ADVERTISEMENT

PAC 12 schools meeting with BIG 12?

He has zero sources and is just using message board fodder to gain likes and shares. I sent him a post on our message board by a WVU fan that claimed Notre Dame was going to join full-time and we were going to invite the Mountaineers also. Sure enough, he now has a scoop from an “unusual source” telling him what I told him.
see and i didn't even know that tidbit. it's just when you come in this thread and see screengrabs one after the other of their tweets you get a this is some bullshit vibe.

They want that to happen more than a “P5 invite” for themselves.

That is correct. While I am hopeful we still have a seat at the Big12 table when the music stops, it must be really hard for them to not even be in the discussion for anything at this point.
Wonder what the meltdown for USF fans will be when this is all done and someone with some sense realizes they should scrap the multi-hundred million dollar OCS and just rent RayJay as long as they can afford it and just be thankful they still have a football program.

Reactions: UCFGrad05
Can someone break some news already? Haha come on!
Do we think Terry is on the phone with anyone during this? Or he has to trust the B12 leadership?

That is correct. While I am hopeful we still have a seat at the Big12 table when the music stops, it must be really hard for them to not even be in the discussion for anything at this point.
Wonder what the meltdown for USF fans will be when this is all done and someone with some sense realizes they should scrap the multi-hundred million dollar OCS and just rent RayJay as long as they can afford it and just be thankful they still have a football program.
I’ll predict the OCS doesn’t happen if they are left out. I kind of doubted it before this even, they don’t have the money and I always felt like it was all posturing anyways, trying to sound committed in hopes for an invite to the Big12.

I'm assuming that UCF along with the other newbies are contractually bound to BiG 12. So can Pac 12 really force UCF and BYU out of the equation if Big 12 and Pac 12 merged?

I'm assuming that UCF along with the other newbies are contractually bound to BiG 12. So can Pac 12 really force UCF and BYU out of the equation if Big 12 and Pac 12 merged?
I am sure they can. They can pay us off. Here is millions of dollars and you’re out.

But we have more value than Wazzu and Oregon State. We should be more than safe.

Pac 12 Leftovers will be:

Cal
Stanford
Oregon State
Washington State

I don't think the other Pac 12 schools leaving/negotiating out give two shits about those 4.

Those 4 can fill a MWC nicely and are really a better fit in regards to their Football fandom and "give-a-shitometer" versus Big 12.

Reactions: U C to the F

Cal
Stanford
Oregon State
Washington State

I don't think the other Pac 12 schools leaving/negotiating out give two shits about those 4.

Those 4 can fill a MWC nicely and are really a better fit in regards to their Football fandom and "give-a-shitometer" versus Big 12.
Stanford better cut a lot of sports if that’s the case

Cal
Stanford
Oregon State
Washington State

I think Wazu actually has a pretty decent fanbase. They do have that MWC feel though.

This is exactly what worries me. The ACC has to make a move.

ACC rumors build as Pac-12 tries to save itself (and stick it to the Big Ten)​

If that’s the genius strategy our leadership came up with, we are donezo…
Pitt has much more draw than UCF. All the same it looks bleak for Pitt.
There is no scenario in which the Migets and mistits can cobble together a conference any one will care about.
All the horses left the barn already. The big ones in the pasture are eating calmly knowing they will be one of the 40.

There is no scenario in which the Migets and mistits can cobble together a conference any one will care about.
All the horses left the barn already. The big ones in the pasture are eating calmly knowing they will be one of the 40.
I think the best case scenario for us is, assuming there will be multiple schools leaving, ESPN brokers a deal with the ACC and the SEC that allows select schools to exit for a reduced fee while ensuring the rest of the conference that our payouts will remain the same. What’s in our favor is that ESPN has a vested interest in our survival because of the ACC Network and the fact that they can control a power conference for a fraction of the B1G/SEC’s costs. They would also want to avoid losing ACC schools to FOX and the Big Ten.

If Clemson, Florida State, Miami, and UNC leave and we can still receive our ~$33M annual payout, that will significantly higher than what the Big XII or PAC-12 will have, placing us in a position of strength moving forward if we wanted to backfill with some of the eastern Big XII schools (Cincinnati, UCF, WVU).

I think the best case scenario for us is, assuming there will be multiple schools leaving, ESPN brokers a deal with the ACC and the SEC that allows select schools to exit for a reduced fee while ensuring the rest of the conference that our payouts will remain the same. What’s in our favor is that ESPN has a vested interest in our survival because of the ACC Network and the fact that they can control a power conference for a fraction of the B1G/SEC’s costs. They would also want to avoid losing ACC schools to FOX and the Big Ten.

If Clemson, Florida State, Miami, and UNC leave and we can still receive our ~$33M annual payout, that will significantly higher than what the Big XII or PAC-12 will have, placing us in a position of strength moving forward if we wanted to backfill with some of the eastern Big XII schools (Cincinnati, UCF, WVU).
Still think Miami may be in play for the BIG.

Hate to see this happen to so many Universities with long histories. All the State schools from the Midwest, all the State schools from PAC. You and many others from ACC.
Been watching this game since 1968. My hometown team was televised twice a year.
What we have now is nothing like the bucolic days of the 60s and 70s.

The teams that have a deeper history, and subsequently, value are now gravitating towards amazing money, and autonomy.

An aside to the ones that call names and insult, UCF did in fact play my school, and got predictibly shellacked.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Youre the sole reason for the USF mega tears thread

Last edited:
Reactions: HailToPitt725
Still think Miami may be in play for the BIG.

Hate to see this happen to so many Universities with long histories. All the State schools from the Midwest, all the State schools from PAC. You and many others from ACC.
Been watching this game since 1968. My hometown team was televised twice a year.
What we have now is nothing like the bucolic days of the 60s and 70s.

The teams that have a deeper history, and subsequently, value are now gravitating towards amazing money, and autonomy.

An aside to the ones that call names and insult, UCF did in fact play my school, and got predictibly shellacked.

An aside to the ones that call names and insult, UCF did in fact play my school, and got predictably shellacked.

Wow! you are still living in the past just like the Nebraska fans. When was the last time Miami was relevant? I will agree they finally hired a good coach.

I hope this wraps up today. This is like waiting for the mega movie to start and you have to sit through 20 commercials before it begins.

Reactions: tjb74
An aside to the ones that call names and insult, UCF did in fact play my school, and got predictably shellacked.

Wow! you are still living in the past just like the Nebraska fans. When was the last time Miami was relevant? I will agree they finally hired a good coach.
22 years ago…and shellacked is an odd way to say you won by a touchdown

Feels like the longer we wait the odds get worse.. let’s lock it down B12!

Migets and mistits
Of course you are made fun of and insulted, look at the drivel you think is a good take.

You are just an insulting moron with NO redeeming qualities. Does the thought ever go through your 58 IQ noggin why we treat the Pitt guys with respect? Because they come here with respect and well reasoned arguments.

As someone else said here, you are very similar to the mouth breather lowlifes from Nebraska who also have never set foot in a college classroom.

What is even worse though is the way you don’t even state who your “college” is, you are obviously ashamed of the institution you pretend to go to just because you bought a damn t-shirt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT