ADVERTISEMENT

One Stop Portal Shop

Chris Streveler is now taking snaps for the Jets tonight…from powerhouse South Dakota (not South Dakota State) via Minnesota. If only he would have transferred to another school or 2 to get more exposure… also was a backup QB in the CFL the last two years. But these players seem to think that if they don’t get more exposure there’s no way the NFL could ever know about them.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Coaches build relationships. A lot of these guys may not have had strong father figures (not sure about Grier specifically). I don’t think it’s that weird to build such a strong relationship with a coach that you’d follow him anywhere, throughout these recruitment processes. And I certainly don’t think anything less of him for doing so.

Coaches build relationships. A lot of these guys may not have had strong father figures (not sure about Grier specifically). I don’t think it’s that weird to build such a strong relationship with a coach that you’d follow him anywhere, throughout these recruitment processes. And I certainly don’t think anything less of him for doing
Coaches build relationships. A lot of these guys may not have had strong father figures (not sure about Grier specifically). I don’t think it’s that weird to build such a strong relationship with a coach that you’d follow him anywhere, throughout these recruitment processes. And I certainly don’t think anything less of him for doing so.

Reactions: Gatorbull357
you are not the father fails GIF by The Maury Show

Reactions: beelit47
I'm talking about recruits not transfers. I'm saying its not surprising to me that when a coach leaves that recruits flip with the coach to the new school, and really I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. Recruits seem to have no loyalty to a school yet.
Yeah i know. But that wasn’t a flip. He wasn’t going to Oregon if Frost stayed. I think kids should follow coach. They want a system and a coach that believes in them. Not a school that will go on without them.

We're doing a great job here! I really want at least one more LB, ideally a transfer with some experience. I like Kam Moore coming into the second season but I really want another one there. If we get that I'm thrilled going into '23.

We're doing a great job here! I really want at least one more LB, ideally a transfer with some experience. I like Kam Moore coming into the second season but I really want another one there. If we get that I'm thrilled going into '23.
Agreed.We may need more OL depending on if Lee and Gramble stay another year.

Still plenty of time with the portal. We can be super selective now. Remember we got Baker sometime during last summer.

Reactions: akahotsizzle
The dude even came back and edited it at 8:15 and didn’t think “hmmm, maybe I should take out that word”

UCF Notes Column for Christmas

Herb Hand is a terrible offensive line coach from a technique aspect. He couldn't coach water out of a boot with directions on the heel. (He did work wonders with this particular group: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaa/sp/overallol/2022)

But when it comes to evaluating and recruiting and signing transfers, he is as good as any coach in the nation. He is a perfect fit for Gus's staff at UCF with all the bounce back players. Hand has worked miracles with the offensive line room in two short years.

He has added Johnathan Cline, Keyon Cox, Tylan Grable, Amari Kight, Cam Kinnie, Caden Kitler, Marcellus Marshall, Miguel Maldonado, Shaheem Hill, Josh Harris, and Ryan Swonoda to Orlando. That is a lot of beef that will paych holes in years to come.

That is an incredible amount of talent and a huge upgrade over Glen Elarbee, who I really like and respect as a coach, left in the cupboard.

I hope UCF can add one more big ugly.

MEAT PROCESSING: Gus needs to take a page out of sabahr's book and start "processing" some players. Cull this roster to add more talented and hungry players.

I hate to name names, but Trillion Coles, Dionte Marks, Patrick Burnett, Ethan Mort, Jarrad Baker, and Chidoziri Maghiro are just a few names potentially on the chopping block.

HOME RUN?: Ernie Sims replacing TWill may be a home run hire. Time will tell. If there is one thing I can brag on TWill about, it is his ability to evaluate talent. Every linebacker he has recruited at UCF has been great. I hope Sims can continue the TWill's incredible run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT