ADVERTISEMENT

Put America First, Trump!

70k down to 17k is trending towards Biden?
The remaining ballots were trending towards Trump (51%-53% range) but not anywhere close the number (over 60%) that was necessary for Trump to overtake Biden in the overall count.

When the last two major batches of votes that were left came in well below what Trump needed, that's when the race was finally called.

70k down to 17k is trending towards Biden?

Sorry, I assumed you were talking the State with the narrowest margin - Georgia. Appears they are doing a recount either way.

Really, as an independent voter the thing that scares me the most is what if the US Supreme Court invalidates the votes received post election in Pennsylvania? Those were legal at the time those voters cast their vote based on the state Supreme Court (a situation the US Supreme Court reviewed, but did not object to - i.e. accept as a formal case). That's widespread disenfranchisement of voters for the sole purpose of one party's objectives. Again, as an independent, the damage to our nation from that would far exceed which individual candidate is declared the victor.

Sorry, I assumed you were talking the State with the narrowest margin - Georgia. Appears they are doing a recount either way.

Really, as an independent voter the thing that scares me the most is what if the US Supreme Court invalidates the votes received post election in Pennsylvania? Those were legal at the time those voters cast their vote based on the state Supreme Court (a situation the US Supreme Court reviewed, but did not object to - i.e. accept as a formal case). That's widespread disenfranchisement of voters for the sole purpose of one party's objectives. Again, as an independent, the damage to our nation from that would far exceed which individual candidate is declared the victor.
I get what you are saying, and I tend to agree. The issue with PA is kind of like whether someone that should get off committing a crime if the police don't read you your Miranda rights. The law is the law and it works both ways.

I get what you are saying, and I tend to agree. The issue with PA is kind of like whether someone that should get off committing a crime if the police don't read you your Miranda rights. The law is the law and it works both ways.

But nobody committed a crime and there is absolutely no reason that votes that were cast in a legal fashion, should be thrown out. There is no good argument to do that, other than Trump lost.

Not really, and granted the analogy isn’t perfect, but it’s far closer to being caught on camera eating an ice cream cone. Then, the law is changed to make ice cream illegal and then you are fined for that activity. Granted, no one is being fined/arrested here, for a voter that was told the rules (by the state Supreme Court with no objection from the US Supreme Court) you are just losing your vote - but that’s not a small thing.

Trump's temper-tantrum has meant that the standard efforts to reach out and begin providing critical information (e.g. national security and covid-19 updates) to the new administration hasn't begun.

Just another in a mountain of examples that Trump cares about himself and only about himself; the good of the country be damned.

But nobody committed a crime and there is absolutely no reason that votes that were cast in a legal fashion, should be thrown out. There is no good argument to do that, other than Trump lost.
I'm saying that its a technicality in the law, just like Miranda. Nobody wants to see a criminal get off because the cops didn't follow protocol but it can happen. I would actually be more concerned if SCOTUS deferred on this or didn't take some sort of action regarding election laws, because it would set a very dangerous precedent. Whats the point of having election laws if they can be ignored?

I'm saying that its a technicality in the law, just like Miranda. Nobody wants to see a criminal get off because the cops didn't follow protocol but it can happen. I would actually be more concerned if SCOTUS deferred on this or didn't take some sort of action regarding election laws, because it would set a very dangerous precedent. Whats the point of having election laws if they can be ignored?

Then it should have been over turned before the election. SCOTUS already ruled the lower court decision could stand. Going back on that now, after the election, seems pretty anti-democracy if you ask me.

Then it should have been over turned before the election. SCOTUS already ruled the lower court decision could stand. Going back on that now, after the election, seems pretty anti-democracy if you ask me.
It was a 4-4 vote. ACB abstained because she said she didn't have enough time to review the case.

It won’t be overturned. They aren’t going to disenfranchise voters who played by the rules that were broadcast to them. Likely the court would just rule for the next election. It doesn’t really matter for the outcome anyway.

It won’t be overturned. They aren’t going to disenfranchise voters who played by the rules that were broadcast to them. Likely the court would just rule for the next election. It doesn’t really matter for the outcome anyway.

If anything happens, this is what I think it is. They basically say you can't do this in the future but we're not going to toss votes made per the rules (at the time) and in good faith.

I do hope some good comes of this. I saw Josh Hawley is pitching a bill requiring mail-in votes to be counted as they are received. So perhaps this creates momentum for a bi-partisan nation-wide election reform bill where we establish national standards.

I do hope some good comes of this.
There is NOTHING good that comes of this. NOTHING.

This is a bad-faith effort by Trump and his lackies to subvert the public's trust in our elections in a half-assed attempt to stay in power. Yes, it would be great to establish bi-partisan nation-wide standards that everyone could live with. But that's NOT what this bullsh*t is about.

This Trump crap is not only ridiculous, it's dangerous.

This is a bad-faith effort by Trump and his lackies to subvert the public's trust in our elections in a half-assed attempt to stay in power. Yes, it would be great to establish bi-partisan nation-wide standards that everyone could live with. But that's NOT what this bullsh*t is about.

Can we please get out the straight jacket and baker act this fkn moron FRUMP!

If anything happens, this is what I think it is. They basically say you can't do this in the future but we're not going to toss votes made per the rules (at the time) and in good faith.

I do hope some good comes of this. I saw Josh Hawley is pitching a bill requiring mail-in votes to be counted as they are received. So perhaps this creates momentum for a bi-partisan nation-wide election reform bill where we establish national standards.
This is my hope as well. While I do want to maintain the constitutional authority given to the states, there probably should be a format that they have to work within.

Hyperbole much? What exactly do you see the endgame of this being that is so dangerous?

Hyperbole much? What exactly do you see the endgame of this being that is so dangerous?

Well if it does get turned over then our whole foundation as a nation is over. If it doesnt get over turned, then Trump will have still convinced a large part of the population that we dont have fair elections. It's hard to be a functioning Democracy, when half the people no longer believe we are democratic any more.

This is my hope as well. While I do want to maintain the constitutional authority given to the states, there probably should be a format that they have to work within.

This explains the situation in Pennsylvania. Again, it will be up to SCOTUS to determine a remedy but yes, PA courts illegally changed election laws.

It you are concerned about a constitutional crisis, you should actually be hoping that SCOTUS deems that all late votes in PA are thrown out. Otherwise, we have a new precedent where state courts can change election laws as they wish without reason. Just say there is a crisis and do whatever you want.

Well if it does get turned over then our whole foundation as a nation is over. If it doesnt get over turned, then Trump will have still convinced a large part of the population that we dont have fair elections. It's hard to be a functioning Democracy, when half the people no longer believe we are democratic any more.
More hyperbole. What half the people believe has nothing to do with the laws in place.

This explains the situation in Pennsylvania. Again, it will be up to SCOTUS to determine a remedy but yes, PA courts illegally changed election laws.

It you are concerned about a constitutional crisis, you should actually be hoping that SCOTUS deems that all late votes in PA are thrown out. Otherwise, we have a new precedent where state courts can change election laws as they wish without reason. Just say there is a crisis and do whatever you want.
The late votes do not matter. They haven't been counted and aren't included in the total that Biden is ahead by.

More hyperbole. What half the people believe has nothing to do with the laws in place.

It is absolutely not hyperbole. You are acting as if politicians wont sow discord to an electorate made up of conspiracy theorists, for their own personal gain. We are literally seeing that being tried right now. Democracy's dont flourish when the electorate no longer believes it is a Democracy. And considering what we have seen this past year, you are being awfully dismissive of civil unrest, which will most certainly happen (if not worse), when people start to feel the other side is cheating them out of elections.

What is the point? The discussion of if the votes should count or not is meaningless. If they count Biden wins if they don't Biden wins. Trump has no legitimate path to a second term.
By that logic, there is no reason to be concerned about any voting laws being broken unless it changes the election. Why are people being prosecuted for filling out an extra ballot in Texas? It didn't change the outcome.

It is absolutely not hyperbole. You are acting as if politicians want sew discord to an electorate made up of conspiracy theorists, for their own personal gain. We are literally seeing that being tried right now. Democracy's dont flourish when the electorate no longer believes it is a Democracy. And considering what we have seen this past year, you are being awfully dismissive of civil unrest, which will most certainly happen (if not worse), when people start to feel the other side is cheating them out of elections.
Facepalm

Since we know Trump has lost, the republican Senate should quickly pass this legislation that has been sitting on their desk for over a year and send it to president Biden so we don't have an issue like this with uncertainty in the future.

If they actually gave a shit and weren't just causing chaos to undermine Biden that is.

You've got the SECRETARY OF STATE responding to a question by saying he's looking forward to a smooth transition to...a second Trump term. WTF???

Talk about ratcheting up the vitriol. What's the purpose? How does this help assure our allies around the world that the United States has its act together?

We've never been more vulnerable to our enemies than for the next two months thanks to Trump's bullsh*t.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
You've got the SECRETARY OF STATE responding to a question by saying he's looking forward to a smooth transition to...a second Trump term. WTF???

Talk about ratcheting up the vitriol. What's the purpose? How does this help assure our allies around the world that the United States has its act together?

We've never been more vulnerable to our enemies than for the next two months thanks to Trump's bullsh*t.
Hope we don't get nuked. That would be bad.

[/QUOTE]

I'm generally with you on this, but I think you're way overboard suggesting it could be a constitutional crises. I'm with you here that the balance appears to be on the side of over-ruling the PA Supreme Court. But I think either way the decision would be pretty narrow. There's plenty of reasonable cases where the State Court may be justified in providing this type of relief. If ballots were delivered late to voters, if a natural disaster impacted the ability of the post office to deliver, if a terrorist attack occurred - there are countless scenarios that the legislature may not have considered.

So a decision narrowly agreeing with the court's rationale in this specific case wouldn't mean you have a constitutional crisis.

I'm generally with you on this, but I think you're way overboard suggesting it could be a constitutional crises. I'm with you here that the balance appears to be on the side of over-ruling the PA Supreme Court. But I think either way the decision would be pretty narrow. There's plenty of reasonable cases where the State Court may be justified in providing this type of relief. If ballots were delivered late to voters, if a natural disaster impacted the ability of the post office to deliver, if a terrorist attack occurred - there are countless scenarios that the legislature may not have considered.

So a decision narrowly agreeing with the court's rationale in this specific case wouldn't mean you have a constitutional crisis.
[/QUOTE]

If this was a situation where a catastrophe happened within a week or 2 of the election, it wouldn't be an issue at all for the court to intervene, but there was plenty of time for the legislature to act and they didn't so I dont think the state courts ruling will be upheld.

Why has Donald Trump fired all of the civilian leadership at the DoD today and replaced them with lackeys? 2 months left in his Presidency.

Something is going on for sure. Scaramucci tweeted he thinks it might be a financial thing. A way to pay off Trump debts to foreign countries through the pentagon, with less push back. I have no clue if there is any merit to that, and he was just speculating, but there is obviously some reason for it.

Something is going on for sure. Scaramucci tweeted he thinks it might be a financial thing. A way to pay off Trump debts to foreign countries through the pentagon, with less push back. I have no clue if there is any merit to that, and he was just speculating, but there is obviously some reason for it.

Esper got fired for pushing back on Trump's insane "law and order" demands about using the mil against protestors.

It's looking like Trump wants a lackey SECDEF that will follow his orders, what the hell is the point of firing someone 2 months before they get replaced anyway?

You would think that like all the Democrats and Republicans who have lost before him,

Everyone like Al Gore? He isn't hurting anything by contesting what he believes are Illegal votes. It will take a couple of weeks to jump through the hoops, and If the election was legit, He will have no choice but accept it.
Biden is preparing just like normal, Not one state is certified yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT