ADVERTISEMENT

UCF vs Kent St. game thread ⚔️⚔️🖤💛

Gotta love the talent and depth on this team with 2024 recruits licking their chops right now to step onto the field next season at UCF. What a great marketing job by the team and the game for recruiting. Yes we are NOT there yet but a great first game. Next week should be a very big next test for this team. I love the way that September usually gives us a good idea of where we are at. Can't judge this team in one week but after one month we will know where we are at.

Can JRP just throw everything 2 feet lower please
The problem is when he does throw it lower it's in the dirt.
I can't read the damn names lol. Also the font, it's hard to see the difference between 1 and 7.
I've never leaned so much on the depth chart as much as I did tonight lol. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised to see some of the names. Bullard, Rian Davis, Kitler, Pittman, etc. And they looked good. I still loved the uni's, although they could've used a better logo on the helmet imo.
Liked what I saw from Timmy. Hope he gets another series.
Looked promising indeed.
FS1 announcers dont know what to think about the rocket launch haha
I don't think they were actually there. They were completely flummoxed lol.

The OL looks like it is going to get pushed around in this league for the next couple of seasons until we can get some starters that all have real size.

JRP did JRP things, at least this season he has Hinshaw to hopefully help him. His athleticism is undeniable, still lacks touch at times. Going to be another season of very high highs, and cringe-worthy lows.

The Defense is basically what I was expecting to see in the first game. The front looked great, the back needs to develop quickly. We're going to get toasted this year through the air if they don't come together quickly. But still some great plays were made and there is potential.

RB room is loaded and RJ held onto the effing ball! Very pleased with how he and the entire unit played.

WR depth looking great with Xavier. Was hoping to see Jarrad Baker get a couple of catches because I think he has some of the outright speed we need. Javon and Hudson are tremendous but they do not have game-breaking speed.

3 SACKS in the first game, LFG! Walker looks the part already and Hunter proved the offseason rumors to be true, he's definitely in much better shape.

Boomer looks like he's added some strength to his Booms. Lots of touchbacks, love to see it.

Honestly, without the JRP turnovers, I think we looked phenomenal. A few too many penalties but that's to be expected in week 1. On to Boise!

I like what I have seen. Need to get Javon Baker more touches and JRP needs to throw it lower. But overall great job
I like a lot of what I saw. Plays and playcalling for one thing. OL and Pass coverage still suspect IMO.

Last edited:
Wtf was the deal with the gates. Didn’t get to our seats until 3:27 left in the first quarter. They closed them and wouldn’t open them for a long time because of students “rushing” them or something. How about you just take-down or taze a few jackasses…problem solved real quick.

No excuses. Just unacceptable to hold your ticket holders hostage over some assholes. They are going to get an earful from thousands of people tomorrow. They have two weeks to rectify the situation to make sure that nonsense doesn’t happen again. Didn’t feel like a “big time” program today. I’ve probably been to 1,000 events in my life (concerts, festivals, sporting events, etc…) and not once was anything that annoying, and nobody said anything for like 15-20 minutes until finally some cop with a megaphone said something.

Positives: A win and a flyover from a Falcon 9. Timmy has a nice arm. His throws were crisp and put in good places. Running backs were all excellent.

Negatives: JRP still seemed pretty average in my opinion. The two picks in the endzone were abysmal. Can’t have that happen against real opponents. That said, we didn’t show much tonight…probably because we didn’t want to give Boise very much to prepare with.

I'm working overseas right now and trying my hardest to stay awake for these weekday games but admittedly went to sleep by gametime. Woke up around 4am with an awful feeling/maybe even a dream that UCF struggling or even losing to Kent State (I am kind of superstitious and need to watch every live game), so quickly turned on Twitter, saw the feed of the current game stats and saw 3-40 something and just went back to sleep, thinking....finally this is P5 power

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I'm working overseas right now and trying my hardest to stay awake for these weekday games but admittedly went to sleep by gametime. Woke up around 4am with an awful feeling/maybe even a dream that UCF struggling or even losing to Kent State (I am kind of superstitious and need to watch every live game), so quickly turned on Twitter, saw the feed of the current game stats and saw 3-40 something and just went back to sleep, thinking....finally this is P5 power
I feel that lol. So many years of losing, cardiac knights, etc. My anxiety doesn't begin to subside until we're either at least 2 TDs up late in the game, or we're getting blown out. It's going to be a long season!

Yeah, if O Line doesn't improve there be problems against better teams we will now face.
It may be the opponent that experiences the problems. Consider this from another article I read this morning as we criticize where the OL is at. They blocked well for the QB and running game. 723 yards of offense :) and some turnovers and penalties that kept them from crossing 800 yards of offense.

Article:
Quarterback John Rhys Plumlee threw for over 280 yards and three touchdowns on the night. He also added 90 yards on the ground and had a rushing score as well. He did throw two interceptions but overall, he looked good. The rushing attack carried the offense in this one as they had a whopping 389 yards on the ground. Johnny Richardson led the team with 100 yards and RJ Harvey had a nice game as well with 84 yards and a score. I must also give credit to the offensive line for doing a great job too. UCF racked up a total of 723 yards on the night and if not for a few turnovers and penalties they probably would have gone over 800.

It may be the opponent that experiences the problems. Consider this from another article I read this morning as we criticize where the OL is at. They blocked well for the QB and running game. 723 yards of offense :) and some turnovers and penalties that kept them from crossing 800 yards of offense.

Article:
Quarterback John Rhys Plumlee threw for over 280 yards and three touchdowns on the night. He also added 90 yards on the ground and had a rushing score as well. He did throw two interceptions but overall, he looked good. The rushing attack carried the offense in this one as they had a whopping 389 yards on the ground. Johnny Richardson led the team with 100 yards and RJ Harvey had a nice game as well with 84 yards and a score. I must also give credit to the offensive line for doing a great job too. UCF racked up a total of 723 yards on the night and if not for a few turnovers and penalties they probably would have gone over 800.
Also consider the rule change for first downs. We did this with less time.

I think people are being very critical of JRP. Is he a first round NFL QB? No. Is he anything like Bryce Young, Joe Burrow, Caleb Williams? No,no, and no. Will he be drafted as a QB? "Maybe?" is the ceiling on that right now.

But is he a better version of him self from last year? I think so. Got out of bounds more often, threw 22/30. So far he's better on that end than last year.

We need more data points to see his performance against a better team.

Also consider the rule change for first downs. We did this with less time.

I think people are being very critical of JRP. Is he a first round NFL QB? No. Is he anything like Bryce Young, Joe Burrow, Caleb Williams? No,no, and no. Will he be drafted as a QB? "Maybe?" is the ceiling on that right now.

But is he a better version of him self from last year? I think so. Got out of bounds more often, threw 22/30. So far he's better on that end than last year.

We need more data points to see his performance against a better team.
I just bc wish he would f-ing slide. There was no reason for him to be running that much against Kent State let alone hurdling over defenders and taking unnecessary hits. I’m sorry but if he does that crap against Kansas State in 4-weeks he’s going to end up on a stretcher.

He went 18/22 against Temple, Kent State FPI started at 113th in the country. Would wait to see how he does against Boise State, also think his receivers helped him on at least 3-4 passes that were pretty off the mark.

Reactions: PhDee
He went 18/22 against Temple, Kent State FPI started at 113th in the country. Would wait to see how he does against Boise State, also think his receivers helped him on at least 3-4 passes that were pretty off the mark.
In all fairness, that's part of the job being a WR. To catch imperfect throws.

Only the first game of the season. Definitely, looks like our first 2 QBs this year are better than the first 2 we had last year.

Reactions: U C to the F
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT