ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Portal Thread-signings/rumors

Remember this kid Lobo? I certainly do.

"Oh recruiting... It can be such a strange world.
The Tigers often find themselves in the middle of the drama but usually it doesn’t end well for them. Today, however, is a different story.

"3* Buck Romello Height has been committed to Miami since the first of July. His social media presence has been heavy Canes. He went as far as to tweet out that his recruitment was 100% shut down last week."

Remember this kid Lobo? I certainly do.

"Oh recruiting... It can be such a strange world.
The Tigers often find themselves in the middle of the drama but usually it doesn’t end well for them. Today, however, is a different story.

"3* Buck Romello Height has been committed to Miami since the first of July. His social media presence has been heavy Canes. He went as far as to tweet out that his recruitment was 100% shut down last week."

Lol. That caught nobody as a surprise. He went on a “secret” visit to Auburn and denied being there but Ivins outed him.

He then got mad and called Ivins a “liar” and tweeted a picture of himself with his legs on a couch tagged “at home”.

I know he would not amount to much…kids like that never do. Same for players with social media warrior parents….fans love those parents at FIRST but it ALWAYS goes bad along the way.

UCF got a couple of those this year (social media goofy parents). Lol. Good luck.

lol…the infamous picture:

Last edited:
Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
REPORT: The Auburn Tigers Added a Talented Quarterback from the Transfer Portal.

@Shark19

If I was Auburn, I’d be concerned that McCloud was the best they could muster from the portal given they had no definitive starter given the poor offensive performance of last year

If I was Auburn, I’d be concerned that McCloud was the best they could muster from the portal given they had no definitive starter given the poor offensive performance of last year
I was just trolling @Shark19 because he was always downing McCloud. Auburn wants him to accept a PWO offer.

McCloud is one of two quarterbacks on a negotiation list a Canadian football program. He may go that route.

Anyone surprised that Timmy has stuck around so far? He was the defacto starter and now he’s not. That’ll hurt anyone’s ego

Yes....but he may see what is going on in Spring practices and then jump into the Spring portal if he doesn't like the way things are looking.
He may be content with learning from and backing up a real QB knowing he is a play away from starting for a coach who runs his quarterbacks as often as service academics run theirs.

Anyone surprised that Timmy has stuck around so far? He was the defacto starter and now he’s not. That’ll hurt anyone’s ego
This is KJ's year with UCF so let's hope that he not only leads by example but takes the QB's under his wing and mentors them. In working with them, he'll learn their strengths and weaknesses and give Gus guidance on the best guy to succeed him. No one knows better than the guys who are out there on the field. Although Timmy's the favorite, it should be a wide-open competition for #2.

Reactions: Yaes
He may be content with learning from and backing up a real QB knowing he is a play away from starting for a coach who runs his quarterbacks as often as service academics run theirs.
He wasn't content last time, and he now has a year less eligibility.....he will probably realize if he wants to play he has to leave. Bringing in a 1 year rental is a clear sign he isn't in line to start.

Reactions: Yaes
He wasn't content last time, and he now has a year less eligibility.....he will probably realize if he wants to play he has to leave. Bringing in a 1 year rental is a clear sign he isn't in line to start.
Who will be the backup then? Gus Malzahn manages to get every single QB injured due to poor: offensive schemes, play calling and OL play.

TM is the only QB with any viable experience if KJ were to go down.

Dennis Briggs to Illinois. Another Gus Malzahn whiff on the trenches. Ted Roof doing nothing but collecting checks.

Did not want.

Would be 1,000,000x better to let Josh Celiscar return.
Not sure Josh is what we need with the attacking defense that Roof likes. If Josh was willing to change his approach to all out attacking on every play that he's in the game, that would be an asset. And he should agree to it since it's the only way he sniffs the next level.

Not sure Josh is what we need with the attacking defense that Roof likes. If Josh was willing to change his approach to all out attacking on every play that he's in the game, that would be an asset. And he should agree to it since it's the only way he sniffs the next level.
He can easily move inside and be a rotational piece at one of the DT positions. He can always bounce out and play SDE in certain situations, such as early downs or obvious running situations. If he wants to play in the NFL, he needs to show versatility.

Reactions: lawknight
He can easily move inside and be a rotational piece at one of the DT positions. He can always bounce out and play SDE in certain situations, such as early downs or obvious running situations. If he wants to play in the NFL, he needs to show versatility.
At 265-270 lbs Josh lacks the size to be an effective DT. At DE he doesn't set the edge well on running plays to his side and he rarely gets to the passer. So I understand why we chose to move on.

I'd much rather see LeBlanc, with his explosiveness and agility at 290-300 lbs, get reps both inside and outside.

Reactions: U C to the F
At 265-270 lbs Josh lacks the size to be an effective DT. At DE he doesn't set the edge well on running plays to his side and he rarely gets to the passer. So I understand why we chose to move on.
Everything. Literally EVERYTHING you said about Josh Celiscar is correct. UCF wanted a DT/SDE rotational piece and was chasing a sixth-year, injury-plagued FSU reserve (Dennis Bragg, Jr), who must be granted an NCAA waiver to be eligible to play this season. (Bragg signed with Indiana. He is its problem now.)

My point is

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL3VjZmtuaWdodHMtY29tLXByb2QvMjAyMy8wNS8zMS91dFNPSVB3UWEwQWJWNEx5SHRuZ0t0YmIzNXltQjdhOGNaZUlXalQwLmpwZw.jpg

...is a better option than...

(i.e. no option, which is the only option UCF has. As a result, I would have simply invited Celiscar back with a greatly diminished role that saw him go from a three-year starter to a rotational piece that saw only 100 snaps over the course of the entire season. The most logical conclusion I can draw is UCF offered Celiscar a chance to change positions with a diminished role and he declined.)

As far as Leblanc, we have no idea what he can or cannot do. The fact that UCF was desperate enough to consider a transfer like Bragg suggests the Knights need a depth piece badly.

Last edited:
Celiscar is looking to get some money for his last year. He also wants to be coached by someone other than Kenny Ingram.

There’s really no interest in him from P4 teams. He won’t get paid. He’s an average college player that won’t get drafted or play in the NFl. Might as well return to UCF.

Last edited:
Auburn wanted Cam Ward…that was the guy they went after. Boys got humbled.

LOL. What does that prove? Are you really that slow? He can’t discuss a portal QB by name until he signs the Grant Aid Agreement (financial aid papers). Auburn offered Cam Ward almost $2M.
No. 1.... Auburn was just testing the waters early on with many quarterbacks.

No. 2... Auburn didn't even seriously get involved until AFTER the bowl game.

Everything. Literally EVERYTHING you said about Josh Celiscar is correct. UCF wanted a DT/SDE rotational piece and was chasing a sixth-year, injury-plagued FSU reserve (Dennis Bragg, Jr), who must be granted an NCAA waiver to be eligible to play this season. (Bragg signed with Indiana. He is its problem now.)

My point is

aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL3VjZmtuaWdodHMtY29tLXByb2QvMjAyMy8wNS8zMS91dFNPSVB3UWEwQWJWNEx5SHRuZ0t0YmIzNXltQjdhOGNaZUlXalQwLmpwZw.jpg

...is a better option than...

(i.e. no option, which is the only option UCF has. As a result, I would have simply invited Celiscar back with a greatly diminished role that saw him go from a three-year starter to a rotational piece that saw only 100 snaps over the course of the entire season. The most logical conclusion I can draw is UCF offered Celiscar a chance to change positions with a diminished role and he declined.)

As far as Leblanc, we have no idea what he can or cannot do. The fact that UCF was desperate enough to consider a transfer like Bragg suggests the Knights need a depth piece badly.
On the contrary, I have reviewed tape on LeBlanc and seen his size, speed, quickness and pass rushing techniques and how they compare to those of Josh.

But more importantly, our coaching staff has seen how the two players compare.

Don't forget that Derek LeBlanc has been on our team for an entire season now. That is plenty of time for our coaching staff to evaluate what he can do as he has had an entire season to practice against Big 12 competition, i e our offense I trust the judgment of our coaching staff to evaluate talent

I appreciate Josh Celiscar, awesome freshman season but seemed to regress or at least production wise as the level of competition increased.

I’d rather use his scholarship on a young prospect to develop or someone out of the transfer portal. We have some young depth, I’d roll with them as they can’t be much worse setting the edge with more potential to set the edge and go after the qb.

Reactions: KnightLife1
he came in at 6'4" 265. it was a waste to force him to maintain that weight instead of putting on some pounds and moving inside where instead of being a not quite quick enough edge, he would be an athletic interior.
He was an above average, read-and-react AAC SDE against G5 competition and lower.

He was an eye sour in the Big 12 when asked to be a dynamic, attacking SDE/Edge defender.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT