ADVERTISEMENT

The Idiots of the Reopen: Florida MAGA Trash Government Welcomes 10k New Covid Cases in 1 Day.

Maybe but he’s not blind. Any doctor or scientist with a sliver of honesty knows what’s going on and Fauci is at least calling it like it is.
Obviously he doesn't think black lives matter. Thats the only acceptable answer to why people think its bad to riot and loot.

Damn, Florida really got 2,600 new cases today?

You're just going to let it burn then I guess. Good luck.

The problem with sitting at home scared it immediately jumps once people get out. So delaying the inevitable is the reality. These peaceful lefties that were whining about opening businesses and people going to the beach are cool with being in a crowd of thousands and tossing a few bricks.
I mean, you could wear masks lol

Damn, Florida really got 2,600 new cases today?

You're just going to let it burn then I guess. Good luck.

60% of new cases are young adults. I’m sure it has nothing to do with the protests. Probably those pesky young people getting haircuts or going to the beach.

Reactions: DAiello18
The problem with sitting at home scared it immediately jumps once people get out. So delaying the inevitable is the reality. These peaceful lefties that were whining about opening businesses and people going to the beach are cool with being in a crowd of thousands and tossing a few bricks.

We always knew there would be an uptick when things opened up. The protests probably just made the numbers higher than they would have been. Either way, as long as the hospitals aren't overrun I don't care. You can't stop the inevitable, you can only delay it.

You're going to get the Wuhan flu. Just accept it. ;)

Theres a good chance that you develop lasting complications after catching it. Permanently losing lung function. Blood clots. Blue toes. We havent seen far enough out but these changes likely increase health risks for the rest of your life.

I have a choice on the matter. I may get it, but I'm not going to get it while shopping for a product that I can buy on Amazon.

Florida, what the hell are yall doing? Since we opened back up you went from 600 cases per day on a 7 day average to 2400 cases per day.

Yall not wearing masks or what? If you keep going at this pace youll be at new york peak levels of daily cases in a month.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Florida, what the hell are yall doing? Since we opened back up you went from 600 cases per day on a 7 day average to 2400 cases per day.

Yall not wearing masks or what? If you keep going at this pace youll be at new york peak levels of daily cases in a month.

Young people protest in the day and go to bars at night.

If it’s not killing people, I’m not interested

The 250% increase from 2 weeks ago is solely due to more testing...and the BLM protests.

Who said that?
I don’t really think it’s solely the protests but I agree they aren’t helping. Someone on here was posting about the testing increases also accounting for some of the increase, though I do think it’s spreading. Just people getting lazy and careless in public.

I don’t really think it’s solely the protests but I agree they aren’t helping. Someone on here was posting about the testing increases also accounting for some of the increase, though I do think it’s spreading. Just people getting lazy and careless in public.
posted in the other covid thread but one of the clusters that has led to a surge in positives in Orange and Seminole County allegedly came from Knights Pub

That would be the 1200 public health experts who signed on to support public gatherings as Fauci said he worries immensely that they will fuel another outbreak
1200 out of like 10 million doctors. I would hardly think that trumps Fauci

Fauci truth has changed 180 and back and forth. That guy is the 1850's version of medicine and knowledge.
I know Faux News relentlessly bashed Fauci for a while, but what statements has Fauci made (direct quotes) that indicate his “truth changes”? I’m curious.

I'm saying he went on record saying masks are for show and not needed to completely flip. He has done similar comments all the way along. I'm not sure he has been right on anything.

Lol. He's has been right on plenty. He's also been wrong from time to time. I think I will take what he and other medical experts say seriously.

I'm saying he went on record saying masks are for show and not needed to completely flip. He has done similar comments all the way along. I'm not sure he has been right on anything.
Care to show me where he said what you are claiming? You know, the proof.

200,000 were inactive or not real doctors. So down to 900,000 from 10 million. Then most doctors aren't getting involved with anything that can be seen as political.
The percentage is small. Like the percentage who think vaccines cause autism. Like the percentage of scientists who don’t believe in anthropogenic global warming or believe the world is flat.

Looking at the #s, the confirmed positives have gone up, but death rates are down. In Fla we are doing 4x the test we were 6 to 8 weeks ago. That tells me the majority of the increase is simply an effect of testing. you add in the protest, and on space coast the big launch 3 weeks ago and you can explain almost all of it. I agree the reopen has an effect as well, But I tend to think it is not a huge part of it. The vast majority of people are still doing a reasonable job of distancing.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Looking at the #s, the confirmed positives have gone up, but death rates are down. In Fla we are doing 4x the test we were 6 to 8 weeks ago. That tells me the majority of the increase is simply an effect of testing. you add in the protest, and on space coast the big launch 3 weeks ago and you can explain almost all of it. I agree the reopen has an effect as well, But I tend to think it is not a huge part of it. The vast majority of people are still doing a reasonable job of distancing.
The percent positive is increasing though. And adverse outcomes like hospitalizations and deaths lag actual cases. Though I don’t expect deaths will shoot up too much as we now have a better familiarity with it and treatment methods that can be effective. Also the spike in cases (to this point) has been mostly amongst people at lower risk for bad complications. Several outbreaks amongst younger people at bars.

Most of the reopen is fine. Reopening bars and indoor restaurant seating is stupid.

Also pneumonia deaths are up like 500% year over year.

Im sure thats a coincidence.

But yeah, deaths are down.

The percent positive is increasing though. And adverse outcomes like hospitalizations and deaths lag actual cases. Though I don’t expect deaths will shoot up too much as we now have a better familiarity with it and treatment methods that can be effective. Also the spike in cases (to this point) has been mostly amongst people at lower risk for bad complications. Several outbreaks amongst younger people at bars.

Most of the reopen is fine. Reopening bars and indoor restaurant seating is stupid.

I think Memorial day weekend also played a big part in uptick. People were out in droves for the first time in months. Restaurants are running at 50% capacity, Bars I tend to agree with, people drinking rarely make smart choices. Part of the hospital and death rates not going up much is, who is getting the virus. It is spreading mostly amongst those 20 to 45 years old, and that group has little problems beating it. I would argue, if you are afraid of a 2nd wave more of that group getting it over the summer is a good thing. If you could get to 25 to 35% herd immunity amongst that group, it would help with the spread over the fall and winter.

Same with most people.

But there wasn't a flu shot to take for this bug.

Flu shot is at best a 50 50 deal. They take a guess at which flu bugs are going to be worse and include 5 or so of them in the shot. If they guess right, it does a good job. if like 2 years ago, they guess wrong the #s really spike. With this bug a vaccine will be effective short term, but it is already making new strains, (one in Chicago) and vaccine won't be as good, or quite possibly any good for newer strains.

Flu shot is at best a 50 50 deal. They take a guess at which flu bugs are going to be worse and include 5 or so of them in the shot. If they guess right, it does a good job. if like 2 years ago, they guess wrong the #s really spike. With this bug a vaccine will be effective short term, but it is already making new strains, (one in Chicago) and vaccine won't be as good, or quite possibly any good for newer strains.
But at the end of the day its effective enough to reduce the reproductive rate of the virus low enough where herd immunity is reached when fewer than 1/5 have been infected. It’s not perfect but the flu vaccine prevents tens of thousands of deaths per year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT