ADVERTISEMENT

Trump going to finish as the best president ever?

BREAKING NEWS: IRAN ANNOUNCES IT IS RESTARTING URANIUM STOCKPILING, AND HINTS IT MAY FLOOD EUROPE WITH MIGRANTS FROM THE MIDDLE EAST
by Kevin Ryan

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says Iran will begin stockpiling uranium, and is giving Europe, Russia, and China 60 days to help thwart American sanctions on oil sales and banking transactions or Iran will begin enriching uranium and rebuilding a closed nuclear facility.

Rouhani also hinted that a failure to comply with Iran’s terms could lead to an influx of migrants and drugs into Europe.

“You know if it were not for us, today, terrorists would be in the capitals of the European countries. You know our role in preventing migrants flooding Europe,” he said. “But you know that this costs us billions of dollars. With the conditions created by the U.S., we cannot pay these expenses.”

The announcement of that Iran will restart uranium stockpiling effectively ends its compliance with the 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) nuclear deal, one year to the day after President Trump withdrew America from the deal. Trump has since applied some of the strictest sanctions yet on Iran, including banning the import of Iranian oil and sanctioning any country or business that buys Iranian oil. The value of Iran’s currency has fallen 75% since 2018, and unrest has spread through the country.

So far, Europe has been unable to deliver on promises to help Tehran as U.S. sanctions cripple the Iranian economy and is unlikely to be able to convince its banks and companies to risk billions of dollars in fines by defying American restrictions.

Up until now, the United Nations atomic agency has reported that Iran is complying with the terms of the deal. Critics, however, contend that the deal gave Iran billions of dollars and sanction relief in return for what was merely a temporary, 10-year halt to its nuclear program. The accord’s limits were set such that it would take Iran only one year from the end of the deal to accrue enough uranium for a nuclear bomb.

In addition to today’s announced restart of uranium stockpiling, President Rouhani says Iran will shortly be taking further steps to end its compliance with the deal.

“After 60 days, we will continue with our program we had before the JCPOA [nuclear agreement] and complete Arak,” Mr. Rouhani said Wednesday. Arak is Iran’s unfinished nuclear reactor.

“This will be given another 60 days. Then there will be yet another move.”

French Defense Minister Florence Parly responded that nothing would be worse than Iran withdrawing from the deal, and warned Iran that breaching the accord could lead to EU sanctions.

Any decision to reimpose EU sanctions on Iran would need agreement from all 28 EU member states, which European diplomats have said could be tough to achieve.

source:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-to-stop-complying-with-some-nuclear-deal-commitments-11557297791

BREAKING NEWS: IRAN ANNOUNCES IT IS RESTARTING URANIUM STOCKPILING, AND HINTS IT MAY FLOOD EUROPE WITH MIGRANTS FROM THE MIDDLE EAST
by Kevin Ryan

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says Iran will begin stockpiling uranium, and is giving Europe, Russia, and China 60 days to help thwart American sanctions on oil sales and banking transactions or Iran will begin enriching uranium and rebuilding a closed nuclear facility.

Rouhani also hinted that a failure to comply with Iran’s terms could lead to an influx of migrants and drugs into Europe.

“You know if it were not for us, today, terrorists would be in the capitals of the European countries. You know our role in preventing migrants flooding Europe,” he said. “But you know that this costs us billions of dollars. With the conditions created by the U.S., we cannot pay these expenses.”

The announcement of that Iran will restart uranium stockpiling effectively ends its compliance with the 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) nuclear deal, one year to the day after President Trump withdrew America from the deal. Trump has since applied some of the strictest sanctions yet on Iran, including banning the import of Iranian oil and sanctioning any country or business that buys Iranian oil. The value of Iran’s currency has fallen 75% since 2018, and unrest has spread through the country.

So far, Europe has been unable to deliver on promises to help Tehran as U.S. sanctions cripple the Iranian economy and is unlikely to be able to convince its banks and companies to risk billions of dollars in fines by defying American restrictions.

Up until now, the United Nations atomic agency has reported that Iran is complying with the terms of the deal. Critics, however, contend that the deal gave Iran billions of dollars and sanction relief in return for what was merely a temporary, 10-year halt to its nuclear program. The accord’s limits were set such that it would take Iran only one year from the end of the deal to accrue enough uranium for a nuclear bomb.

In addition to today’s announced restart of uranium stockpiling, President Rouhani says Iran will shortly be taking further steps to end its compliance with the deal.

“After 60 days, we will continue with our program we had before the JCPOA [nuclear agreement] and complete Arak,” Mr. Rouhani said Wednesday. Arak is Iran’s unfinished nuclear reactor.

“This will be given another 60 days. Then there will be yet another move.”

French Defense Minister Florence Parly responded that nothing would be worse than Iran withdrawing from the deal, and warned Iran that breaching the accord could lead to EU sanctions.

Any decision to reimpose EU sanctions on Iran would need agreement from all 28 EU member states, which European diplomats have said could be tough to achieve.

source:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/iran-to-stop-complying-with-some-nuclear-deal-commitments-11557297791

lol! So Iran goes into Syria with their military to assist Assad in systematically destroying the country and sending millions of people fleeing, then they act like they were the ones preventing a migrant crisis to begin with. Too good.

Yes, the Iranians were good citizens of the world and responsible actors prior to 2016.
The terms of the agreement included independent verification that the Iranians were living up to their end of the agreement. In his great wisdom, Trump threw that verification into the trash.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
The terms of the agreement included independent verification that the Iranians were living up to their end of the agreement. In his great wisdom, Trump threw that verification into the trash.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about what they did once Obama and Co funneled billions back into their economy; i.e. accelerating their missile program, expanding their outreach of militias and terrorists in the region, arming the Houthis in Yemen, arming Hezbollah with advanced weaponry, sending the IRGC to Syria to prop up war criminal Assad, all while still maintaining that many military sites are off limits to inspectors.

What a great deal Iran had. Get billions and billions of dollars, allow for the rapid advancement of their deployable missile systems, all while knowing that they only have to "abide" by the deal for 10 years. At which point, they'll have a land bridge from Iran to Israel, advanced missiles, and are free to turn on the nuclear reactors again.

With Obama's bad deal they already received 10xs frozen money back. We suck at negotiating.

I'm not talking about that.
I wouldn't either if I were you.

What a great deal Iran had. Get billions and billions of dollars...
Of their own money back which we froze in American banks at the beginning of the US hostage crisis.

...allow for the rapid advancement of their deployable missile systems, all while knowing that they only have to "abide" by the deal for 10 years.
If your view of Iran's evil motivations is correct, Trump's actions means they can get started right away with their war plans instead of "abiding" for the next 10 years.

I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about what they did once Obama and Co funneled billions back into their economy; i.e. accelerating their missile program, expanding their outreach of militias and terrorists in the region, arming the Houthis in Yemen, arming Hezbollah with advanced weaponry, sending the IRGC to Syria to prop up war criminal Assad, all while still maintaining that many military sites are off limits to inspectors.

What a great deal Iran had. Get billions and billions of dollars, allow for the rapid advancement of their deployable missile systems, all while knowing that they only have to "abide" by the deal for 10 years. At which point, they'll have a land bridge from Iran to Israel, advanced missiles, and are free to turn on the nuclear reactors again.
Crickets from the left??

There's also the fact that so desperate to sign this shitty deal was Obama, that he mandated that the CIA, DEA, and FBI leave Hezbollah alone and stop targeting their massive illegal drug trade to appease Iran and help better fund their terrorist militia that exists to kill Jews.

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/obama-hezbollah-drug-trafficking-investigation/

As a result Hezbollah has now come into millions more dollars per year and Iran has a much easier access to fund and arm them.

Gee, what a great deal ..... and thanks to Obama for looking out for our ally in Israel!

Crickets from the left??

No, Shookster predictably chopped this into idiotic fragments to respond to so he can avoid admitting that I'm right, that he doesn't know what he's talking about, and yet still declare him the winner of this debate once again.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Yeah. Sure they were

I have some oceanfront property in Nebraska to sell you. Interested?

Let’s face it. Iran is pissed off because Trump isn’t as stupid as Obama in giving them free money to do nothing about their nuclear program. When have inspections ever worked?

Now sanctions are hurting them and NK

Their responses are that of a little kid. Throw a temper tantrum.

Sorry, lollipops ran out when Trump took office.

Ha ha, good one!!! Yeah, what was the big deal about having the Independent Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) tasked with verifying that Iran lived up to its commitments? It was all a sham, right?

Let me guess: It was all a clever scheme by Obama to give Iran back it's money for nothing. Boy, did we get scammed. :rolleyes:

(Given that Trump tore up the damn deal, we really did get scammed.)

Ha ha, good one!!! Yeah, what was the big deal about having the Independent Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) tasked with verifying that Iran lived up to its commitments? It was all a sham, right?

Let me guess: It was all a clever scheme by Obama to give Iran back it's money for nothing. Boy, did we get scammed. :rolleyes:

We've laid it out like 10 times by now why none of what you just typed matters, but you're Shookster and delusional so of course you're still arguing against your own narrative.

So... you really haven’t made any argument. I’m saying that it’s a bad deal that has done nothing for the US. Just cost taxpayers millions. We are at the same place with it without it. Are you saying that it’s a good deal? So.., you’re so convinced that the IAEA has completely curtailed their production and they Iran be trusted 100% since they’ve been such good eggs all along.

So... you really haven’t made any argument. I’m saying that it’s a bad deal ...

Yes, we know what you're saying. An agreement that had an independent IAEA put in place to monitor Iranian activities for the next 10 years was a "bad deal." Ripping it up and having the IAEA go away is peachy keen with you.

How the hell that makes ANY SENSE whatsoever is beyond me, but, hey, it's a talking point by golly! We don't need no stinkin' DIPLOMACY, right?

In the immortal words of Forrest Gump: Stupid is as stupid does.

So... you really haven’t made any argument. I’m saying that it’s a bad deal that has done nothing for the US. Just cost taxpayers millions. We are at the same place with it without it. Are you saying that it’s a good deal? So.., you’re so convinced that the IAEA has completely curtailed their production and they Iran be trusted 100% since they’ve been such good eggs all along.
@DaShuckster is such a weird guy.

He doesn't really even make arguments, he does these weird little side commentary things on the nature of arguments that read like his personal diary.

I imagine he was part of the HuskerPedia forums back in the day that were full of self-important old guys who felt like people just couldn't wait to read their newest post.

@DaShuckster is such a weird guy.

He doesn't really even make arguments, he does these weird little side commentary things on the nature of arguments that read like his personal diary.

I imagine he was part of the HuskerPedia forums back in the day that were full of self-important old guys who felt like people just couldn't wait to read their newest post.

I often wonder if the guy is a split personality type. That would explain him literally creating his own narratives and things to respond to, making a post in reply to that, and then declaring himself the winner of that debate.

It’d make a lot more sense if we knew that Shookster the Librarian was often typing to respond to Shookster the Elderly Deranged Retiree.

Yes, we know what you're saying. An agreement that had an independent IAEA put in place to monitor Iranian activities for the next 10 years was a "bad deal." Ripping it up and having the IAEA go away is peachy keen with you.

How the hell that makes ANY SENSE whatsoever is beyond me, but, hey, it's a talking point by golly! We don't need no stinkin' DIPLOMACY, right?

In the immortal words of Forrest Gump: Stupid is as stupid does.
You are acting very stupid. You have TDS and are only looking at the Nuclear part of Iran and are completely blowing off the big picture. Narrow-minded

As Paul Ryan said at the time

“Iran’s hostile actions since its signing have only reaffirmed that it remains dedicated to sowing instability in the region.”

Saudi Arabia: "Iran used economic gains from the lifting of sanctions to continue its activities to destabilize the region, particularly by developing ballistic missiles and supporting terrorist groups in the region."

Big picture. It has done nothing for us at a cost. Bad, one-sided deal. Throwing away money

Per NBC, here's good citizen of the world Iran issuing the call to it's terrorist arms across the region to target and kill US military personnel.

The U.S. decision to surge additional military forces into the Middle East was based in part on intelligence that the Iranian regime has told some of its proxy forces and surrogates that they can now go after American military personnel and assets in the region, according to three U.S. officials familiar with the intelligence.

The intelligence shows that an Iranian official discussed activating Iranian-backed groups to target Americans, but did not mention targeting the militaries of other nations, the officials said.

Among the specific threats the U.S. military is now tracking, officials say, are possible missile attacks by Iranian dhows, or small ships, in the Persian Gulf; attacks in Iraq by Iranian-trained Shiite militia groups; and attacks against U.S. ships by the Houthi rebels in Yemen

Reactions: UCFWayne
You are acting very stupid. You have TDS and are only looking at the Nuclear part of Iran
Yeah, shame on me for focusing on "the Nuclear part." How stupid of me. :rolleyes:

It has done nothing for us at a cost. Bad, one-sided deal. Throwing away money
This is precious. We borrowed $6 trillion to fund our Middle East wars but God forbid we spend anything to avoid "the Nuclear part."

Per NBC...
The U.S. decision to surge additional military forces into the Middle East was based in part on intelligence that the Iranian regime has told some of its proxy forces and surrogates that they can now go after American military personnel and assets in the region, according to three U.S. officials familiar with the intelligence.
The Iranian regime has told its surrogates they can NOW go after American military in the region??!?!? Gee, what changed?

Yeah, shame on me for focusing on "the Nuclear part." How stupid of me. :rolleyes:

This is precious. We borrowed $6 trillion to fund our Middle East wars but God forbid we spend anything to avoid "the Nuclear part."

The Iranian regime has told its surrogates they can NOW go after American military in the region??!?!? Gee, what changed?

I'm sure its just a coicidence this game right after Bolton & Trump declared the Iranian Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization.

There's no way this is related.

Reactions: DaShuckster

I'm sorry, are you suggesting that it's OK or "understandable" for foreign terrorist regimes to order the killing of American military personnel over economic disputes? If you are, please stop and re-think how you want to continue in this thread, before being outed as an even worse human than you already are.

I'm sorry, are you suggesting that it's OK or "understandable" for foreign terrorist regimes to order the killing of American military personnel over economic disputes? If you are, please stop and re-think how you want to continue in this thread, before being outed as an even worse human than you already are.
Isn't it a strange aspect of human nature that whether we're talking about this board or about Iranian-US relations, when one side escalates the animosity and distrust, the other side reacts in kind?

Damn, I wish we could clamp down the anger and vitriol and reach some kind of peaceful agreement with Iran. Oh I forgot, we had one until Trump trashed it.

Isn't it a strange aspect of human nature that whether we're talking about this board or about Iranian-US relations, when one side escalates the animosity and distrust, the other side reacts in kind?

Damn, I wish we could clamp down the anger and vitriol and reach some kind of peaceful agreement with Iran. Oh I forgot, we had one until Trump trashed it.

What in God's name are you even talking about? You ramble incoherently more than anyone I've encountered.

We imposed oil sanctions on a country that is committing terrorism throughout the region. Their response was to instruct their militias to target and kill American soldiers in the region. Please explain the moral equivalency that you're so pathetically attempting to draw here?

What in God's name are you even talking about? You ramble incoherently more than anyone I've encountered.

Sorry, I'll try to lower the discussion down to a level you'll understand. :)

We imposed oil sanctions on a country that is committing terrorism throughout the region.
Actually, what the Trump Administration did was to declare the Iranian military as a foreign terrorist organization. It is the first time our country has designated an entity of another government as a terrorist organization, putting them in the same category as al-Qaida.

The designation imposes a variety of economic (such as oil as you mentioned) and travel sanctions on Iran's Revolutionary Guard as well as organizations, companies and individuals with ties to it. It places a lot of restrictions on OUR military too when it comes to communicating with other military authorities (i.e. Iraqi, Lebanon, etc.) who have been in contact with Iran's Guard. So essentially, we've locked ourselves out of many military communication flows across the Middle East.

The designation was opposed by a number of national security officials who argued that it would (surprise, surprise) incite retaliation by Tehran against U.S. troops and intelligence officers. As one could expect, Iran responded to Trump's announcement by branding the United States as 'a supporter of terrorism" in the Middle East.

Let's all cheer Trump, Pompeo, and Bolton's amazing efforts towards stabilizing the region!

Reactions: NinjaKnight

Actually, what the Trump Administration did was to declare the Iranian military as a foreign terrorist organization. It is the first time our country has designated an entity of another government as a terrorist organization, putting them in the same category as al-Qaida.

The designation imposes a variety of economic (such as oil as you mentioned) and travel sanctions on Iran's Revolutionary Guard as well as organizations, companies and individuals with ties to it. It places a lot of restrictions on OUR military too when it comes to communicating with other military authorities (i.e. Iraqi, Lebanon, etc.) who have been in contact with Iran's Guard. So essentially, we've locked ourselves out of many military communication flows across the Middle East.

The designation was opposed by a number of national security officials who argued that it would (surprise, surprise) incite retaliation by Tehran against U.S. troops and intelligence officers. As one could expect, Iran responded to Trump's announcement by branding the United States as 'a supporter of terrorism" in the Middle East.

Let's all cheer Trump, Pompeo, and Bolton's amazing efforts towards stabilizing the region!

I get it- so blame the US for a terrorist regime acting like a terrorist regime. Jesus Christ.

Kind of. He did have his own party in charge of congress but the media has been full-on 100% against him. Obama got the ACA through when he had congress, it seems like Trump had the same advantage but really wasnt able to take advantage of it.
Because of good ole thumbs down McCain! That’s the one vote I absolutely regret, ever voting for that guy. And Romney is a close second.

Reactions: UCFWayne

I’d just like to circle back to this terrible post to again point out that Shookster deliberately avoided the last point in my post and he’s essentially saying here that if Iran does indeed kill our soldiers, they “had it coming” becuase we chose to punish Iran economically for carrying out terrorism through the region. That somehow economic conflict is grounds for armed conflict and terrorism.

This is a disturbing and anti-American viewpoint and should be condemned

I’d just like to circle back to this terrible post to again point out that Shookster deliberately avoided the last point in my post and he’s essentially saying here that if Iran does indeed kill our soldiers, they “had it coming” becuase we chose to punish Iran economically for carrying out terrorism through the region. That somehow economic conflict is grounds for armed conflict and terrorism.

This is a disturbing and anti-American viewpoint and should be condemned

This Shookster clown consistently avoids all the salient points when he is undeniably wrong which is 99% of the time...........he always manages to go off in an entirely different direction

This Shookster clown consistently avoids all the salient points when he is undeniably wrong which is 99% of the time...........he always manages to go off in an entirely different direction

No question

Reactions: JAFFX2
Yeah, it's got to be so frustrating for you guys when my 'entirely different direction' happens to be The Truth.

What an unfair talking point, right guys? :)

Lol holy crap- he capitalized “The Truth” as if his lies and delusions are divine , and require to be capitalized as well

[roll]

Reactions: JAFFX2

Do you think it’s OK for us to allow Iran to get Nukes considering how they are frikin nuts and will actually use them on Israel? Trump is just squeezing them in hopes that it eventually leads to the overthrow of the radicals in charge, thus avoiding a major military conflict. And, in the end, we must do whatever it takes to make sure they can’t destroy Israel.

ADVERTISEMENT