ADVERTISEMENT

The Idiots of the Reopen: Florida MAGA Trash Government Welcomes 10k New Covid Cases in 1 Day.

Are you mentally retarded? I asked 2 questions in that thread and that is "celebrating"? Who cares if people catch the virus and they don't die from it?
There are impacts from the virus between perfectly healthy and death. Even those that survive hospitalization can suffer long term effects like lung scarring. Also nobody knows the full range of long term effects of contracting the virus. Some people have lost some senses like taste and smell for months. And these are just the perceptible impacts in the first months. Nobody knows if it reactivates or anything like that or opens up people to other conditions (I.e HPV and cervical cancer, chickenpox and shingles).

Last edited:
Bold because It is more important. Super Italics and Bold because Pay Attention to me. All 3 of these cause I must be heard!

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Im just wondering how Florida Texas and California were so short sighted that they are going to cost us this football season. Yall couldnt just wear masks and be careful now we're not going to even have shit to watch in the 2nd lockdown. 20% of the P5 comes from California Texas and Florida across every conference except the Big 10. Youre going to ruin it for the parts of the country that have our shit together.

I don’t know for sure if a mask does anything or not, especially people that just wrap a bandana or whatever they can find around their face. At the same time, I’m only going out when I need to and I’m wearing a mask every single time. I’d prefer the slight inconvenience if you can even call it that.

I don’t know for sure if a mask does anything or not, especially people that just wrap a bandana or whatever they can find around their face. At the same time, I’m only going out when I need to and I’m wearing a mask every single time. I’d prefer the slight inconvenience if you can even call it that.

Says Mr Elective Surgery. You put an entire hospital at Risk just because you had to have an Ingrown toenail removed. Real Scum of the earth*

I could have sworn I read KNIGHTTIME say this: Disney springs about to open up too. Beaches are packed! Beautiful site.

I also could have sworn that you liked that comment. Am I wrong?

I've been 100% consistent on this. We need herd immunity and that comes from the healthiest people catching the virus and developing antibodies. Those 20-somethings that are catching it and not dying are making the virus less deadly.

Reactions: DAiello18
Frigging science deniers.

1. Covid is nowhere near as infectious as they thought it was in February

2. Covid is nowhere near as deadly as they thought it was in February.

The "approved" approach to this is exactly the same stupidity as "duck and cover" if you see a nuclear bomb go off. It makes you feel safe but in reality does nothing.

The title of this thread just cracks me up. Imagine thinking this is a political issue. Biden, Trump, Clinton, Obama - Doesn’t matter. People will wear a mask or they won’t regardless of who is in charge. People will break curfews or go to stores regardless of who is in charge. I love how this place turns everything into either a racial or political issue when sometimes Its just Simplified into “people are selfish and stupid”

Short of massive government intervention such as police and military presence throwing people in jail and fining people for not wearing masks, no statement or advisory or mandate can actually be enforced. So if you want Trump to be the Dictator everyone claims he is, then okay, let’s do that and roll in the Guard and cops and throw people in camps and jails for not wearing masks. Otherwise shut the hell up and just worry about protecting yourself because you can fix stupid on either side of the aisle

I've been 100% consistent on this. We need herd immunity and that comes from the healthiest people catching the virus and developing antibodies. Those 20-somethings that are catching it and not dying are making the virus less deadly.
If the social peers to 20 somethings were elderly and high risk people then you may be on to something, but herd immunity isn’t going to save anybody in nursing homes if it gets introduced there.

If the social peers to 20 somethings were elderly and high risk people then you may be on to something, but herd immunity isn’t going to save anybody in nursing homes if it gets introduced there.

A flu or common cold could wipe out nursing homes though. As someone in the housing industry you don’t realize how many tenants are lost per year to colds and flus. That population is, as much as I hate to say It, screwed regardless. The slightest imbalance will kill most of them regardless.

The title of this thread just cracks me up. Imagine thinking this is a political issue. Biden, Trump, Clinton, Obama - Doesn’t matter. People will wear a mask or they won’t regardless of who is in charge. People will break curfews or go to stores regardless of who is in charge. I love how this place turns everything into either a racial or political issue when sometimes Its just Simplified into “people are selfish and stupid”

Short of massive government intervention such as police and military presence throwing people in jail and fining people for not wearing masks, no statement or advisory or mandate can actually be enforced. So if you want Trump to be the Dictator everyone claims he is, then okay, let’s do that and roll in the Guard and cops and throw people in camps and jails for not wearing masks. Otherwise shut the hell up and just worry about protecting yourself because you can fix stupid on either side of the aisle

shut up racist *

A flu or common cold could wipe out nursing homes though. As someone in the housing industry you don’t realize how many tenants are lost per year to colds and flus. That population is, as much as I hate to say It, screwed regardless. The slightest imbalance will kill most of them regardless.
Could be. I was just saying that a bunch of college kids getting the virus isn’t going to bring herd immunity to other groups that aren’t in that “herd”. For true herd immunity across the entire population enough people will need to be infected from all population groups.

Could be. I was just saying that a bunch of college kids getting the virus isn’t going to bring herd immunity to other groups that aren’t in that “herd”. For true herd immunity across the entire population enough people will need to be infected from all population groups.

Oh 100% Agree. However that age group will be fine with all the Covid Parties*

100% agree. I’ve been saying this since April

When NY hit 10k (only happened a few times) it was near the peak and they had been in lockdown for a few weeks. Florida is hitting 10k as they are continuing to loosen restrictions. This shit is a lock for 20k and will likely push 40k. Florida will probably be the single biggest reason we dont get college football this year. Congrats and thanks assholes.

Weeks ago you were insisting there can’t possibly be CFB this year due to the mere existence e of COVID and now you’re wanting to say it’s entirely due to Florida. You can’t even keep track of your own stupid talking points, but you sure are willing to lie and pivot when there’s a petty partisan jab to take.

Do you understand what the term "herd" means?

Are you asking me to explain it to you? Synonyms in this context would be “community” or “population”. It’s also Marshall’s mascot. Hope this helps.
A herd isn't delineated by age, its the entire group. In this case, the US citizenry is the group. That includes people of all ages and demographics. Last time I checked there is still interaction between all age groups in this country. Young people getting the virus and developing antibodies benefits the elderly just as much as it does the people in their age range.

Back in April, Trump announced a set of Federal protocols for restarting the economy. I made a point at the time of acknowledging them as being good, commonsense guidelines.

But less that 24 hours after announcing them, Trump began acting like he'd never said them in the first place. So it should have come as no surprise that the vast majority of States (particularly ones with Republican Governors) began the process of reopening without meeting the guidelines that the Trump Administration had put forth.

So now, rather than seeing the infection numbers continue to fall, we are seeing a spike in infections that have risen to all-time highs.

But based on the chud logic on display here, we're to believe the REAL issue is...(drumroll)...whether masks work or not. o_O

A herd isn't delineated by age, its the entire group. In this case, the US citizenry is the group. That includes people of all ages and demographics. Last time I checked there is still interaction between all age groups in this country. Young people getting the virus and developing antibodies benefits the elderly just as much as it does the people in their age range.
It’s delineated by a social community actually.

if you want to increase mask usage, fine the businesses that don't comply(Publix). once you put it in their hands the rest will follow. if Karen is so offended use Instacart

Texas Gov “Abbott today issued an Executive Order requiring all Texans to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth in public spaces...

FL’s DeSantis has steadfastly refused such an order.
You have to be a special level of stupid to refuse to require face masks when you're the Governor of a COVID-19 hot spot like Florida.

If only DeSantis could govern a state of total insignificance like Nebraska
Ha! Good one! The insignificant state of Nebraska has an idiot for a Governor too but fortunately not at the DeSantis-level of utter stupidity.

Perhaps you can explain why he is steadfastly against an easy, commonsense safety measure to protect Floridians from catching the virus.

You have to be a special level of stupid to refuse to require face masks when you're the Governor of a COVID-19 hot spot like Florida.
Texas's Governor screwed up opening too fast(Bars specifically) but at least he is humble enough to admit it and try to do the right thing. Desantis is an arrogant asshole who just lashes out at the media for doing their job

Reactions: DaShuckster
bump again cause you idiots can’t read:

Imagine thinking this is a political issue. Biden, Trump, Clinton, Obama - Doesn’t matter. People will wear a mask or they won’t regardless of who is in charge. People will break curfews or go to stores regardless of who is in charge. I love how this place turns everything into either a racial or political issue when sometimes Its just Simplified into “people are selfish and stupid”

Frigging science deniers.

1. Covid is nowhere near as infectious as they thought it was in February

2. Covid is nowhere near as deadly as they thought it was in February.

The "approved" approach to this is exactly the same stupidity as "duck and cover" if you see a nuclear bomb go off. It makes you feel safe but in reality does nothing.
Why do we have the most deaths??

Reactions: Poolside Knight
People will wear a mask or they won’t regardless of who is in charge. People will break curfews or go to stores regardless of who is in charge. I love how this place turns everything into either a racial or political issue when sometimes Its just Simplified into “people are selfish and stupid”
How stupid do you have to be to believe we can't require and enforce the use of face masks during a g'damned pandemic?

bump again cause you idiots can’t read:

Imagine thinking this is a political issue. Biden, Trump, Clinton, Obama - Doesn’t matter. People will wear a mask or they won’t regardless of who is in charge. People will break curfews or go to stores regardless of who is in charge. I love how this place turns everything into either a racial or political issue when sometimes Its just Simplified into “people are selfish and stupid”

Trump constantly contradicts himself and his administration. There is no consistency or leadership. Chaos!

Texas's Governor screwed up opening too fast(Bars specifically) but at least he is humble enough to admit it and try to do the right thing. Desantis is an arrogant asshole who just lashes out at the media for doing their job

Yea it’s DeSantis’ fault that thousands of Bernie Bro’s flooded bars without a mask and caused mass infection

Really? Rick? I can't imagine that Rick would have strayed too much from Trump wanted, a la Ron.
well he was competent when it came to Hurricanes, didn't like many things about him but he had structure(his military background helped this). Desantis is wingin it

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT