ADVERTISEMENT

Shooting at High School in Santa Fe, TX

More personal insults because you can't debate with facts. Typical hypocrite.
What I said was fact . To suggest someone you disagree with would take the next step and start shooting people is pathetic and in no way necessary . Anyone who supports you making that statement is pathetic as well . I’m finished trying to communicate with you here

What I said was fact . To suggest someone you disagree with would take the next step and start shooting people is pathetic and in no way necessary . Anyone who supports you making that statement is pathetic as well . I’m finished trying to communicate with you here

You are joking right? You literally said the exact same thing about me when I've never even so much that's threatened anyone on here. 85 actually has a history of telling people to kill themselves

LOL I can only imagine the insanity you’re responding to here. Smh

Just to be clear @btbones you are saying what I said is not ok now, but it was ok when both you and 85 said the exact same thing about me? Despite the fact I've never once threatened or stalked anyone (unlike 85)

Are you going to answer this or just ignore it like you did the other day when I called out your 100% false claim about the death threats 85 has admitted to on here?

This thread is bumped yet I only see my last post

I sense a dark disturbance in the Force

Could be wrong but I think he can be charged straight away

Don't know the facts in this kids history yet but it's doubtful unless he was prohibited from possessing a gun and the father knowingly gave him access.

Don't know the facts in this kids history yet but it's doubtful unless he was prohibited from possessing a gun and the father knowingly gave him access.

Nah. Kids should not have access to weapons unsupervised today. Too much has changed. If this kid broke into his dad's gun safe then that is one thing. If he had unfettered access then that is another.

I completely understand what is wrong with that because my dad had rifles and shotguns on a rack in his bedroom and a pistol in his nightstand when I was a kid and I never stole them and killed my classmates. I never touched them unless he handed them to me but we're in a different culture now. There is a mental issue that nobody wants to acknowledge so gun owners need to do their part to mitigate the problem or we are all going to lose our rights. Lock it all up. I'm only 32 fwiw, not some old fogey.

Nah. Kids should not have access to weapons unsupervised today. Too much has changed. If this kid broke into his dad's gun safe then that is one thing. If he had unfettered access then that is another.

I completely understand what is wrong with that because my dad had rifles and shotguns on a rack in his bedroom and a pistol in his nightstand when I was a kid and I never stole them and killed my classmates. I never touched them unless he handed them to me but we're in a different culture now. There is a mental issue that nobody wants to acknowledge so gun owners need to do their part to mitigate the problem or we are all going to lose our rights. Lock it all up. I'm only 32 fwiw, not some old fogey.

All I'm saying is that I don't think at this point we can say that the father broke any laws.

In reference to the underlined point: holy fuking shit what an incredibly flawed argument.

All I'm saying is that I don't think at this point we can say that the father broke any laws.

He didn't break any laws unless he knew his son was going to kill a bunch of kids and gave him a gun which is impossible to prove. Having guns unsecured in your house or car is legal. I think we still need to find a way to make parents more culpable for their children. That has nothing to do with guns. Just parenting overall.

Reactions: Knight_Light
He didn't break any laws unless he knew his son was going to kill a bunch of kids and gave him a gun which is impossible to prove. Having guns unsecured in your house or car is legal. I think we still need to find a way to make parents more culpable for their children. That has nothing to do with guns. Just parenting overall.
Depends on your jurisdiction. Some jurisdictions require you to secure your weapons with minors in the household. Regardless, if you don’t secure your weapon from your family; and then your family uses said weapon to go on a rampage and kill or maim dozens of people, then you should bear some responsibility. Even the NRA would agree with this stance.

The number of school shootings that have happened since the year 2000

ENGLAND: 0
GREECE: 1
NETHERLANDS: 1
SPAIN: 1
INDIA: 1
ARGENTINA: 1
RUSSIA: 1
CHINA: 3
AUSTRALIA: 5
CANADA: 5
GERMANY: 5
SOUTH AFRICA: 5
USA: 213

Source? And please include other weapons and deaths outside of schools (vehicles, knives, bombs, fists, etc) and number of deaths per capita. You seem to think that kids wanting to kill each other in the US is a gun problem when in fact it is a kid problem. Why do kids the US want to kill each other more than other countries?

I can always count on Poolside to instantly share whatever slanted tweet or FB post he sees on a daily basis.

But hey- let’s all move to India. They have obscene levels of poverty, death, famine, rape, and homicides but this list says only 1 school shooting!

Reactions: UCFWayne
I can always count on Poolside to instantly share whatever slanted tweet or FB post he sees on a daily basis.

But hey- let’s all move to India. They have obscene levels of poverty, death, famine, rape, and homicides but this list says only 1 school shooting!

God you have just the worst logic of any person I've interacted with. I guess you completely missed the fact that a near 3rd world country can manage to avoid school shootings with what must be near non existent mental health facilities and school protectection, why can't the US?

Here’s a live shot of the shooter being taken into custody

56d98cec1e0000950070f45a.jpeg

Man, this post has not aged well now that it's known the shooter is red hat Trump nut hugger.

If this isn’t something that you, or your source, pulled out of thin air, I’d lay money that 213 number includes 1-on-1 violence over things like drugs and girlfriends that just happens to occur on or near a school’s grounds rather than mass casualty attacks. And that the other countries aren’t counted similarly.

I can sense the gun grabbers are having a tough time with this one since the asshole used a shotgun and a revolver. Firearms that have been around for hundreds of years. There’s no semi automatic black gun to obsess over on CNN and MSNBC all day.

Oh and IEDs.

It’s almost as if they realize that the type of weapon isn’t all that important, and when a terrorist/maniac wants to commit mass murder, they simply will. With whatever they have available.

I can sense the gun grabbers are having a tough time with this one since the asshole used a shotgun and a revolver. Firearms that have been around for hundreds of years. There’s no semi automatic black gun to obsess over on CNN and MSNBC all day.

Oh and IEDs.

It’s almost as if they realize that the type of weapon isn’t all that important, and when a terrorist/maniac wants to commit mass murder, they simply will. With whatever they have available.
One dickhead said the IED’s weren’t lethal

If this isn’t something that you, or your source, pulled out of thin air, I’d lay money that 213 number includes 1-on-1 violence over things like drugs and girlfriends that just happens to occur on or near a school’s grounds rather than mass casualty attacks. And that the other countries aren’t counted similarly.

I read through the list. Among other things, it includes the Beltway Sniper, a kid with a pellet gun, gang fights outside of schools, and several instances of suicide.

Seriously, anybody who calls the Beltway Sniper a school shooting has lost all credibility.

Fun fact: the Boston bombing brothers also were school shooters. They killed a cop near MIT. Not sure that this meets my definition of a school shooting, but it's one of the 200+ listed.

"A pellet gun was fired at a school bus, breaking a window. There were no injuries."

That may be the most horrible school shooting in history.

Lol. It was pulled off of some random guy's Twitter account. Cause, you know, that's a trusted source of all things credible!

Is that you, @NinjaKnight ?

And you wonder why people have no faith in the news agencies anymore:

“A source at Facebook confirmed the company deleted the Instagram account after Friday's shooting at Santa Fe High School, along with his apparent Facebook account. (Update: Facebook initially said it had "removed the shooter's accounts" from its platforms. Facebook now says it is not certain of the shooter's ties to the Instagram account.)”

And you wonder why people have no faith in the news agencies anymore:

“A source at Facebook confirmed the company deleted the Instagram account after Friday's shooting at Santa Fe High School, along with his apparent Facebook account. (Update: Facebook initially said it had "removed the shooter's accounts" from its platforms. Facebook now says it is not certain of the shooter's ties to the Instagram account.)”

Sounds like Facebook changed their story, not the news agency

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT