ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Portal Thread-signings/rumors

Is it so hard to understand that a viable veteran QB with options is not going to want to play for Gus Malzahn. The Man had a bad reputation at Auburn and it only got worse at UCF.

His rigid and archaic offensive schemes do not lead to NFL development. He is also known to favorite certain guys and play them no matter what.
Who is Miami’s qb?

Weird that Miami is trending way up under Mario and UCF down under Malhazan?
Miami has been “trending up” for the last 20 years😂😂 you’re such a loser. How do you believe what you say? It’s like selling a product you know won’t work. **** off

Reactions: Robert0122
No, lots of players DON'T have high transfer grades.....and no he was not recruited as a WR, 4 star QBs wouldn't let himself get a position change that quickly.

The kid will get a P4 team.....hope it is ours, we need to reduce the number of QBs and bring in someone tailor made for the system to compete.

BTW, we just cleared another spot with Dallaz Corbitt now in the portal.
Shark, I was 💯% in agreement with you last year about signing a transfer portal QB. I think UCF needs one this year as well, but is filled to capacity at the position.

However...

If, by some chance, a spot opened up, UCF should look hard at this kid. He is 'worthy' IMO.

Four remaining years of eligibility:

Senior Highlights:

Stats:

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert0122
Unless something drastic happens, the chances of UCF signing a transfer portal QB are less than 5%.

The 2024 quarterback room is projected to consist of Timmy McClain, Dylan Rizk, Xavier Williams, EJ Colsin, and Riley Trujillo. That's excluding walk ons Brock Hansel and Gunner Smith. That's five scholarship quarterbacks and two walk ons. Gus usually carries only four scholarship QBs with only one walk on.

Now all bets are off is Williams jumps in the portal and signs with a smaller program. But even then there is no guarantee Gus would replace him. Chances are UCF will start fall camp without an experienced backup.

The good news is I think UCF's Quarterback of the Future will be on the roster by the middle of next week.
"Smaller program." Another backhanded shot. Dude, stfu!!! Did you forget that this "smaller program" stomped your program's ass into underground Atlanta?!

Reactions: LoboCane
"Smaller program." Another backhanded shot. Dude, stfu!!! Did you forget that this "smaller program" stomped your program's ass into underground Atlanta?!
Bored Come On GIF

"Smaller program" (a.k.a., FCS or D2).

Williams already transferred from Charlotte (FBS) to UCF (FBS), meaning he has used his one-time transfer. He cannot transfer to another FBS program without having to sit for a year. Thus, transferring to a "smaller program" is his only path to immediate eligibility.

Understand this: I WOULD NOT be here if I didn't genuinely want UCF to be successful. Also, not everyone is out to get you.

Bored Come On GIF

Williams already transferred from Charlotte (FBS) to UCF (FBS), meaning he has used his one-time transfer. He cannot transfer to another FBS program without having to sit for a year. Thus, transferring to a "smaller program" is his only path to immediate eligibility.

Understand this: I WOULD NOT be here if I didn't genuinely want UCF to be successful. Also, not everyone is out to get you.
😬 Damn my bad 😆 I apologize for this one.

Bored Come On GIF

I totally forgot about that Williams kid on our roster. Thought you were referring to somebody else.

Shark, I was 💯% in agreement with you last year about signing a transfer portal QB. I think UCF needs one this year as well, but is filled to capacity at the position.

However...

If, by some chance, a spot opened up, UCF should look hard at this kid. He is 'worthy' IMO.

Four remaining years of eligibility:

Senior Highlights:

Stats:
Already headed to Oregon St.....

In terms of just joining a P5 conference and our lack of NIL $$$$, yes we are a smaller school when it comes to transfers from across the country.

I'm watching alot of transfer recruiting videos, and outside of a couple of mentions about McCall......we are NEVER mentioned as a player for any top end transfers at any position

Sucks but true, we are still a G5 in terms of transfer visibility.

It will come, we need to be patient....

Bored Come On GIF

Yes he can, there is currently an unlimited transfer window due to a court injunction in the Maddox Kopp case.

And we can (if needed) pull a scholarship, as they are renewed on a year to year basis

In terms of just joining a P5 conference and ouro lack of NIL $$$$, yes we are a smaller school when it comes to transfers from across the country.

I'm watching alot of transfer recruiting videos, and outside of a couple of mentions about McCall......we are NEVER mentioned as a player for any top end transfers at any position

Sucks but true, we are still a G5 in terms of transfer visibility.

It will come, we need to be patient....
Nyland Green mentioned UCF.

Yes he can, there is currently an unlimited transfer window due to a court injunction in the Maddox Kopp case.

And we can (if needed) pull a scholarship, as they are renewed on a year to year basis

No. 1, the recruitment was prior to Colson reclassifying.

No. 2, McCall was a one-year rental.
Gus recruited McCall looking for an upgrade at QB from the current QB room. I don't think he expects Colson to come in and start. I still think he recruits a one year QB with experience.

Reactions: U C to the F
Yeah, that is crazy going to a bad team in a meh conference out in the middle of nowhere.

I have heard from unofficial sources that it is going unreported that a lot of players nationwide are not getting the NIL money they were promised.

A lot of these kids come from low income families and do not understand the importance of signing contracts. They just take boosters at the word, and promises are being broken.

It is being reported that players are jumping in the portal because of a lack of playing or issues with the coaching staff, but in reality, it's financial reasons.

EDIT: The sources are high school coaches. The information is second/third hand.

Last edited:
That won't happen, it would create several more lawsuits the NCAA would lose.
It doesn't have to 'happen' for it to work. To my knowledge, only one multiple-transfer prospect (Robby Ashford) has entered the portal since the ruling, and no program has taken a whiff on him so far due to the risk of having to have him sit out.

It doesn't have to 'happen' for it to work. To my knowledge, only one multiple-transfer prospect (Robby Ashford) has entered the portal since the ruling, and no program has taken a whiff on him so far due to the risk of having to have him sit out.

No, the reason nobody is interested in Robbie Ashford is.......well, he is Robbie Ashford.

But as of 30 seconds ago, he isn't in the portal

Lane Train and Ole Miss making moves

Only lost to Bama and Georgia this season . They could be the surprise SEC team next year to make the Playoffs

3 years....and would be a great pickup.

Scouting report
"Speed, speed and more speed. With an arm to boot. Johnson is one of the fastest football players in the state, not just quarterbacks, players, period, running a 10.56 100m this spring. But lest you think he's just a running quarterback, he's more a quarterback that can run- Johnson still wants to make plays with his arm. He's got a unique skill set, with arm strength and a quicker, consistent release and a smooth motion. He is boiling with upside and has all the natural physical tools to be a great quarterback."

One of the fastest players in freakin Cali....not a podunk state.

Guy is built for our program....and is 6' 2"

Has the same transfer grade as McCall
Technically, he did go to a P5 program, so cut a notch.

Gabarri Johnson is still in play.

Boys drawing plays in the sand an imaginary QB transfers in their head. What part of that UCF is slotted to have five scholarship QBs in 2024 do you not understand? Stop feeding these fans b.s.

There are zero viable transfer QB that will play for Malzahn. Literally none.

Not only is expected to sigh with Ore St....but listed at 5' 10"

New entry in the portal, but we won't have a chance
Malachai Nelson from USC, 5 star 2023 class......since Will Howard committed to them today

Finn is also gone - to Baylor

Not only is expected to sigh with Ore St....but listed at 5' 10"

New entry in the portal, but we won't have a chance
Malachai Nelson from USC, 5 star 2023 class......since Will Howard committed to them today

Finn is also gone - to Baylor
I like Gebarri. I don't love him, but I do realky like him. @LoboCane is copying my posts about UCF having five scholarship quarterbacks and two walk-ons. I have already said UCF is bursting at the seams in its QB room.

But... Per Brandon, UCF is still pursuing a fifth year transfer QB? Matthew Sulka has committed yet. Perhaps he is waiting until after Wednesday to announce when the ESD ink is dry.

I like Gebarri. I don't love him, but I do realky like him. @LoboCane is copying my posts about UCF having five scholarship quarterbacks and two walk-ons. I have already said UCF is bursting at the seams in its QB room.

But... Per Brandon, UCF is still pursuing a fifth year transfer QB? Matthew Sulka has committed yet. Perhaps he is waiting until after Wednesday to announce when the ESD ink is dry.
Again…understand that transfers sign nothing that’s binding. They can sign a grant aid agreement and they can do that with several schools.

The GAA let’s the school publish the players name and openly discuss the player but it’s NONBINDING. A transfer just enrolls in January and that’s it.

Is this too difficult for you to understand?

Last edited:
Again…understand that transfers sign nothing that’s binding. They can sign a grant aid agreement and they can do that with several teams.

The GAA let’s the school publish the players name and openly discuss the player but it’s NONBINDING. A transfer just enrolls in January and that’s it.

Is this too difficult for you to understand?
You are the one who is confused.

(Much to my chagrin), UCF is signing two prep quarterbacks Wednesday. A potential incoming fifth-year senior will be unconcerned with incoming freshmen. However, the incoming freshmen, who may be eyeing the backup job, (which will no longer exist) are gonna be pissed.

You are the one who is confused.

(Much to my chagrin), UCF is signing two prep quarterbacks Wednesday. A potential incoming fifth-year senior will be unconcerned with incoming freshmen. However, the incoming freshmen, who may be eyeing the backup job, (which will no longer exist) are gonna be pissed.
Lol. You are talking about two mid *3 that will not be starting anywhere their freshman year. They are going to be pissed about what? What are those two kids going to do about it?

There are no transfer QBs that would delay making an announcement based on that scenario. You keep coming up with these silly fantasies that would make sense to ZERO fans who understand college football.

Lol..You are the same guy that repeatedly posted about Bowman being a “secret weapon”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT