ADVERTISEMENT

POSSIBLE ESPN College Gameday at UCF in 2018 !!

Anyone else feel conflicted about this?

It feels awkward to reject the ESPN m- favored hierarchy and then welcome them on campus for their tv show.

Anyone else feel conflicted about this?

It feels awkward to reject the ESPN m- favored hierarchy and then welcome them on campus for their tv show.
If we want more money next go around or a P5 invite we need to show up in droves. There is a P5 bias because of fan support and the perceived lack of talent based off of fans not really caring.Attendance overall and fan support at things like this will change that. Even if it's highlighting Kiffen, we can show up and ruin their parade.Run them out of town with tails between legs.

If we want more money next go around or a P5 invite we need to show up in droves. There is a P5 bias because of fan support and the perceived lack of talent based off of fans not really caring.Attendance overall and fan support at things like this will change that. Even if it's highlighting Kiffen, we can show up and ruin their parade.Run them out of town with tails between legs.
.We would have no problem having one of the best College Gameday scenes in America on Memory Mall. Turnout at the Tailgate has never been the problem at UCF, it's getting inside the Stadium for Kickoff

Reactions: UCFhonors
.We would have no problem having one of the best College Gameday scenes in America on Memory Mall. Turnout at the Tailgate has never been the problem at UCF, it's getting inside the Stadium for Kickoff
Memory Mall is 90% Students. We aren't having problems getting students inside. Only about 8K people fit in that section. Just looks like more.

I think it would still be a great thing for UCF. Kiffin would of course garner a lot of the attention, but if you get that crew on campus with the longest winning streak in the nation going on they would have to dedicate a good amount of time to UCF. Plus the turnout and the scene would be spectacular. Or, it will get hurricane delayed.

It would be AWESOME but to many politics involved I think to make this happen. I think the money conferences that espn milks the teets of would not like the coverage of UCF.

Reactions: UCFhonors
It would be AWESOME but to many politics involved I think to make this happen. I think the money conferences that espn milks the teets of would not like the coverage of UCF.

Many sure have been triggered by the national champions claim. "You guys should've just gone 13-0, patted yourselves on the back for a nice season, and shut up so you could've been out of the national conversation by January 2nd."

Many sure have been triggered by the national champions claim. "You guys should've just gone 13-0, patted yourselves on the back for a nice season, and shut up so you could've been out of the national conversation by January 2nd."

Ratings talk. Not sure the FAU/Kiffen story would be big enough for gameday

It’s just the venue. They’ve had it at an FCS site too. They don’t spend an hour talking about that game.
They had it in freaking FARGO, ND last year right before it started snowing in October. It's not like having it in Orlando will somehow lead to low turn out. There are more students at UCF than total residents in Fargo. SMH.

While I can see everyone's point about Fargo, North Dakota State has won 6 of the last 7 FCS national championships and had the number 2 overall draft pick in the '16 draft (Carson Wentz)

While I can see everyone's point about Fargo, North Dakota State has won 6 of the last 7 FCS national championships and had the number 2 overall draft pick in the '16 draft (Carson Wentz)
Yes and less people watch them than us. I’m not worried about FAU being our opponent when they show them for a host.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT