ADVERTISEMENT

UCF Portal Thread-signings/rumors

THIS is a good pickup:

"You can see why the Huskers are interested. He earned first-team freshman All-America honors last season from Phil Steele. Alexander tallied 75 tackles, four tackles for loss, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery in 13 games last season."

"A native of Auburn, Washington, Alexander quickly picked up other offers from Washington, Louisiana Tech, UCF, Minnesota, UConn, Kansas, Montana State, Oregon State and Cal and others since entering the transfer portal."

HS evaluation:
"Alexander is a player who just continues to improve every time we watch him. Whether it is playing running back in spot duty or his more natural linebacker spot, he's always in the right place to make a tackle, does a great job diagnosing plays and shedding blockers and brings backs down. He's really emerged as a good coverage linebacker, he can be a three-down backer in college with improved coverage awareness, lateral agility and athleticism. As he continues to add weight and gets stronger, he could be an early impact guy in college."
Between Alexander, Carter, Pierre, and Pace (who plays like a LB)......we have really strengthened our options at LB
Per Stephen Leonard, "Xe’Ree Alexander becomes imo the second biggest pickup for UCF only behind KJ Jefferson."

I asked, "Can you explain why you rank him that highly?"

Leonard: "A linebacker that on my eye test is above what Jason Johnson’s level was already and has 3 years of eligibility left."

Signing this kid is big news. A MAJOR coup for Ernie Sims. I will give a guy credit when it is due.

Per Stephen Leonard, "Xe’Ree Alexander becomes imo the second biggest pickup for UCF only behind KJ Jefferson."

Leonard: "A linebacker that on my eye test is above what Jason Johnson’s level was already and has 3 years of eligibility left."

Signing this kid is big news. A MAJOR coup for Ernie Sims. I will give a guy credit when it is due.
I like Sims, we would also have gotten Hill-Green except for academics (or whatever)

According to On3 we now have the #8 transfer class in the Nation

You should be embarrassed of yourself. You are a free loader of the lowest level. An information scavenger. A loser.

You should be embarrassed of yourself. You are a free loader of the lowest level. An information scavenger. A loser.
Hahahahahahahaha……………………. The first step to recovery is to admit your addiction. The UCF board is like crack for you. Your appearance on this board after you promised to leave shows you are not a man of your word. Back to ignore for you.

All his highlights show him tackling 10 yards downfield, he’ll fit right in 🤦🏻‍♂️
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: Guinness_Knight
Gus Malzahn bringing another army of mediocre portal mercenaries. So far zero of them have beeen drafted.

How about Malzahn and his staff start playing and developing some of the young high school recruits?

Between Alexander, Carter, Pierre, and Pace (who plays like a LB)......we have really strengthened our options at LB
Could also signal that UCF will be moving away from the 4-2-5 base they’ve been playing the last couple of years, or at least building up depth to have the option to play 4-3 in certain situations/certain parts of the game.

I think UCF incorrectly assumed in their inaugural B12 season that opposing offenses were going to spread them out and throw the ball all over the field, but in reality teams ran right at them time and again. Time to beef up.

Could also signal that UCF will be moving away from the 4-2-5 base they’ve been playing the last couple of years, or at least building up depth to have the option to play 4-3 in certain situations/certain parts of the game.

I think UCF incorrectly assumed in their inaugural B12 season that opposing offenses were going to spread them out and throw the ball all over the field, but in reality teams ran right at them time and again. Time to beef up.
While I want you to be right with every fiber of my being and I want UCF to ditch its ridiculous defensive scheme, it would make no sense to sign defensive transfers who were evaluated for and recruited for--and who played in--a 4-2-5 defense (Cincinnati) or 3-3 stack (Texas Tech). I admit Anderson did play in a 3-4 scheme.

I'm other words, Gus didn't sign a strongside (Sam) linebacker, only mikes and wills.

However, there is no reason UCF couldn't run a little 3-3 stack, especially after losing both defensive ends (and not replacing Josh Celiscar).

Still I think the plan, based on the signees, is to play an aggressive, attacking-style front that gets penetration and disrupts out of the 4-2-5.

Gus Malzahn bringing another army of mediocre portal mercenaries. So far zero of them have beeen drafted.

How about Malzahn and his staff start playing and developing some of the young high school recruits?
Now I understand. Miami doesn’t look at wins or championships as a way to measure their success, it’s how many players they can get drafted! Who needs a winning season when you can have 3-5 players drafted!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

One of our long snappers Chris Bowerfind, jumped into the portal. Walk on or scholly guy?

One of our long snappers Chris Bowerfind, jumped into the portal. Walk on or scholly guy?
Walk on, but really good kid. Two ACL tears (2018 and 2019) and COVID (2020) derailed his recruitment. Wish him the best.

Last edited:
Look for UCF to get 5’9” 200 pound Ole Miss safety Ladarius Tennison. He originally signed with Auburn out of high school. That would make 9 DBs in the 2024 class.

Last edited:
Look for UCF to get 5’9” 200 pound Ole Miss safety Ladarius Tennison. He originally signed with Auburn out of high school. That would make 9 DBs in the 2024 class.
Tennison was recruited by Gus and transferred out a year after the coup. UCF signed two kids from Rockledge HS in this class, and Tennison would mark the third.

Not certain he is a take, but he would add a versatile athlete, capable of rotating between nickel and strong safety, with sound tackling technique to the Knights secondary. More significantly, though, UCF had issues on its punt and kick coverage teams, where Tennison is an absolute head hunter.

Per Inside The Rebels, "Tennison ended up starting in Ole Miss’ final two regular season games against ULM and Mississippi State. He wrapped up his junior campaign with 40 total tackles (26 solo) to go with 1.5 sacks. He played consistently through special teams making plenty of open field tackles, just as he did on the defensive side of the ball. For what it’s worth, Tennison was also recently named a finalist for the National Special Teams Player of the Year Award."

Last edited:
Him, hunter, walker and, LaBlanc. Amazing DT list. Should have plenty of rotation and fresh Legs
I think we are now good to go on DT and LB….my only concern on the front 7 are pass rushing ends….just one portal pickup

Also still think we are short on the OL….just 2 portal additions

Just a quick portal QB stat for AL

Only one of the top 25 rated QBs according to 247 isn’t committed

Jordan McCloud

Just a quick portal QB stat for AL

Only one of the top 25 rated QBs according to 247 isn’t committed

Jordan McCloud
He's got 3 more days before the draft deadline. (I kid.)

My point is and always has been is a better portal QB option than no portal QB option.

He would have been great competition for Timmy and would have been an experienced backup.

At the time, UCF had no other options.

Tennison was recruited by Gus and transferred out a year after the coup. UCF signed two kids from Rockledge HS in this class, and Tennison would mark the third.

Not certain he is a take, but he would add a versatile athlete, capable of rotating between nickel and strong safety, with sound tackling technique to the Knights secondary. More significantly, though, UCF had issues on its punt and kick coverage teams, where Tennison is an absolute head hunter.

Per Inside The Rebels, "Tennison ended up starting in Ole Miss’ final two regular season games against ULM and Mississippi State. He wrapped up his junior campaign with 40 total tackles (26 solo) to go with 1.5 sacks. He played consistently through special teams making plenty of open field tackles, just as he did on the defensive side of the ball. For what it’s worth, Tennison was also recently named a finalist for the National Special Teams Player of the Year Award."

Not certain he’s a take? He was already at UCF on OV.

Didn't realize UCF signed every player who officially visited. I will make a mental note of that. I sure hate Phillip picked FAU over UCF.

You are so dumb. Tennison just had an OV at UCF over the weekend and you don’t know if he’s a “take”. Lmao.

Dennis Briggs be an OK depth addition for UCF. On the other hand, UF OL Richie Leonard IV will be on OV to FSU this weekend and is forecasted to commit there. UCF already hosted Leonard and wanted him badly.

Tennison just had an OV at UCF over the weekend and you don’t know if he’s a “take”.
Yes. Neither do you. Unless you provide some information that you stole from behind a paywall, EAD.
Dennis Briggs be an OK depth addition for UCF. On the other hand, UF OL Richie Leonard IV will be on OV to FSU this weekend and is forecasted to commit there. UCF already hosted Leonard and wanted him badly.
Don't know who Dennis Briggs is. I don't know this Lionel Richie character either. My guess is he has good feet. I personally want FAU's Kamaar Bell.

You are so dumb. Tennison just had an OV at UCF over the weekend and you don’t know if he’s a “take”. Lmao.

You promised us you were gone...this ain't gone pal...gone is goodbye, adios, au revoir....and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Just leave.....

JB replacement? High school teammates with Matthew Alexander

Doubtful.

Ga. Tech just hired his high school head coaching legend Jess Simpson, who Gus should have hired from Duke.

Plus, JB was an X. The new uat guy is a slot
Lmao. Boys think Bond went in the portal to transfer to UCF. Ahahhahahahahhajajja.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT