ADVERTISEMENT

One Stop Portal Shop

Just because they are poor kids from less fortunate families doesn't mean they are bad players. Lots of chicken eaters from well-to-do families suck too. I bet you don't see Gus sign an offensive lineman from Key West anytime soon.

Cracking Up Lol GIF
Don't think he was talking poor in terms of financial status

I know. I was being a jack@$$. He called players who I would want UCF to sign "poor" and yet he wants a roster full of chicken eaters to eat up all the chicken.
those players are poor. the only reason you want them is because they are from power 5 schools. but trash at a power 5 doesn't automatically mean good at UCF. i want production. i would rather an FCS all-american over some guy auburn is happy to see the back of. if it was just about brand name there wouldn't be so many great NFL players who didn't play in the power 5 or even FBS for that matter.

It's obvious now where UCF's money is going. Y'all cannot afford to buy new players because y'all's money is being swallowed by a roster full of chicken eaters.

We can’t afford to buy players because we haven’t been around as a Power 5 program for 75+ years and we have a very young alumni base who haven’t reached their peak earning years…yet we‘ve been able to compete with P5 programs for years.

Large and small Central Florida businesses will want to associate themselves with our program and make NIL deals with our players….we haven‘t even joined the Big XII yet and already boast a better recruiting class than half the conference.

UCF is Orlando’s hometown team..NIL $$$ is coming.

With the Spring Semester underway, a good time to re-cap the gains from the Transfer Portal:

Offense:

Bula Schmidt (Fres St) C – 2nd team all conference

Marcellus Marshall (Kent St) OT – 1st team all conference (as a Freshman)

Amari Kight (Alabama) OT – Veteran back up

Chauncy Magwood (Kentucky) WR – 8 receptions, 121 yrds, 1 TD in 2 seasons

Trent Whittmore (Florida) WR – 33 receptions, 425 yrds, 2 TDs in 3 seasons

Defense:

Jireh Wilson (ECU) LB/S – 6’3 220 lbs, 188 tackles, 16 for loss, 6 sacks, 4 ints in 4 seasons

DeJordan Mask (Tx St) S – 136 tackles, 2.5 for loss, 4 ints in 4 seasons

Fred Davis II (Clemson) CB – High 4* low 5* coming out of HS…..34 tackles, 1.5 for loss, 2 ints in 3 seasons

Brian George (Texas A&M) CB – 23 tackles, 1 int in 3 seasons

Special Teams:

Gage King (Az St) LS

On offense, the big gets in a position of need IMO are the linemen. The miss in a position of need IMO is a QB, where all we have now are unknowns and question marks. The WR transfers are kind of a mystery from a why standpoint, but still wish we got Leary. Another miss might be a TE, I’m just unsure what we have coming back except for Holler and Pittman. Whittemore is 6’ 4” so maybe some spot TE duty.

On Defense, I like what we did for the defensive backfield. Davis is loaded with potential and Mask & George are experienced veterans. The glaring miss was LB, which is why I marked LB for Wilson. I really think that will be his position, like a Bryson Armstrong type.

King should be a Day 1 starter at LS.

Reactions: tjb74
With the Spring Semester underway, a good time to re-cap the gains from the Transfer Portal:

Offense:

Bula Schmidt (Fres St) C – 2nd team all conference

Marcellus Marshall (Kent St) OT – 1st team all conference (as a Freshman)

Amari Kight (Alabama) OT – Veteran back up

Chauncy Magwood (Kentucky) WR – 8 receptions, 121 yrds, 1 TD in 2 seasons

Trent Whittmore (Florida) WR – 33 receptions, 425 yrds, 2 TDs in 3 seasons

Defense:

Jireh Wilson (ECU) LB/S – 6’3 220 lbs, 188 tackles, 16 for loss, 6 sacks, 4 ints in 4 seasons

DeJordan Mask (Tx St) S – 136 tackles, 2.5 for loss, 4 ints in 4 seasons

Fred Davis II (Clemson) CB – High 4* low 5* coming out of HS…..34 tackles, 1.5 for loss, 2 ints in 3 seasons

Brian George (Texas A&M) CB – 23 tackles, 1 int in 3 seasons

Special Teams:

Gage King (Az St) LS

On offense, the big gets in a position of need IMO are the linemen. The miss in a position of need IMO is a QB, where all we have now are unknowns and question marks. The WR transfers are kind of a mystery from a why standpoint, but still wish we got Leary. Another miss might be a TE, I’m just unsure what we have coming back except for Holler and Pittman. Whittemore is 6’ 4” so maybe some spot TE duty.

On Defense, I like what we did for the defensive backfield. Davis is loaded with potential and Mask & George are experienced veterans. The glaring miss was LB, which is why I marked LB for Wilson. I really think that will be his position, like a Bryson Armstrong type.

King should be a Day 1 starter at LS.
and if I had to bet on who will be an impact on each side I would pick Wilson and and Mask on defense and Marshall and Schmidt on offense.

Reactions: Shark19
Could have been preparing for the draft…instead he’ll be preparing for another move to a G5 team to start over. What an epic fail man.

Reactions: PositYourself
Did USC win the portal?
UCF noticeably in the middle of the graphic which is not the average. It is above average.

For those trying to keep up with this roster, it looks like Brian George is now a DB for the Houston Cougars. 🤷🏻‍♂️
following his visit it seemed like he was trending UCF but kind of forgot about him. I am not sure if Houston was in play last month

Everyone needs to trust in Gus and let the man cook!!!!

All part of the master plan!

They added 3 WRs through portal and have returners. Good luck.
A lot of people look down on players that leave for easy situations because they don't want competition. Seems like he is looking to compete at a high level. Maybe it doesn't work out, but can't say he ain't trying.

A lot of people look down on players that leave for easy situations because they don't want competition. Seems like he is looking to compete at a high level. Maybe it doesn't work out, but can't say he ain't trying.
isn’t he from the Dallas area?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT