ADVERTISEMENT

Spring 2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Coach Paul Lounsberry said the UCF coaches "have a good idea" who is entering the portal. He also said it was "nobody expected to receive a lot of playing time." He also said that Kingdom NIL could step in and "change those guys' minds" if it wanted to.

Call me crazy, but I think UCF expects Kobi and RJ to receive a lot of playing time.

That means either your behind-the-paywall info from people with no real access is worthless or info from a former UCF assistant coach who goes to UCF practices and scrimmages is worthless.

Who do you believe?

30:30 mark until.
LOL. I got my info from zero paywall sources. Keep struggling and Googling tho. You don’t even know the best part and I won’t tell you. Figure it out.

You guys should make a bet. How about something like, If one of Kobe or RJ leave, Auburn has to change his profile pic to the U logo for a week. If neither leave by the time this transfer window ends, Lobo has to change his profile pic to a UCF logo for a week.

Reactions: LoboCane
You guys should make a bet. How about something like, If one of Kobe or RJ leave, Auburn has to change his profile pic to the U logo for a week. If neither leave by the time this transfer window ends, Lobo has to change his profile pic to a UCF logo for a week.
I would not say that they are definitely leaving or anything like that but you can bet anything you want that both are listening to offers and UCF will have to pay up to keep them.

I would not say that they are definitely leaving or anything like that but you can bet anything you want that both are listening to offers and UCF will have to pay up to keep them.
Yeah I wouldn’t disagree with that, but I’d imagine that just about every star player on any team is always getting offers and listening to them. The question I always have that nobody can really answer is how binding are the current NIL deals that these players have signed? Can they just void them whenever they want, or is there some kind of penalty for breaking the contract?

fans in X are being annoyingly vague but apparently they think both RJ Harvey and Hudson are entering the portal ..so our two best offensive players …

we’ll see if anything else breaks but if they were being dramatic about this ..probably the most predictable in this era. Timmy probably feels he has never got a fair shot at the starting job especially vs JRP who was turnover prone too

we’ll see if anything else breaks but if they were being dramatic about this ..probably the most predictable in this era. Timmy probably feels he has never got a fair shot at the starting job especially vs JRP who was turnover prone too
Timmy to the portal means UCF does not have a viable backup QB for 2024.

Sad but not surprised to see Timmy go. He surely can sling it (had some great deep balls) and has good athleticism (as evidenced by the Baylor play). But he just couldn’t put the situational mental stuff together. Is that on the coaching staff? Hope he gets a starting chance at a lower level school. I can see him being a good fit at FAU/FIU.

Sad but not surprised to see Timmy go. He surely can sling it (had some great deep balls) and has good athleticism (as evidenced by the Baylor play). But he just couldn’t put the situational mental stuff together. Is that on the coaching staff? Hope he gets a starting chance at a lower level school. I can see him being a good fit at FAU/FIU.
He served his purpose (to get Goldie to UCF). I liked him for the record. Coaches hated him He has to be "turned loose" to be effective.

At the 44:44 mark, Coach says "I think they have a pretty good idea of who they might lose. And if they don't want to lose them, they will make some kind of plan to keep them. I think you could lose a couple, too. But I don't think you'll be losing anybody that's planning on getting a lot of playing time. I think those guys are pretty well set and they want to be here."

At the 44:44 mark, Coach says "I think they have a pretty good idea of who they might lose. And if they don't want to lose them, they will make some kind of plan to keep them. I think you could lose a couple, too. But I don't think you'll be losing anybody that's planning on getting a lot of playing time. I think those guys are pretty well set and they want to be here."
That literally means nothing both RJ and Kobe Hudson want more money. What’s the problem you have with the basic understanding of reality?

UCF wil have to significantly pay more to keep KH and RJ and the same for a couple of other guys.

Considering how last season went it was a waste to stick with JRP(controversial I know) . Timmy had some late game brain farts but would have liked to see a larger sample size. instead we finished 6-7 w a Super Senior who wasn’t that good either

That literally means nothing both RJ and Kobe Hudson want more money. What’s the problem you have with the basic understanding of reality?

UCF wil have to significantly pay more to keep KH and RJ and the same for a couple of other guys.
I really like RJ. I think Malzahn and Tim Harris have done a masterful job turning RJ into the nation's highest graded returning PPF halfback.

But I can also tell you unequivocally Gus will NOT overpay for a running back; he will NOT mortgage the program for a player he created.

I also like Myles Montgomery. I think he is the heir apparent. I think Malzahn signed Montgomery in case RJ turned pro.

So if RJ asks for too much, Gus will tell him "GFY."

Considering how last season went it was a waste to stick with JRP (controversial I know) . Timmy had some late game brain farts but would have liked to see a larger sample size. instead we finished 6-7 w a Super Senior who wasn’t that good either
Timmy started most of a season at South Florida. He practiced an entire season on the UCF scout team. He played three full games and got mop-up duty in others.

UCF coaches saw everything they needed to see over those three years.

I am willing to give that Super Senior who wasn't that good either the benefit of the doubt.

EDIT:

WHAT I HATED ABOUT THE UCF SPRING GAME

Gus did not play his true second team defenders against KJ Jefferson and the first team offense.

Go back and watch the film. It was a 'rag tag' defense.

True freshman Marcus Downs and walk-on Keshaun Hudson were at defensive tackles. Walk-on Nicholas Antoine was at cornerback (he bullied Xavier Townsend in the end zone on the interception), along with juco transfer JaMaric Morris, walk-on Terrell Jackson, and Jason Duclona, who redshirted last year. (Jackson hawked down Chauncey Magwood at the 4 in the last clip. Look at the jumbotron.) Walk-on Hudson Gibbs was at outside linebacker. Converted quarterback Xavier Williams was a free safety.

UCF's offense should have scored every play.

Last edited:
Timmy started most of a season at South Florida. He practiced an entire season on the UCF scout team. He played three full games and got mop-up duty in others.

UCF coaches saw everything they needed to see over those three years.

I am willing to give that Super Senior who wasn't that good either the benefit of the doubt.
UCF coaches were more concerned with Plumlee seeing the field than what others could do.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
UCF’s best option at a portal WR is probably the Auburn guy.
captain obvious hotels.com GIF

This guy ain't too bad, either. I prefer to see more linear speed. He *may be* good enough "as is" to play X in Gus's offense. I need to see a full game to be certain.

Last edited:
Big loss there. Unexpected. UCF has a lot of safeties, but is thin on true free safety types. With this development, Bryon Threats will likely remain in Orlando and now projects to start.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT