ADVERTISEMENT

Trump going to finish as the best president ever?

Two high-profile summits resulting in a 'no-deal' with North Korea is lauded by our Trumpsters as one of Trump's 'accomplishments' as President yet the Iran nuclear agreement which actually addressed Iran's nuclear threat was trashed by Trump because it was -- in the words of 85 -- "worthless." :rolleyes:

We had the International Atomic Energy Agency around to actually verify that Iran was keeping its part of the deal it had with the US (PLUS the United Kingdom AND China AND Germany AND France AND Russia.) But despite evidence that it was -- get this -- working, it was 'fake' in Trumpland simply because President Obama engineered it.

But on the other hand, the renewed optimism that comes out of Trump's 'diplomacy' with North Korea is because "Kim Yung Un hasn't tested a nuclear missile for awhile."

You can't make this sh*t up.

Again, your dumb little emojis and italicized points don't make your posts any less stupid. You know that right?

Do you know why China, Russia, and the Europeans wanted the Iran deal? Not because they give a shit about Iran having nukes or any care for Israel; it's because they think that Iran can become once again the trading partner it was in the 70's and their companies can make boatloads of cash there. The Russians wanted the deal so they could resume sending military hardware there and oil without any banking sanctions. The Chinese want to do what they do everywhere and invest heavily in Iran and make them beholden to the Chinese in some way.

There's a reason that shit deal did absolutely nothing to address the Iranian missile program, secret military site inspections, restriction on funding the IRGC, etc. It's because these other countries knew it'd be a big ask of Iran and they, and Obama, wanted the quick easy win. And they got one until we tore this shitty deal up.

Tell me, do you think it was in the best interest of the US and our ally Israel for Obama to help prop up and expand the Hezbollah illegal drug trade in order to appease the Ayatollah and his cronies in Iran to get this shitty deal done?

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/obama-hezbollah-drug-trafficking-investigation/

Let's face it- Obama is and was a failure in this region. He did all of this for Iran while alienating our actual allies, left Syria and Libya in ruins, and determined that ISIS was a JV team up until they controlled most of 2 countries.

Reactions: UCFWayne
what about dumping money into Israel? I have never heard one good argument about that, what does the US have to do with Israel?
Actually a hood question and ive never reaearched it much. However, theyre an ally like GB and others. I would argue they are a competent ally who pulls their own weight. The muslim countries continue to massacre their own people and others so im not sure they make a good ally

So this is how you prove that the Iran Nuclear agreement wasn't working when Trump trashed it?

I like how you choose to not respond to, and ignore, the text that I wrote which specifically detail why the deal was shitty.

My God you are a pathetic disingenuous poster

Do you know why China, Russia, and the Europeans wanted the Iran deal? Not because they give a shit about Iran having nukes or any care for Israel; it's because they think that Iran can become once again the trading partner it was in the 70's and their companies can make boatloads of cash there. The Russians wanted the deal so they could resume sending military hardware there and oil without any banking sanctions. The Chinese want to do what they do everywhere and invest heavily in Iran and make them beholden to the Chinese in some way.

There's a reason that shit deal did absolutely nothing to address the Iranian missile program, secret military site inspections, restriction on funding the IRGC, etc. It's because these other countries knew it'd be a big ask of Iran and they, and Obama, wanted the quick easy win.
To believe your argument, the US and the other world powers were all being disingenuous when they entered into an agreement with Iran. Even a skeptic like me finds that level of duplicity hard to believe.

With the agreement, we had a nuclear agency verifying the Iranians were living up to their part of the agreement. What do we have now?

With the agreement, we had a nuclear agency verifying the Iranians were living up to their part of the agreement. What do we have now?
Yeah.., they were being such choirboys and were so compliant with the agreement. That’s very naive of you

What do we have now? A president with balls who they fear

I just find it interesting that since Trump became president the saber rattling has pretty much stopped.

Yeah.., they were being such choirboys and were so compliant with the agreement. That’s very naive of you

Wow! who knew that you weren't just a UCF guru? [cheers]

Actually a hood question and ive never reaearched it much. However, theyre an ally like GB and others. I would argue they are a competent ally who pulls their own weight. The muslim countries continue to massacre their own people and others so im not sure they make a good ally
There are a lot of reasons that the Israel - US relation benefits the US. That the original poster asked the question demonstrates a basic ignorance of international affairs. I’d suggest that the person who posed the question do some research of their own from impartial sources and then come back with a better question about the situation.

Wow! who knew that you weren't just a UCF guru? [cheers]
Hahahahaha. Yeah, I’m a Trumpster. The dirty dark little secret that I try to separate from football talk. Ironically, a lot of Huskers are Republicans.

This board has a lot more activity now. Funny, I should join the Dungeon as I’m missing out. [cheers]

Reactions: JAFFX2
Hahahahaha. Yeah, I’m a Trumpster. The dirty dark little secret that I try to separate from football talk. Ironically, a lot of Huskers are Republicans.

This board has a lot more activity now. Funny, I should join the Dungeon as I’m missing out. [cheers]

The Dungeon is useful for late breaking info and insight if you get what I am saying......

Reactions: Ucfmikes

So a deal that allowed for monitoring and was designed to delay Iran's ability to produce nuclear weapons was scrapped because we were "naive choirboys" to believe monitoring their activities would serve as a deterrent.

Instead we have zero monitoring of their nuclear development BUT we don't need no stinkin' monitoring simply because, in your words, we have a President "they fear."

Yeah, that makes sense. :rolleyes:

He’s only 2 years into a presidency. It took Bush a few years to **** everything up.

So a deal that allowed for monitoring and was designed to delay Iran's ability to produce nuclear weapons was scrapped because we were "naive choirboys" to believe monitoring their activities would serve as a deterrent.

Instead we have zero monitoring of their nuclear development BUT we don't need no stinkin' monitoring simply because, in your words, we have a President "they fear."

Wow do you really believe that feeble monitoring rhetoric??? The fact is that
the US agreed to ignore to detect easy stuff......the design and testing of missiles—and focus on the virtually impossible.....the development of warheads. So where do they develop warheads you might ask??? Nuclear-weapons research and the Revolutionary Guard are one in the same...The Jihadists responsible for oppression, foreign wars, overseas terrorism, and an expeditionary army is the overlord of the Iranian nuclear-weapons program on facilities where International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors are not permitted to enter......:rolleyes: right back at you

He’s only 2 years into a presidency. It took Bush a few years to **** everything up.

Yeah, that pesky 9-11 had nothing to do with it. The mortgage bubble was growing from the Clinton days and was going to blow up at some point regardless who was in office.

Wow do you really believe that feeble monitoring rhetoric??? The fact is that
the US agreed to ignore to detect easy stuff......the design and testing of missiles—and focus on the virtually impossible.....the development of warheads. So where do they develop warheads you might ask??? Nuclear-weapons research and the Revolutionary Guard are one in the same...The Jihadists responsible for oppression, foreign wars, overseas terrorism, and an expeditionary army is the overlord of the Iranian nuclear-weapons program on facilities where International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors are not permitted to enter......:rolleyes: right back at you

The talk of Iran sounds more and more the talk leading up to Iraq. Regardless, even if most of this is true (which I am doubting very much), then why are we so friendly with Saudi Arabia, including Trump allowing them to build nuclear power plants? Everything you just said can be applied to Saudia Arabia. Of course the answer, is that all of this is about money, that's it. Our interest in Iran, Venezuela, Iraq, etc etc, is all about money. Iran and Venezuela don't play ball with us like Saudi Arabia does, so we have to make stuff up to vilify them.

Last edited:
So basically you just made it up. In reality, we did have inspections and people to make sure they were compliant, and now we don't.

When have inspections EVER been foolproof? You need proof of that?

That’s so naive to think in an entire country made up of thousands of square miles can’t have some hidden facility or facilities to develop and test nuclear weapons. It’s a big joke.

Sounds like the Trump rhetoric is working, even though the Shookster is blind to anything that Trump does that’s effective. That’s called TDS

When have inspections EVER been foolproof? You need proof of that?

That’s so naive to think in an entire country made up of thousands of square miles can’t have some hidden facility or facilities to develop and test nuclear weapons. It’s a big joke.

Sounds like the Trump rhetoric is working, even though the Shookster is blind to anything that Trump does that’s effective. That’s called TDS

Nobody said anything is fool proof. But having inspections and a working relationship, is far better than having nothing.

How is Trump's rhetoric working?

Nobody said anything is fool proof. But having inspections and a working relationship, is far better than having nothing.

Is that a real question? sanctions against Iran selling oil will be a major blow and will provide much more leverage than any feeble inspections....

Is that a real question? sanctions against Iran selling oil will be a major blow and will provide much more leverage than any feeble inspections....

So what are you expecting it to lead to? Keep in mind, by all accounts the Iran deal was working well. Obviously, that wasn't good enough for Republicans, so what exactly is it that you are wanting?

Plus, you don't think sanctioning countries that we are supposed to be allies with, plus China for buying Iranian oil, might have some repercussions? You think those countries are just going to be cool with that?

So what are you expecting it to lead to? Keep in mind, by all accounts the Iran deal was working well. Obviously, that wasn't good enough for Republicans, so what exactly is it that you are wanting?
The biggest issue most republicans had with it was the air drop of cash. It may be no different than an electronic transfer but it really looked sketchy.

Simple......to stop the Jihadists responsible for oppression, foreign wars, overseas terrorism and development of Iranian nuclear-weapons program......

Simple......to stop the Jihadists responsible for oppression, foreign wars, overseas terrorism and development of Iranian nuclear-weapons program......

That isn't an answer. How do you plan on doing that? Is this really just about setting it up to go to war with Iran?

Shouldn't you be concerned with those same things with Saudi Arabia?

The biggest issue most republicans had with it was the air drop of cash. It may be no different than an electronic transfer but it really looked sketchy.

That was Iran's money, we unfroze their assets. Regardless, they already have that money so are you suggesting we go take it back? I am honestly curious as to what people are wanting. The deal was working by pretty much every account, so obviously people against the deal are wanting something else. I am curious as to what that something else is.

That isn't an answer. How do you plan on doing that? Is this really just about setting it up to go to war with Iran?

Financial leverage......

Wow did you just ask that? The US has a 75 year alliance with Saudi designed to bolster Saudi Arabia against arch-rival Iran in order to assert power and influence in the entire Middle East.......They purchase more US weapons than any other nation. Newsflash, this has been going on forever

Financial leverage......

Wow did you just ask that? The US has a 75 year alliance with the Saudi designed to bolster Saudi Arabia against arch-rival Iran in order to assert power and influence in the entire Middle East.......They purchase more US weapons than any other nation. Newsflash, this has been going on forever

Financial leverage for what? What are you expecting them to do? We already had inspectors and a deal they were complying with, which you didn't like, so what do you want this to do look like? Do you want war? Regime change?

17 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia plus much of the financing behind Al-Quaeda. Not to mention they just murdered a journalist working for an American paper for criticizing them. But hey, let's keep selling them weapons and make up stuff about other countries, sounds perfectly logical. If you are worried about terrorism, then you cant possibly be cool with Saudi Arabia. If you are cool with Saudi Arabia, then you simply aren't that worried about terrorism.

That was Iran's money, we unfroze their assets. Regardless, they already have that money so are you suggesting we go take it back? I am honestly curious as to what people are wanting. The deal was working by pretty much every account, so obviously people against the deal are wanting something else. I am curious as to what that something else is.

It wasn’t working in a way that made Iran less of a danger to everyone. They used that cash to booster their missile program, fund more militias in the region, better arm Hezbollah, arm the Houthis in Yemen, and fund militias directly trying to kill Americans in Syria and our allies.

No military site inspections. No missile program restrictions. 10 year sunset clause.

Not to mention the fact that Obama sold out Israel to get this shitty deal done by allowing the Hezbollah drug trade to grow even bigger by having the US back off enforcement.

Why do you think their economy didn’t even grow after the deal got made and cash came back?

Reactions: JAFFX2 and UCFWayne

Last I checked, wonderfully. How do I know?

Last I checked, neither country is threatening the US with nuclear weapons or firing them

Inspections are overrated and a waste of money

I agree with the oil sanction idea. The greatest deterrent is fear.

Why do you think Iran is so angry with the deal being dropped?

It wasn’t working in a way that made Iran less of a danger to everyone. They used that cash to booster their missile program, fund more militias in the region, better arm Hezbollah, arm the Houthis in Yemen, and fund militias directly trying to kill Americans in Syria and our allies.

No military site inspections. No missile program restrictions. 10 year sunset clause.

Not to mention the fact that Obama sold out Israel to get this shitty deal done by allowing the Hezbollah drug trade to grow even bigger by having the US back off enforcement.

Why do you think their economy didn’t even grow after the deal got made and cash came back?

So what is that you are wanting? What could Iran do to make you happy. Inspections obviously didn't work for you, so what could they do? To me this all sounds pretty similar to the talk before the Iraq war. Is that the end game here? War with Iran?

Last I checked, wonderfully. How do I know?

Last I checked, neither country is threatening the US with nuclear weapons or firing them

Inspections are overrated and a waste of money

Why do you think Iran is so angry with the deal being dropped?

I would imagine they are angry at the sanctions we re-imposed on them. And Iran was threatening us and firing nuclear weapons at us while the deal was in place? Huh?

https://tradingeconomics.com/iran/gdp-growth-annual

Iran's GDP increased quite a bit after the deal was in place, so I don't know where you are getting info saying their economy didn't grow.

So what is that you are wanting? What could Iran do to make you happy. Inspections obviously didn't work for you, so what could they do? To me this all sounds pretty similar to the talk before the Iraq war. Is that the end game here? War with Iran?

Jesus. Do you not read? Stopping all of what I just wrote is what I’d like. If they don’t want to then fine, but the deal remains dead and sanctions need to break them for their choices.

No one is talking about war here. You’re interjecting that as a bad partisan angle

Reactions: Ucfmikes and JAFFX2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT