ADVERTISEMENT

***UCF/Turtles Game Thread***

Time to play some Big 10 teams in our class. Maryland is conquered. Next.....

QB isn't the only RB on Maryland's 300 yard per game rushing.
That's true, but they've benefited from an efficient passing game to keep defenses honest. Pigrome and Hill were 84% and 75% passers respectively. Bortenschlager was 15/26 today, and we really didn't need to respect his arm.

I'm still impressed though. 1.1 yards per carry is impressive, but even when you take out the -24 on two team "carries" they're still under 2 yards per carry.

I like the direction the defense is going for sure.

Feel bad about their star QB. But as the announcer said, "he's gotta learn how to slide." Milton had to learn that lesson last year, too.

Because we knocked Hill out, this is gonna end up not being a very shiny win at the end of the year.
There's only so many QBs they can use to be effective. That said their 3rd string wouldve made a nice starter for our 2010 team. He's better than Calabrese.**

Reactions: Mikesi
QB isn't the only RB on Maryland's 300 yard per game rushing.
That's true, but they've benefited from an efficient passing game to keep defenses honest. Pigrome and Hill were 84% and 75% passers respectively. Bortenschlager was 15/26 today, and we really didn't need to respect his arm.

I'm still impressed though. 1.1 yards per carry is impressive, but even when you take out the -24 on two team "carries" they're still under 2 yards per carry.

I like the direction the defense is going for sure.

Plus that QB could return for them this season and lead them to more victories. Other teams will have the same chance we did to lay a good hit on him and get him out of the game. Part of the game and we can't be penalized for clean, physical play, that left them short handed at the most critical position.

Milton alone ran for over 50 yds more than did the entire Maryland team! Their high-powered ground game was stopped.
Because we have a defensive line full of bulldozers and Maryland simply got in their way

uUnHrUA.jpg

Nice win. Milton game managed and made some plays with his feet. Defense was solid. Two beat-downs, and the second on the road after a tumultuous two week period due to hurricanes. Kudos to the staff and kids for finding a way to stay focused. Maybe we are better than most people thought we'd be. There certainly is a lot of talent out there. Hopefully they can repeat the effort next week. Shame I'll still be out of the country for it but that's life.
there is so much talent at the skill positions and they are all freshman and sophomores. If the Lines of Scrimmage can hold up and Milton can avoid the early turnovers(he was really close to 2 interceptions in that 1st quarter) defenses will look lost and deflated like Maryland was late in that game.

Other than Memphis and USF I don't think other teams QBs are that great so hopefully we see a similar formula play out like this afternoon.

there is so much talent at the skill positions and they are all freshman and sophomores. If the Lines of Scrimmage can hold up and Milton can avoid the early turnovers(he was really close to 2 interceptions in that 1st quarter) defenses will look lost and deflated like Maryland was late in that game.

Other than Memphis and USF I don't think other teams QBs are that great so hopefully we see a similar formula play out like this afternoon.
Today, the stars were also down in the trenches on the lines. Real blue-collar heroes who took gave back as good as they got. By the end, it was "NO MAS!"

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Feels great to be a winner again and read these articles being written because of us instead of about us. I feel their pain.

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT