ADVERTISEMENT

PAC 12 schools meeting with BIG 12?

14 hours of college football works for me. I NO longer watch the NFL, so Sundays are focused on family. The Wife is fine with that. Plus I can watch college football games on my phone via You TubeTV.

Reactions: beelit47 and tjb74
14 hours of college football works for me. I NO longer watch the NFL, so Sundays are focused on family. The Wife is fine with that. Plus I can watch college football games on my phone via You TubeTV.

Same. My wife used to get upset and roll her eyes when i would decline attending things on saturday. Now she knows Sunday is that day and she actually enjoys shopping all day saturdays knowing i am ok with it.

Reactions: knight_tracker

What I suspect here, is the Pac 12 wants media input (ESPN,Fox) on what combination of schools (may include Big 12 schools) they wood need to secure to get the best financial deal (Pac-16 Conference maybe).

Doesn't mean they would get those schools but they would be in a position to tell them what they would get financially.

When the ACC Conference wanted to start an ACC Network, they approached ESPN and asked them what schools they would have to bring in to reach critical mass to make an ACC Network viable. ESPN told the ACC to invite Pitt (Pennsylvania) and Syracuse (New York) and Notre Dame (National) and the ACC Conference member schools agree to a 2035 GOR.

Stay Tuned.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
I think people underestimated the arrogance of Notre Dame to say "Nah, we're good with remaining independent." Through all this chaos. The Big 10 isn't adding more teams without Notre Dame.
I agree, but ND has always wanted to remain independent partly because they didn’t want to get tied to a particular region. Now that the Big10 is national, they may be willing to join. Especially if Stanford joins.

Reactions: hendu1976fl
What I suspect here, is the Pac 12 wants media input (ESPN,Fox) on what combination of schools (may include Big 12 schools) they wood need secure to get the best financial deal (Pac-16 Conference maybe).

When the ACC Conference wanted to start an ACC Network, they approached ESPN and asked them what schools they would have to bring in to reach critical mass to make an ACC Network viable. ESPN told the ACC to invite Pitt (Pennsylvania) and Syracuse (New York) and Notre Dame (National) and the ACC Conference member schools agree to a 2035 GOR.

Stay Tuned.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Big 12 has the leverage vs the new Pac 12.

Big 12 has a better depth of schools and also offers better geography, ie can add ACC schools.

Pac 12 can't add ACC schools.

Pac 12 should merge with Big 12 and then invite ACC teams.

we are not out of the woods yet but we may have gotten extremely lucky USC and UCLA did this now and not a year ago

we won’t be in the ‘elite brand 2 conferences’ but we will be in the next tier
Congrats to the Knights on (seemingly) making it into whatever happens next. UCF is in a great position moving forward.

we are not out of the woods yet but we may have gotten extremely lucky USC and UCLA did this now and not a year ago

we won’t be in the ‘elite brand 2 conferences’ but we will be in the next tier
Assuming the 6 adds are the AZ schools, Colorado, Utah, UW, and O…thats a pretty nice set of tailgates

Big 12 has the leverage vs the new Pac 12.

Big 12 has a better depth of schools and also offers better geography, ie can add ACC schools.

Pac 12 can't add ACC schools.

Pac 12 should merge with Big 12 and then invite ACC teams.

Its not about looking at a map and adding schools. Its about adding schools that someone (ESPN and Fox) will pay you for. The Big 12 and Pac could merge but that 22 schools conference would not get much $$ per school.

What would happen to the Big 12 Conference if the ACC Conference suddenly decided to add West Virginia and Cincinnati. How secure would the remaining Big 12 schools be when evaluating a Pac offer.

Don't know how this is all going to shake out but ACC/ESPN parnership makes me confident in the ACC Conference stability.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Reactions: PhDee
BYU b/c of their religious beliefs and UCF b/c we are halfway across the world front them lol. I think the Big12 wants us as a FL school and a coast to coast conference. My money is Big12 has the leverage here and doesn’t need to bend for anyone. Oregon Washington must be getting their feelings hurt finding out they hold no cards.

I find it believable. I meant no way as in, please god don’t do this to us.
I've said from the very beginning. (Learning USC and UCLA were leaving Pac12) That if the Pac-12 has the leverage over Big 12 then we're in trouble. If Big 12 has the leverage, then we're good. All signs so far point to Big 12 having the leverage.

You’ll have to forgive me. It’s the 25 years as a UCF fan. Even though, admittedly, the last 5 things have gone our way.

Reactions: sk8knight
these tweets from MHver3 just read like throwing shit at the fan and hoping something sticks and then they can call themselves an insider when one of these hundreds of tweets turn out to be correct.
He has zero sources and is just using message board fodder to gain likes and shares. I sent him a post on our message board by a WVU fan that claimed Notre Dame was going to join full-time and we were going to invite the Mountaineers also. Sure enough, he now has a scoop from an “unusual source” telling him what I told him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT