ADVERTISEMENT

School Shooting - Coral Springs

The NCIC seriously needs to be fixed before any new laws can be added to what it verifies. The FBI and others have been complaining about that for years. The NCIC is at the mercy of the accuracy of the information in it.

Many of the recent, mass shooters were NCIC false negatives. That's not a 'loophole,' that's a failure of the existing system. Adding more rules to it will not solve that issue, it will only be worse.

Reactions: UCFWayne
The NCIC seriously needs to be fixed before any new laws can be added to what it verifies. The FBI and others have been complaining about that for years. The NCIC is at the mercy of the accuracy of the information in it.

Many of the recent, mass shooters were NCIC false negatives. That's not a 'loophole,' that's a failure of the existing system. Adding more rules to it will not solve that issue, it will only be worse.
NCIC absolutely needs to be fixed. that should be a major focus right now

This really isn't the typical "politicians lie" area though. These cretins are going on national TV and some are throwing around accusations about who "has blood on their hands" and "wants children to die". And they're using invented facts (lies) like these to assist in doing that.

It's a valid point. If the lefties in Congress REALLY want a sane, rationale debate about "common sense" laws that could actually stop mass shootings while not destroying the 2nd Amendment, then the hyperbole and lies need to stop.
Wow...you really are backwards. The second amendment was established 200 fkn years ago for way different circumtances. You want invented facts and avoiding the real issue....see the NRA and retardplicans

Wow...you really are backwards. The second amendment was established 200 fkn years ago for way different circumtances. You want invented facts and avoiding the real issue....see the NRA and retardplicans

The 1st Amendment was created at the same time. We should get rid of that too. 200 year old laws suck. Get rid of the entire BoR.

Oh look- another giant worthless pile of shit who thinks using regard as an insult is funny.

Crawl back to the hole you came from and get out of the WC, moron

Oh look- another giant worthless pile of shit who thinks using regard as an insult is funny.

Crawl back to the hole you came from and get out of the WC, moron

Remember when you said you don't attack posters? Remember when you've said you don't lose your cool. Hell, you my friend, are a shining example of why we should revisit gun laws. Someone with your rage issues should never be issued a gun.

And arming teachers, as some have proposed, is the most asinine thing I've ever heard. https://www.charlottefive.com/arming-teachers/

Oh, and I'm also not shocked that Wayne - and I'm sure many of you -are mocking the students who survived the shooting.

Remember when you said you don't attack posters? Remember when you've said you don't lose your cool. Hell, you my friend, are a shining example of why we should revisit gun laws. Someone with your rage issues should never be issued a gun.

And arming teachers, as some have proposed, is the most asinine thing I've ever heard. https://www.charlottefive.com/arming-teachers/

Oh, and I'm also not shocked that Wayne - and I'm sure many of you -are mocking the students who survived the shooting.

Honestly - GTFO. Your act is soooo old here

I attack people who think using “retard” as an insult is funny. Since you’re a SJW I thought you’d applaud but instead you’re just going to whine about me

i dont want to arm all teachers. i think that is actually a dumb idea.

i want to remove the gun free zone act, and allow teachers the ability to carry if they want. i think we need to get real security experts involved and have them create plans to better protect our schools. definitely need to have police resource officers at every school. someone in the dungeon suggest crash boxes. i think there might be some merit there.

i think we also need to have conversations on how to better treat mental health. we also need to have a rational conversation about fixing back ground checks. but its hard to have a rational conversation when people are screaming.

where did i mock the survivors? im not a heartless person. i might not agree with their political stance and i think they are being used as puppets, but im not going to mock them for being survivors.

Thing is we were having a perfectly civil conversation until a left leaning anti gun poster cane in and started insulting people in multiple threads

I still cant believe that its not law for states to report felony information to ncic already. this is a complete and total failure. trump and co need to get on this tomorrow. nra even backs this. wtf is the problem?!

This Democrat Broward Sheriff last night placated to the thousands at CNN Euphoria Party saying he didn’t want ANY administrators armed when he knew full well his OWN DEPUTY DID JACKSQUAT which he hid that info since the day of the shooting so it wouldn’t come out till AFTER his National TV Appearance.

#sickening

so the SRO froze up in the moment but some think arming teachers is a good idea....the guy is going to feel like shit the rest of his life. The choice of being a coward to save his own life or most likely dying a Hero, no way to know how many other SROs or teachers at other schools would do the same.

so the SRO froze up in the moment but some think arming teachers is a good idea....the guy is going to feel like shit the rest of his life. The choice of being a coward to save his own life or most likely dying a Hero, no way to know how many other SROs or teachers at other schools would do the same.

Many people did not freeze up. Some died attempting to take on the shooter or protect others. I wish to God that THEY had the means to respond in kind.

This is THE ENTIRE POINT. Find those that are CAPABLE of responding and train them. Get the NRA involved and run them through their active shooter program.

I’m sure you’re making the mistake of thinking that anyone with a badge is equipped to handle an active shooter response but they aren’t. Many SROs are woefully unprepared for this situation. And frankly they often have less will to intervene on behalf of students than a teacher would.

So we shouldn't give them a chance at all because they might freeze up? I have no idea how I'd react if someone came at me with a gun and I hope I never have to know. I'd still rather have the opportunity of saving my own life and/or others around me instead of the only option being death or hoping the guy has bad aim.

Many people did not freeze up. Some died attempting to take on the shooter or protect others. I wish to God that THEY had the means to respond in kind.

This is THE ENTIRE POINT. Find those that are CAPABLE of responding and train them. Get the NRA involved and run them through their active shooter program.

I’m sure you’re making the mistake of thinking that anyone with a badge is equipped to handle an active shooter response but they aren’t. Many SROs are woefully unprepared for this situation. And frankly they often have less will to intervene on behalf of students than a teacher would.

I'd much prefer a different organization than the NRA teach an active shooter class. You whine and cry about partisanship but the NRA is as partisan as it gets. I get that at the "core" their purpose was one thing but like many organizations both liberal and conservative, it's just a partisan political machine right now.

*cue 85 telling me I'm wrong*

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I'd much prefer a different organization than the NRA teach an active shooter class. You whine and cry about partisanship but the NRA is as partisan as it gets. I get that at the "core" their purpose was one thing but like many organizations both liberal and conservative, it's just a partisan political machine right now.

Lol. The NRA knows nothing about guns and self defense.

Fine, we will have Planned Parenthood do the training

Not the largest firearms safety and training organization in the world

You are wrong . The NRA has a lobbying arm just like planned parenthood etc . They also have the most comprehensive training and SAFETY course around . Concealed carry classes spend a huge amount of time and energy explaining that the permit is NOT a license to shoot folks and goes in detail teaching this

You are wrong . The NRA has a lobbying arm just like planned parenthood etc . They also have the most comprehensive training and SAFETY course around . Concealed carry classes spend a huge amount of time and energy explaining that the permit is NOT a license to shoot folks and goes in detail teaching this

I'm not "wrong". You just made my point. They have a massive lobbying arm that is part of the same organization. If you don't think they intermingle, HA.

Planned Parenthood is also a massive provider of Women's Health Services (besides abortion), yet the whole organization is evil in your eyes. Same thing homie.

I'm not "wrong". You just made my point. They have a massive lobbying arm that is part of the same organization. If you don't think they intermingle, HA.

Planned Parenthood is also a massive provider of Women's Health Services (besides abortion), yet the whole organization is evil in your eyes. Same thing homie.

So you won't go to the best doctor available if he/she is conservative? Won't going to a great mechanic if they conceal carry and donates to the NRA? Lol.

I didn’t say it was all evil . But here’s the thing you have no clue about . NRA members have to actually subscribe to the ILA which is the legal lobbying arm . Safety and training classes do not have anything to do with lobbying . The NRA also instructs everyone to 100 percent follow the law to the letter .

So you won't go to the best doctor available if he/she is conservative? Won't going to a great mechanic if they conceal carry and donates to the NRA? Lol.

Huh? No. I'd just prefer a different organization do it. Whether it be police, FBI or something of the sort. Not the NRA.

Huh? No. I'd just prefer a different organization do it. Whether it be police, FBI or something of the sort. Not the NRA.

That just doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't you want the best organization doing the training? The NRA trains the police. Pretty much every conceal carry class is taught by NRA certified instructors.

If I wanted a baby killed I'd go to Planned Parenthood even if I disagree with their message, they are the best at it.

That just doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't you want the best organization doing the training? The NRA trains the police. Pretty much every conceal carry class is taught by NRA certified instructors.

If I wanted a baby killed I'd go to Planned Parenthood even if I disagree with their message, they are the best at it.

Luckily they don't kill babies.

NRA literally does some of the best training in the country. they might not be the best at the more advanced stuff, but certainly at the beginner levels. i get you might not like their politics, but you cant deny their training credibility. i really cant think of another training group on a national level that even comes close.

NRA literally does some of the best training in the country. they might not be the best at the more advanced stuff, but certainly at the beginner levels. i get you might not like their politics, but you cant deny their training credibility. i really cant think of another training group on a national level that even comes close.

Other than "they do most of it" (which just demonstrates their power over the whole thing) can you show me any statistics or proven results that demonstrates your statement?

is it time to have a serious discussion about gun reform? Not a gun ban. Not an attack on 2nd amendment rights. Leave the gun lobbyists out of it. We have a lot of smart people in this country, I think we can come up with a real solution if we tried. Giving more people guns at the school may be the end result but I don't think thats the best option
I guess you're fighting the right wing crazies on this post......Off his rocker 85, Wacko Wayne, and I didn't know knight light was a right wing crazy

Other than "they do most of it" (which just demonstrates their power over the whole thing) can you show me any statistics or proven results that demonstrates your statement?
why dont you look for some gun training. there is a good chance any of the trainers you would actually go to will show you they were certified by the nra.

Wow...you really are backwards.
And you are extremely poor read. The framers of the US understood what they were doing. If you'd read them, you'd know.

Case in point ...

The second amendment was established 200 fkn years ago for way different circumtances.
No, the exact same circumstances! The individual right to bear arms, and assemble as one sees fit.

The crown said 'no' in 1775, and tried to take weapons by force.

Just like the crown did the same with the right to free speech and assembly into a press in 1770.

You want invented facts and avoiding the real issue....see the NRA and retardplicans
Portable, repeating weapons and the precursors to the modern cartridge were invented during the lifetimes of the framers of this country.

Can't help it if you're going to be a media sheep, and not read up on your own, American history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT