ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update Thread

He looks like a McCrae type although he's a few inches shorter. I like the way he sees the wholes, fakes out tacklers, squirts through tight spots and turns on the jets. Note: This last statement has nothing to do with sex :)
Looks like he's not afraid of contact too. Watched a few runs and saw him run straight into a defender and break loose for a big chunk play. Maybe it was a td.

Randy working the 305

VfjMNJ.png

How long do we have Randy Shannon for? I feel like once the UF money runs out, we're screwed.
This is an important question. I havent read about his contract for maybe a year now but I am under the impression we have at least another year.

I know people say he under achieves but all of our top rated recruits were on defense so I'm happy. And even though I was a big proponent of the 3-4, I see the pros of his style.

How long do we have Randy Shannon for? I feel like once the UF money runs out, we're screwed.
Screwed? How so? So far haven't you found him and his recruiting to be less than impressive?

Screwed? How so? So far haven't you found him and his recruiting to be less than impressive?
Compared to our offensive recruiting its been good. If we keep repeating last years recruiting class, in two years we'll have the best defense in the AAC. Morris-Brash, Hester, Corbitt, Goode, and Cutts are all big time recruits for us.

Imagine if offensive recruiting improves this year and defensive just stays the same (likely improves).

God the offseason is long.

Compared to our offensive recruiting its been good. If we keep repeating last years recruiting class, in two years we'll have the best defense in the AAC. Morris-Brash, Hester, Corbitt, Goode, and Cutts are all big time recruits for us.

Imagine if offensive recruiting improves this year and defensive just stays the same (likely improves).

Very impressed with the players you mentioned. Are you sure that Shannon recruited them? And you are so right the off season is sooo long! LOL

Reactions: Knight Strength
Very impressed with the players you mentioned. Are you sure that Shannon recruited them? And you are so right the off season is sooo long! LOL
Nah I doubt CRS was their primary recruiter. But if we had any other DC we wouldn't get those guys (year one of a new DC). Hope CRS can do it again and offensive recruiting matches it.

Next big event is to get all 2019 recruits on campus end of June;
followed by mad rush by 2020 recruits to sign by end of July before their senior season.

Expecting another big recruiting class coming up :)

Next big event is to get all 2019 recruits on campus end of June;
followed by mad rush by 2020 recruits to sign by end of July before their senior season.

Expecting another big recruiting class coming up :)
I hope so! Looking forward to it!

Its early but Cincy is already off to a great start.

Nah I doubt CRS was their primary recruiter. But if we had any other DC we wouldn't get those guys (year one of a new DC). Hope CRS can do it again and offensive recruiting matches it.
You could be right. I hope recruitment both sides of the ball picks up soon. Of the four we have, is it true Quadric Bullard and Corey Thornton aren't ranked at all?

You could be right. I hope recruitment both sides of the ball picks up soon. Of the four we have, is it true Quadric Bullard and Corey Thornton aren't ranked at all?
Not sure about rivals but 247 shows a ranking for them. On there all of our recruits are low range 3*. I guess all recruits will get re-rated this spring and fall and it seems that recruit raters believe Bullard and Richardson could be underrated.

As long as we don't have any sexual assaults, recruiting is the peak of excitment around this time of year.

Reactions: ahabmw

I have found him impressive thus far. Granted we haven't seen his recruits on the field yet so time will tell, but I'm not expecting a bunch of four stars to walk through the door now that we have him as our DC.

1. He's able to make adjustments, albeit a little slow for us, but we move in light speed.
2. He didn't have enough depth last year, but this year he will (for rotation).
3. Now in his 2nd year preparing a defense that has an offense like ours.
4. He's been a HC, experience counts.

If our defense tanks year two I would change my mind.

I have found him impressive thus far. Granted we haven't seen his recruits on the field yet so time will tell, but I'm not expecting a bunch of four stars to walk through the door now that we have him as our DC.

1. He's able to make adjustments, albeit a little slow for us, but we move in light speed.
2. He didn't have enough depth last year, but this year he will (for rotation).
3. Now in his 2nd year preparing a defense that has an offense like ours.
4. He's been a HC, experience counts.

If our defense tanks year two I would change my mind.
I want so badly to be wrong but so far I'm not impressed with how long it takes him to adjust his defense during a game and I can't see that he has been the recruiting guru that so many have made him out to be. Again, I want to be wrong and I'm sure I'll get some replies that tell me I already am. [laughing]

I want so badly to be wrong but so far I'm not impressed with how long it takes him to adjust his defense during a game and I can't see that he has been the recruiting guru that so many have made him out to be. Again, I want to be wrong and I'm sure I'll get some replies that tell me I already am. [laughing]
He’s been adjusting, players just aren’t listening until halftime. Plus it’s kinda hard to make adjustments in a minute and 12 seconds.

Reactions: muckdawg24

The adjustment thing is glaring but at the same time, they've only run his defense for ONE YEAR. I fully expect the adjustments to be quicker this season. I'm thinking because Randy won't have to draw it up in the locker room because the guys will already know what to change or adjust. I'm pretty sure if we can see the time it takes to see a difference, the coaches can really see it as well.

For the recruiting comment, there's no doubt the guy has a South FL pipeline. I wanna know how you can come to that conclusion when his guys haven't even hit the field? If it was after year three and our recruits were duds then I could see what you are saying, but we'll still have many Frost recruits playing this year. Hell maybe even a few GOL guys.

Reactions: Yaes
You come out with a game plan and you give it a chance.
The kids (both sides) are running their butts off trying to make the game plan work.
At half time you have face-to-face time to make adjustments. He can't be in the field house above which gives great views and on the sidelines at the same time.
I like how he calms the players down at halftime and doesn't get in their faces.

To win 25, almost 26 games in a row takes great preparation and coaching. We've been very fortunate with both groups of coaches we've had. They've recruited the talent they need for their system of UCFast and UCFierce. I remember when GOL first got here and brought in his coaches. GOL was spending just as much time coaching his coaches as he was the players. Not with these last 2 groups of coaches. Great atmosphere for winning teams :)

Stumbled into this little tidbit during my hourly desperate search for UCF sports info. Charge on!

I was looking at his highlights on YouTube this morning and he is not the prototypical center (neither is Alok). Diggs is like a stretch 4. He hit 40% from 3pt as a center! He moves well, seals his man off, great turnaround jumper, like a big raw KD. I'm trying to image how this offense is going to work with no true post player in the starting lineup. My projected starting lineup is:

Ingram 6'5" PG
Milon 6'5" SG
Doumbia 6'7" (Doumbia and Fuller are physically specimen, slasher wing defenders.
Smith 6'11"
Diggs 6'10"

https://iuhoosiers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=10211

2018 (Junior): Appeared in 12 games with one start at tackle ... posted 10 tackles, eight solo, one sack, one forced fumble and one blocked kick ... forced the first fumble of his career at No. 3 Ohio State (10/6) ... made three stops against Iowa (10/13) ... blocked the first kick (PAT) of his career against No. 18 Penn State (10/20) ... recorded his first career sack in the season finale against Purdue (11/24).

The DLine might be a strength this year. UCF might be better off in BB and FB getting high level transfers that want to return home.

Doubt DL is a strength relative to the secondary. Let's see what plays out with Goode and whatever other DL transfers we're pursuing.

Also the offense looks solid with mostly starters or second stringers that have about as much experience as starters. If QB play is good we'll be back at 100% on offense.

These are exciting times

Reactions: KnightLife1
So we should be expecting some “we can’t get high quality transfers, fire everyone” from the FB?
Also, I think we should expect more brothers of starters to come here. Wilson has a 9th grade brother who has an offer from us and Jordan Davis brother of Gabe will be here in 2020. His film is awesome. He is a classic TE (not like his brother) that can be used to block for quick hitting running plays out of our backfield and has really good hands :)

https://247sports.com/Video/full-season-missed-a-game-9087025/

Also, I think we should expect more brothers of starters to come here. Wilson has a 9th grade brother who has an offer from us and Jordan Davis brother of Gabe will be here in 2020. His film is awesome. He is a classic TE (not like his brother) that can be used to block for quick hitting running plays out of our backfield and has really good hands :)

https://247sports.com/Video/full-season-missed-a-game-9087025/
I'd be pumped if Wilson's brother came here

DL question for you guys. Kengaria Daniel from Kentuky is immediately eligible but is listed as a DE. Height and bodyweight according to 247 is 6-5" 260lbs but UK website says 235lbs. If he is 260lbs, is that heavy enough to be what were looking for? I realize the coaches will have to verify and vet him as a DT.

I'm asking about him because he is from FL and he liked one of Heups posts on Twitter recently. His other recent likes don't seem to be from other programs. Looks like friends, etc. He hasn't had much play time (similar to Brandon Wilson I think).

https://247sports.com/Player/Kengera-Daniel-32436/college-136912/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT