ADVERTISEMENT

The Coronavirus thread - 3/30 Trump accuses NY hospital workers of stealing PPE.

Actually a low grade fever is the #1 symptom of Covid19. You can have just a fever and be shedding virus cells. How can you know when you aren't a danger to those around you without testing?
At that point you've already been contagious for up to 2 weeks. Testing does little in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: UCFWayne
At that point you've already been contagious for up to 2 weeks. Testing does little in the grand scheme of things.
So you're saying just **** It? Does that make any sense? You might show symptoms after 3 days. Like I don't know why you would choose this hill to die on. ANY reduction in spread will take pressure off our medical system in 3 weeks. Iran is digging mass graves for their dead that you can see from satellite images if you search Google right now. That's where this goes ok. This ain't the flu. ANY reduction in spread saves lives in a few weeks.

I literally can't believe this site. People will just argue about everything when we have posters saying Covid19 tests aren't important.

So you're saying just **** It? Does that make any sense? You might show symptoms after 3 days. Like I don't know why you would choose this hill to die on. ANY reduction in spread will take pressure off our medical system in 3 weeks. Iran is digging mass graves for their dead that you can see from satellite images if you search Google right now. That's where this goes ok. This ain't the flu. ANY reduction in spread saves lives in a few weeks.

No, I'm saying that the politicization of the testing issue is out of hand. We wont be like Iran, there won't be mass graves in the US. People in the middle east are more susceptible to respiratory illnesses than the rest of the world so that isnt a fair comparison.

No, I'm saying that the politicization of the testing issue is out of hand. We wont be like Iran, there won't be mass graves in the US. People in the middle east are more susceptible to respiratory illnesses than the rest of the world so that isnt a fair comparison.
It's not politicization to point out when a politician in charge of leadership has ****ed up things in their own control. I have several posts here about how Covid19 is not trumps fault but there are things his administration has failed badly on and it's not politicization to point that out. I'm not saying TRUMP CAUSED THIS that wouldn't be fair but I am saying his leadership has made this worse with misinformation and mismanagement and to me that is unacceptable and a fair criticism. It's politicization to not blame him for his obvious misinformation and mismanagement of the situation.

I literally can't believe this site. People will just argue about everything when we have posters saying Covid19 tests aren't important.

Lol at you for thinking crazy, who has said in the past he thinks the earth could be flat, would have a remotely scientific viewpoint when it comes to this.

It's not politicization to point out when a politician in charge of leadership has ****ed up things in their own control. I have several posts here about how Covid19 is not trumps fault but there are things his administration has failed badly on and it's not politicization to point that out. I'm not saying TRUMP CAUSED THIS that wouldn't be fair but I am saying his leadership has made this worse with misinformation and mismanagement and to me that is unacceptable and a fair criticism. It's politicization to not blame him for his obvious misinformation and mismanagement of the situation.

The NIH has been working on a vaccine for 2 months, that was before we had a single.confirmed case. The CDC is fully staffed and over funded as has been for over 2 weeks. This, from a virus that has only existed for 120 days. That doesnt sound like a failure in response.

Reactions: UCFWayne
2 weeks ago, hospitalization was at 19%. Today it's at 9% with less than 2% requiring ICU. That's a really good sign.

The NIH has been working on a vaccine for 2 months, that was before we had a single.confirmed case. The CDC is fully staffed and over funded as has been for over 2 weeks. This, from a virus that has only existed for 120 days. That doesnt sound like a failure in response.

The CDC has been fully staffed for 2 weeks is your response?

[roll]

Holy shit this is funnier than you thinking the earth is flat.

You are a goddamned lunatic

The CDC is fully staffed and over funded as has been for over 2 weeks. .... That doesnt sound like a failure in response.
OMIGOD, the CDC has been fully staffed and uh, "over-funded" for TWO WHOLE WEEKS!!!!

Given this bombshell news, clearly our criticism of the Trump Administration's handling of this crisis has been WAY OUT OF LINE.* We've all been suffering from a severe case of "TDS," right Crazy?*

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Donald J Trump is the issue. I believe the scientists and competent people in the CDC are doing great but this is about leadership. Trump told the American public that a flu shot would help. He told them this would be over in 2 weeks. He said that it was a hoax. He said that it's not as bad as the flu. He lied about what the insurance companies would pay for he was wrong about what areas would have travel restrictions. He offered low interest SBA loans instead of health related response. He's publicly bullied the FED, which is an apolitical entity and he's made up policies and announced them to the public that hadn't even had discussions begin with congress.

From the jump the government has functioned well in spite of a leader who has bumbled at every turn. If you feel differently I would like you to name what DONALD TRUMP has done well to lead through this. I know scientists are working hard but he is not able to lead or inspire confidence in the markets and it shows in the results.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Donald J Trump is the issue. ... He lied about what the insurance companies would pay for he was wrong about what areas would have travel restrictions.
The Administration had to release THREE corrections after Trump's speech to the nation.

One has to wonder about the competence of this Administration when Trump was reading a prepared speech from a teleprompter.

How does sh*t like this happen?

@UCFKnight85

giphy.gif

Wait I thought those with TDS thought Trump did nothing. So if he had to be quarantined wouldn't that not matter? o_O

Annnnnnd we're ****ed. We sounded the alarm far too late. At this point in other countries they were on lockdown and we're creating super seeding events. We might be the worst hit country outside of China.

I thought this would be good for the lefties? Kill off the older folks like what is posted here. Everyone else gets a slight man cold.

Annnnnnd we're ****ed. We sounded the alarm far too late. At this point in other countries they were on lockdown and we're creating super seeding events. We might be the worst hit country outside of China.

Huh. Who would have thought firing the entire US government pandemic response team would hurt us during a pandemic.

Oh well. No way to have prevented this. At least the stock market is doing great.*

Donald J Trump is the issue. I believe the scientists and competent people in the CDC are doing great but this is about leadership. Trump told the American public that a flu shot would help. He told them this would be over in 2 weeks. He said that it was a hoax. He said that it's not as bad as the flu. He lied about what the insurance companies would pay for he was wrong about what areas would have travel restrictions. He offered low interest SBA loans instead of health related response. He's publicly bullied the FED, which is an apolitical entity and he's made up policies and announced them to the public that hadn't even had discussions begin with congress.

From the jump the government has functioned well in spite of a leader who has bumbled at every turn. If you feel differently I would like you to name what DONALD TRUMP has done well to lead through this. I know scientists are working hard but he is not able to lead or inspire confidence in the markets and it shows in the results.

If we are going to work off of hindsight, it's too early to pass judgment on his administration's failures or successes. As far as the markets go, they crashed more based on Boeing and OPEC than because of Trump, and when he leaned on the FED to do something, the market stabilized.

His administration has fast tracked testing for a vaccine, something that is unprecedented. 120 days into the advent of this virus and we are already on the doorstep of a cure. That's pretty impressive.

If we are going to work off of hindsight, it's too early to pass judgment on his administration's failures or successes. As far as the markets go, they crashed more based on Boeing and OPEC than because of Trump, and when he leaned on the FED to do something, the market stabilized.

His administration has fast tracked testing for a vaccine, something that is unprecedented. 120 days into the advent of this virus and we are already on the doorstep of a cure. That's pretty impressive.
Jesus, the Pollyannish responses to this sh*tstorm would be laughable if this wasn't so serious.

Jesus, the Pollyannish responses to this sh*tstorm would be laughable if this wasn't so serious.
If you hadn't been taking the exact same position to literally everything Trump has done over the last 4 years maybe your opinion would carry some weight. You and friedchickenlittle have been screaming about how the sky is falling for too long to be taken seriously.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
If you hadn't been taking the exact same position to literally everything Trump has done over the last 4 years maybe your opinion would carry some weight. You and friedchickenlittle have been screaming about how the sky is falling for too long to be taken seriously.
Exactly! No credibility

Reactions: Crazyhole
I thought this would be good for the lefties? Kill off the older folks like what is posted here. Everyone else gets a slight man cold.
I’m not sure many “lefties” are reveling at the thought of thousands possibly millions of people dying even though yes, older people skew heavily toward Republicans. They are still people’s parents, grandparents, etc. I can disagree with my grandfathers politics and not want him dead.

It's only hindsight for the dumb. Everyone smart knows we got rough waters ahead and everyone dumb downplayed this until it was too late.

I’m not sure many “lefties” are reveling at the thought of thousands possibly millions of people dying even though yes, older people skew heavily toward Republicans. They are still people’s parents, grandparents, etc. I can disagree with my grandfathers politics and not want him dead.
Millions? Lol.

You are literally acting like having a fully staffed CDC for 2 weeks is an accomplishment? It should always be full staffed.

Or you could just believe what is going on right in front of your face.

It's only hindsight for the dumb. Everyone smart knows we got rough waters ahead and everyone dumb downplayed this until it was too late.

The people at the bars, and bragging about it on social media like they are super brave people is killing me. It is obvious we arent taking this seriously, and it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

I saw a graph earlier comparing ST Louis and Philly's response to the Spanish flu in 1918. St. Louis basically shut down and socially distanced, and had nowhere near the amount of sickness or death as Philly, who basically went on with business as usual.

Why is that funny? Do you think countries would be taking such drastic actions if the possible death toll of inaction wasn’t staggering? The Spanish flu killed 50 million.

I dont understand that mindset. Do people really think countries all over the world are almost completely shutting down because this is nothing to be overly concerned about?

You are literally acting like having a fully staffed CDC for 2 weeks is an accomplishment? It should always be full staffed.
It's always been fully staffed. For the last 2 weeks it has been over funded. To my knowledge nobody has claimed that they have ever been understaffed or underfunded but now there is essentially unlimited funding.

Why is that funny? Do you think countries would be taking such drastic actions if the possible death toll of inaction wasn’t staggering? The Spanish flu killed 50 million.
It's funny because its total hyperbole. You're comparing a virus from 1918, when medical technology still relied on blood-letting to a virus in 2020 when we have vastly superior treatment and remedy for disease. You may as well compare this to the bubonic plague and say that 3/4ths of the world's population is going to die and that we will have to move underground like some apocalyptic movie that you watched in 1992. Its stupid and panic driven.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
It's funny because its total hyperbole. You're comparing a virus from 1918, when medical technology still relied on blood-letting to a virus in 2020 when we have vastly superior treatment and remedy for disease. You may as well compare this to the bubonic plague and say that 3/4ths of the world's population is going to die and that we will have to move underground like some apocalyptic movie that you watched in 1992. Its stupid and panic driven.
How many do you think will die? You're laughing at a million so I'm curious about your prediction

How many do you think will die? You're laughing at a million so I'm curious about your prediction
Comparing this to the plague of the 14th century and the 1918 Spanish Flu is irresponsible. Idiotic really

Before it WOULD GET ANYWHERE NEAR THAT, we would all be on a major lockdown

Medical care, technology and communication have evolved so far past that it’s ridiculous. Some of you people really are panic driven and underestimate our evolution

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT