ADVERTISEMENT

The Idiots of the Reopen: Florida MAGA Trash Government Welcomes 10k New Covid Cases in 1 Day.

How do you enforce It without the military and police throwing people in camps or jail? And then It would be Inhumane and a gross misuse of power and he’s a dictator right?

You’re gonna get/spread COVID! Go to Jail
2 hours later: You’re released from jail so you don’t get COVID!

Reactions: Ucfmikes
well he was competent when it came to Hurricanes, didn't like many things about him but he had structure(his military background helps this). Desantis is wingin it

I think it was Hurricane Irma where a lot of counties refused to make the call to close schools. Skeletor finally made the call to close all schools. Cat 5 was coming right at us (and one update it was west coast, next was east, then down the middle - they had no idea) and local counties just sat on their hands.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
well he was competent when it came to Hurricanes, didn't like many things about him but he had structure(his military background helps this). Desantis is wingin it

Um, wasn't Ron a Navy SEAL?

And I'm not trying to be contrary here but a hurricane is a bit different. Jeb did well with hurricanes as well. You stand in front of a camera and tell people a big fukcing storm is headed their way. Buy water. Gas your cars. Buy canned food. Take it seriously. Then you say the same shit you said in English and repeat it in Spanish. After the storm hits you get back in front of the camera and tell people everything is going to be alright. Then you say it in Spanish. Take a lap or two of the damage with whomever is the POTUS and that's about it.

Weeks ago you were insisting there can’t possibly be CFB this year due to the mere existence e of COVID and now you’re wanting to say it’s entirely due to Florida. You can’t even keep track of your own stupid talking points, but you sure are willing to lie and pivot when there’s a petty partisan jab to take.
****, I was right both times.

“Forcing people to wear certain clothes and stay at home is easy. I did it to Poland for 5 years!”

-Adolph Hitler

People who seriously think that they can lockdown Americans or force them to wear masks. We can’t even prevent national riots. :flush::chairshot:[roll][roll]

“Forcing people to wear certain clothes and stay at home is easy. I did it to Poland for 5 years!”

-Adolph Hitler

People who seriously think that they can lockdown Americans or force them to wear masks. We can’t even prevent national riots. :flush::chairshot:[roll][roll]

People:Trump just wants to be a dictator!

also people: Trump isn’t doing anything?! He’s giving people choices!?? Why won’t he force people to stay at home and wear masks!

Reactions: Crazyhole
well he was competent when it came to Hurricanes, didn't like many things about him but he had structure(his military background helped this). Desantis is wingin it

Yes because a hurricane, which we experience 12 time a year, is exactly the same as a once in a lifetime pandemic.

Also DeSantis was a Naval Lieutenant Commander in JAG and was aattached to a SEAL Team in Fallujah in 2006.

No military experience to draw upon there

People:Trump just wants to be a dictator!

also people: Trump isn’t doing anything?! He’s giving people choices!?? Why won’t he force people to stay at home and wear masks!
This is typical TDS Shucky logic

People = Shuckies

Yes because a hurricane, which we experience 12 time a year, is exactly the same as a once in a lifetime pandemic.

Also DeSantis was a Naval Lieutenant Commander in JAG and was aattached to a SEAL Team in Fallujah in 2006.

No military experience to draw upon there
Scott was echoing a much more cautious message from his Senate position, at the very least he would have attempted to set a better example as Governor instead of going Agro and blaming something new everyday.

Scott was echoing a much more cautious message from his Senate position, at the very least he would have attempted to set a better example as Governor instead of going Agro and blaming something new everyday.

Maybe DeSantis should say the things you guys want to hear but throw COVID patients back into. Yes int homes so he can earn your praise and respect

How do you enforce It without the military and police throwing people in camps or jail? And then It would be Inhumane and a gross misuse of power and he’s a dictator right?
The same way businesses enforce no shirt no shoes no service. The number of people sans mask but not in a place of business is minimal enough where you wouldn’t need enforcement outside of businesses.

it's not Football team flag waving, Desantis was one of the most popular Governors in America and his numbers have tanked around 20 points for a reason. and it looks worse when he was spiking the football in the 1st quarter

Reactions: firm_bizzle
The science on masks is sketchy at best. That being said when I go in public buildings I wear one. There is 0 reason to wear one outdoors when you are 6+ feet away from other people. The mask has become a symbol, more than it is a true prevention device. You have people who won't even step out in their own yards without one on, with no one else anywhere near them, or ride down the road in an enclosed car with air on wearing one. Who the hell are they protecting. I go into stores all the time, as long as you give me space, I could care less if you have a mask on. The odds of you infecting me if you stay 5 to 6 feet away from me is very small, the virus has taken off because of protest/riots, bars where people tend to do all of the things they shouldn't do, more people hanging out with friends, often without any precautions, and larger gatherings. The stores had as many if not more people without mask during the lock down than they do now. We were told then we didn't even need mask, and they were not effective.

Reactions: humanjerk
The same way businesses enforce no shirt no shoes no service. The number of people sans mask but not in a place of business is minimal enough where you wouldn’t need enforcement outside of businesses.

So what enforcement mechanism should be used for businesses that don't or fail to comply?

So what enforcement mechanism should be used for businesses that don't or fail to comply?
Can’t be enforced. The no shirts, no shoes, no service example is another example of people not living in reality

That example works “sometimes” for restaurants, but doesn’t take into account the other 99.9% of situations out there. Police can’t be everywhere. Oh wait.., we don’t even want the police enforcing the law

First time a police officer asks a black man to wear a mask and he yells racist cop! Cop uses force. Riots start all over again [roll]

Unlikely to need one. Non compliant businesses would probably see a hit to their bottom line from people avoiding those establishments. Maybe not universally, but if I have the option of going to a store with a mask requirement vs the store without, I’m choosing the one where people are wearing masks.

Can’t be enforced. The no shirts, no shoes, no service example is another example of people not living in reality

That example works “sometimes” for restaurants, but doesn’t take into account the other 99.9% of situations out there. Police can’t be everywhere. Oh wait.., we don’t even want the police enforcing the law

First time a police officer asks a black man to wear a mask and he yells racist cop! Cop uses force. Riots start all over again [roll]
It’s amazing that you can take a comment about a businesses enforcement of a mask guideline and get triggered enough to rant about how much certain protests bother you.

We get that you don’t like black people protesting, but we were talking about how businesses would enforce masks. Try to stay on topic.

Unlikely to need one. Non compliant businesses would probably see a hit to their bottom line from people avoiding those establishments. Maybe not universally, but if I have the option of going to a store with a mask requirement vs the store without, I’m choosing the one where people are wearing masks.

Well you can't just say "please" and have everyone comply. If its a national standard there has to be an enforcement mechanism, otherwise its nothing more than a suggestion which is exactly what we've been doing on a federal level.

Well you can't just say "please" and have everyone comply. If its a national standard there has to be an enforcement mechanism, otherwise its nothing more than a suggestion which is exactly what we've been doing on a federal level.
What is the enforcement mechanism on no shirt no service? Person asked to leave, person not able to partake in what ever that business offers? The point isn’t to have 100% compliance.

What is the enforcement mechanism on no shirt no service? Person asked to leave, person not able to partake in what ever that business offers? The point isn’t to have 100% compliance.
I thought you were saying that we needed to require masks on a legal level.

I thought you were saying that we needed to require masks on a legal level.
I mean you could fine businesses that don’t post signage about mask requirements, etc. But probably not necessary and would have 95% of the effect without doing that. If 50% of people (pulling from thin air) think masks are of no benefit and would not wear one if not required, there is a pretty big chunk of that group who would wear one if they were told to in public even if they felt it was no benefit. It’s enough to make it worth it even if there is no “legal” enforcement involving police.

It’s amazing that you can take a comment about a businesses enforcement of a mask guideline and get triggered enough to rant about how much certain protests bother you.

We get that you don’t like black people protesting, but we were talking about how businesses would enforce masks. Try to stay on topic.
You can’t make people wear masks. Why don’t you leave your house and talk to some police officers. I spoke with 2 from the Kissimmee police department and they said that it cannot be enforced. You need to stop being so myopic.

Some people just don’t live in reality. People are going to wear mask if they want to and won’t of they don’t. It’s a personal, adult decision. You can’t enforce 325 million people to do anything.

I mean you could fine businesses that don’t post signage about mask requirements, etc. But probably not necessary and would have 95% of the effect without doing that. If 50% of people (pulling from thin air) think masks are of no benefit and would not wear one if not required, there is a pretty big chunk of that group who would wear one if they were told to in public even if they felt it was no benefit. It’s enough to make it worth it even if there is no “legal” enforcement involving police.

There are probably an equal number of people that are adamant that masks are necessary as those who think its not so businesses could go either way. Short of an enforceable mandate with fines and penalties, the whole idea is meaningless. Just like the "no shirts no shoes" thing, there are many businesses that don't enforce it because they aren't required to.

Went to the gym this morning. Almost nobody was a wearing mask. You could close the gym, but if you don’t, you can’t enforce it. This is America.

You can’t make people wear masks. Why don’t you leave your house and talk to some police officers. I spoke with 2 from the Kissimmee police department and they said that it cannot be enforced. You need to stop being so myopic.
People go in public without masks to do things. The enforcement is on the side of limiting those things. I.e if the courthouse requires them to wear a mask. They can show up and won’t be arrested, but they won’t be able to do the things they had intentioned to do. Same in places of business if the business has a requirement for a mask. Business that ignore the requirement could be fined, however I can’t see how a business would choose that option as a better option than having the mask requirement. No they aren’t going to stop someone from entering an have them arrested or fined, but it’s not the point.

Short of an enforceable mandate with fines and penalties, the whole idea is meaningless.
Yes. This. The whole lockdown and mandatory mask ship has sailed. By this time, just about everyone is going to get Covid unless you continue to act like a hermit for months or years

There are probably an equal number of people that are adamant that masks are necessary as those who think its not so businesses could go either way. Short of an enforceable mandate with fines and penalties, the whole idea is meaningless. Just like the "no shirts no shoes" thing, there are many businesses that don't enforce it because they aren't required to.
No way there are an equal number of absolutely no mask people as those unwilling to enter a business where people aren’t wearing masks. Not even close.

Yes. This. The whole lockdown and mandatory mask ship has sailed. By this time, just about everyone is going to get Covid unless you continue to act like a hermit for months or years
If you assume the 10x infection to cases number, less than 30 million have been infected in the US. That’s less than 10%. Over half the year is over. But in a few months everyone will have it? Makes no sense.

Masks work. If worn correctly. The problem is that you can’t make Americans do anything.
You’re impinging on their freedoms and it will always come down to that. Unlike any other country

No way there are an equal number of absolutely no mask people as those unwilling to enter a business where people aren’t wearing masks. Not even close.
If thats the case, why is this a topic of conversation? If so many people are wearing masks as opposed to not, this should be a non-issue.

If you assume the 10x infection to cases number, less than 30 million have been infected in the US. That’s less than 10%. Over half the year is over. But in a few months everyone will have it? Makes no sense.
It’s exponentially spreading. I didn’t say a few months. You did. I believe that we had a handful of cases at the beginning of February. Now we have “30 million” in 5 months

30 million can easily turn into 100 million

Obviously the r-naught for covid is way smaller than we were told.

Let’s put it this way. The only thing that saved us is that this virus doesn’t kill everyone. If it did, we would be worse off than 1346.

If thats the case, why is this a topic of conversation? If so many people are wearing masks as opposed to not, this should be a non-issue.
There are people who don’t see a benefit but would wear one. That’s who the requirement is targeting.

Let’s put it this way. The only thing that saved us is that this virus doesn’t kill everyone. If it did, we would be worse off than 1346.
That won't ever happen again. Medical and societal advances dictate that there will never be another black plague.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT