ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL FIRE GUS THREAD

Then give Gus until 2025. Seriously.
in this portal era the only thing you can count on for sure are the transfers you bring in that winter and summer for the upcoming season. you might say in 2025 john walker and all the other freshmen who are getting game time now will be juniors, but who is to say they are even with us then? i use to be all in on giving a coach time for his guys to be juniors (in frost's case it was sophomores) and see where we're at. now i don't know if a coach has that much time, especially one who is missing so badly in the portal. better transfers in and we're not even having this conversation. i can't get over seeing the DB from Middle Tenn projected to be a first round pick next spring and he's apparently not good enough. sheesh.

anyway we have no choice but to give him time because we're stuck with him and that auburn fan.

That's is going to happen and then you will be saying give him a chance it's Heupel's fault for 5 years ago.
No. We had this discussion back in 2015 too.

I would call for Gus' firing if this was 2025.

We've been competitive in all but 1 game.

Sleep it off. Seriously.

Even in 2013, we could have had 5 losses. We got lucky.

We're just not pulling out the W. 4 TOS. D depth sucks too.
Also remember how pivotal next season is we have UF on the schedule. If we get blown out of that game, it will take years to recover.

Also remember how pivotal next season is we have UF on the schedule. If we get blown out of that game, it will take years to recover.
Florida has their own problems. But yes, we won't have an experienced QB. A loss is likely in the Swamp. Set realistic expectations.

who cares about "moral victories" they haven't done jack shit to this team and we have 5 losses in a row.
Huh? Who said anything about 'moral victories'? Wow! I said we are competitive. That means we have the coaching and talent, we're just missing depth (definitely on D).

You fire Gus, and there's no guarantee of that remaining. In fact, I think we get another Heupel, and we go down the USF pit. Seriously! We got very lucky with Frost.

Learn to read and comprehend. Man, 3rd grade playground here. Put words into my mouth.

If Gus plays Plumlee for the rest of the season, he's throwing away next season.
That's actually a semi-valid argument. I don't disagree. We're at game 8, so we should be looking to the future.**

I would take the chains off of QB#2, and let him run all he wants, no longer forcing RPO on him. Give him at least one half of play.**

QB#3 should yet rotated in too.

**But just remember... using Baylor as RPO practice is what cost is the game. I was screaming at Gus for doing that, instead of dive, smash, off-tackle.

Huh? Who said anything about 'moral victories'? Wow! I said we are competitive. That means we have the coaching and talent, we're just missing depth (definitely on D).

You fire Gus, and there's no guarantee of that remaining. In fact, I think we get another Heupel, and we go down the USF pit. Seriously! We got very lucky with Frost.

Learn to read and comprehend. Man, 3rd grade playground here. Put words into my mouth.
What a dumb comment to make if you're not using the competitive comment to highlight/make something positive/aka moral victory out of it. What does it matter to be "competitive" when we lose every game? Does it change the fact that we are on a 5 game losing streak? No one is going "Ohh that UCF team is great, they have been so competitive even though their 0-5 in conference play." What a dumb comment man, you're drunk, sleep it off

Reactions: Knight59
Then give Gus until 2025. Seriously.
We don't have a choice BS (realistic handle by the way). But that doesn't excuse the shitty job that Gus has done this year. He's made bad decisions all year. He put his trust in a QB who just doesn't have the "it" to win at the P5 level. We've had too many turnovers, bad play calls and there's a huge lack of coaching and attention to playing D. As a HC he's stunk it up. And an AD who would have given him an extension, with his poor coaching to finish last season, should be on the hot seat along with Gus. Time for the Pres to put both Gus and the AD on a short leash. If they can't start producing results, the AD should go first then the Coach in 2025 (and not earlier only because of the contract he was signed to). And if they don't like it, they can resign their cushy jobs (I doubt they will). Results matter and to not step in now would be giving the wrong sign to the donors and fans.

Ummm, that's 0.500 in conference, not wining seasons.
They had 8 and 7 wins, that's called winning. UCF is not going to have a winning season and lucky to get 2 conference wins.

What a dumb comment to make if you're not using the competitive comment to highlight/make something positive/aka moral victory out of it. What does it matter to be "competitive" when we lose every game? Does it change the fact that we are on a 5 game losing streak? No one is going "Ohh that UCF team is great, they have been so competitive even though their 0-5 in conference play." What a dumb comment man, you're drunk, sleep it off
No, that's just a dumb read. Block has been earned. If you cannot read and understand, I'm blocking you.

We're not getting blown out. Heupel used to, and badly.

Well, I learned my lesson (again)... no kiddie board. I should know after 22 years.

No, that's just a dumb read. Block has been earned. If you cannot read and understand, I'm blocking you.

We're not getting blown out. Heupel used to, and badly.
Heupel only lost one game by more than 1 score his entire time at UCF. Against a top 15 BYU team that had first round NFL QB.

Both Utah and TCU had winning seasons and 4 conference wins in their first season in P5.
No, those are good teams with high standards of winning. According to a lot of people here, we should be held to a more lax, usf standard of being a bottom feeder for the first few years of entering a new conference. How are we, the best AAC team of the bunch, supposed to do what JMU is doing right now? Heading into a better conference undefeated and now ranked. No guys, we, the youngest team to get into the P5, doesn't have that high standard of winning and we need to be content with a mediocre coach that won't have positive wins in the B12 until at least 2025.

• Sad
You literally get owned in the dungeon and watercooler on a hourly basis. Get the hint that no one likes a criminal pathological liar anti Vaxxer
Anti-vaxxer? WTF? Go back into your hole. We're talking FB here, not your embarrassing politics. Go to the Water Cooler to express that garbage...most of us are way beyond your precious vaxxing. But while you're at it, go get a jab for Covid, RSV and the Flu simultaneously.

Castellanos took over a BC team that went 1-7 in previous 8 games (2022 3-9). He is 5-2 as the starter with losses again 8-0 FSU and soon to be 7-1 Louisville.

He's on pace to have better passing yards, rushing yards, passing touchdowns, rushing touchdowns, and possibly wins then Plumlee did in 2022 in AAC. He also has another couple years to play.

Feel bad Malzahn wasted one season of a player that may one day be up for national awards in the future.

You literally get owned in the dungeon
Who's 'owned' me in the Dungeon ... I dare hope you don't mean in the vaccine thread?!
The majority in 2023 now agree all the experts and journals I posted way back in 2021 were correct, and that's why the majority of Americans don't trust federal agencies now.

Only a few people post because anyone who agrees with me are hounded by the same 3 people make anyone's lives miserable. Even the mods have had to get involved.

And why? We ended up being correct that the mandates wouldn't do anything, just like 100% of the FDA's own, top experts unianimously voted against vaccines for kids way back in 2021.

I cannot help it if the butthurt by those people have caused them to get banned from the board, because of what they do. I cannot believe you're defending them!

and watercooler on a hourly basis.
No one posts in the Watercooler any more. That's the #1 complaint in the Dungeon now! The Cooler has become a problem, and is useless for off-topic, and that's why it's been moving. into the Dungeon!

Because posting in the Cooler causes people to go off-board and not stop there.

Get the hint that no one likes a criminal pathological liar anti Vaxxer
I see Mikey has been at work. You know he's been banned, correct?

I've never been an anti-vaxxer. I've only been pointing out all our experts at the FDA, all resigned or forced out, are still against SARS-CoV-2 vaccines for kids. That's just fact.

All four (4) countries in Scandinavia are either recommending against them or no longer allow kids to get them. That's because there is a full order of magnitude higher risk of inflammation from mRNA vaccines that being diseased with SARS-CoV-2 for children 16-24.

Sorry the CDC has been leaving out those details, as well as the fact that against XBB, the bivalent booster causes a higher chance of hospitalization than the unvaccinated.

You really should read more. Even President Biden admitted the bi-valent booster was a 'Big Pharma Subsidy.' Sorry you're a fool.
Now if mean trolling people's social media for pictures of their families and wives and pestering people even outside of UCF sports is 'owning,' then yes ... I guess you're right.

People have been warned about doing that, and ... they're still doing it. ****ing with people's livelihoods is not cool, and I'm hardly the only person they've been doing it to.

But you go ahead and condone that. I'm not the only person he's been ****ing with either. It's not funny. You guys have literally made UCF an embarrassment for people like my wife with her PhD from UCF.

You should really consider who you're encouraging at times, and how you're actually hurting UCF, not me. Would you pull that on Dr. Hitt too? You're not huring me, you're hurting the people my wife works with.

Last edited:
Castellanos took over a BC team that went 1-7 in previous 8 games (2022 3-9). He is 5-2 as the starter with losses again 8-0 FSU and soon to be 7-1 Louisville.

He's on pace to have better passing yards, rushing yards, passing touchdowns, rushing touchdowns, and possibly wins then Plumlee did in 2022 in AAC. He also has another couple years to play.

Feel bad Malzahn wasted one season of a player that may one day be up for national awards in the future.
In the nicest way I can say it, and I do like JRP, he's a good kid and tries for us, ALL of Gus' other QBs that he didn't choose or left are having more success than the current QB he choose.

And on your point about TC, I felt SUPER bad about that situation last year and expressed it adamantly. UCF/GUS really screwed over TC. What a fk up by Gus to screw over that kid. I wish TC and Keene all the very very best!

We've been competitive in all but 1 game.

Sleep it off. Seriously.

Even in 2013, we could have had 5 losses. We got lucky.

We're just not pulling out the W. 4 TOS. D depth sucks too.
As far as I know, close is only good in horse shoes.

well nasa didn’t believe in medicine and he ended up dead so…
And you pissed on his grave too! Geez ... all of you guys ... and you wonder why the Dungeon wants you guys out?! And if they try to tell you so, you just piss all over them too!

Have some ****ing civility!

Seriously ... in just a couple of posts, you managed to literally tell everyone how much you go out of your way to piss on Knights, even if they are dead. And what'd I do?

I disagreed with you on a few things about football, and realized ... I forgot out too many people like yourself on the kiddie board want to change coaches after a bad loss like Baylor ... basically every year sans 2013 and 2017.

But, of course, the late NASA deserves to be pissed on ... yet again!

We all should be sh-- on, as well as anyone we know ... including other people on UCF caught in the crossfire. Great job! Now you know how people who work with my wife feel!

Anyways gus is trailer trash. We could have had Graham Mertz this year yet this hick decided not to bring anyone in. Great job,
Again ... Do you really think potential coaches would trust a program that fires it's coach after he took them to the CCG? You don't put asterisks on that. You just cannot.

Every potential coach would go ... "Wow! I guess UCF has really changed since GOL! I'm not going there!"

Also I would try to get Brad white from Kentucky, Sean Lewis, Jon Sumerall from Troy , Chadwell, Kinnie for hc
I see Heupel in at least half of those.

Im the one that found your ugly inbred kids and your hillbilly sister wife.
If you think you can make jokes and get people to laugh to detract people from the fact that you just pissed on the grave of a dead, FELLOW Knight ...

Go **** yourself. And ...
you live in Alabama willingly. You’re the definition of an oxygen thief.
Yes, I work in Huntsville at the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Blue Origin building engines, the United Launch Alliance (ULA) building rockets, NASA Marshall and other entities building SLS an other launch vehicles ... with OTHER, FELLOW Knights ... this is 'Rocket City' after all. In fact, my job is in one the largest engineering R&D parks in the world here, along with other UCF Knights. So ...

Great job again on insulting more than just me or my wife for that matter, but plenty of Knights!

in this portal era the only thing you can count on for sure are the transfers you bring in that winter and summer for the upcoming season. you might say in 2025 john walker and all the other freshmen who are getting game time now will be juniors, but who is to say they are even with us then? i use to be all in on giving a coach time for his guys to be juniors (in frost's case it was sophomores) and see where we're at. now i don't know if a coach has that much time, especially one who is missing so badly in the portal. better transfers in and we're not even having this conversation. i can't get over seeing the DB from Middle Tenn projected to be a first round pick next spring and he's apparently not good enough. sheesh.

anyway we have no choice but to give him time because we're stuck with him and that auburn fan.
Afraid you are right. We can only pray all these loses will be a learning experience and he will hire a great AD & DC, quit calling plays and realize his offense no longer works. After all he said losing 4 games in a row was a new experience. Well now he has 5.

As far as I know, close is only good in horse shoes.
Correct. Yet ... we belong. That was my point. We could be getting 'blown out.' Yet ... we're not.

Losing sucks. But let's not get stupid. And stop with the Gus should have been fired after last year.

Gus has until 2025. Deal with it.

You are what your record says you are. Five losses in a row. Cutsie playcalling by Gus Why are we debating if he sucks? Plumlee had his shot. Go play double a for the blue jays and out of my life forever. Dudes be defending Gus after five losses in a row

You are what your record says you are. Five losses in a row. Cutsie playcalling by Gus Why are we debating if he sucks? Plumlee had his shot. Go play double a for the blue jays and out of my life forever. Dudes be defending Gus after five losses in a row
Let's stop with this and move forward, not backward.

So ... someone (even I disagreed with him on most other things) made a good case that -- looking towards 2024 -- QB#2 should get time, even the start.

Should QB#2 get the start?
Or just a half?

It's a fair argument.

He posted a 95.4 QBR against Georgia tech. A full 60 points higher than JRP last year. We probably just couldn’t afford his NIL. Nothing Gus can do really.

Reactions: Yaes
If you think you can make jokes and get people to laugh to detract people from the fact that you just pissed on the grave of a dead, FELLOW Knight ...

Go **** yourself. And ...

Yes, I work in Huntsville at the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Blue Origin building engines, the United Launch Alliance (ULA) building rockets, NASA Marshall and other entities building SLS an other launch vehicles ... with OTHER, FELLOW Knights ... this is 'Rocket City' after all. In fact, my job is in one the largest engineering R&D parks in the world here, along with other UCF Knights. So ...

Great job again on insulting more than just me or my wife for that matter, but plenty of Knights!
You are a loser. Leave the kiddie board. You have the worst takes. Get lost.

Coaches have mostly been put in an impossible situation with the current way college football works. With no control over your roster there’s less-and-less control over development of players/teams. All you can do is keep grinding but there’s no way to get predictability out of your teams unless the players hang around for 3-4 years.

Bigger money means higher expectations as well, so I don’t disagree with opinions one way or the other but the fact is, these are teams and you have to build teams. It wasn’t easy to do when kids hung around 3-5 seasons.

Last edited:
You are a loser. Leave the kiddie board. You have the worst takes. Get lost.
I'm glad many don't agree. And yes, I must be a loser. That's why you guys focus so much on me ... let alone my wife.

Geez,
get over the fact that I ended up being nearly totally right about the pandemic and lockdowns back in 2020-2021 ... and just say, "We should have listened" instead of digging the hole deeper and bringing it up here.

It's not that hard to admit you were wrong. I was also right about 2013 and the 2014 Fiesta Bowl as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT