ADVERTISEMENT

Trump Whistleblower and 'Promises' to Ukraine

Why is it inappropriate for our attorney general to advise an ally on how to address corruption?

You guys went from "trump threatened to withhold aid if they didn't come up with dirt on biden", to "our government isn't supposed to help allies", and the solution is still the same thing: impeach trump.

TDS at its pinnacle

I didn't say our government, I said our attorney general. Don't make up what I said. And no, that isn't his job. His is the US AG, not the worlds attorney general. We have a state department and other areas for international processes.

I didn't say our government, I said our attorney general. Don't make up what I said. And no, that isn't his job. His is the US AG, not the worlds attorney general. We have a state department and other areas for international processes.

Lol, did he offer to have the attorney general prosecute anything? You're grasping at straws

Lol, did he offer to have the attorney general prosecute anything? You're grasping at straws

I am grasping at straws? You think the AG getting involved with foreign governments on behalf of the president (who he does not work for BTW) is appropriate, but I am grasping at straws? You have to be kidding me.

I am grasping at straws? You think the AG getting involved with foreign governments on behalf of the president (who he does not work for BTW) is appropriate, but I am grasping at straws? You have to be kidding me.
I don't think that you understand how often our governmental personnel assist and advise foreign countries. This is not even remotely an unusual circumstance.

You certainly don't have a problem with our VP going over to Ukraine and "helping" them root out corruption. Why not our top law enforcement official?

Bribing a foreign power with a promise of military funding to dig up dirt on a major opponent is about an egregious example of abuse of office that one can find.
Let’s read the transcript of the call before characterizing what Trump did or didn’t do.
i just read the transcript. can you quote the part where trump promised to withhold military funding unless they dug up dirt on biden?
It isn't the same thing. Biden wanted the guy pushed out due to corruption. Other countries and organizations wanted him out as well. Trump, if true of course, was threatening to withhold aid to benefit his campaign. These are completely different situations.
Asking to investigate corruption is fine. Bribing someone to investigate a potential political opponent isn't. And you are smart enough to know that.
i just read the transcript. can you quote the part where trump promised to withhold military funding unless they dug up dirt on biden?

on the other hand we do have biden bragging about actually withholding aid to get a prosecutor fired that was just happening to look into a business his son was involved in. i can link the call transcript and the video of biden bragging again if that helps your research.

Reactions: Crazyhole
I don't even know what this means. How is this micromanaging anything? It is an investigation on one topic, that we would like the answers too.
micromanage
verb (used with object), mi·cro·man·aged, mi·cro·man·ag·ing.

to manage or control with excessive attention to minor details.

Are we now saying that we want to analyze every conversation the POTUS or the executive staff has with every foreign entity to see if there is anything that we can rake them over the coals on. That we're launching investigation after investigation IN THIS COUNTRY to try to take down our political opponents based on the loosest of reasons and that those investigations have no constraints or due process limitation? You think this is a good way for us to do the business of governing our country?

micromanage
verb (used with object), mi·cro·man·aged, mi·cro·man·ag·ing.

to manage or control with excessive attention to minor details.

Are we now saying that we want to analyze every conversation the POTUS or the executive staff has with every foreign entity to see if there is anything that we can rake them over the coals on. That we're launching investigation after investigation IN THIS COUNTRY to try to take down our political opponents based on the loosest of reasons and that those investigations have no constraints or due process limitation? You think this is a good way for us to do the business of governing our country?
Maybe it would be better if we required the president to be broadcast live 24/7 on CNN so we don't need these investigations. Just record his every movement, conversation, and bowel movement. That way we don't have to investigate. National security be damned! WE NEED TO KNOW!

Reactions: UCFWayne
Maybe it would be better if we required the president to be broadcast live 24/7 on CNN so we don't need these investigations. Just record his every movement, conversation, and bowel movement. That way we don't have to investigate. National security be damned! WE NEED TO KNOW!

Or you know, we could just treat him as a normal president and cover things that matter, as is happening.

I am looking forward to the days where we get back to normal and a scandal in the White House consists of tan suits and the wrong kind of mustard though. Things that really matter with Republicans.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
What? It literally says on the bottom, "CAUTION: A Memorandum of a Telephone Conversation (TELCON) is not a verbatim transcript of a discussion."
It was a joke. I already addressed this. It’s an almost-transcript. Not a summary where you condense and paraphrase what was said and not a transcript.

When I heard the whole 'transcript' thing, it raised my eyebrow because, according to an intelligence officer who used to cover this type of phone call conversation during the Bush era, there is never an attempt to recreate a transcript of the conversation. The goal is to write up a few notes that cover the salient points.

I find it interesting that this memo attempted to give us a real-looking transcript. Kind of like a Barr memo giving us a real-looking assessment of the Mueller Report. :)

The President asked the prez of Ukraine to check into the crowd strike affair, Crowd strike is the company the Dems used to go over their servers after they refused to let FBI look at them. That is who said Russians hacked them. They also accused Russians of hacking Ukraine military servers causing the death of thousands. Ukraine said that never happened and Crowd Strike who is ran by a Russian who hates Putin, had to pull their report and admit it was false.

trump and zelensky just had a press conference together. he said he felt no pressure to investigate biden. lol

Democrats whiffed on Russia collusion, whiffed on Brett Kavanaugh, and are going to whiff on Ukraine.

This election is going to be fun.

IT WASN'T A TRANSCRIPT!
Actually, I agree, it wasn't the transcript. Now we'll see what happens next. Considering this is setting a new precedent, the Democrats may wish they never went down this road. Again, we'll see.

In any case, one thing this whole situation is starting to expose is how much corruption there was in the Ukrainian gov't prior to the 'shooting conflict.' The Russians didn't 'suddenly go bad' overnight. Not only do most Americans remember the 2012 argument, "The 1980s called and they want their foreign policy back," but Romney polls very well in 2019, just like Gore did by 2003.

Again, I don't think this works out well for the Democrats in the end, especially if they find nothing criminal. There is a lot of documentation about how many lawyers registered as foreign agents working for Moscow, including a lot of Democratic party members who were far more involved than Cohen and others.

Democrats whiffed on Russia collusion, whiffed on Brett Kavanaugh, and are going to whiff on Ukraine.
This election is going to be fun.
Actually, I think this is really going to backfire. There are far more establishment Democrats who were part of the Russian overthrow of Ukranian leaders, and lobbying on behalf of Moscow for Ukraine to join the EEU instead of EU, and those entities were registered, foreign agents. Podesta was one of them, and it's why the Russians hacked his account when the Obama administration reversed course on Russia. This was before Podesta become Clinton's campaign manager. That was just the 'bonus' the Russians got out of it.

If the Democrats really go down this route, we're looking at some serious investigations flying back in their face ... even if Trump is removed and/or the Democrats take back the White House in 2020. I mean, there's a reason the Obama administration was very quiet about Russian interference, and Podesta hasn't said a single peep on this ... ever. The Democrats are just going to reap what they sow if this goes anywhere. It's MAD, literally, they will finally turn all of the attention of Russian on themselves. I don't think Obama will come out well, just like he hasn't on Iran either.

Here we go with THE LATEST craziness from our blowhard leader. Like the Stormy Daniels mess, first Trump DENIES it all. Then he says, 'okay, yeah, he DID mention Biden's son during his conversation with the new Ukrainian leader but there was nothing wrong about it. His conversation was "Perfect"

Then we learn he brought Biden up 8 TIMES during their talk. :rolleyes:
It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Trump is going to get his butt impeached for his latest stupidity.
  1. He has admitted he mentioned investigating Biden's son during his phone call with the new Ukrainian leader. (Once released, the transcript will show he brought up Biden's son 8 times during the course of their discussions.)
  2. For some strange reason Trump told his Chief-of-Staff to HOLD UP $391 million in military aid to Ukraine a week before his phone call with their new President.
  3. Trump claims he said nothing wrong but refuses to release the tape to Congress because "it would establish a bad precedent." However, he added that "if" he had pushed for Ukraine to follow up on his concerns with corruption, there wouldn't have been anything wrong with it.
Okay, Red Hats, please spin how we're all SUPPOSED to look at this idiocy. :)
anyone else search the transcripts and find the 8 times trump brought up biden? im having a problem finding all of them.

ive been using control + f and i only found "biden" 2 times. am i doing it wrong? can you help me find the other 6 times?

I don't know, maybe he was mentioned in the ellipses, since ya know, it isn't a transcript and it isn't verbatim.

I don't know, maybe he was mentioned in the ellipses, since ya know, it isn't a transcript and it isn't verbatim.
And as I said, I agree. This is nothing at this point. It's what the Trump administration wants to release.

At the same time, the Democratic leadership is saying there is enough to go on. Interesting, based on reading it.

The only question is whether or not things were removed because they could not be de-classified? Or it was things the Trump administration didn't want to see?

Didn't we just go through this with the Mueller investigation? Oh wait, that was because we redacted things about other Presidents and Democratic politicians involved with the Russians, who were not Trump or Republicans in the Trump administration. That's right!

As always, we'll see ... and I don't mean just in this impeachment investigation.

I'm still waiting for the US Media to mention one, single iota about Podesta and others ... let alone Biden isn't clean, and he knows it, as well as Obama. Obama is quiet for a reason, just like Podesta.

ive been using control + f and i only found "biden" 2 times. am i doing it wrong? can you help me find the other 6 times?
Clearly it's a fake. There's no way that trump didn't do what the left wants to think he did. Probably just another conspiracy.

I just still can't believe with the level of corruption in this White House and the number of investigative reporters looking into him that we still don't have anything of substance. It's almost like........TDS.

Clearly it's a fake. There's no way that trump didn't do what the left wants to think he did. Probably just another conspiracy.

I just still can't believe with the level of corruption in this White House and the number of investigative reporters looking into him that we still don't have anything of substance. It's almost like........TDS.

It's not about being fake. It is a summary. A summary, by definition, doesn't include everything in the call. I don't see how that is difficult to understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: MACHater02
It's not about being fake. It is a summary. A summary, by definition, doesn't include everything in the call. I don't see how that is difficult to understand.

A summary would include talk about something as important as military aid. But I'm sure that was just conveniently left out and we'll find more in the summary of Rudy's interaction with them. Lulz.

A summary would include talk about something as important as military aid. But I'm sure that was just conveniently left out and we'll find more in the summary of Rudy's interaction with them. Lulz.

Good lord you are really dumbing yourself down now, have at it, call it whatever you wish.

Welcome to U.S. Constitution 101, class! (surveys the classroom) Hmmm, I can see I have my work cut out for me.

Let's start with this: If a sitting President asks a favor of a foreign leader than involves digging up dirt on his political rival back in the States, is THAT considered a Constitutional No-No?

Little Wayne raises his hand. "Only if it can be PROVEN he asked 8 TIMES."

Crazyhole: If it's Trump, it's just a case of leftwing TDS.

Sorry, boys, but the Constitution specifically states that a President cannot use his position for personal gain. Get out your notebooks because I assure you this WILL be on your next test. Listen carefully: It's called a 'Conflict of Interest.'

Last edited:
Welcome to U.S. Constitution 101, class! (surveys the classroom) Hmmm, I can see I have my work cut out for me.

Let's start with this: If a sitting President asks a favor of a foreign leader than involves digging up dirt on his political rival back in the States, is THAT considered a Constitutional No-No?

Sorry, boys, but the Constitution specifically states that a President cannot use his position for personal gain. Get out your notebooks because I assure you this WILL be on your next test. Listen carefully: It's called a 'Conflict of Interest.'
If only the IG has referred this to the DOJ for investigation. Oh wait, that happened back in August and the Criminal Division determined
that there was no violation. Go ahead though, you’re on a 3 year roll of being wrong. Why stop now?

Personal gain like making millions of dollars personally on book deals?

What personal gain would trump receive from this alleged deal?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT