ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Portal Thread-signings/rumors

DEFINITELY worth tracking ...

PFF says this kid is a baller!

shape%2Fcover%2Fsport%2Fb6ae3aab3434663b9e143c773859cfb192aed37305e163a8e6c71e4abbb9cacf.jpg

*Originally recruited by former Auburn football HC Gus Malzahn, Bell was a 3-star out of Georgia committed to Auburn in 2019 on National Signing Day over Florida State."

(Bell entered the portal less than a month after Gus was fired and followed former FSU coach Willie Taggart to FAU.)

Scouting Report 1

"As an offensive lineman, Bell has a big frame with big hips and broad shoulders. He excels as a run blocker and has been called a mauler by some. He has good feet and he shown the ability to drive defenders off the ball. He is strong at the point of attack and he has played out of the two and three-point stance. He has some upside as he continues to improve his pass sets, pad level and finishing blocks."

Scouting Report 2

"Bell is a big fella at 6’3” 320 lbs. He played left tackle for his high school team but is projected to slide inside for the Tigers. In fact, he might start out at center. Bell is one of those interior maulers JB loves so much. Despite his girth, he can get out in the open field and make blocks to spring long plays while also getting great movement at the point of attack. He will probably need a redshirt season to rework his body some but should have a chance to challenge for playing time in 2020."

Last edited:
I thought UCF would pursue this kid. He is from Orlando. His dad was an NFL offensive lineman. I guess Gus doesn't read the local rag down there:

I'm obviously bummed out over this one, too.

Last edited:
It just isn't my Knight.

Break Stuff No GIF

On a side note, I understand UCF's reluctance to chase a kid who couldn't get reps with the first team at Georgia. But this kid is going to put it all together and be special.

Missing out on McDonald and Smith got me like...

Last edited:
LB Nikhai Hill-Green- Charlotte 49ers (OV 1/3)
Hill-Green has a history with FSU staffers, having been recruited by the ‘Noles out of high school before choosing the Michigan Wolverines. The 6’2”, 232 pounder played for former high school coach Biff Poggi in Charlotte this past season, having his best year to date by notching 73 tackles (nine TFL) and two sacks and earning all-conference honors.

Hill-Green is a grad transfer currently committed to the UCF Knights, whose linebackers are coached by former Seminole standout Ernie Sims, but there is strong mutual interest with FSU. He would immediately be in the mix for a starting role in Tallahassee.

UPDATE: The visit went extremely well and FSU is in the lead. If things work out with academics and timing, Hill-Green will be a Nole.

Apparently, there really are legitimate "paperwork issues."

• Wow
Reactions: Robert0122
It just isn't my Knight.

Break Stuff No GIF

On a side note, I understand UCF's reluctance to chase a kid who couldn't get reps with the first team at Georgia. But this kid is going to put it all together and be special.

Missing out on McDonald and Smith got me like...

Don't worry about the miss! You post enough crap that based on statistics you are bound to get one right eventually.

Hill-Green has a history with FSU staffers, having been recruited by the ‘Noles out of high school before choosing the Michigan Wolverines. The 6’2”, 232 pounder played for former high school coach Biff Poggi in Charlotte this past season, having his best year to date by notching 73 tackles (nine TFL) and two sacks and earning all-conference honors.

Hill-Green is a grad transfer currently committed to the UCF Knights, whose linebackers are coached by former Seminole standout Ernie Sims, but there is strong mutual interest with FSU. He would immediately be in the mix for a starting role in Tallahassee.

UPDATE: The visit went extremely well and FSU is in the lead. If things work out with academics and timing, Hill-Green will be a Nole.

Let me add an additional note.

FSU didn't get involved with Nikhai until AFTER he scrubbed his social media of UCF and it was reported that there was a problem with his paperwork.

I surmise the paperwork issue means the linebacker won't graduate before school starts Monday for the Knights.

The timing of FSU's involvement also suggests FSU couldn't just 'take' him away from UCF.

That is also very interesting.

Triple H Yes GIF by WWE

Last edited:
Reactions: Black_Knight07

If he can’t qualify at UCF how would he at FSU?

Well Tally isn’t about honoring rules these days so maybe they will cook the books

TCU is signing a Vandy QB over KJ Jefferson.

Uh Oh Omg GIF by ESPN

In a non-UCF related note...

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable
TCU is signing a Vandy QB over KJ Jefferson.

Uh Oh Omg GIF by ESPN

In a non-UCF related note...

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable
Taylen Green already previously transferred from Boise to Arkansas. It’s just musical chairs out here in college football land.

Reactions: AuburnLegacy_1
If he can’t qualify at UCF how would he at FSU?

Well Tally isn’t about honoring rules these days so maybe they will cook the books
You ask a relevant question. I was under the impression that FSU started to school later than UCF. I checked and both start Monday.

Whatever "paperwork issue" that was affected his enrollment at UCF is impacting his enrollment at FSU.

I will eat my crow if this comes to fruition and certainly be relieved when he is fully enrolled. As the supply for transfer portal QBs has dwindled and the demand has increased, KJ's NIL value has been steadily rising and currently lists at $715,000.

I know he loves Cam. H*ll his pre-game ritual consists of watching Cam Newton's highlights. I just hope he continues to give UCF the fanboy discount for one more day. Then I will feel better about projecting how he fits in the offense, which I have not done yet.

I am still waiting to see whether Javon Baker declares for the NFL by the Jan. 15th deadline.

I will eat my crow if this comes to fruition and certainly be relieved when he is fully enrolled. As the supply for transfer portal QBs has dwindled and the demand has increased, KJ's NIL value has been steadily rising and currently lists at $715,000.

I know he loves Cam. H*ll his pre-game ritual consists of watching Cam Newton's highlights. I just hope he continues to give UCF the fanboy discount for one more day. Then I will feel better about projecting how he fits in the offense, which I have not done yet.

I am still waiting to see whether Javon Baker declares for the NFL by the Jan. 15th deadline.
giphy.gif

a sub plot is hoping Boise or Tulane have success bc it makes the path for that school in Temple Terrace more difficult

I am assuming Jordan McCloud will be returning to a school in South Florida soon.
G5 school......

Still can't believe how Boise was able to get Nelson. Was looking at the Rivals transfer board for the first time this morning. They have Nelson at #5 overall, and Jefferson #71. All 3 boards have Nelson significantly above Jefferson.

I'm sure alot of that is one guy has 4 years of eligibility and the other just 1....but still. Sure looks like Boise and Tulane will rule their conferences the next couple of years.

Our secondary has officially completed the needed major upgrades. In '24, we should now be significantly better in underneath pass coverage and tackling on the back end.
I hope so, but we said the same thing last year with all the DB portal talent that flipped to UCF. The only one that panned out was Mask.

Reactions: Yaes
Nice get at DB. Still need 1 OL, 1 DE, and 1 LB at a minimum. Would prefer 2 more of each and a big time, 1 year rental at TE.

This kid has one of the crazier recruiting histories I have seen in a while.

From what I can gather, he committed to Georgia as a Class of 2024 prospect, reclassified to 2023 at some point, flipped to hometown Miami, signed to be a Hurricane at midyear, and then retracted his scholarship signing before ultimately signing with East Carolina to be with his girlfriend in February.

It is a good thing the UCF coaching staff waited to move-in day eve to take his commitment.

Regarding other positions, UCF has only two, three max, remaining scholarships to issue. Signing this kid tells me they missed on a prospect of need.

Kid isn't even 18 yet.

Our secondary has officially completed the needed major upgrades. In '24, we should now be significantly better in underneath pass coverage and tackling on the back end.
Apparently, this is the replacement for Corey Thornton. Very strange move by UCF, but it could pay off.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Reactions: tjb74
So I guess this means Ricky Barber will be back??

Probably so.

Unfortunately, the announcement of Dorsey probably also means UCF knew it was outbid for Temple transfer Victor Stoffel, who is scheduled to visit Texas A&M and Cal.

(It doesn't really matter because both are prominent tackles per PFF: https://www.pff.com/college/grades/position/t)

Allegedly, Texas A&M pledge Nic Scourton was given a base salary of $650k, a house, and a car to transfer to Texas A&M. He was making only $200k at Purdue.

As a double follow up, I found it curious that Stoffel was being represented by an agent, a handler if you will. I had to research whether CFB players can have "representatives." Apparently, as long as a player does not sign with a certified NFLPA agent, it is permissable.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT