ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha World-Herald Poll: Will Scott Frost be the head coach at UCF next season?

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_40efdea2-a5e7-5507-8389-881e0e31d72e.html

My comment to Nebraska people at end of article:

A little extra info on this turnaround...1/1/14 UCF wins Fiesta Bowl and goes 12-1 on season after numerous CUSA championships and being the Big East/American Champion for first season in 2013. QB Blake Bortles leaves as a junior for NFL draft. 2014 UCF goes 9-4 and ties for Championship despite loss of Bortles with remaining players from his recruiting class and lousy QB. 2015 UCF goes 0-15 as Bortles class has graduated and team is in disarray with O'Leary acting as AD and advisor to new Head Coach who was his OC previously. 2016 Frost inherits the left over players from prior momentum that led UCF to Fiesta Bowl victory. This team does well in recruiting but once again looks like the 2014 team which won games mostly from defensive effort. 2017 last year of players who were part of Fiesta Bowl season. The offense with new recruits is seasoned now and blends well with O'Leary leftovers. Those of us at UCF know how this program has been on the rise since 2005 and why SF turnaround has a lot of factors going for it. Our greatest challenge over the years to being successful is getting a quality starting QB. We have one this season in McKenzie Milton. We have a very good QB coach now whose name is NOT Scott Frost. Like I said there is a lot of factors going on here.

Someone in Nebraska finally gets it....

Scott Frost’s choice is more complicated than salaries or trophies or conference affiliation. It really boils down to this: Does he covet tradition or imagination? Does the new dad want to save something old or build something new?

Scott Frost’s choice is more complicated than salaries or trophies or conference affiliation. It really boils down to this: Does he covet tradition or imagination? Does the new dad want to save something old or build something new?

Yeah, I thought that summed it up pretty well too.

Reactions: Miltonian

SF's vision hasn't been completed. I am curious to see the full implementation.

Once again I believe SF took this job because he saw the things I mentioned above and as he has said numerous times, he loves being able to recruit and be home at night to sleep in his own bed. After all look at the fruit of this, a new born baby boy :)

It always cracks me up when a Nebraska fan says that Frost is staying at UCF

They get a total beatdown from their fanbase like I've never seen

Once again I believe SF took this job because he saw the things I mentioned above and as he has said numerous times, he loves being able to recruit and be home at night to sleep in his own bed. After all look at the fruit of this, a new born baby boy :)
That is true, his baby was born at ucf, possibly because of UCF. National Signing day was roughly 9 months ago lol

Reactions: Chalko

I think this is the most underestimated aspect of all of this. Scott seems to be VERY active and excited about being a dad. People may not want to admit it, but he appears to 100% love and care about that little boy more than he will ever care about UCF, Nebraska, his career or the sport of football.

I truly believe his decision will be based most on how much is he willing to sacrifice of his job as dad for his job as coach.

Yes, I know most coaches have kids and move around and travel and whatnot. But we have no idea if Scott is like them yet. I guess we'll find out.

New baby, new team, new conference, new city, new potential the sky's the limit- why pick up an old turd like Nebraska?

It always cracks me up when a Nebraska fan says that Frost is staying at UCF

They get a total beatdown from their fanbase like I've never seen

It's not really a putdown of the program. There are just a lot of reasons for Frost to stay.

1. His wife's opinion. It's hard to convince people who've never lived in Nebraska to move here.

2. He's only been at UCF 2 years. It would be hard to tell his boss and players he's leaving.

3. The pressure at UCF is much lower because expectations are much higher at Nebraska. He could win 7 games next year and some of you would be disappointed but not nearly like Nebraska fans would be if it was Frost's 3rd year at Nebraska.

4. Recruiting talent to UCF to compete with UCF's conference is easier than doing the same at Nebraska.

5. He can go out in Orlando and there's a decent chance he won't get recognized.

I said this to other Husker fans months ago - it's not an easy decision. There are positives/negatives at both places that weigh against each other pretty evenly. We don't know what his true priorities are.

It's not really a putdown of the program. There are just a lot of reasons for Frost to stay.

1. His wife's opinion. It's hard to convince people who've never lived in Nebraska to move here.

2. He's only been at UCF 2 years. It would be hard to tell his boss and players he's leaving.

3. The pressure at UCF is much lower because expectations are much higher at Nebraska. He could win 7 games next year and some of you would be disappointed but not nearly like Nebraska fans would be if it was Frost's 3rd year at Nebraska.

4. Recruiting talent to UCF to compete with UCF's conference is easier than doing the same at Nebraska.

5. He can go out in Orlando and there's a decent chance he won't get recognized.

I said this to other Husker fans months ago - it's not an easy decision. There are positives/negatives at both places that weigh against each other pretty evenly. We don't know what his true priorities are.
Dude. Not to be a homer, but everything you said makes so much sense! Are you sure you're a Nebraska fan? Congratulations

Reactions: jetsaholic
Dude. Not to be a homer, but everything you said makes so much sense! Are you sure you're a Nebraska fan? Congratulations

Ya. I can just see it from Frost's perspective.

Some people have trouble admitting there's a possibility he'll stay.

Some UCF fans have the opposite problem but seeing as this is a UCF forum that's okay.

If I were to guess I'd say he doesn't know yet what he'll do. He has definitely been interested in coaching at Nebraska in the past but things can change and the timing might be bad. Many have said it but it would have been better for Nebraska's chances of getting Frost if Riley had a decent season this year and then sucked next year.

This is what I've kept going to back to when this speculation started, UF scares me more but that's still a suffocating town to be stuck in for wives and family(Dan Mullen's wife talked about this)

Reactions: Mikesi
I'm hoping the ability to drive to a recruit's house and be home the same night to be with his wife and newborn is enough to overcome a bigger Nebraska paycheck.

It sounds like being home with his family is important to him. Didn't seem like he enjoyed the long flights and overnight traveling he had to endure at Oregon.

I think his deep love and passion for Nebraska brings him home.

He wrote this 12 years ago:

Sometimes I think that I care too much. I was in Lawrence on Saturday and I saw our guys go down in defeat at the hands of a team that we had beaten every year for almost four decades. I can’t tell you how hard it was to watch. Seeing Jayhawk fans yelling and jeering and storming the field made my stomach turn.

I love Nebraska football.

I love the state of Nebraska.

I long for the days when the characteristics of the team we put on the field on Saturdays exemplified the characteristics of the hard working people of our state.

https://scout.com/college/nebraska/.../Scott-Frosts-thoughts-12-years-ago-108854835

Reactions: huskersoup
Just yet another prime example of how husker nation lives in the past.........
I believe when Frost was at Oregon, the recruiting trail took its toll on him. At Oregon he will have to take a plane trip just to meet 1 recruit or spend many days away from home to meet several recruits. Right now, he can meet several recruits in one day. Recruiting trail at Oregon, marriage and birth of his son changed his outlook and perspectives on life.

I thought it was a nice look into his love and passion towards the Husker program and the state of Nebraska. Yes, it was written 12 years ago, but it was also written almost a decade after his last game as a Husker QB.

We will see here shortly, huh?

Reactions: Sinomatic
Frost will go back but when his value to Nebraska can't be compromised. Going now means dealing with influential donors that will scrutinize his two year coaching experience. If he wants to return Nebraska back to prominence, it will be on his watch. Bringing Osbourne down here sometimes doesn't mean he wants to live off him either.
Besides what happened to Turner Gill? Talk about another former player who I thought wanted to return home.

Frost will go back but when his value to Nebraska can't be compromised. Going now means dealing with influential donors that will scrutinize his two year coaching experience. If he wants to return Nebraska back to prominence, it will be on his watch. Bringing Osbourne down here sometimes doesn't mean he wants to live off him either.
Besides what happened to Turner Gill? Talk about another former player who I thought wanted to return home.

Turner Gill wasn't given the chance to come back. He had a very rough two years at Kansas, got fired (too early), and is now in FCS. He's doing well there, but not good enough to jump up to a P5 school.

Turner Gill wasn't given the chance to come back. He had a very rough two years at Kansas, got fired (too early), and is now in FCS. He's doing well there, but not good enough to jump up to a P5 school.
So if Frost loses this Saturday, his value is tarnished and the trolls will leave.
Liberty is transitional FBS btw.

A little less-past - he applied for the offensive coordinator position with Pelini in 2011. Pelini hired Tim Beck.

Turner Gill interviewed for head coach in 2008. The assumption (or maybe Osborne even stated it, can't remember) is that it was down to him and Pelini and Osborne chose Pelini. I happen to think Pelini did better than Gill would have. (One thing I remember Gill doing at Kansas was imposing a 10pm curfew on the players and making it against the rules to have girlfriends stay the night).

The trolls and "trolls" aren't leaving if UCF loses the rest of its games this season. Nebraska fans have been talking about him becoming the head coach at Nebraska for 3-5 years now.

Kansas. He was a dummy for taking that job in the first place. Reflects poorly on his judgement

I think his deep love and passion for Nebraska brings him home.

He wrote this 12 years ago:

Sometimes I think that I care too much. I was in Lawrence on Saturday and I saw our guys go down in defeat at the hands of a team that we had beaten every year for almost four decades. I can’t tell you how hard it was to watch. Seeing Jayhawk fans yelling and jeering and storming the field made my stomach turn.

I love Nebraska football.

I love the state of Nebraska.

I long for the days when the characteristics of the team we put on the field on Saturdays exemplified the characteristics of the hard working people of our state.

https://scout.com/college/nebraska/.../Scott-Frosts-thoughts-12-years-ago-108854835
No one cares about that. We're living in the present. Undefeated team that will be even better next year. So yeah he's coming back

Wanted to coach NU in 2011

Still brings Osborne to UCF

Still talks with his teammates, who are all undoubtedly egging him on to take the position at NU.

This is a chance for his staff to make probably 2 times what they are making now. In other words Frosty has to think of more families than his own. I'm sure his assistants have, or might soon have children to take care of.

Its open. Now. If Nebraska gets another good or even serviceable coach, there's no telling when the job will open again. He may not ever get the chance again. -More than a great 11 or 12 win coach, Nebraska could land one of those 10 win coaches that won't leave for a long long....long time.

If he's ever wanted it,...if he thinks he'll ever want it...this is it.

Heck if I was Moos I would just cart Matt Davison down there with me along with his assistants projected salaries in new bills in brief cases and sell it.

Wanted to coach NU in 2011

Still brings Osborne to UCF

Still talks with his teammates, who are all undoubtedly egging him on to take the position at NU.

This is a chance for his staff to make probably 2 times what they are making now. In other words Frosty has to think of more families than his own. I'm sure his assistants have, or might soon have children to take care of.

Its open. Now. If Nebraska gets another good or even serviceable coach, there's no telling when the job will open again. He may not ever get the chance again. -More than a great 11 or 12 win coach, Nebraska could land one of those 10 win coaches that won't leave for a long long....long time.

If he's ever wanted it,...if he thinks he'll ever want it...this is it.

Heck if I was Moos I would just cart Matt Davison down there with me along with his assistants projected salaries in new bills in brief cases and sell it.
I would respond to this, but it fails at so many levels, that it's not even worth responding too. It's obvious that you are not following UCF football or
even any of these posts. At least 2 assistants have publicly said that they hate the cold and would never go back.

The one thing that Nebraska fans fail to realize is that most coaches and their families do not want to go back to Nebraska even for more money

There are many many other points, but Frost is coming back to UCF in 2018, so why bother

Reactions: PilotDoctor
Well, you did respond, and you did bother, but all I seen you make was a comment on the weather and 2 assistants that would not follow.

There is usually a contingent of assistants everywhere that stay on from previous staff or move on from a group when these coaching changes take place. So that really is no surprise.

Some folks just do not prefer 4 months of seasonal change. I'm so glad Nebraska doesn't have the length of winter like Alaska does or the severity like Alberta. Because I would probably move myself if that were the case.

There are a lot of points that is for sure, pro's and con's.

Frost could come back home and fail. He could also stay there and fail. If he fails at Nebraska he at least got to fulfill a dream he's had for a long long time.....and never ever have to worry about how his great grandchildren are going to eat. If he fails there...

Reactions: FrostTroll
He could also stay there and fail
Absolutely not. You're not even following the Excellence fund that pays assistants 1.5 million dollars a year on top of what they are already making.

You pay your present coach 2.7 million

Stop making financial promises for you school from your basement. No one with any damn knowledge or clout is Trolling an opposing team's free Rivals board. We have seen this song and dance before
Go take a nap now and stop clogging up our message board. We have a game coming up that could make us 10-0. You have a beatdown to make you 4-7.

Stop wasting our time. Go away!

Reactions: drays21
I could go to my basement, but I prefer my living room upstairs in my 3rd house by the way. Currently selling one, though that one doesn't have a basement, would you like me to post for you from my basement though? Which house's basement would you prefer? Lincoln or North Platte?

How about this, I'll come back here and post from my basement if Nebraska doesn't end up as head coach at NU, that you were right all along. I've got some drywall work down there anyway. You know this is the 3rd house I've done live in remodeling to? When do you suppose I'll stop buying houses and working on them?

If all that sounds lame, I'll bet after Frosty comes home your excuses will be more so.

I thought someone said that even if SF leaves UCF would be fine.. So what's up?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT