ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina State

Assuming Frost stays and we have no big injuries the only games that I could see being a challenge is away @ USF & Memphis

Also two years in a row without Houston?

Assuming Frost stays and we have no big injuries the only games that I could see being a challenge is away @ USF & Memphis

Yeah play the same teams from the west back to back years home and away and then rotate. Which is why we didn’t play Memphis last couple years. Or navy.

I was hoping that Danny White would be able to talk to Steve Hogan and get a kickoff classic game here for an "8th" home game.

Reactions: jetsaholic
South Carolina State? What, Little Sisters Of The Poor not available? Why do we schedule these crap teams? And they wonder why locals don't come to the games.

USF is going to suck next year, that's when they'll be calling for Strong's head

South Carolina State? What, Little Sisters Of The Poor not available? Why do we schedule these crap teams? And they wonder why locals don't come to the games.
It takes 2 unless you want to concede and only have 4 home games with a bunch of 1 and dones.

I heard there was a chance at Miami getting on the schedule but they probably don't want to risk playing UCF On Campus

Our OOC is just fine. We can’t predict what a team will be 4-5 yrs down the road. Anybody think when Stanford signed us up the 0-12 sh-tshow would show up for them? We got two mid-tier P5 schools. People act like we are going to cakewalk through these teams. We likely won’t but this is an opportunity to prove ourselves again, and not against the likes of the top tier programs on the road. These are the kind of games we have to regularly win, and then pull some wins over major programs (or st least programs on thier game...like Baylor was at the time)

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Rumor has it that DW is trying to replace one of our OOC home games (I’m assuming SC St) with Miami. Not sure if/how he’s going to be able to pull that off but let’s hope it gets done.

Don't sleep on FAU. Lane Kiffin is a douche, but he scores points. Of course that is assuming he doesn't bail on FAU like he did Tennessee. Your home schedule, outside of South Carolina State, looks pretty good. All household names. Should help with attendance.

FAU will eventually be ranked if Kiffin stays. We have a home and away with them and we should be concerned. They don't suck anymore and are improving at a rapid rate. Expect them to upset a P5 who keep scheduling them as a cupcake. Some team is in for a surprise

Reactions: KnightLife1
We play the SC State's because it wasn't too long ago WE we're other people's SC State. That's how college football works. The better team gets a gimme win and the smaller team gets a pay day to try to improve its program. Without that scenario, schools like...basically everyone not in a P5 get better.

We play the SC State's because it wasn't too long ago WE we're other people's SC State. That's how college football works. The better team gets a gimme win and the smaller team gets a pay day to try to improve its program. Without that scenario, schools like...basically everyone not in a P5 get better.
Most UCF fans never saw us as FCS. It was a long time ago.

It is what it is, but SC State is very underwhelming. We're bound to start the season ranked if we win out, we should've tried to make an impression right off the bat, not play an FCS team.

We're still whining about P5's not playing us now. We can't be hypocrites.
Last I checked Danny White has relatives at 2 different P5 Universities. Frost doesn't have friends at other schools that would play us? Hitt? Anyone have friends or friends if friends?

I wish we could hear recordings of DW making calls to try and schedule that last OOC game for 2018. I bet he got some interesting reaction ranging from panicked hang ups to "hell no."

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Is it ludicrous to think if Kelly goes to UF and Frost stays at UCF that we could play each other since they're friends?

Is it ludicrous to think if Kelly goes to UF and Frost stays at UCF that we could play each other since they're friends?
I don't want to play Kelly. They'll be going after the same recruits and there needs to be some separation there.

Pundits have said it would have helped our perception if we had played and beaten Georgia Tech. Now georgia tech is no slouch but they aren't lighting it up per say this season so having UNC and Pitt on the schedule is solid in the eyes of CFB and pundits and showing them we at least TRY and schedule P5 teams. We always have and will continue to. ECU is another perfect example.

If we win out this year (even if we lose Peach Bowl) we should be pre season ranked like USF was. Then, and only then, if we start to go undefeated again will chatter about putting us in playoff consideration take place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT