ADVERTISEMENT

Trump overhauls Endangered Species Act

UCFWayne

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2011
Casselberry
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ion-weaken-endangered-species-act/1985543001/

The Trump administration announced on Monday a major overhaul to the Endangered Species Act that it said would reduce regulations. Environmentalists said the changes would push more animals and plants to extinction because of threats from climate change and human activities.

im all for reducing regulations but we also need to protect our animals and the environment. i hope this change can help make the esa more effective and allow for more species to recover. i just dont know if it will.

I agree with Trump.

He definitely wants to overhaul an act that included any possible Democratic candidates qualified to run for office in 2020

Just push those bastard endangered species to the brink of extinction

Reactions: UCFBS
The act no longer lets special interest lawyers in the courts dictate policy. They can still sue and get judges to intervene, but it's now defined by actual studies. This has been a long time in coming.

Especially since the prior was one of the reasons the informal Sagebrush Rebellion started. The US Federal government has repeatedly abused this, and judges have utterly been culpable. What finally got me to care was the 'double jeopardy' situation that led to the stand-off with militia. That judge should be disbarred.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT