ADVERTISEMENT

Question about The Wall

This is nowhere close to being a moral equivalant and you know it.
Yeah I do know that. I don't think fab is racist but I don't think being married to someone who is Hispanic automatically absolves you from the potential to be racist as 85 suggests.

In fact, I'll genuinely apologize to @fabknight for the comment. I don't believe he is racist. I think most people on here are probably good dudes. I just wish some of you would be a little more accepting and compassionate towards people who are legitimately struggling. I'm not sure if it's the color of their skin or their culture or what but at the end of the day the people that are coming over here aren't scary criminals. They are coming to work in an economy that relies on them. Most of them aren't hurting Americans but are actually helping drive GDP and production. So you guys aren't racist but if it's not racism then why do you care about this part of the economy that has existed forever and caused major gains for the US economy?

Reactions: NinjaKnight
In fact, I'll genuinely apologize to @fabknight for the comment. I don't believe he is racist. I think most people on here are probably good dudes. I just wish some of you would be a little more accepting and compassionate towards people who are legitimately struggling. I'm not sure if it's the color of their skin or their culture or what but at the end of the day the people that are coming over here aren't scary criminals. They are coming to work in an economy that relies on them. Most of them aren't hurting Americans but are actually helping drive GDP and production. So you guys aren't racist but if it's not racism then why do you care about this part of the economy that has existed forever and caused major gains for the US economy?

This is nothing more than further left wing rhetorical bullshit just repackaged a little less absurd than your usual posts.

No one - repeat, no one - is against legal migration. Via legal entry points. With legal paperwork. No one on this board has ever voiced opinions to the contrary.

Your attempt to once again spin this into some sort of faux hostility against legal workers is ridiculous. What we want is (gasp!) to assure that everyone crossing our borders are doing so legally, entering legally, and doing so with the legal blessing of our laws. Wow- so radical!

Reactions: UCFWayne
Legitimately struggling. Who are you to say that fab, or 85, or ninja, or anyone else isn't legitimately struggling and deserve the same level of compassion that you give to nameless faceless people that the political class tells you are suffering. You throw slurs at anyone who disagrees with you on this board, acting as they have less humanity than someone from another country. You are the people you hate for being intolerant.

Have you ever once asked any of the people you disagree with on here whether or not they are ok? What is affecting their lives? Or is it just more comfortable thinking that they are caricatures in some political comic.

This is nothing more than further left wing rhetorical bullshit just repackaged a little less absurd than your usual posts.

No one - repeat, no one - is against legal migration. Via legal entry points. With legal paperwork. No one on this board has ever voiced opinions to the contrary.

Your attempt to once again spin this into some sort of faux hostility against legal workers is ridiculous. What we want is (gasp!) to assure that everyone crossing our borders are doing so legally, entering legally, and doing so with the legal blessing of our laws. Wow- so radical!
Do you get this upset when people speed or when people fudge number on their taxes? Why is illegal immigration the law that you are most concerned about being broken? I don't think you're racist but you've been swept up in rhetoric that is at its core aimed at sowing anger towards people who not only aren't causing significant problems but are also adding value to the American economy. You really should ask yourself why the government is shut down over this seemingly harmless issue. There is a group of people out there who don't see this as just a matter of following the law like you do.

Look how much money that we are saving by shutting the govt down! #maga

Do you get this upset when people speed or when people fudge number on their taxes? Why is illegal immigration the law that you are most concerned about being broken? I don't think you're racist but you've been swept up in rhetoric that is at its core aimed at sowing anger towards people who not only aren't causing significant problems but are also adding value to the American economy. You really should ask yourself why the government is shut down over this seemingly harmless issue. There is a group of people out there who don't see this as just a matter of following the law like you do.

[roll]

I’ve heard insane talking points on this issue but this may take the cake.

Someone reporting $50k in income instead of $75k is now somewhat an equivalent problem to having a border that is in many areas useless, where people illegally flood across and break our laws- often bringing drugs and human traffickers with them. Wow- so comparable!

Also the IRS is pretty efficient when it comes to finding people not reporting proper income. They’re dealt with. Our system for dealing with illegal immigration, right now, is mostly absent and once they’re in the country, it’s even worse.

You should really ask yourself why you support a party whose core principle is to assure that a basic thing like assuring people enter legally is not a priority.

[roll]

I’ve heard insane talking points on this issue but this may take the cake.

Someone reporting $50k in income instead of $75k is now somewhat an equivalent problem to having a border that is in many areas useless, where people illegally flood across and break our laws- often bringing drugs and human traffickers with them. Wow- so comparable!

Also the IRS is pretty efficient when it comes to finding people not reporting proper income. They’re dealt with. Our system for dealing with illegal immigration, right now, is mostly absent and once they’re in the country, it’s even worse.

You should really ask yourself why you support a party whose core principle is to assure that a basic thing like assuring people enter legally is not a priority.
You care about drugs coming over the border but not drugs produced here in America? If that's the case start by increasing funding for legal ports of entry.

“We don’t get much heroin seized by Border Patrol coming through, I think just because there are a lot of risks to the smugglers and the difficulty of trying to smuggle it through,” he said.

“The most common method employed by Mexican TCOs [Transnational Criminal Organizations] involves transporting drugs in vehicles through U.S. ports of entry (POEs),” the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) reported in its 2016 National Drug Threat Assessment. “Illicit drugs are smuggled into the United States in concealed compartments within passenger vehicles or commingled with legitimate goods on tractor trailers,”

So since harmful drugs are being brought through ports of entry on roads. Why is the wall the priority?

Because you've been swept up in rhetoric that was aimed at energizing hillbillies and people who want to blame brown people for their problems.

They are breaking laws and border crossings should be done legally but people break all kinds of laws where there is minimal damage to society. There is a reason Trump has chosen this mostly harmless crime to build his campaign around.

Low wage illegals are good for the Upper middle class and elites, who get work done cheaply and fill their pockets. They drive down wages for the lower class citizens of this country. They are good for the upper 1/4 to 1/3 of the population, make little difference to the next 1/4, and are negative for those at the bottom. As for their benefit to society, they drive down wages, don't pay most taxes, cost billions in benefits, and legal cost, and some murder, rape, and bring in drugs. Sorry that is not a seemingly harmless issue.

Low wage illegals are good for the Upper middle class and elites, who get work done cheaply and fill their pockets. They drive down wages for the lower class citizens of this country. They are good for the upper 1/4 to 1/3 of the population, make little difference to the next 1/4, and are negative for those at the bottom. As for their benefit to society, they drive down wages, don't pay most taxes, cost billions in benefits, and legal cost, and some murder, rape, and bring in drugs. Sorry that is not a seemingly harmless issue.

1. They pay taxes. Most illegal workers use fake papers and their taxes get taken out for things like social security and other programs they will never use. They also pay all consumption taxes and local taxes.

2. We are at 3% unemployment. We actually need workers. Wages aren't being driven down, GDP growth is slowed by the lack of productive American workers.

3. Here we go, some of them are murders. This is just silly and irrelevant and only used to scare people.

STILL haven't heard anyone explain how this wall will improve my day to day life. It's almost as if it's a gigantic farce and massive waste if money.

STILL haven't heard anyone explain how this wall will improve my day to day life. It's almost as if it's a gigantic farce and massive waste if money.

Its a symbol of order. I would feel better about the government if it didn't seem like there are 2 standards that they hold people to.

2 nights ago I was detained by a cop at a gas station. I didn't buy alcohol and hadnt been drinking, and the cop was at least 15 feet away from me in the store and yet he could smell alcohol on my breath. He didnt see me drive in and I wasn't driving away at that point but I had to take a field sobreity test, right in front of the busiest street in town. For 45 minutes i was either walking a line, sitting in the back of a cruiser or taking a breathalyzer 4 fricking times. After the first 2, i was told that if I take it again and he doesnt get an "accurate reading " I was going to be arrested for failure to comply. At that point I got pretty pissed and demanded to know what the probable cause was, and was refused an answer. 2 more tries with the same reading and he and the other 2 officers decided that they would "allow" me to drive home. Now we have all seen people leave a bar and drive home in no condition to do so, and we all know that it would be easy for the police to wait around outside and pick up people who are actually breaking the law but it doesnt happen. I think about all of the hoops I have to jump through in life just to be legal, all the way down to mowing my grass or licensing a pet. At the same time, people who arent even citizens are allowed to break the law and are detained for a shorter period of time than I was on a bullshit DUI investigation. At least a wall would give the appearance that the authorities are trying to hold them to the same standard that I am held to.

Its a symbol of order. I would feel better about the government if it didn't seem like there are 2 standards that they hold people to.

2 nights ago I was detained by a cop at a gas station. I didn't buy alcohol and hadnt been drinking, and the cop was at least 15 feet away from me in the store and yet he could smell alcohol on my breath. He didnt see me drive in and I wasn't driving away at that point but I had to take a field sobreity test, right in front of the busiest street in town. For 45 minutes i was either walking a line, sitting in the back of a cruiser or taking a breathalyzer 4 fricking times. After the first 2, i was told that if I take it again and he doesnt get an "accurate reading " I was going to be arrested for failure to comply. At that point I got pretty pissed and demanded to know what the probable cause was, and was refused an answer. 2 more tries with the same reading and he and the other 2 officers decided that they would "allow" me to drive home. Now we have all seen people leave a bar and drive home in no condition to do so, and we all know that it would be easy for the police to wait around outside and pick up people who are actually breaking the law but it doesnt happen. I think about all of the hoops I have to jump through in life just to be legal, all the way down to mowing my grass or licensing a pet. At the same time, people who arent even citizens are allowed to break the law and are detained for a shorter period of time than I was on a bullshit DUI investigation. At least a wall would give the appearance that the authorities are trying to hold them to the same standard that I am held to.

Wow thats pretty fuked up.

So tell me how adding a stupid expensive wall will fix the abuse you suffered by yet another insane power tripping cop?

A logical person would say: hey maybe the wall is dumb, and we should get rid of this insane police state we live in. The US incarnates and murders more people via cop than any other nation per capita in the civilized world. How is a wall going to fix that?

2 nights ago I was detained by a cop at a gas station. I didn't buy alcohol and hadnt been drinking, and the cop was at least 15 feet away from me in the store and yet he could smell alcohol on my breath. He didnt see me drive in and I wasn't driving away at that point but I had to take a field sobreity test, right in front of the busiest street in town.

Sorry you had to deal with that bullsh*t, Crazy. Even if you HAD been drinking, why would it matter if you were minding your own business inside a gas station for crying out loud????

I suspect you're living in a small town and will just put the incident behind you---but you should sue that police department's ass!

Sorry you had to deal with that bullsh*t, Crazy. Even if you HAD been drinking, why would it matter if you were minding your own business inside a gas station for crying out loud????

I suspect you're living in a small town and will just put the incident behind you---but you should sue that police department's ass!
If it happens again I will. A singular instance isn't worthy of a lawsuit, but if it becomes a pattern for me or anyone else that i know and trust then shit will hit the fan.

Wow thats pretty fuked up.

So tell me how adding a stupid expensive wall will fix the abuse you suffered by yet another insane power tripping cop?

A logical person would say: hey maybe the wall is dumb, and we should get rid of this insane police state we live in. The US incarnates and murders more people via cop than any other nation per capita in the civilized world. How is a wall going to fix that?
I can't dismiss your point and am willing to double down on it. My counter is whether or not we should expect the same standard be held for people who arent citizens and subvert our laws.

If it happens again I will. A singular instance isn't worthy of a lawsuit, but if it becomes a pattern for me or anyone else that i know and trust then shit will hit the fan.
Go down to the station and file a complaint.

Good grief, what a bunch of nonsense. I called some of fab's posts 'racist garbage' and explained why they were racist. (Although, in hindsight, the more accurate description would have been xenophobic.) I also apologized to him if he took it personally rather than a commentary on what he posted. But you knew that---and so does everybody else here who's had a chance to read the Stan Lee thread that's been bumped a million times. It's all there in black and white until the thread is eventually deleted.

It's become pretty obvious that you and your friends play this game because you guys can't handle getting publicly owned in actual political discussions. I understood a long time ago that when the other side has no answer for my message, the solution is to personally attack me, the messenger and act like its a real comeback.
you called him racist, apologized, then in 2 or 3 posts later said you meant to call him a racists you were just sorry you got caught. you cant even admit it which is sad.

its pretty obvious i cant handle getting publicly own in an actual political discussion? im pretty sure you were the one that got owned in this discussion. youve been spewing the stupid lie that walls dont work and were flat out shown they are not only effective but over 99% effective. i figured id do the math for you since you werent smart enough to figure out that border walls are effective on your own.

Reactions: UCFKnight85

You mentioned before that you are dark skinned so I'm not shocked by this.

I can't dismiss your point and am willing to double down on it. My counter is whether or not we should expect the same standard be held for people who arent citizens and subvert our laws.

Same standard of what? Harrasment by law enforcement?

I'm sorry I just don't understand how wasting billions on a wall will improve your quality of life.

I'm pretty sure immigrants are being harassed at far greater levels than you are already without a wall, if that's what you are concerned about. Personally I think you should be more worried about the encroaching powers of law enforcement eroding your own liberties.

If you weren't even driving and this happened in the store, the only possible rationale by the cop is drunk and disorderly. Is that what you cited you for? I don't think they do field sobriety tests for people that they're trying to ding for D&D (or do they?).

If so, ask the gas station for their surveillance video footage which most every gas station has. You could use this to file a complaint with the local PD.

Same standard of what? Harrasment by law enforcement?

I'm sorry I just don't understand how wasting billions on a wall will improve your quality of life.

I'm pretty sure immigrants are being harassed at far greater levels than you are already without a wall, if that's what you are concerned about. Personally I think you should be more worried about the encroaching powers of law enforcement eroding your own liberties.
That's kind of my point. People are tired of feeling like they are working their butts off to feed a government that is holding them to a different standard than someone else. It's not just immigrants either, its anyone who is able to break laws that i am told to obey because they're in a protected class. That doesn't mean i want to break the law, its that i want everyone to be treated the same. A wall signifies that the government is as serious about immigration laws as they are about vehicle licensing or keeping trash out of a persons lawn. If the bill for a wall was more than we spend on corporate welfare or income tax compliance then I would question it more, but it isnt.

Let's say the wall would only cost a few million bucks. Would you be ok with it then?

If you weren't even driving and this happened in the store, the only possible rationale by the cop is drunk and disorderly. Is that what you cited you for? I don't think they do field sobriety tests for people that they're trying to ding for D&D (or do they?).

If so, ask the gas station for their surveillance video footage which most every gas station has. You could use this to file a complaint with the local PD.
I literally just walked in, got a soda and then left. Never said a word to anyone other than thank you , and the cop was at least 15 feet away from me and was there before I pulled up. I was working alone for the previous 2 hours and only drove maybe 10 blocks to the gas station. Nobody saw me drinking, I wasn't speeding, nothing to break the law, period. I wasn't cited for anything. The whole thing was bullshit.

That's kind of my point. People are tired of feeling like they are working their butts off to feed a government that is holding them to a different standard than someone else. It's not just immigrants either, its anyone who is able to break laws that i am told to obey because they're in a protected class. That doesn't mean i want to break the law, its that i want everyone to be treated the same. A wall signifies that the government is as serious about immigration laws as they are about vehicle licensing or keeping trash out of a persons lawn. If the bill for a wall was more than we spend on corporate welfare or income tax compliance then I would question it more, but it isnt.

Let's say the wall would only cost a few million bucks. Would you be ok with it then?

I understand the frustration of believing certain people are protected classes and get more of a break. The problem is that this is of course complete bullshit and no where near reality. You honestly think immigrants have it easier than you do when it comes to law enforcement? They get racially profiled, have to worry every single day about deportation. Hell if your "field sobriety" test happened to an illegal immigrant they would be on their way to an ICE detention facility and then back to central america, and all you had to deal with was 45 minutes of your life wasted.

I understand the frustration of believing certain people are protected classes and get more of a break. The problem is that this is of course complete bullshit and no where near reality. You honestly think immigrants have it easier than you do when it comes to law enforcement? They get racially profiled, have to worry every single day about deportation. Hell if your "field sobriety" test happened to an illegal immigrant they would be on their way to an ICE detention facility and then back to central america, and all you had to deal with was 45 minutes of your life wasted.
Why would they worry about deportation if they hadn't broken the law? I'm certainly not comparing my field sobriety test to the circumstances that people in central America live with daily. The issue is whether or not they are held to the same standard when they break the law.

Compare immigration to a drivers license. You have to start out by taking a test. If you fail the test you aren't allowed to drive, and if you are caught doing so then you go to jail.
Most people don't really need to go through that process to be a safe driver, just like most immigrants will be productive citizens, but its still a process that people have to go through in order to receive that right.

Now compare the wall to a speed limit sign. A speed limit isnt just to keep a person from going over a certain speed for an arbitrary reason, its an indication of what reckless driving is and going over that is not considered safe. Yes, people still speed just like people will still come here illegally, but for people who care about safety, order, and the law it is an effective means of delineating what is acceptable and what isnt. To that end, is the expense of speed limit signs a good investment for keeping our roads safe? If it was 1000 times higher would it still be a good investment?

Also, yo mama so fat she sweats bacon grease. And you're ugly and nobody loves you. Shit tier poster.

Why would they worry about deportation if they hadn't broken the law? I'm certainly not comparing my field sobriety test to the circumstances that people in central America live with daily. The issue is whether or not they are held to the same standard when they break the law.

Compare immigration to a drivers license. You have to start out by taking a test. If you fail the test you aren't allowed to drive, and if you are caught doing so then you go to jail.
Most people don't really need to go through that process to be a safe driver, just like most immigrants will be productive citizens, but its still a process that people have to go through in order to receive that right.

Now compare the wall to a speed limit sign. A speed limit isnt just to keep a person from going over a certain speed for an arbitrary reason, its an indication of what reckless driving is and going over that is not considered safe. Yes, people still speed just like people will still come here illegally, but for people who care about safety, order, and the law it is an effective means of delineating what is acceptable and what isnt. To that end, is the expense of speed limit signs a good investment for keeping our roads safe? If it was 1000 times higher would it still be a good investment?

Also, yo mama so fat she sweats bacon grease. And you're ugly and nobody loves you. Shit tier poster.

Sorry, I'm talking about illegal immigrants that are here in the US. If one of them encountered a cop like you described happened to you they would be a hell of a lot worse off than you.

And when did you meet my mother? Rude to not invite me.

Here's Angus King on CNN, who caucuses with Democrats, using facts and reason to support a wall/fence barrier.

He's going to get slapped around by lefties so fast.

A wall or fencing is relatively mild as far as immigration enforcement goes. It doesn’t involve deporting anyone. It doesn’t separate families. It doesn’t prosecute and detain anyone. It doesn’t deny any illegal immigrant currently working in the United States a job. All it does is seek to avoid getting in a situation where any of these things is necessary in the first place.

A wall doesn’t close down the border, or close us off to the world. There are still ports of entry. People can still travel to and from Mexico. People can still, for that matter, fly to Paris. It just diminishes illegal entry at certain strategic points.

Sorry, I'm talking about illegal immigrants that are here in the US. If one of them encountered a cop like you described happened to you they would be a hell of a lot worse off than you.

And when did you meet my mother? Rude to not invite me.

We were both sexting you. 85 was there too. Granted, he was sitting in the corner by himself holding the camcorder but i swore he invited you.

Lol at me saying camcorder. Reminiscent of 1997 at a husker game, back when we were relevant.

We were both sexting you. 85 was there too. Granted, he was sitting in the corner by himself holding the camcorder but i swore he invited you.

Lol at me saying camcorder. Reminiscent of 1997 at a husker game, back when we were relevant.

The hell is a camcorder? Man getting old is weird, you talk about made up inventions and semi naked dudes wrestling each other in a ring in front of thousands of your closest friends/relatives/sexual partners.

Reactions: Crazyhole
The hell is a camcorder? Man getting old is weird, you talk about made up inventions and semi naked dudes wrestling each other in a ring in front of thousands of your closest friends/relatives/sexual partners.

Shit tier post. Nobody has a closet that big.

Damn my eyes. You said closest, not closet.

Another thing to look forward to, going blind and getting dementia. I was describing WWF wrestling from your hulk Hogan comment. Or maybe it's just a nebrsaka thing. It's not for everyone after all.

Reactions: Crazyhole
1. They pay taxes. Most illegal workers use fake papers and their taxes get taken out for things like social security and other programs they will never use. They also pay all consumption taxes and local taxes.

2. We are at 3% unemployment. We actually need workers. Wages aren't being driven down, GDP growth is slowed by the lack of productive American workers.

3. Here we go, some of them are murders. This is just silly and irrelevant and only used to scare people.
4000 Homicides in 2 years is silly and irrevelevant?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT