectual honesty }
B = { @Cubs79 }

A B = { }

Reading your post in the Dementia Joe tread about the importance of sharing the full quote, its odd that you chose not to use Trump's full and actual "game changer" quote here. Instead, you depict it as being black and white. No grey. Its funny when accuracy becomes important to you, and when it becomes secondary.

In case anyone is interested in what was actually said, and not some hack depiction, here you go;

""And I think it's going to be very exciting. I think it could be a game changer. And maybe not. Maybe not, but I think it could be, based on what I see, it could be a game changer. Very powerful, they’re very powerful," he said.

B = { @Cubs79 }

A B = { }
Quality post. Glad to see there are people out there who can provide ACCURATE information when some of us simply don’t have the time and have to settle for the BS being thrown out there thinking that it may be true

Last edited:
Quality post. Thanks! Glad to see there are people out there who can provide ACCURATE information when some of us simply don’t have the time and have to settle for the BS being thrown out there thinking that it may be true
WTF is happening here? Are these 2 the same person? Have I sampled too much bourbon tonight?

WTF is happening here? Are these 2 the same person? Have I sampled too much bourbon tonight?
lol! We all have! It’s a complete coincidence. Absolutely no correlation. However, UCFMike has some quality takes.

He beat me to the screename

Reactions: sk8knight

B = { @Cubs79 }

A B = { }

This is bullshit. Just because he says "maybe not" doesn't change the point that he is being overly optimistic about something that he knows nothing about and his top scientists dont agree with him. Just because he was parsing doesnt take away from the message he was trying to get out, and that message doesnt appear to be backed by the top scientists he is working with. But regardless, mixed messages arent helpful in this situation either, so it was a dumb statement either way.

Unbelievable we have to be so partisan in these times.

It isnt being partisan it is holidng people accountable. Reports came out today that there was classified intel from early January that the White House essentially ignored. He is quite simply in over his head and he needs to be held accountable when our economy and no telling how many lives are potentially at stake. Everybody wants to get through this and get through it as best we can, but we can't do that by ignoring our leaders mistakes. This isnt a game.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...-back-to-january-warned-of-coronavirus-threat

Intelligence agencies “have been warning on this since January,” a U.S. official who had access to intelligence reporting told the Post. “Donald Trump may not have been expecting this, but a lot of other people in the government were — they just couldn’t get him to do anything about it.”

I see nothing wrong with the President of the United States giving hope to the people based upon information he’s received. The Google website turned out to be real. Fauci today went back up to the podium and agreed with Trump. Drs are currently prescribing this drug and it’s been shown to be effective

Fauci absolutely did not agree with Trump.

“The information that you’re referring to specifically is anecdotal,” Fauci added firmly. “It was not done in a controlled clinical trial, so you really can’t make any definitive statement about it.”

Fauci did say they were looking for a way to make it available for emergency use so they can study it, but he clearly says there is too little information to know if it is actually effective.

I forget where we are with intelligence agencies these days. Do we think they’re all full of shit because of Iraqi WMDs and Suleimani or do we believe them again because they warned about something that is an ever present threat?

I forget where we are with intelligence agencies these days. Do we think they’re all full of shit because of Iraqi WMDs and Suleimani or do we believe them again because they warned about something that is an ever present threat?

The intelligence agencies are like anything else, they can be wrong at times and be correct at times. In this case, we have known about and have been monitoring the virus since November, so it wasnt hard to predict it would reach the US. But hey, you do you and do everything you can to avoid holding Trump accountable, it is only a major health crisis and our economy free falling.

Fauci absolutely did not agree with Trump.
Well. Since Trump is saying that it COULD HELP and is exciting and Fauci isn’t saying that it couldn’t, then I guess that they ARE agreeing

However, this now isn’t about anything other than you not liking a Trump, so as usual the original topic has gone astray

Reactions: ucfMike
The intelligence agencies are like anything else, they can be wrong at times and be correct at times. In this case, we have known about and have been monitoring the virus since November, so it wasnt hard to predict it would reach the US. But hey, you do you and do everything you can to avoid holding Trump accountable, it is only a major health crisis and our economy free falling.
I think it’s funny to think that you’re doing something valuable in “questioning our leaders” and confident enough to condescend to others. When it comes to this, you don’t know your ass from a hole in the ground. It’s really quite comical.

Tell me, what have you done to help the situation?

Well. Since Trump is saying that it COULD HELP and is exciting and Fauci isn’t saying that it couldn’t, then I guess that they ARE agreeing

However, this now isn’t about anything other than you not liking a Trump, so as usual the original topic has gone astray

Dude, you kiss Trump's ass every chance you get, so cut the crap that it's just about people hating Trump. That way of thinking goes both ways. You think I hate Trump, I think you are completely incapable of holding accountable for anything and view him as a cult leader. So there we go.

And I am sorry we are going through what could potentially be the biggest crisis of most of our lifetimes, and we have a president who in my view is completely unprepared and in over his head, and you are just worried about people liking him.

Last edited:
I think it’s funny to think that you’re doing something valuable in “questioning our leaders” and confident enough to condescend to others. When it comes to this, you don’t know your ass from a hole in the ground. It’s really quite comical.

Tell me, what have you done to help the situation?

I dont think post on a college sports message board is doing anything valuable, I post here to kill time, and considering everything is shut down on a Friday night, I thought I would check in here. Got it? Cool.

Yes, it is hilarious we are going through a crisis and we have the guy who fired D list celebrities from a fake job leading the way.

I do not pretend to be an expert in the situation. But listen to any healthcare professionals or leading people in this area, and most are saying we dropped the ball and got started on this too late. So you can choose to listen to those people, or listen to the guy with no expertise in the area what so ever. That is your choice.

Unbelievable we have to be so partisan in these times.
It only seems partisan because democrats are consistently on the side of science and you guys are consistently not. There's nothing partisan about not touting a treatment as a cure or medical drug before it is clinically tested. It only seems partisan because you all take the side of lunacy and we have to step in and remind you of what the actual educated scientists and doctors are saying.

Reactions: moonlight-knight
Dude, you kiss Trump's ass every chance you get, so cut the crap that it's just about people hating Trump. That way of thinking goes both ways. You think I hate Trump, I think you are completely incapable of holding accountable for anything and view him as a cult leader. So there we go.

And I am sorry we are going through what could potentially be the biggest crisis of most of our lifetimes, and we have a president who in my view is completely unprepared and in over his head, and you are just worried about people liking him.
You’re completely incapable of holding an intelligent conversation and are actually as obsessed with Trump in a negative way as much or more than any of his supporters. Your basically on here constantly bashing him and twisting the facts for the sole purpose of fitting your sick narratives. Your pompous and stubborn as hell which has completely destroyed your credibility as you have been called out on stupid and incorrect takes on multiple occasions

Trump is doing a fine job in my opinion and you have nothing constructive or productive to say about any single move that he has taken including closing our borders almost immediately. We are experiencing basically a once in a lifetime crisis event as you have stated and no president or leader could have been prepared for this in a country of 330 million, that is so vastly spread out. You think that the only job president of the United States is to deal with a pandemic.

People like yourself have made such stupid ass, irresponsible comments like the reason for this is that Trump has downsized parts of the CDC, 2 years ago or that he’s the reason why there hasn’t been enough testing, yet you have a presidential candidate who basically would have delayed in stoppage of this virus from it’s main source in China based on his comments

Your max TDS mixed in with your pompous stubbornness makes you incapable of having a normal back and forth conversation with other human beings. Additionally, you keep going on tangents and can’t stick to an original topic because it’s all about your obsession with Trump
You never actually constructively start ANY topic. Has anyone else noticed that??!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ucfMike
You’re completely incapable of holding an intelligent conversation and are actually as obsessed with Trump in a negative way as much or more than any of his supporters. Your basically on here constantly bashing him and twisting the facts for the sole purpose of fitting your sick narratives. Your pompous and stubborn as hell which has completely destroyed your credibility as you have been called out on stupid and incorrect takes on multiple occasions

Trump is doing a fine job in my opinion and you have nothing constructive or productive to say about any single move that he has taken including closing our borders almost immediately. We are experiencing basically a once in a lifetime crisis event as you have stated and no president or leader could have been prepared for this in a country of 330 million, that is so vastly spread out. You think that the only job president of the United States is to deal with a pandemic.

People like yourself have made such stupid ass, irresponsible comments like the reason for this is that Trump has downsized parts of the CDC, 2 years ago or that he’s the reason why there hasn’t been enough testing, yet you have a presidential candidate who basically would have delayed in stoppage of this virus from it’s main source in China based on his comments

Your max TDS mixed in with your pompous stubbornness makes you incapable of having a normal back and forth conversation with other human beings. Additionally, you keep going on tangents and can’t stick to an original topic because it’s all about your obsession with Trump
You never actually constructively start ANY topic. Has anyone else noticed that??!!!

I have to admit, when Chubs69 first showed up I actually enjoyed reading his posts. He was thoughtful, reasoned, and level-headed. It's sad to see how he's reduced himself to Ninja levels of buffoonery.

I'm pretty sure the HIV drug isnt indicated for coronavirus treatment and yet it's being prescribed. Unless and until there is a drug indicated, it isnt unethical for a doctor to try alternate treatments.

I'm pretty sure the HIV drug isnt indicated for coronavirus treatment and yet it's being prescribed. Unless and until there is a drug indicated, it isnt unethical for a doctor to try alternate treatments.
You do what you need to do to save lives. Fortunately, right now, we are not at that point. No physician at the point is blatantly and recklessly prescribing Hydroxychloroquine randomly to a friend or patient that may have Coronavirus. That’s ridiculous. Seriously ill patients are in hospitals

You do what you need to do to save lives. Fortunately, right now, we are not at that point. No physician at the point is blatantly and recklessly prescribing Hydroxychloroquine randomly to a friend or patient that may have Coronavirus. That’s ridiculous. Seriously ill patients are in hospitals

I have 2 hopes for this: 1, obviously that it does prove to be a cure but 2, that it forces the FDA to reassess their protocol on approving/allowing alternative treatments for potentially life threatening diseases. It's way past time that the FDA allows more autonomy to doctors that are using their best judgment in treatment for life threatening diseases.

Reactions: beelit47
Can we circle back to this thread? Trump said the FDA had approved this drug and everyone celebrated. I said, not so fast my friends, and got accused of wanting old people killed.

Turns out Trump was wrong. People trusting him were wrong. I was right to be cautious because I've seen this many times before. I've followed drug approvals from breakthrough to market delivery. I understand the process, the president does not.

Is anyone starting to see the problem with him as the leader of this? He is just wrong or lies intentionally or unintentionally all the time.

The drug is not approved by the FDA, Trump doesn't understand FDA approval. @Crazyhole

[roll]

A guy in LA literally just had Cholonique prescribed to him when he was on his last leg with COVID19 and it saved his life. From about to die to totally fine over the course of a few hours.

https://www.foxla.com/news/a-man-wi...the-drug-used-to-treat-malaria-saved-his-life

Gee, seems kinda impossible if the FDA "had not approved it" like you assured us, huh?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
[roll]

A guy in LA literally just had Cholonique prescribed to him when he was on his last leg with COVID19 and it saved his life. From about to die to totally fine over the course of a few hours.

https://www.foxla.com/news/a-man-wi...the-drug-used-to-treat-malaria-saved-his-life

Gee, seems kinda impossible if the FDA "had not approved it" like you assured us, huh?
It's literally not approved for covid19, has been approved by FDA for other shit for decades. OP said it got approved in 24 hours for covid19. This is an example of "right to try" which is great.

EDIT: you didn't read the article did you?

"So, Giardinieri reached out to an infectious disease doctor. “He gave me all the reasons why I would probably not want to try it because there are no trials, there’s no testing, it was not something that was approved."

It's literally not approved for covid19, has been approved by FDA for other shit for decades. OP said it got approved in 24 hours for covid19. This is an example of "right to try" which is great.

"So, Giardinieri reached out to an infectious disease doctor. “He gave me all the reasons why I would probably not want to try it because there are no trials, there’s no testing, it was not something that was approved."

It's approved for doctor prescribed compassionate usage, you dimwit. The medicine itself is readily available and has been FDA approved for years.

It seems like you just want to argue on the edges to still prove you were right. Sad.

Just stop. You’re just obsessively harping on his words. The very definition of Trump TDS

They are giving it as off label use. We have already discussed this. FDA approval is completely irrelevant

I'm willing to bet that he won't hesitate to use it next time. Just as long as the patient is informed about the side effects and that it isn't an approved treatment for covid, theres no liability on his part.

I'm willing to bet that he won't hesitate to use it next time. Just as long as the patient is informed about the side effects and that it isn't an approved treatment for covid, theres no liability on his part.
100%. I mean there's no doubt in my mind I'd be asking for this if I had a loved one on the verge of death but I wouldn't be looking to it on day 1 until it's tested more. The reality is that 99% of people will make it through C19 without treatment and this treatment, if applied wildly, would have a greater than 1% side effect rate. It might be that in advanced cases it's not as effective if done as soon as symptoms begin. There is no data on this and that's why doctors are skeptical. Not that it won't be a great too but there are too many unknowns for this to be a first line of defense. Staying home remains the only reliable weapon we have.

Reactions: Crazyhole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT